It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

soooo, then you admit to being a racist and a bigot and you eat your own feces?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

Originally posted by manna2

Originally posted by Annee
Yep - 65. Been around the block a few times.

I don't waste time in the Spin Zone.

It's the maturity level of posting that threw her annee.
We all got that impression.
We all? Or just the bigots of this thread? For many easy to have an unfavorable view of someone if you disagree with their entire mentality, world-view and dislike their character because they operate differently than you.
edit on 7-4-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

yeas that is probably true how I feel about annee.
you sound narcissistic!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Helmkat

Clearly woman have been as you have stated "seen as second class citizens" in many countries because of the religions that are prevalent in those countries. The bible says that a man is the leader of his house. In the bible woman are to serve their husbands. This thread is not about womans sufferage so I really don't know where you are going with this idea.

If you are going to throw out all groups who have been discriminated against, you can use EVERY religion, EVERY race, EVERY nationality, the list is endless.

I only choose to address your own analogies and how they might relate to Homosexual rights. As usual though you grease your arguments up and then slide the subject off to stage right instead of addressing the question. You yourself stand upon the shoulders of all those who fought and suffered to bring women closer to equality with men in society and then once upon those shoulders you looked down, saw Gays and then shined up and renovated the arguments of those who opposed your own equality and used them against Homosexuals.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

What a lovely christian attitude you display this Easter weekend! I'm sure your Christ would have approved of it.

My understanding was that Christ preached love and acceptance.

If you were standing by his side and saw someone gay, do you think that Christ would have advocated treating them as second class citizens and deny them the right to pursue love with the person they love? ABSOLUTELY NOT. He would have extended to them his unconditional love.

To all the Christians posting to this thread I ask... am I wrong to assume that that would be his most likely reaction?

As you gather to celebrate this most holy of your holidays, I urge you to put the hate and intolerance aside and follow Jesus' teachings rather than spread unnecessary ill will.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yep - 65. Been around the block a few times.

I don't waste time in the Spin Zone.

It's the maturity level of posting that threw her annee.
We all got that impression.
We all? Or just the bigots of this thread? For many easy to have an unfavorable view of someone if you disagree with their entire mentality, world-view and dislike their character because they operate differently than you.

yeas that is probably true how I feel about annee.
you sound narcissistic!
And you sound like an immature teenager.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This thread really makes me realize just how hateful, mean-spirited, callous, uncaring and just flat out hostile people who say they "disagree" with homosexuality are towards anything gay-related. It's honestly shocking. To the point where you mock and denigrate teens who commit suicide and call people sick for not being anti-gay. It's unbelievable how anti-gays will always find a way to not take responsibility for their own actions and blame gay people and straight supporters of equality for everything. For everything. The way they feel, the reasons gay teens commit suicide, why gay-acceptance has taken so long to gain traction. Not even realizing that calling people unnatural deviants is insulting and not only that, saying these things with some perverted sense of pride. And what's funny is ALL of you say this behind the safety of a computer because you don't have the gall to say this in real life, since you KNOW what would happen----you'd be completely ostracized. Such cowards. Such low character. I'm really very offended. Homophobes are nasty, nasty people. You don't even treat LGBTQ citizens like humans. It's like they're a different species to you.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Do unto others as you want to have done to yourself. Something I always strive to achieve. I guess that's just how I was raised.

noooo, I called you sick for being a gossip and incessantly hateful to everyone you disagree with.
I think thats really, really sick.
Especially so if it was a Christian, but in this case you get a small break because simply, you must not know any better.
If you had a better male adult role model in a real father you most likely could at least control your emotions to the point of respectful dialogue.
I'll throw you a bone.
It's not all your fault.
Since you simply cannot prove that "you are born that way", I can show you where you might have the tendencies due to environmental factors.
The studies on endocrine disruptors and things like BPA can account for the rise in homosexual activity in all of nature and can show why you see it in animals too.
But that might be too much science and facts for this thread.
Let the hate fest continue.
Rant on my boy, rant on. I know it's REALLY REALLY important to you to personalize the issue and attack someone, individuals for your misfortunes.
I never knew it affyou socially in this way. But that is probably just that there are gay jerks and hetero jerks.
You guys just seem to need to expose yourselves publicly more is all.
I will challenge you if you'ld like but I would expect you to be civil and engage in dialogue but I doubt you have that ability.
It's not because you are gay, it's because you seem to feel the need to be a jerk in public forums.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

