It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propranolol: The Drug That Everyone Will Be On.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

@ rickymouse, thank you very much for that info

Been on it many years, and this, yet again, showed me that I'm never too old to learn.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

It looks like the basis of this drug's action has ties to some chemicals in caffeic acid, raw eggs, asparagus, meat, cinnamon, and Saffrin. Interesting how these things help regulate heartrate.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The big fat irony is that propranolol studies have indicated that it can decrease or eliminate fear of public speaking, decrease performance anxiety, increase intelligence, and reduce or eliminate negative emotions associated with very bad and traumatic memories. Propranolol may help people qith PTSD. Propranolol can even help make psychologists and therapists scarce or obsolete. Therapists are jerks that force you to relive painful memories over and over and over again and that increases sadness associated with those bad memories so the stagnation and what's thw point mentality sticks around longer, making the therapists uber rich. Propranolol can't cure racism, but if it can treat PTSD, then I'm all for it. Seems way better than those zombifying SSRi antidepressants. I need propranolol since the therapist only makes my PTSD worse. I don't want to end up kicking his shins in and kicking his ass to death. If it does what the studies claim, it's simply a step forward for people who gone through traumatic stuff and humanity in general. If propranolol works, it should be made legal. It doesn't erase memories, just the sadness associated with sad memories, according to studies. I'm nervous about talking to the psychiatrist about it, but I must do it. I'm smarter anyways since I used nootropics a year ago then stopped using them. I used to be smart, but now I'm even smarter. There seems to be some long term potentiation. I've read about a lot of science things. I also recently discovered that there's a sesert land that belongs to no one(no man's land), and starting a new, more free country there is an interesting concept. Researchers care, but big pharma is manipulated by the fda and they cock block some new emerging chemical technologies that can allow for a singularity. Chemistry can remodify crappy molecular drugs to create better ones with less side effects. Runoff capitalism, genetic modification(highly unpredictable side effects are common with gene manipulation), non scientific big pharmacies, and the powers that promote eugenics instead of allowing chemists and nature science to provide better living though chemistry and nature scientists to allow non gmo organic foods. The balance is wrecked because of government funded genetic pseudoscience (fake science) and the fear of the 99% overcoming obstacles and even become better than the 1% and technology being affordable to the majority.

Mind = Blown?!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain

Propranolol can also cook your dinner, walk your dog and act as a surrogate sexual partner if your Human one has a headache.

I also hear it can also create limitless free energy, bring riches and turn the cellular ageing clock back to that of an 18 year old...a literal fountain of youth!

It's a miracle i tell ya!

Buy buy buy.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sub-psychedelic doses of psychedelics alsi enhance cognition, due to mild activation of 5HT2a receptors increasing memory and abstract thought instead of moderate to high activation causing hallucinogenic effects. It's unclear if it only happens in some people, moat or all. More studies into the 5HT2a receptors as well as studies of beta receptors, orexin receptors, and other studies. Chemistry has been around for thousands of years while highly dangerous genetic modification and purposely induced gene mutations has only recently emerged in the last 40 or 50 years. Chemistry can be perfected and could work, but genetics and gene mutations with toxins what the psychopathic elitists perfer. They're using gene mutating toxins and bone weakening fluoride and genetically modified organics and frankenwheat to kill us, and top it off with gangs and growing wealth gap, racism, mean therapists and gangs to finish it off. Then privileged people eating popcorn and watching like it's our fault and not theirs. Those baztards causing this genetic crisis and artificial poverty(the wall street people and mega corporations are hogging all the cash) must die instead of laughing all the way to the swiss bank account!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JKR404
reply to post by Xterrain

I am so tired of people that hold the belief that every drug known to mankind is a conspiracy to make you a "zombie" incapable of rational thought or independent decision making. I can argue that the drugs I choose to take on doctors' recommendation have advanced my thought process above and beyond those that live in the confines of paranoia and emotional fanaticism. It is one of the hardest lessons in life to realize that your very own emotions based on your chosen beliefs can deceive you and lead you astray far more effectively than any person professing the grandest of conspiracy theories. Thank you for your post. I have never posted my thoughts on ATS before. Reading the multitude of negative and misinformed replies motivated me to respond in an effort to balance this thread with facts. Those that KNOW what propranolol IS through personal experience KNOW what I am talking about. Be careful folks with your red hot emotions trying to convince us "zombies" we are stupid and suckers. It is truly disturbing that if I posted a topic in a new thread about how much I love the sight of oak trees under a full moon my post would be overwhelmed with responses that range from "I know what you mean! I love summer nights! And throw in some lightning bugs for true magic!" to "Oak trees are genetically modified organisms designed by reptilians to produce toxic pollen that causes rectal cancer". Isn't freedom of speech grand? And one more thing: I think all internet communications should have a mandatory photo I.D. so you can see who says what.

