It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

The only thing barricading yourself in your house in your tighty whiteys yelling, "Come get my guns if ya dare!" will accomplish is getting yourself and your family killed. And the slap in the face would be the government agents wouldn't suffer even ONE casualty.

2. Even most of the people armed would be of no good in surprise real life situations because they don't have the "heart" to pull the trigger and shoot someone, despite all that chest thumping they do around their buddies.

LMAO, these are people gun owners are talking about!
A gunowners thoughts are so out of touch with reality, were apparently so ill trained, so unprepared for a life/death situation, that our pants would fall down as quick as our guns would

Face it...you're just scared of some "good ol boy" who would and could blow you away with his slug gun quicker than "your kind" shoots kids with candy bars

and i feel for you...i really do
edit on 4-4-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Wow that gun has come in real handy eh. One of these days it will land you in jail and you will think what I said might have been true. More trouble than they are worth in a civilized society. I agree there are areas that might need them but to shove them down everyone's throat the way the NRA does is totally WRONG>

See that is what is wrong with the anti-gun people. In your example you are implying that we the gun owners should have already stepped forward and started shooting for the current injustices that is happening. You would like that wouldn't you. The fact of the matter is, this just goes to show how much restraint us legal gun owners really do have. Things have not got to that point, yet, but if things keep going the way they are, the day is coming to bring the guns out. The guns will come out when there are no other options, I think the gun owners have been very restrained thus far, but that could change.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Thanks pal but don't tell me about gun owners because I own a gun.

You people think CONTROL is a bad word,, you want people armed in traffic, at work in Churches and Parks and sports facilities...you don't care who has a gun or how they get them.
You are getting spoon fed by the NRA and just crapping out the by-product - blind opposition to common sense.

Sooooo its ok for you to own a gun but no one else? Based on your response thus far and the innacuracies, I would say you should not be in possession of a gun. When you learn the law, how it works and applies and you stop fearmongering and blaming the NRA, come back an rejoin the conversation. By the way the NRA is not the one who allows citizens to own guns, that would be the Constitution and upheld by multpiple supreme court rulings.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I own a gun for protection because I live in a high crime area and I don't suffer fools so sorry if I don't deconstruct your little argument.
If you don't agree with me that the criminally insane should not have easy access to automatic weapons - I am left with only two possible conclusions. Either you are a proponent of the powerful NRA or you are indeed a fool and dangerously irresponsible person.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Thanks pal but don't tell me about gun owners because I own a gun.

You people think CONTROL is a bad word,, you want people armed in traffic, at work in Churches and Parks and sports facilities...you don't care who has a gun or how they get them.
You are getting spoon fed by the NRA and just crapping out the by-product - blind opposition to common sense.

Sooooo its ok for you to own a gun but no one else? Based on your response thus far and the innacuracies, I would say you should not be in possession of a gun. When you learn the law, how it works and applies and you stop fearmongering and blaming the NRA, come back an rejoin the conversation. By the way the NRA is not the one who allows citizens to own guns, that would be the Constitution and upheld by multpiple supreme court rulings.

Oh so now this is your thread and you are pretending to know me.

You don't know anything about me but I am sure you will find all that minor detail type stuff AFTER you shoot me, right Mr Zimmerman? Like "hey buddy, I ain't prowling - I live here!"
You are full of yourself and so afraid of any common sense brought into this argument - you will say anything. I never said I didn't own a gun. You are presumptive, i.e. read TRIGGER HAPPY.

edit on 4-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker808
reply to post by DZAG Wright

The only thing barricading yourself in your house in your tighty whiteys yelling, "Come get my guns if ya dare!" will accomplish is getting yourself and your family killed. And the slap in the face would be the government agents wouldn't suffer even ONE casualty.

2. Even most of the people armed would be of no good in surprise real life situations because they don't have the "heart" to pull the trigger and shoot someone, despite all that chest thumping they do around their buddies.

