It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by LastProphet527

There is no evidence that Zimmerman started anything. Making sure someone you've never seen before in your gated community isn't up to no good when there have been multiple burglaries, robberies, a shooting, and you yourself have caught someone in the middle of theft isn't starting something.

The media has made the kid out to be something he is not. Someone who is not capable of causing any trouble when it is just not true.

Man are you even serious? Even from the 911 transcript, you can clearly read and/or hear for yourself that Trayvon was not breaking into any one's home, he was not car jacking, he was not selling bud, he was not kicking some old lady's butt and stealing her purse. He was walking down the street. That was it. That is all Zimmerman reported him doing to the dispatcher...walking down the street, no doubt, looking like a "suspicious individual" because he was black, and walking at night. Trayvon's crime was walking while black. What a stretch it is to presume Trayvon had anything to do with the string of burglaries that had been going on in that complex.

Please feel free to correct me if I am in error, but is it not true that Trayvon was visiting his father and his father's lady friend, and that complex was not Trayvon's residence, as in, it was not where he would get mail and take the bus to school? So, if he was there visiting that evening, how could it be that he magically did all these crimes that had been ongoing for X amount of time, according to Zimmerman? The stunning irony is that all we hear about is juvenile antics with no rap sheet or convictions regarding Trayvon, but George Zimmerman actually had a criminal background, and documented anger issues.

Zimmerman also assaulted a person before, actually two, a cop and a woman. Daddy Zimmerman (you know, the former judge) got the assault against the officer dropped. Nevertheless, his record exists. Note the mugshot in the county oranges, where is Trayvon's county orange picture? Oh, that's right, he doesn't have one. Nothing concrete (ie: police record) puts Martin in the same category with that dude, even if he did smoke weed, and have an affinity for hoodie sweaters and scribing boneheaded things on his Twitter, those things do not make him a burglar, nor do they make him a dope dealer, nor do they make him a "suspicious individual." IMHO, Martin was racially profiled and executed by a dude with serious issues that had a feeling he could literally get away with murder because of who his daddy is. Heck, he got away with beating a cop's behind, thanks to daddy. I guess he upped the ante to making sure the "_______coon" didn't get away this time. Of course, daddy has his back, yet again...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

He clearly says, "F***ing Coons" sir. There is no stretch to hear it.

If he isn't saying that, then what do you insist he is saying?

edit on 1-4-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

He says "f-ing punks".

Maybe you should actually listen to the audio instead of reading the title of the video.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp
Man are you even serious? Even from the 911 transcript, ...

Dude ... seriously ... HOW DO YOU KNOW that any of what you just posted is 'fact'?? You missed the real FACTS .. those being that the press is telling you spin and even fabrications. We don't know what the real truth is. We have to wait for the police report.

George Zimmerman actually had a criminal background, and documented anger issues.

SUPPOSEDLY. Is it true? Considering what the press is doing .. fabrications and spin ... we know for sure it's true? (answer - NO we don't know) Hey .. here's one for ya' ... Martin SUPPOSEDLY was caught with stolen jewlery at school and he got in trouble at school and did drugs. See? We don't know what is true and what isn't. And for every anti-Zimmerman 'alleged fact' you can come up with, someone here can come up with an anti-Martin 'alleged fact' as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
An other example of the conditioning I am talking about this the "N" word. A racial slur word that white racists coined years ago. Now used routinely by blacks as a term of "endearment" supposedly. a word used in most hip hop tunes, along with other supposedly endearing terms such as bitches and hoes. we all know these 3 "terms of endearment" are almost totally exclusive to gangster rap "black music". Even though most rap music is bought by white people, white people have to sensor themselves when singing along, as the "N" word in particular is still a verbal grenade with will blow up on you, if your white, even if your only rapping along to a black man mouthing the same word.
So black "gangsta culture" gets a free pass and is allowed to be offensive to other black people and to women. at the end of the day the most damage rap music does is to black people, it reinforces stereotypes about black people and helps keeps black people at the same level in society.
yet how come out of all the black people who over many years have been involved in the entertainment business, how come over the last 20 years it has been gangster rap that has been purposely promoted to such a huge extent that it is the most listened to music world wide?
Well just for the record, black people who use the "N" word are not taking away its power, all they have actually done is reinforce its meaning. As the "N" word is now in more usage than ever before, it is now not associated as a white racial slur, from the southern states of the US. but as a black racial slur of self hate. It is only used in context along with words such as bitches and Ho's and guns, murder, drugs. These messages of the" thug life" could not have been purported any better if the KKK had engineered the whole gangster rap phenomenon.
Or perhaps they did.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think it's pretty interesting how NBC is now supposedly investigating the editorial decisions in this. Remember this company through it's Dateline program basically attached incendiary devises to fuel tanks of Ford Explorers to "report" on the dangers of side impacts about a decade ago.