Yup. People often abandon their cognition and find a conspiracy in anything(even their own shadows). It's one thing to question everything and study and read cross referenced information. It's an entirely different thing to say "oh no. The sun was created by the powers that be to give us cancer". It's just the sun. It gives us Vitamin D and there is no evidence that can directly link sun exposure to skin cancer. Most "evidence" saying sun cause cancer is not peer reviewed and has non reproducible results. Why didn't any tribes get cancer?
Society: 404 common sense not found.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: timeloss1111
pharmacopia in one word.... I feel that TPTB are definitely seeing that we are calmed , complacent and willing to accept! ADD, ADHD, All these problems that we need those pills to fix!!! Calm as Hindu cows! A reference to the film "Fight Club"... great book and great flick...on par with "Network" for you old folks who mighta viewed that movie... a very on point Hollywood production to say the least!

The teachers and schools just don't want to have as much recess as they used to.
Excercise = more creativeness and focus.
Also, NSI-189 may be more effective for ADD and ADHD (super rare conditions) than the kool aid meds because NSI-189 grows neurons in people with neuron deficiency while kool aid meds kill more neurons. Prolintane is far safer for children and the elderly than kool aid meds, but safety isn't always what these Pham companies care for(often, they mostly just want to milk the cash cow instead of actually helping).

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reduction of anxiety or PTSD related to killing wont create a "killing machine"

people already exist naturally who simply don't give a damn or straight up "enjoy it"

Show me the drug that makes a normal person a psychopath that "likes it" and then i'll be scared.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Maybe I should stop being nervous about it and talk to my docta about propranolol.
I imagine a funny commercial coming.
*Do you suffer from PTSD, stress, performance anxiety, high blood pressure, or fear of public speaking? Do you hate being overly sad about past emotions? Do you want to focus more without too much nervousness? Do you want to appear calmer, relaxed, confident, and speak your mind? Do you want to tell others to leave you alone and defend yourself against physical attack without getting consumed by excessive fear?
Then propranolol may be right for you. Propranolol increases confidence, reduces fear or public speaking, allows you to be yourself without caring about the monotonous societal judgement, and makes you smarter.
Side effects may include being yourself, low blood pressure, rational thought, appearing calmer than you feel, and increased sensitivity. Side effects also include random insomnia, occasional fainting, a low tolerance for stupidity, and random vivid dreams. Delusions of grandeur and sleepiness, decreased sex drive, insomnia, government and therapists attempting to ban propranolol, and other.

Crap! Propranolol is too cool to be funny.
Here's an NZT joke instead.

youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A few things entered my mind when I read the OP.

One-
My mothers mentor at UCI, who she did work with and even did tests on me as a child in his lab. He did a lot of research on mind control and drugs. He worked for the CIA on MKUltra. He suggested using addictive drugs to manipulate the behavior of GI's (being able to coherce them into compliance through witholding drugs).
He did soem studies on Propanolol.Peripheral Versus Central Mechanisms Accounting for Antianxiety Effects of Propranolol.

Considering the effects of beta blockers such as this, it shows to lower all sorts of spontaneous emotional responses. I know I have used beta blockers when in equestrian competitions, to keep me from having an anxiety attack and puking everywhere.

As I considered this, an association popped into my mind.
A few years ago, we were hearing of "a friend of a friend" (yeah I know, not anything to bank on and I don't ask anyone take it that seriously) who was a FBI agent (if I remember correctly) and who our friend claimed was "losing it". Because he was collecting firearms at an astounding rate- his house was a virtual arsenal. He had a very complicated security system put in, and was becoming almost a hermit. He claimed that in a couple years, the US will face a sort of civil war. All hell was going to break loose. He said he knew this because he had access to top secret info.

