Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Who mentioned sin?

That's a whole other topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
...people to continue to think that gays don't have the right to marry.

and always will.

as long as there is hate, war and injustice/inequality in the world,

there will always be people who don't feel good about their own qualities and aspects,

until they put down others

of course, they will not ever admit that, but just stand by their 'opinions' and judgements oops i mean, 'beliefs'.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My 12 year old granddaughter has been taught to accept friends because she likes them. That includes friends that are gay. Of which she already has one.

She understands what Equality means.

Her response to same gender attraction? So what. Its who they are in their Heart that matters.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Just because every culture and every religion imposes it's beliefs on everybody else does not mean that it is right to do so. Maybe that's part of the problem. If people just stopped trying to make everybody else like them then we wouldn't need to have these conversations.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XxCanexX

So basically everyone should just give up their belief systems, and just let everyone have a hay day? I'm not trying to make anyone like me, I am expressing my beliefs, the same as everyone else on this board is expressing theirs.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I have not put anyone down. If anything I have been put down, so I guess what your saying is the people who call me a bigot and put me down just don't feel good about their qualities and aspects?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
hmmm, Belief systems based on gender/sex, isnt their a word for that?

oh yeah..

Genderism / Sexism

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are seeing the the forest from the trees, lot's of smoke and mirrors in this world.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

ok but you think in a free society,, your beliefs should be aloud to turn into laws, that effect innocent citizens of your country negatively? i just want to know why you think you should be a loud to have a say in what these people do with their lives,,, when you would be offended for them to question, judge, or do anything in yours?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

I have not put anyone down. If anything I have been put down, so I guess what your saying is the people who call me a bigot and put me down just don't feel good about their qualities and aspects?

your the victim,, this is all about you now, and the horrors,,, come to think of it the people putting you down can kind of be related to people agreeing with same sex marriage,,,, just another reason to stand by your righteous beliefs,,, oh and you have not put anyone down,, but it is people exactly like you,, people who believe the same things as you, who have put down the opportunity for gay people to get married... believing you have a power of law over these peoples lives and executing that power is putting them down,,, they dont want you to think about them,, they dont want this to be a topic,,,,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by newsoul

ok but you think in a free society,, your beliefs should be aloud to turn into laws, that effect innocent citizens of your country negatively? i just want to know why you think you should be a loud to have a say in what these people do with their lives,,, when you would be offended for them to question, judge, or do anything in yours?

So what is the difference if THEIR beliefs become law and effect innocent citizens of my country? It is my belief that homosexuality goes against nature, I am not the only person that believes that, so if their beliefs become law it will effect innocent citizens in my country.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Question: no sarcasm or challenge intended, but I was not aware that the right to marry or to perform a marriage was the rights or property of any religion.
My wife of 36 years and I were married by a justice of the peace in a civil ceremony.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

So basically everyone should just give up their belief systems, and just let everyone have a hay day? I'm not trying to make anyone like me, I am expressing my beliefs, the same as everyone else on this board is expressing theirs.

Why would giving up one's belief system result in a hay day? You don't believe in "gay" couples having the same thing "straight" couples have, and I guess the problem I am having with that is how is that belief system beneficial to man-kind? Is it that hard to have your own belief system and not be bothered by others? will "gay" couples getting married result in a hay day as you say? Will it trigger the end of civilization? Will it lead to a massive war? I'm sorry, I'm just not getting it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

your the victim,, this is all about you now, and the horrors,,, come to think of it the people putting you down can kind of be related to people agreeing with same sex marriage,,,, just another reason to stand by your righteous beliefs,,, oh and you have not put anyone down,,

I'm not the victim, I was stating a fact. Did I say my beliefs were righteous?? I don't remember saying that. I said they are MY beliefs!! And NO, I haven't put anyone down.

but it is people exactly like you,, people who believe the same things as you, who have put down the opportunity for gay people to get married... believing you have a power of law over these peoples lives and executing that power is putting them down,,, they dont want you to think about them,, they dont want this to be a topic,,,,

This may be my favorite quote of the evening "People exactly like you". Hmmmm really? That seems like you are dumping me into some category, what category would that be that I belong in?? I have simply stated my beliefs, you know, things that I believe in.......Do I think I have some magic power over anyone, no.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by newsoul

So what is the difference if THEIR beliefs become law and effect innocent citizens of my country? It is my belief that homosexuality goes against nature, I am not the only person that believes that, so if their beliefs become law it will effect innocent citizens in my country.

What two adults wish to do with their lives should not directly effect anyone other then these two individuals,,

I believe smoking ciggaretes goes against nature,, do I have the right to not allow other people to smoke?

who gay people marrying effects you is just baffeling,, gay people exixt and do everything gay people do, weather they legally are married or not,,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

And I suspect that you never will, apparently your BELIEFS are different than mine. Why is that so hard for anyone here to grasp? I do not believe that homosexuality follows the natural laws of this universe.

I can assure you that if everyone on this planet were allowed to do whatever they wanted to do, it would be a "hay-day" (that's just the Kentucky coming out). Actually, to put it more bluntly, it would be a blood bath, because there is so much hatred in this world. Now if you have read all of this thread you will know that that is not my stance, I do not hate homosexuals, I do not agree with their decisions. Big difference.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

your the victim,, this is all about you now, and the horrors,,, come to think of it the people putting you down can kind of be related to people agreeing with same sex marriage,,,, just another reason to stand by your righteous beliefs,,, oh and you have not put anyone down,,

I'm not the victim, I was stating a fact. Did I say my beliefs were righteous?? I don't remember saying that. I said they are MY beliefs!! And NO, I haven't put anyone down.

but it is people exactly like you,, people who believe the same things as you, who have put down the opportunity for gay people to get married... believing you have a power of law over these peoples lives and executing that power is putting them down,,, they dont want you to think about them,, they dont want this to be a topic,,,,

This may be my favorite quote of the evening "People exactly like you". Hmmmm really? That seems like you are dumping me into some category, what category would that be that I belong in?? I have simply stated my beliefs, you know, things that I believe in.......Do I think I have some magic power over anyone, no.

People exactly like you,,,, what i meant is,,,, people exactly like you, who share the same beliefs as you,, are the ones who do not allow gay marriage to become legal ..... this is a true statement,,,,, people like you,,, who share your beliefs, are the ones who have a problem with it,,,,,the ones who have a problem with it,, are people exactly like you.

edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

And because sooooo many people believe that, smoking is now illegal in public places. You have just made my point for me, thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

it is my belief that smoking should be illegal,, in private places as well. should i have the right to not allow people to consummate with their cigarettes within their own free and private life?
edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

That seems like you are dumping me into some category, what category would that be that I belong in??

Denying Equal Rights to humans - - - because of a belief.

That is the category you are in.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join