LMAO, these are people gun owners are talking about!
A gunowners thoughts are so out of touch with reality, were apprently so ill trained, so unprepared for a life/death situation, that our pants would fall down as quick as our guns would

your just scared of some "good ol boy" who would and could blow you away with his slug gun quicker than "your kind" shoots kids with candy bars

and i feel for you...i really do

good ol well prepared country boy here!!! I have a 1200 yard range on my property and can hit it all day long. If you can even make it to my house your in trouble..... I'm a better shot close up.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If you don't agree with me that the criminally insane should not have easy access to automatic weapons - I am left with only two possible conclusions. Either you are a proponent of the powerful NRA or you are indeed a fool and dangerously irresponsible person

LULZ...how are you not trolling...
when has the NRA ever said something along the lines of "lets give the criminally insane class three weapons"?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker808

If you don't agree with me that the criminally insane should not have easy access to automatic weapons - I am left with only two possible conclusions. Either you are a proponent of the powerful NRA or you are indeed a fool and dangerously irresponsible person

LULZ...how are you not trolling...
when has the NRA ever said something along the lines of "lets give the criminally insane class three weapons"?

I said that but you cannot read. So now I am trolling.
I am sure anyone with a different opinion that you and the deceased Charlton Heston is.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ever since weapons have been in use carved from stone and bone have there been murders, how is an anti gun law going to stop that?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
i'd like to see how many actually would shoot military/govt officials when they came for the guns.

Count me.

count 10% of the population 30 million people
thats a low number, the gov is dumb not that dumb
to forcefully take peoples guns.
AND IF a invading army came into america
the people can help defend the land.
edit on 4-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hitler was for gun control. Mao Tse Tung was for gun control. Stalin was for gun control. In every case, totalitarian governments disarmed the people before wiping them out. Over 200 million last century we killed by their own governments.

Now the U.S.. is becoming as despotic a police state as ever existed, you want us to disarm?

No. F'n way!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

excuse me,
but you stated that a proponent of the NRA would believe that...have they ever said anything along those terms for their member to believe that, or use as a mantra?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Very true, I can't see anyone disagreeing with that but I don't think anyone has claimed it will stop crime. It will reduce the number of shootings though. Even if you take out the number of armed criminals you will have a number of people involved in shootings that either have just had the day from hell or they are on a melt down. How many lives have been saved by the victims having a gun? That's a very hard figure to work out.

Really?... Why is it then that in your home country, England/Britain GUN crimes, and crimes in general, have INCREASED since the banning of guns?...

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
Last updated at 12:14 AM on 3rd July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.
Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.
The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

The Tories said Labour had presided over a decade of spiralling violence.
In the decade following the party's election in 1997, the number of recorded violent attacks soared by 77 per cent to 1.158million - or more than two every minute.
The figures, compiled from reports released by the European Commission and United Nations, also show:

The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.
It has a higher homicide rate than most of our western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The UK has the fifth highest robbery rate in the EU.
It has the fourth highest burglary rate and the highest absolute number of burglaries in the EU, with double the number of offences than recorded in Germany and France.
But it is the naming of Britain as the most violent country in the EU that is most shocking. The analysis is based on the number of crimes per 100,000 residents.
In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec48b7553e41.jpg[/atsimg]

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.
Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You ban citizens from owning firearms and ONLY CRIMINALS will have firearms...

Crimes in general, and even crimes with handguns have INCREASED in the UK since the handgun ban...

In the U.S. most gun crimes occur in states that have become the spitting image of European nations... The same states where firearms are either banned or heavily restricted are the states with the most crimes WITH FIREARMS AND HANDGUNS, but this is "inconprehensible" to the left who are too brainwashed and too naive to understand what the facts state.

edit on 4-4-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Funny, one of the hot trending topics on the front page of ATS at the moment is about someone being a paid internet shill.