you are projecting again.
I am not a martyr in any way no matter how hard you try.
I do find it interesting how anyone you disagree with must be demonized immediately so that you don't have to be civil and address any issues on the subject whatsover.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

soooo, then you admit to being a racist and a bigot and you eat your own feces?
What wonderful Christian behavior exhibited by you. I'm sure God would be proud.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am not a martyr in any way no matter how hard you try.
I do find it interesting how anyone you disagree with must be demonized immediately so that you don't have to be civil and address any issues on the subject whatsover.
There are no issues on the subject for rational, reasonable minded individuals. Stop acting as if my rights and my life are conditional and up for debate. I have nothing to justify.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

What a lovely christian attitude you display this Easter weekend! I'm sure your Christ would have approved of it.

If you were standing by his side and saw someone gay, do you think that Christ would have advocated treating them as second class citizens and deny them the right to pursue love with the person they love? ABSOLUTELY NOT. He would have extended to them his unconditional love.

To all the Christians posting to this thread I ask... am I wrong to assume that that would be his most likely reaction?

As you gather to celebrate this most holy of your holidays, I urge you to put the hate and intolerance aside and follow Jesus' teachings rather than spread unnecessary ill will.

nahhh, He would simply have counseled you on the true definitions of love and enlightened you to the fact that eros is the lowest form of the word used. That sexual desires does not equate as love.
The greeks had 4 words to describe love.
Eros being the least He would have forgiven you and sent you on your way and counseled you to "sin no more"
And that was just addressing your gossip tendencies. Whether you know it or not, He seemed to have control of His sexual urges.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

then what are you doing in this thread.
You make no sense but sound like you yourself want to be a martyr.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This thread really makes me realize just how hateful, mean-spirited, callous, uncaring and just flat out hostile people who say they "disagree" with homosexuality are towards anything gay-related. It's honestly shocking. To the point where you mock and denigrate teens who commit suicide and call people sick for not being anti-gay. It's unbelievable how anti-gays will always find a way to not take responsibility for their own actions and blame gay people and straight supporters of equality for everything. For everything. The way they feel, the reasons gay teens commit suicide, why gay-acceptance has taken so long to gain traction. Not even realizing that calling people unnatural deviants is insulting and not only that, saying these things with some perverted sense of pride. And what's funny is ALL of you say this behind the safety of a computer because you don't have the gall to say this in real life, since you KNOW what would happen----you'd be completely ostracized. Such cowards. Such low character. I'm really very offended. Homophobes are nasty, nasty people. You don't even treat LGBTQ citizens like humans. It's like they're a different species to you.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Do unto others as you want to have done to yourself. Something I always strive to achieve. I guess that's just how I was raised.

noooo, I called you sick for being a gossip and incessantly hateful to everyone you disagree with.
I think thats really, really sick.
Especially so if it was a Christian, but in this case you get a small break because simply, you must not know any better.
If you had a better male adult role model in a real father you most likely could at least control your emotions to the point of respectful dialogue.
I'll throw you a bone.
It's not all your fault.
Since you simply cannot prove that "you are born that way", I can show you where you might have the tendencies due to environmental factors.
The studies on endocrine disruptors and things like BPA can account for the rise in homosexual activity in all of nature and can show why you see it in animals too.
But that might be too much science and facts for this thread.
Let the hate fest continue.
Rant on my boy, rant on. I know it's REALLY REALLY important to you to personalize the issue and attack someone, individuals for your misfortunes.
I never knew it affyou socially in this way. But that is probably just that there are gay jerks and hetero jerks.
You guys just seem to need to expose yourselves publicly more is all.
I will challenge you if you'ld like but I would expect you to be civil and engage in dialogue but I doubt you have that ability.
It's not because you are gay, it's because you seem to feel the need to be a jerk in public forums.