I asked, "What does he say this will be about?" Apparently he claimed he would be racial conflict, an uprising of the black community in particular.

Now, at the time I put that aside in mind along with all the other conspiracy theory stuff I hear and read. Whatever.
But I think of it again, each time I hear about events in the US like we've had lately with more and more violent uprisings.

Somebody up there has been afraid of just this sort of thing coming up, and for a while! Feeding the people beta blockers en masse is probably an expected tactic, to try and calm everyone down and limit the violent reactions.....

ETA- This guy is probably a member here, now that I consider it...
edit on 30-4-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Natural Beta blockers are found in beef. My understanding of Beta blockers is they block the formation of Beta waves.

Not at all. They block beta-adrenergic receptors. Not beta waves.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Natural Beta blockers are found in beef. My understanding of Beta blockers is they block the formation of Beta waves.

Not at all. They block beta-adrenergic receptors. Not beta waves.

Beta blockers attach to the beta-adrenergec receptors so that acetyl-choline or nicotine or possibly other chemicals can't attach to fire them up. This dilates the arteries and reduces blood pressure while raising heart rate to make sure the circulation does not slow down. The end result is that a lessening of beta waves throughout the body is observed.

Most chemicals adjust the frequency and other electrical signals in the body. Organic chemistry is all about adjusting the energy in the body to a desired energy signature. We run on electricity which is moderated by chemicals and the energy is created by chemical reactions.

I spent a lot of time studying the connection between the chemical and electrical energy conversion, more than most doctors have spent on it. The information is out there and it is fairly well understood but moderating this is not really easy because we are constantly adjusting this with food choices.

They put me on Beta blockers for Tachychardia, but it raised my heart rate by about ten BPM. Now, they deem me allergic to beta blockers but I am not allergic, they just chose the wrong medicine for my condition.

You can use a ticking watch on your wrist to moderate heart rate.
edit on 30-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ANOK

The same way it is about keeping people poor and disenfranchised.

Poor people are not stupid people. It takes a lot of wit to be able to survive in a world with little or nothing. I know I was taught, and bought into the lie that, " all it takes is a lot of hard work and determination, to make it in this world".

I guess my idea of making it and theirs, turned in different directions along the way. I knew when I was young, green and sassy, that I was going to be rich, and maybe even famous. I was determined, and I wasn't afraid of hard work. It makes for could copy, but trust me, there is very little truth in it. If I am too honest, this thread will be completely derailed, since I am pretty much sure that I "could" have indeed been rich, if I had made a few different decisions in the past. There were options then. Options that disgusted me then, and absolutely turn my stomach today, when out of courtesy, I feel it prudent to even call them options. But that is indeed a different thread.

There is no true incentive in helping people be independent of poverty. Dynasties exist, because we have the haves, and the have nots. You can't have the mega rich without the poor. The real incentive is to keep an underclass living a lie that they will someday actually grab the brass ring, if they work long and hard enough. The rich depend on them believing this, otherwise they would have to clean their own houses and change their own baby's diapers.

They will send thousands of our children off to be killed in non-ending wars, before they allow our numbers to become too great to control. After all, they made the mistake of educating us. It was a carrot that started to back fire. Something had to be done. There where just too damn many of us starting to catch on.

Well, they are really good at what they do. They have had quite a few centuries to perfect their technique. They also breed and train their guard, so don't be too hard on those that you would think of as turncoats. And breeding and conditioning are a requirement, but this will lead me back to that area that will cause derailment, so I will stop here, with just adding that, it takes a certain kind of person to be at the biding of the king. It takes a lot strength, courage or anger to walk away sometimes, from the offers of dreams, wealth and chance. Not everyone can see beyond the here and now and for some, ass gleaming is an art form, but I am digressing.

We are not as in control of our lives as we think we are. In fact there is very little that we truly control, if anything at all. How strongly you fight this one single truth, will tell you just how strongly you are caught in the quicksand. Of, course you may drown in your struggle of denial before you ever realize it.

edit on 30-4-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Grammar corrections.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I too seem to have almost the opposite reaction to medications. My doctors get very upset with me, and to be honest, I am a bit sick and tired of having to prove the medications are having an opposite effect. They automatically assume that I either wasn't taking the medication correctly, or not taking it at all, by now they should know better.