Sometimes I wonder if Zimmerman is going to end up like that security guard in Atlanta in '06. Getting paid by the MSM for their "reporting".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

reply to post by HoppedUp

Did you know him well enough to know that he wasn't?

Wonder how he got the gold grill? His paper route?

Model citizen right?

First impression would make most people think so, looks like a duck talks like a duck...

I'm not in the business of judging people based on their looks. I like to go by their actions. Since I didn't know Trayvon personally, all I can do is go by the facts. The child did not have a criminal record, however, George Zimmerman does. Is "duck" a colloquial term for something else, like the numerous colorful criminal terms ascribed unto young black males who commit the heinous crime of wearing gold "grills" and hoodies?
Sure, I find the teeth...well, a style I wouldn't choose for myself, but how does that make him a criminal deserving of being shot?? Oh, and what is to say criminal activity paid for these dental devices? Again, show me Trayvon's criminal record, pictures or testimony of his huge profits from running dope and I'll gladly shut up.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

Originally posted by freedom12

Does this have bearing on Zimmerman's thinking as he follows Trayyvon?

You know I did my own research. I checked my own sources and came up with my own conclusions in this matter. I am not looking for external circumstances that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. Mr. Zimmerman followed and killed an innocent kid. The reason why we are following this story so closely is the possibilty of police corruption and cover-up. Pretty simple. While I do believe race is a factor in this story 'freedom 12' is right ... Does this have bearing on Zimmerman's thinking?

Thanks for posting this with it cleaned up. It is clear as crystal he said fing punks.

I was convinced he said goons, see how easy it is to misinterpret the original audio.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

all I can do is go by the facts.

Which we don't have.

The child did not have a criminal record, however, George Zimmerman does.

The 17 year old was caught with many pieces of stolen jewlery at school, and got in trouble at school, and was caught smoking dope at school. At least .. according to the press. That's as reliable as the press accounts that say George Zimmerman has a 'criminal record'.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

My friend, I'd hate to bother you but because of where I work, my hearing gets tested once a year.
So go ahead and start picking fights where they don't belong.

I don't need my hearing tested, it is excellent, and I have the paperwork to prove it.

I don't care what you think or what you heard, I didn't hear "coons".
Also, I am not saying I am right or wrong, either.
My opinion is clearly stated in previous posts.

Again, go ahead and try to badger my posts, by adding your nonsense.

You say tomatoe.
I say tomato.

By the way, your generalized slur towards all those who think it was "punks" is nice.
I'm a disillusioned moron? Really...so now we here at ATS are name calling?
Good to see you will sink low, have a non-debate, and just criticize anything you don't believe.
That's good, rational, critical thinking there bud.

You're a top notch member.
Maybe they'll promote you to number 1 troll.

edit on 2-4-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
....And for every anti-Zimmerman 'alleged fact' you can come up with, someone here can come up with an anti-Martin 'alleged fact' as well.