Can you prove we are born with any sexuality at all?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Good morning. I see you've been setting things right this morning.

And you have met the "real" Christian.

You might have noticed I did not/do not respond to this person. Ever.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'll throw you a bone.
It's not all your fault.
Look very closely at this person, here. Look very closely, people. This is an individual who considers "not having a real father" (false BTW my family, especially my mom and grandfather basically think homophobia is ridiculous in every way) as a joke. This is a person who thinks gay men don't have father figures to guide them to heterosexuality. And then uses that viewpoint against gay people in a mocking tone and delivery.

Being born gay or not is irrelevant, although yes, people are born gay and straight:

esciencenews.com...

Science has basically totally past this "debate". But it's IRRELEVANT because we all have the ability to choose who we are and what we want to be without being discriminated against as a result of that choice, if that choice is a legal, non-harmful, personal one.

And there isn't any rise in homosexual behavior in nature. Homosexuality in nature isn't occurring more often now than it has before. You're completely hateful. You should truly be ashamed of yourself by literally going out of your way to not only justify your homophobia, but to actually have this child-like "na na na nah, you're gay, you're a freak, you have no dad, you're f*cked up ha ha ha" mentality. You truly do have some serious problems, I don't know if a gay man or lesbian woman, or straight supporter, has done something to you to cause you to be so callous and negative, and as mean as you are, but hopefully, since you seem to believe you're a Christian, you realize that part of being Godly is loving thy neighbor and treating others the way you want to be treated.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No, it's called not allowing people like you get away with your lies and denigration of innocent people. You seem to think you run the show, honey. Definitely, you're in desperate need of a reality check.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Good morning. I see you've been setting things right this morning.

And you have met the "real" Christian.

You might have noticed I did not/do not respond to this person. Ever.

Good morning! Yeah, this troll manna is something else. I've dealt with a lot of homophobes but with this one, you can just feel the hate, hostility and the arrogance. And the blatant attempts to twist everything and anything said to suit itself. I shouldn't respond to the troll, but I'm hardheaded. I can't let this individual get away with their lies. Also, it's easy to make manna look stupid, although this individual really accomplishes this without any intervention.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thats because your args fall on their face when confronted with real facts and your hate is exposed for what it is.
I ask again, have you apologized for your flase claims and lies in the zimmerman character assasination yet?
You have no credibility and that topic proves it beyond any doubt.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

nahhh, He would simply have counseled you on the true definitions of love and enlightened you to the fact that eros is the lowest form of the word used. That sexual desires does not equate as love.
The greeks had 4 words to describe love.
Eros being the least He would have forgiven you and sent you on your way and counseled you to "sin no more"
And that was just addressing your gossip tendencies. Whether you know it or not, He seemed to have control of His sexual urges.
Well, since sexual orientation is not solely a "sexual urge" or "sexual desire", I don't believe this comment has any relevance to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Thats because your args fall on their face when confronted with real facts and your hate is exposed for what it is.
I ask again, have you apologized for your flase claims and lies in the zimmerman character assasination yet?
You have no credibility and that topic proves it beyond any doubt.
All the glass in your house must be broken with all the stones you throw.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No, it's called not allowing people like you get away with your lies and denigration of innocent people. You seem to think you run the show, honey. Definitely, you're in desperate need of a reality check.

Is that all you can do?
Your attacks don't bother me, I am self assured and know too much compared to you to feel threatened by personal attacks.
BPA and endocrine disruptors for a start.
They affect more than just sexual tendencies. Spend some time and read about it.
It's in the water supply and in foods.
And the studies on fathers and homosexual tendencies are irrefutable.
I can post some things if you want to discuss, or you can continue the martyr thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join