I think you're one of them. Go away.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Nite_wing
SANFORD, Fla. —
Two men were arrested in Sanford on attempted murder charges after trying to kill another man with a hammer, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said on Monday.

Here

The victim didn't have a gun.

We need to get rid of hammers too.

It's obvious.

We disagree on a lot...but this issue isn't one of them.

Removing the right to bear arms is nothing short of insane. The North American Indian didn't have a whole lot guns either....look what happened to them.

Never underestimate the US governments willingness to murder defenseless civilians.

It's the epitome of insane actually.
Pretty much.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You can take it out of my dead cold hands, Your not getting it without a fight though.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Ooooh.. I would not say that. The s-1867 is a new law from the government enabling the NWO to take all from you, down from your land to yourself. The only glich: people will defend themselves. The NWO is afraid of guns. They want us to give up our guns so they put in the media gruesome stories of shootings. They also want to bypass Constitution so they can steal you. Letting them re-write the Constitution would not be advisable because they will then make us labour force. Which, I am sure you already know, is another word for slaves.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

I own a gun for protection because I live in a high crime area and I don't suffer fools so sorry if I don't deconstruct your little argument.
If you don't agree with me that the criminally insane should not have easy access to automatic weapons - I am left with only two possible conclusions. Either you are a proponent of the powerful NRA or you are indeed a fool and dangerously irresponsible person.

So when you get called out and cant justify your argument, you resort to the typical stereotyping and name calling.

Actually I do law enforcement. My position on guns is its a right for a person to own / posses and use. If I get killed on a traffic stop because the driver is a wingnut with a death wish and is armed then so be it. I can't in good conscience support restricting firearms simply because of the fear people have based on what if scenarios.

If a person is determined to get a gun when they are not supposed to have one, they will find a way to get one.

Should we also restrict the sale of alcohol because some people get drunk and drive?
Should we restrict the sale of cars because a drunk could purchase one drive while intoxicated?
What about knives?
Baseball bats?
Rifles?

I respect your opinion, I just dont agree with it. To me its based on fear and to an extent paranoia. You justify the reason you have a gun while arguing why others should not. Your position, respectfully, appears to be self serving and nothing more.

It reminds me of the fiasco sometime back that dealt with Rosie Odonnell and Tom Selleck. She is anti gun to the extent of no one should own them. She invited Selleck on her show for one topic, then attacked him and his stance on guns once on set.

what she failed to disclose is she is deadset against private gun ownership, except when it comes to her and her family, in which case she is ok that her body guards / security carry guns.

Until a person is convicted of a crime or determined to be mental by a Psychiatrist, they are entitled, just like you and I, to purchase possess and use one.

A knee jerk reaction based on fear and paranoia doesn't hold water.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey people. I read about the first 3 pages and everybody has said what I want to say so I'll just say two things;

Guns don't kill people,people kill people!!

And as far as I'm concerned; "gun controll means useing both hands!!!""

Try and take mine!!

Be safe people

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Oh so now this is your thread and you are pretending to know me.

You don't know anything about me but I am sure you will find all that minor detail type stuff AFTER you shoot me, right Mr Zimmerman? Like "hey buddy, I ain't prowling - I live here!"
You are full of yourself and so afraid of any common sense brought into this argument - you will say anything. I never said I didn't own a gun. You are presumptive, i.e. read TRIGGER HAPPY.

edit on 4-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

And the Oscar for best supporting actor in a drama goes to..... newcovenant.

Hypocritical much? You dont know me yet im zimmerman. Are you going to base your argument on anything other than a paranoid perception and fear of everyone coupled with name calling?

Are you going to call me Zimmerman when he is cleared of the charges?

Your ignorance knows no bounds and that is just as dangerous as a wingnut with a gun. If you could check your ignorance at the door and take the time to read the posts you would see I never said you didnt own a gun. I said so its ok for you to own a gun but no one else.

Please try and pay attention.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join