Yeah, and the "anti Martin alleged facts" usually circle around a picture of the child smiling like a goof with some golds in his mouth, and his Twitter handle. As if this is the A-Bomb of doom sealing the case that this boy deserved to get shot, because he has some gold in his mouth (a style popular among lots of kids of all races in Fla., Tx. and Ga.) and had a stupid little moniker on Twitter. Yeah...well be mad at the other millions of kids on Twitter with names that are suggestive and what some would deem inappropriate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Sometimes I wonder if Zimmerman is going to end up like that security guard in Atlanta in '06. Getting paid by the MSM for their "reporting".

- Richard Jewell. He saved lives and alerted authorities to a bomb in the park. His reward for doing so was to be dragged through the press and labeled 'guilty' by the mob carrying pitchforks and torches. Turns out he was just a regular guy ... a security guard doing his job.. and totally innocent. :shk:

- Duke LaCrosse players. All FALSELY accused of gang rape by a black woman who played up the race element. The press and the court of public opinion damned the white players even though the turned out to be totally innocent. The woman who lied and who caused all that racial strife in the USA because of it .. and who caused these INNOCENT fellas to go through hell .. never got charged with anything. :shk:

- Tawana Brawley. Lied about being beaten and about it being a racial incident. The press and the race baiters went to town on this. Turns out .. she lied.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why a supposed respectable media company would do something like this just boggles my mind. Are there no federal laws being violated? I can't believe the FCC would fine NBC a million dollars for Jackson's nip slip during the Super Bowl and let blatent manipulation of the news stand with no penalties.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The 17 year old was caught with many pieces of stolen jewlery at school, and got in trouble at school, and was caught smoking dope at school.

I'm about to look up your "facts" here and see what my intuition tells me. Even so, *if* Trayvon stole this jewelry, again I ask you, where is his conviction? Where is his mugshot? Lots of kids get in trouble at school. Lots of kids get caught smoking bud at school. I'm trying to figure out how this *if true*, warranted his death that night, since per the 911 transcript, Zimmerman (since his word and deed is gospel here) said clearly to the dispatcher, that Trayvon was just walking down the street, looking around, and "looking suspicious." Has LEO yet connected the "jewelry" that trayvon supposedly had in his backpack with the spree of burglaries that Zimmerman was pulling night ops to defend against? Please inform me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

....And for every anti-Zimmerman 'alleged fact' you can come up with, someone here can come up with an anti-Martin 'alleged fact' as well.

Yeah, and the "anti Martin alleged facts" usually circle around a picture of the child smiling like a goof with some golds in his mouth, and his Twitter handle.

Um ... no.

You have missed the point entirely. Everything in the news is suspect. Everything.
For every so-called 'fact' someone comes up with ...someone else can go just the opposite.
The fact is that NBC got caught with it's pants down fabricating the racial element to this.

You say Zimmerman has a cirminal record and you base that on unreliable media spin.
Others say Martin was a thief and a 'bad seed' 17 year old - based on unreliable media spin.

Some say Zimmerman did the attacking - based on unreliable media spin.
Others say Martin did the attacking - based on unreliable media spin.

Some say Zimmerman said racial things - based on unreliable media spin.
Others say Zimmerman tudored poor black kids for free - based on unreliable media spin.

Some say Zimmerman was told not to follow the 17 year old but did anyways.
Others say Zimmerman didn't follow but lost sight of him because Martin was stalking him.
- all based on unreliable media spin.

Conflicting reports of who was yelling at the scene .. Zimmerman or Martin.
It depends on which spin you want to look at. No one knows.

Get it yet?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The 17 year old was caught with many pieces of stolen jewlery at school, and got in trouble at school, and was caught smoking dope at school.

I'm about to look up your "facts" here and see what my intuition tells me.

OMG .. you just did EXACTLY what the press does ... what NBC just did.
You selectively edited what I said. You conveniently left off this part of what I said after that -

At least .. according to the press. That's as reliable as the press accounts that say George Zimmerman has a 'criminal record'

I did NOT say that it was a fact that he was a jewel thief. I said that is what the news is reporting. And that those reports are as reliable as the reports that George Zimmerman has a criminal record.

