It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

You know though that judging people is not necessarily hating them?

Not agreeing with someones lifestyle is judging them. It's no ones business what your life style is.

Society changes, there are things you except now as normal you would have rejected as evil one hundred years ago.

And no my parent did not raise me like that.

Edit, BTW hope I didn't come across too harsh in that last post, it felt good writing it, but now I've softened lol.

edit on 4/4/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

"I believe that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature."

google or youtube,, homosexuality in nature... your god has lotsa splainin ta do!!

obviously gay sex does not result in the reproduction of a child.. this is why you think it goes against nature,, the biggest part of our nature and life is the goal of reproduction,, does this mean every activity we do that is not reproduction goes against nature?

what if nature understands the badness of overpopulation and gay is gods solution?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by XxCanexX

No, I do not see them as lower than myself. We are all people. I believe that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature. I have frequently seen gay couples kissing and holding hands, and while I do believe they have the right to do that, to ME that is not the natural order of things.

If we are all people then shouldn't we all be allowed to do the same things? I get where you are coming from, I really do. Many people view this issue the exact same way as you and there is nothing wrong with that, but at the end of the day if a "straight" couple can hold hands and kiss in public then why should a "gay" couple not be afforded the same thing without people thinking it is wrong? You may not see it as the natural order of things, but maybe a gay man or a lesbian woman would look at your lifestyle and think that you are not following the natural order of things. It's all relative to who's eyes you are looking at it through.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Whether you think it's against nature, or not, it doesn't give you the right to force restriction on them.

Homosexuality is no longer illegal.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Allow them their freedom, and won't you be forgiven?

I hate people with pink avatars, you should all be banned lol. I'm starting a petition to enact that as an ATS T&C!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I think all parents do that.

I was raised to Walk my Own Path.

Honesty - - Integrity - - an accept people for their Heart - - was the base of my upbringing.

"Accept People for their Heart" - - not their color - not their sexuality - - Their Heart.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Most people that find homosexuality wrong or unnatural generally have those views because they find the thought of homosexual intercourse or foreplay sickening or disgusting.

Which is fair enough. I find the thought of heterosexual sex quite a turn off and enough to make me go soft in any given situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I don't agree with your argument. You may not agree with what I'm serving my family for dinner, but that doesn't mean you are judging me for serving it???

Disagree: fail to agree, differ in opinion
Judge: to form an opinion

You are right, it is not my business what people do in their lifestyle. Jeffrey Dohmer enjoyed his lifestyle choices immensley, that doesn't mean I agree with it.

No worries, I enjoy a healthy debate

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Sorry for the pink avatar.....breast cancer and all.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DanielET

Yes, and they think they have the right for their disgust to be used to deny those they hate their rights.

I think Hitler did something similar.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

I don't agree with your argument. You may not agree with what I'm serving my family for dinner, but that doesn't mean you are judging me for serving it???

Yeah but I am not supporting laws that deny you eating food because I hate what you eat.

You are right, it is not my business what people do in their lifestyle. Jeffrey Dohmer enjoyed his lifestyle choices immensley, that doesn't mean I agree with it.

No worries, I enjoy a healthy debate

Well there is a difference, gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Sorry for the pink avatar.....breast cancer and all.

Sorry about that, the cancer, all gone now I hope?

You know I was just making a point about judging people, because I don't happen to agree with their choices?

Whatever excuse Christians use to be against it, they're being hypocrites for acting on it. Who are they to impose their dislikes on others? Who do they think the world belongs to, them? Again a hypocritical stance if you're a Christian.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here: I have been polite to you, you resorted to name calling, and questioning my parenting skills. What do you know about my heart? I have simply stated my beliefs. You believe something different than I do. Obviously you are as devoted to your opinion, as I am mine.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It wasn't too long ago that colored people werent even recognised as human beings let alone having any rights. How the times have changed. The US even has a colored leader now. And it wont be long until gays have equal rights right across the board and until a gay president runs the show. Bring it on I say! We are all human beings and despite contrary belief we are all equal and wealth and status means absolutely sweet F*** all when we depart these earthly vehicles.
edit on 4/4/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here: I have been polite to you, you resorted to name calling, and questioning my parenting skills. What do you know about my heart? I have simply stated my beliefs. You believe something different than I do. Obviously you are as devoted to your opinion, as I am mine.

Name calling?

Well - - your beliefs want to deny human beings Equal Rights.

And Don't dare tell me they have the same rights you do to marry the opposite sex.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Our "sins" are nothing to do with anyone other than ourselves and our god.

Stay out of my sins lol!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Newsoul and Anne you guys are bickering like a married couple

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
It wasn't too long ago that colored people werent even recognised as human beings let alone having any rights. How the times have changed. The US even has a colored leader now. And it wont be long until gays have equal rights right across the board and until a gay president runs the show. Bring it on I say! We are all human beings and despite contrary belief we are all equal and wealth and status means absolutely sweet F*** all when we depart these earthly vehicles.

Yeah - - and Legal Marriage Licenses in the US - - - were actually created to prevent inter-racial marriage.

Like its gonna taint them to give Equality to all humans.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Newsoul and Anne you guys are bickering like a married couple

Is that a Legal Government Marriage License?

One that even Atheists have a right to?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I am doing well, thank you.

There are people who hate gay people, there are people who hate Christians, there are people who hate Muslims, there are people who hate blacks, there are people who just simply hate other people. Intolerance runs deep my friend. Just because I do not agree with someones lifestyle does NOT mean that I hate them. Every culture, every religion, everyone imposes their beliefs on everyone else.

You believe that gay marriage should be legal and I do not. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Are you saying that we can't be friends because we disagree?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

That's hilarious

I think we both needed that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join