It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propranolol: The Drug That Everyone Will Be On.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by SilentKoala

The drug in question improves a person's performance

Good point. So, maybe they're planning on using it for soldiers and fighter pilots?
I posted some information recently that stated within a released document that they are wanting to replace soldiers with drones because there is a lower number of mistakes with robots.

It would be really scary if our military was composed of robots, drones, and soldiers on meds that make them more skilled and accurate.

I wouldn't see that as a bad thing at all. Drones don't come home in coffins wrapped in flags, to grieving family members. Drones won't need to be recruited from underprivileged high schools and sent to boot camp. Drones will probably be smart enough to not friendly fire other drones. And drones won't pile people into naked pyramids or suffer from "PTSD" and go slaughtering innocent women and children. I say start producing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Yes, but drones cause unemployment. Drones also crash a lot and may soon be nuclear.
www.guardian.co.uk...

American scientists have drawn up plans for a new generation of nuclear-powered drones capable of flying over remote regions of the world for months on end without refuelling.

."It's pretty terrifying prospect," said Chris Coles of Drone Wars UK, which campaigns against the increasing use of drones for both military and civilian purposes. "Drones are much less safe than other aircraft and tend to crash a lot. There is a major push by this industry to increase the use of drones and both the public and government are struggling to keep up with the implications."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Nuclear-powered. Not equipped with nuclear weapons.

Also, technological advancements improve employment. Any loss of jobs in the military would be offest by new jobs in the tech sector which are better paying and obviously better working conditions. This is classic Econ 101.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Nuclear-powered. Not equipped with nuclear weapons.

My apologies.
I didn't realize that nuclear-powered meant "safe".
I guess nuclear power plants are somewhere in the middle of the two?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I was on 20mg/day of propranolol from December to February, for my heart condition that I contracted as a result of my hyper-thyroidism. I'm 29 years old. I'm an East Indian, Hindu. I'm not racist, but I do feel a certain kind of animosity toward most Punjabis and some Sikhs; and have for most of the last 10 years now. But I didn't notice any psychological changes in regards to what you're referring to.

I'm not trying to derail your thread. Just throwing in my two cents.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I was given propranolol many years ago to help with tremors, with that diazepam, too. My GP told me I can be on it for the rest of my life. After using it for a long time and research of what it is, an anti-adrenic drug I thought well it's probably for my own well being.

The thing is that I do suffer from hypotension and even telling other doctors they said it is safe. I started getting pain in the oesophagus area and only after I have taken a tablet, every time. I was on a 10mg tablet which is the lowest one can get, once a day.

As one whom suffers from panic attacks and anxiety I kept taking my propanolol religiously. Yes, it does help with tremors but does absolutely nothing when it comes to anxiety attacks, unless I suppose one takes a much higher dosage.

To get to the point I will admit it does work for my tremors. I will always have mine with me and I can go for weeks without taking one. I do not take it everyday as I don't want it to bring on angina.

The only thing that works is breathing exercises on theta waves, fact.

Lose the anti-adrenics and chill pills and lie down and breathe and heal oneself. I am no medical professional but I have been on medication for many years and I have never felt this good by exercising my brain and attitude to being positive and knowing earths energy is flowing through me.

These drugs, any chill pill will never cure one but only relieve stress. Teaching your brain 30 minutes a day and seeing, feeling and knowing that we have the power and energy around us, inside us, that is our cure. Meditation made me realize I was a negative sheep.

Thank you for this thread

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If it will cure racism, then let's hope they prescribe it to all police officers...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

S&F!

I'll stick with Bob Marley's theory, vibration (music) can cure racism.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Brave New World ...

I have a niece that stares into space regularly now that her parents, at the teacher's and doctor's recommendation, put her on some powerful drug for ADHD.

Our world has gone insane ...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Natural Beta blockers are found in beef. My understanding of Beta blockers is they block the formation of Beta waves. This means they block the Brown fat from metabolizing the white fat and assumably stabilize energy to the heart and muscles. It does work but the side effects can include weight gain because the fat isn't burned. This means that you may require a warmer environment or you will get cold. It could also effect proper brain function if you get hungry and don't have adequate reserves of glucose in the liver. I know that Inderol wasn't as much of a problem for me as the other newer types of Beta blockers but I never actually took it full time. I've been looking for a plant source of the chemical but haven't really found one. Maybe chocolate contains it, I have not studied that much yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Do you now realize that racism is simply opinion and preference that's perpetuated by developmental environment and culture? If racism is reduced by Propranolol, then your opinions based on emotion (which they ALL are) will be reduced as well. This soldier, speaking out about what he's been ordered and forced to do during the "War on Terror" would no longer be speaking out...his terrible memories would be suppressed and replaced with neutral or even good memories.

good thread

new world order is installing the last peaces, now with senseless zombie soldiers lurking around your house 'keeping peace' strange times ahead of us.

lets hope the American soldiers aren't so trigger happy when they return home.

nanu nanu
edit on 3-4-2012 by MorkandMindy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

The drone is only as good as the pilot steering it and the availability of signal. I don't understand what they are putting their faith in drones for. An aware pilot that is on the site can see and comprehend more than a person looking through a camera. A pilot may notice evidence that shows that the people are harmless and that the directives of the information leading to the attack is possibly flawed causing an investigation as to the reliability of the informant. Drones can't see everything, the guts instinct of the informed pilot is missing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well, the OP does have SOMETHING here.