Seriously bud .... READ what is posted.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
To all the people hung up on weather Zimmerman used a racial term or the word punk. What exactly does it matter. I lived in Florida and i was shocked at how many younger white people, who would not call themselves racist, routinely used the N word. At least around other white people, they even call other white people N. This is how pervasive the black thug lifestyle is. Everyone these days wants to be a black thug. So this lets you understand that even whites saying racial slurs now have to be given a free pass in certain contexts. On top of this what real difference does it make if a racist shoots a person of a different color, and either says punk or the other word. Does it just mean he was smarter to use the term punk or does it mean he is not a racist because he didn't use a racial slur?
The reality is, I knew a very liberal white woman, an arty type, never used racial slurs, in fact the kind of woman who would march for black rights etc, and one day a black guy stole her handbag...and she almost blurted out the term "black b45tard"...now does that make her racist?
Or is it a case of, if the guy was fat she might have said "fat bastard". people actually almost always, jump to the most obvious description and use it as an insult against someone who has done them wrong, it does not make someone a racist.
The word racist means you want to see a group of people all deported or kept down because of their color.
i don't think most white people want blacks to be deported or made into slaves, as it was whites who also abolished slavery.
racial slurs are one thing, I don't like them and don't use them, but someone who may use racial slurs does not automatically mean they are a full blown racist willing to kill people etc. Also using a phone call that needs to be processed a dozen times and still is not clear either way is once again not answering the actual issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Why a supposed respectable media company would do something like this just boggles my mind.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? What is their agenda for doing such a thing. Why would they purposely stoke this as a racial issue? Why would they out and out lie to the American public like that? What oculd be their motive?

Was it just stupidity on their part, or is something bigger going on?? Gotta' wonder ....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You have missed the point entirely. Everything in the news is suspect. Everything.
For every so-called 'fact' someone comes up with ...someone else can go just the opposite.
The fact is that NBC got caught with it's pants down fabricating the racial element to this.

Sure, the selective editing doesn't help the network's credibility. I understand also, what you mean, that "we" don't have all the facts. I get that. I'm just lost to how this boy is somehow so bad and a probable criminal and blah blah blah, when there is nothing concrete to prove that. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Zimmerman however *does* have a criminal record. None of us were there that night when Martin was killed, so I totally get your point and respect your desire to be neutral. Whatever. What reeks to me, is the fact that the boy had no gun and Zimmerman did, and decided this kid was so great a threat that he had to shoot him to preserve his own life. I'm not buying that, and you can be mad all you want.
edit on 2-4-2012 by HoppedUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by FlyersFan

JUST IN !
Another ats poster Caught Selectively Editing for Zimmerman Murdering an Unarmed Infant!

‘DENY IGNORANCE… ‘DENY THE BAND WAGON’

edit on 2-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

Did you REALLY just say "infant"? That is the worst characterization to date on all of ats.
Not even the media, msm, dares to go that far.
Your credibility is lost!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm just lost to how this boy is somehow so bad and a probable criminal and blah blah blah, when there is nothing concrete to prove that. ... Zimmerman however *does* have a criminal record.

Martins 'record' is just as reliable as Zimmermans 'record'. Both records as reported by the press are suspect. There are reports that Martin was caught at school with a backpack full of stolen jewlery and a burglary tool. That he was suspended from school for dope. Those are 'on the record' as much as Zimmermans supposed 'criminal record'. (I don't know if being sent to anger management classes is considered a 'criminal record'. I really don't know for sure)

What reeks to me, is the fact that the boy had no gun and Zimmerman did, and decided this kid was so great a threat that he had to shoot him to preserve his own life. I'm not buying that,

Of course you are free to buy it or not. What 'reeks to me' (to use your words) is that people are forming opinions based on junk in the news that is unreliable and, in some cases, totally fabricated. It smacks of mob mentality.

and you can be mad all you want.

I'm not mad at anyone. I don't care enough to be mad.
I'm stuck at home (with just the dog and fish). It's just a discussion to pass the time.
edit on 4/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed typo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join