That is one of the reasons that I take very few medications, and only if I have no other alternative.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Grow and raise your own food and move to a secure water source. This has be a public service announcement from LostinAmerica.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Beta blockers attach to the beta-adrenergec receptors so that acetyl-choline or nicotine or possibly other chemicals can't attach to fire them up. This dilates the arteries and reduces blood pressure while raising heart rate to make sure the circulation does not slow down.

You're right that they dilate the arteries and reduce blood pressure. They do NOT reduce heart rate, at all. In fact, they also block the beta adrenergic receptors in the heart, causing the heart to slow. You EXPECT the heart rate to slow with a beta blocker, it's what they do, it's why you give them.

The end result is that a lessening of beta waves throughout the body is observed.

Not at all. You don't have beta waves "throughout the body". There is a frequency range for brainwaves that are called "beta waves", but this has nothing to do with beta blockers. "Beta" isn't some sort of description, it's an ordinal based on the Greek alphabet, like saying "second" or "third". So if you're making a list of different things, medically, they're going to be alpha, beta, kappa, mu etc. This doesn't mean that all things with "beta" in them are related in some way. Just that they were the second in a list.

Most chemicals adjust the frequency and other electrical signals in the body.

No, they don't. "Frequency" is not an electrical signal. It's how often something occurs. Electrical signals can have a frequency, but you can't hand someone a frequency.

Organic chemistry is all about adjusting the energy in the body to a desired energy signature. We run on electricity which is moderated by chemicals and the energy is created by chemical reactions.

No, it's not. Organic chemistry is chemistry that has to deal with carbon compounds. Chemistry is based on electric field interactions, but not "electricity", and while your cells often have fluctuating potentials, they aren't running on it, it's a byproduct of something else.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

OOps, that is only me. It raises heart rate in people with hypovolemia. I don't make blood very well. That has been verified by at least three doctors and a person in charge of a blood donation site over the years. I have a hereditary tachychardia and most beta blockers actually raise the rate. I keep forgetting that what applies to me does not apply to most other people.

The food we eat turns into energy. Our body turns food into energy. I like breaking everything down to energy and energy balance, and adapt the bodies processes to that. Every living cell in our body vibrates. This energy keeps most bacteria and fungus from eating us while we are alive. When they quit vibrating we are either dead or frozen. Bacteria can not eat us if we are frozen either, they need some energy to run their bodies or they go into a protective state.

I just read something on science daily so I had to edit to show you this about proteins and movement being related to biological activity. www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 30-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

OOps, that is only me.

Do you have asthma or reactive airway disease? Some indiscriminate blockers can elevate heart rate (and cause an attack!) in some people.

The food we eat turns into energy. Our body turns food into energy. I like breaking everything down to energy and energy balance, and adapt the bodies processes to that.

The cells metabolize glucose, fatty acids and ketone bodies into ATP. The ATP is used to provide chemical energy for various reactions. There's no frequency to it, just phosphate groups.

Every living cell in our body vibrates. This energy keeps most bacteria and fungus from eating us while we are alive. When they quit vibrating we are either dead or frozen. Bacteria can not eat us if we are frozen either, they need some energy to run their bodies or they go into a protective state.

Gosh, not at all. Your cells don't vibrate. Bacteria and fungi are kept at bay by a very complex immune system, not vibration.

I just read something on science daily so I had to edit to show you this about proteins and movement being related to biological activity. www.sciencedaily.com...

Now, you get down to individual molecules, you have motion that's caused by thermal energy and Brownian motion. That doesn't translate up to the macro-level of a cell. That sort of motion is what your article is discussing.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I take Propranolol to treat high blood pressure and honestly, it didn't calm me, change my emotions or anything.

They gave it to me to bring down my heart rate but if i don't take it i found my heart rate is still down around 50 to 60 bpm.

My problem is that my heart rate stays around 50 to 60 bpm,
I can run, workout or do thing that would bring anyone elses heart rate to over 100 BPM but mine stays down and i become very tired very quick and have no energy left at all.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Grow and raise your own food and move to a secure water source. This has be a public service announcement from LostinAmerica.

This is the only way out....yet sadly people will put more energy into complaining about a situation rather than move to change or fix it...because it is all too hard

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join