I thought at first this thought was going to be about emotion scanners. Like the ones you hear will be fielded at the airports. The ones that catch fast heartbeats, or nervous tics.

Because Inderal is used by the true, brave souls that keep this nation...free.

(cue background images of eagles flying over mountains - cue Lee Greenwood singing 'Proud to be an American')

Yes, Inderal plays an unsung, unrewarded, unknown part in keeping your country safe. While you sleep, thousands of hard working men and women all across this country toil, and labor long nights (yay!) away from their families. Away from their homes. And when they get to those homes, they won't be sharing. No "go to work with daddy day". No tours of Mom's office. Mommy will be skipping out again this year on the "parents day" at grade school. Little Joshua will be telling his classmates that Daddy works for the USDA again, even though he's starting to suspect it's not true.

Because we're the men and women of the Community®. We work in concrete block, copper plated, dark lonely hellholes called SCIFs. We work in deserts where no one wants to live, on planes that glow in the dark because they're covered in radioactive paint. We carry Canadian passports and visit Venezuela, with what looks like cell phone gear, because we figure they can't tell a Canadian accent from a north Georgia one as long as we say "aye" a lot or randomly hum in a few phrases in Quebecois French like a bad skit on SNL.

And Inderal helps us do this. How? How does Inderal help?

(Lee gets to the chorus...cut to shot of eagle on tree branch with waving flag fading in in background..."I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN...")

Because we have to take lifestyle polys every freakin' year. And they ask questions your Momma doesn't know about you. How much do you drink? What's the most drunk you've been this year? What did you talk about? Did you violate your sponsor's limit of two drinks in public? And while you were away, did you cheat? Who or what with? What are your online signons? What are the passwords to your accounts? Did you go to strip clubs while you were in Las Vegas?

It just...won't...stop.

And the only thing that gets 90% of us past the poly is...Inderal.

Inderal, the elixir of the gods when it comes to polygraphs. No more "blip" when they ask about Dawn or Bambi. No more scritching sounds behind your back when the graph goes wild on "what was this expenditure for?" No more internal "OMFG" when you realize you DID speak to someone that you didn't fill out a foreign contact form on.

So here's to you, unnamed Mr Astra Zeneca employee, for keeping the nation proud and free. For keeping us out there in the hangars, behind the computer terminals screening dictionary hits for relevance all the livelong day, reworking the inner s-box one more time to eliminate that pesky bias, up the phone poles in some south American country pretending to be from Canada while we hardwire another tap. Because if it weren't for you, Mr Astra Zeneca employee...

...we'd all lose our clearances.

(...God bless...THE..U...S....AAAAAAA!)

edit on 3-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I guess I'm lucky that my PTSD and anxiety was caused by a head injury from a horrific accident (caused by a parent who was paying more attention to their kids than the left turn they made on the red light in front of already moving traffic....LOL. No one else was injured fortunately...not even the 3 kids without seatbelts in the Mom's car.)

I'm so much happier without that 60 points on my IQ. No chemical lobotomy needed. It was offered, of course, but I chose the natural healing ways and made a miraculous recovery. I still am prone to panic but know yoga techniques to transform that energy into calm.

No doctor can help you with natural healing. They'd lose their medical licenses for that! No one will support your choice either. But it's worth it. Real recovery rather than chemical poisoning is the way to go if you have the money and the inclination.

edit on 3/4/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I laugh at people who think pharmaceutical companies care for them. The truth is, your local herion dealer down the road probably would care for you more than these people and I'm not being sarcastic in any way when I say that.

bravo!! well said!! I only wish a majority of people could share this same attitude

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cointelprotroll

Absolutely! You know what sucks? If you have a lawsuit or need any kind of treatment that's being paid for by insurance, you have to play their game or your condition doesn't exist. I had to drop my lawsuit because I refused to be heavily drugged. The doctors denied that cognitive brain therapy existed in the late 90's. They claimed drugs were the only treatment. I refused to take Prozac, Morphine and Valium. I told them I wasn't depressed enough to be concerned about and that I could handle the pain I experienced.

I mentioned that I was concerned about my liver and kidneys (based on the toxicity of the prescribed meds) and wanted to stay healthy. So, the doctors claimed I was uncooperative and it blew my case.

That was when I realized that I didn't actually have a choice in the type of treatment I chose to pursue for a condition that medicine isn't able to cure or help. Homeopathy, supplements, Craniosacral therapy and alternative therapies are quackery in America according to the courts and insurance companies. It was worth sacrificing the $50,000 max I could have potentially collected after my lawyer took his half.

My recovery is 'miraculous' according to doctors. They always imply that I should be having headaches because everyone who goes through their "treatment" does. I don't get headaches at all.
edit on 3/4/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

God forbid that one knows more about their needs than the doc. 9 out of 10 docs are a complete joke. The AMA is an even bigger joke. Good for you friend!

edit: your health is priceless
edit on 3-4-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

That's all part of the big game insurers play. The present medical system needs income and insurers would rather pay extra costs instead of paying people anything. The big picture is unraveling to many. Having good insurance sucks under the present health system. many unneeded tests are done that aren't related to your symptoms but symptoms are assumed by the doctors and written down on records. Their main concern is maintaining a good health system in the area and to do that you need money. They aren't necessarily greedy but have responsibilities for the other co-workers and the community. We need to go to a government sponsored health care system without insurance companies involvement. Much of our premiums are tied up in paperwork and proper healthcare is nonexistent today. There could be a lot more healthcare workers if the insurance workers were nonexistant, they could be retrained into other jobs of healthcare and the people processing claims in hospitals could be helping people. The whole thing could be cheaper and the jobs would be real. Right now half the jobs are paperwork jobs in healthcare.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't think they are saying it would cure racism by "removing your opinion" it would reduce the OBSESSIVE and compulsive worrying about these little prejudices as if they were important.

Closet racists always bring up "entitlements" or that little tiny perk for minorities that allows them to get into college with lower grades -- as if these were HUGE DEALS. Everyone is prejudiced -- but a racist worries about tiny, little, inconsequential things to the point where they are blown out of proportion.

When someone is getting lynched -- that is being done by people who are OBSESSED about little differences. The difference between someone who is white versus black is so very tiny. And one white guy (like me) is as different from you as any black person. The fact that we even keep track of something like Dark skin is totally ridiculous -- as even a genetic test would find more genetic variance between tribes in Africa, than between the biggest Klan member and average person who was called black in the USA.

>> EVERYONE might one day be on some kind of drug -- if we cannot fight against all these GM and processed foods which seem to affect our brain chemistry. But I'm not going to need a drug that forces me not to obsess on minutiae -- I don't need it.

The fact that you worry so much that someone might force you to take it -- might mean that you ACTUALLY NEED TO TAKE SOME TO CHILL OUT.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can't speak to whether propranolol is being considered for use as a brainwashing drug or as a means to suppress the inhibitions that keep us from harming one another. I CAN speak to the nature of the drug.

I've had severe PTSD for 12 years - the result of a situation in which my life was threatened. I sustained severe physical trauma and injury and bled out as a result. During emergency surgery to repair the bleed, I had a NDE and was returned to my body. I underwent therapy for several years to help me cope with the trauma, but continue to have fairly regular flashbacks, panic, increased startle response, etc. One of the things I learned was that traumatic events are recorded differently in the brain than normal memories. The chemical reactions that etch those traumatic memories into the brain do not occur in the recording of "normal" memories.

Fast forward 9 years: I suffer from very high blood pressure and chronic, intractable migraine. I start taking Propranolol (beta blocker) for the blood pressure and for migraine prevention. It works pretty well for both. A little over a year ago, I start hearting about a new treatment for PTSD. Subjects take a dose of Propranolol and are then exposed to stimuli/memories intended to trigger acute PTSD symptoms. It worked fairly well and was found to offer some real hope as a PTSD treatment. I ask my therapist about it, and she tells me that, although she's not currently using it in her practice, she knows people who do, and that they've had "moderate success". I make a mental note to keep it in mind if my symptoms should become severe.

Shortly thereafter, I find myself in another trauma. I come through with relatively little physical damage, but am a nervous wreck. I end up in an acute state that looked a lot like shell shock. My therapist decides to give the propranolol a try since I've already tried so many other treatment options and since I'm already taking it for blood pressure/migraine prophylaxis. She has me take one dose before treatment. I do so, and am then exposed to images, sounds, etc, that should trigger panic, flashback, etc. I do NOT experience those things. We repeat this over several sessions, and it continues to work. After some time has gone by, I no longer experience horror along with the memories of the trauma. That's not to say that the memories are GONE, or that I am detached from them. It just wraps those thoughts and memories up in a sort of neurochemical bubblewrap to protect me from the sharp corners. There is NO WAY that this drug would ever override my moral compass and allow me to harm anyone without feeling any angst over it. In its pure form, it would never create monstrous robot-soldiers that would be willing to slaughter their fellow citizens. I suppose it might be possible to create a stronger or slightly different, but similar, med and try that. That's a very scary thought, but nothing we need to worry about just yet.

Very interesting post, OP! S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join