It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I don't really see why race even matters in this case. It doesn't even matter if Zimmerman was or wasn't a racist. All it matters is that a minor was shot and killed under extremely shady conditions.

edit on 2-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

You are exactly spot on!! Crimes like this happen every hour of everyday in cities all across our nation. All unreported and unmentioned in the national media circus. Except for this case at this time. The spotlight was placed on this case alone out of thousands of cases by our President and I am left stunned by his overt comment.

Really, they do. Point me to another case where someone killed a unarmed man and the police took the shooters word at face value and let him go without a solid investigation.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The only thing bad that Obama said was that "the local, state, and federal, state governments should look into it".

Everything else was actually normal human behavior. If you had kids you would imagine " What if that was my son?" You're looking far too into the comment, in the context of his speech it actually makes sense. Reading it alone doesn't.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sadly enough it took a 17 year old boy being killed to show this country where it is going and what the agenda is with this administration.

Quote; Never let a serious crisis go to waste......its an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before. As you know this is Rohm Emanuel's quote. Didn't I read where Rohm was working on Obama's reelection?? not sure, don't quote me on that.

Or that the Storm Front tendencies of some right winger here are finally coming into focus.

Obama didn't kill Martin, Zimmerman did.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Incase you miised this post: Just like I'd like to know where you got your "facts" about him having a screwdriver and stolen jewelery? O wait you must've gotten those facts from the tooth fairy, you clearly seem to not know how to listen to yourself, you remind me of a catholic priest. An those FACTS i posted where talked about in a news conference by police. Again your a "smart" one look it up I know you can find it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
Point me to another case where someone killed a unarmed man and the police took the shooters word at face value and let him go without a solid investigation.

Point me to proof that there isn't a solid investigation going on.
Considering that the investigation isn't over ... it would be hard to do .. wouldn't it?

What is interesting is that there is a segment of the population here .. (not directed at you Deranged74) ... who think you have to be on one side or the other in this matter. Either you are pro-Zimmerman or pro-Martin. Everyone should be pro-truth. And the truth can't be found in the press at this point. Even the police haven't finished their investigation so finding truth is going to be very hard.

'Truth' according to press reports -

Zimmerman is an idiot racist who was looking to kill someone.
Martin was a jewel thief and a 'bad seed'.

Zimmerman attacked Martin.
Martin attacked Zimmerman.

All that 'truth' is just spin for now. It may end up being true ... it may end up that Zimmerman was a cold blooded murdering racist .. it may end up being true that Martin was a jewel thief casing a neighborhood ... but right now those are just spin and speculation. We have to wait.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

This is a controversial topic.
Nonetheless, everyone MUST post respectfully and on topic.
Failure to do so will result in further post removals....possible temporary Post Bans and the thread's closure.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

link   

Originally posted by Deranged74

I don't really see why race even matters in this case. It doesn't even matter if Zimmerman was or wasn't a racist. All it matters is that a minor was shot and killed under extremely shady conditions.

You are exactly spot on!! Crimes like this happen every hour of everyday in cities all across our nation. All unreported and unmentioned in the national media circus. Except for this case at this time. The spotlight was placed on this case alone out of thousands of cases by our President and I am left stunned by his overt comment.

Really, they do. Point me to another case where someone killed a unarmed man and the police took the shooters word at face value and let him go without a solid investigation.

Lets wait for the grand jury to convene in this case in a couple of days. As for your other comment. Unarmed people get killed everyday. Even six year olds. Many of those cases go unsolved and the families of the victims never get justice or peace for the their loved ones.
Case in point
www.chicagotribune.com...
49 people were shot in one weekend!!!! 10 died.
Read the news much?

link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Just like I'd like to know where you got your "facts" about him having a screwdriver and stolen jewelery? O wait you must've gotten those facts from the tooth fairy,

I stated clearly that the press spun those 'facts'. That they may or may not be true.
Supposed reports from his school .. also that he got expelled for dope.
Just as the 'facts' about Zimmerman being a racist who beats women are press spun 'facts'.
We have no idea if they are true or not. I was VERY clear on this.

Stop trolling.

edit on 4/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: took out a word

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Since my post was removed for saying I starred your post (censorship)? Which really makes no sense, people mention they flag and star threads/posts all the time and never get their post removed.

I guess I'll say this. I agree you with you 100%. Killing and shooting someone is a crime, you have to prove you did it in self defense if there are multiple witnesses and insufficient bodily injury that go against your story. But without knowing who the aggressor was it is more difficult due to Flordia's laws.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp

Originally posted by FlyersFan
....And for every anti-Zimmerman 'alleged fact' you can come up with, someone here can come up with an anti-Martin 'alleged fact' as well.

Yeah, and the "anti Martin alleged facts" usually circle around a picture of the child smiling like a goof with some golds in his mouth, and his Twitter handle. As if this is the A-Bomb of doom sealing the case that this boy deserved to get shot, because he has some gold in his mouth (a style popular among lots of kids of all races in Fla., Tx. and Ga.) and had a stupid little moniker on Twitter. Yeah...well be mad at the other millions of kids on Twitter with names that are suggestive and what some would deem inappropriate.

nahhhh, what has got me was him getting caught with a screwdriver and a bunch of womens jewelry that wasn't his.
But maybe he used the cash he bought his gold grill with???
dude, I have not one theiving bone in my adult body.
I hate thieves...why? Because as a young man I was one!
I know how they think. I burgled houses.
I was scum.
Too bad that this kid never had the chance to change his ways as I did.
I was lucky nobody shhot me or beat me silly or I ended up in prison because I deserved it at the time.
I know human nature.
I shot pool for a living and later played poker for a living where I learned to read people very very well using limited info to tell a bigger story.
The young man thought he was bullet proof.
He wasn't.
Sad but he wasn't.
If he was innocent that night it is even sadder.
Did you know that rainy and windy nights are when thieves like to do their dirty deeds because noises don't carry and there are alot of other distracting noises that abound?
I used to play off the bad things that happened to me later after I began to change and put my failures in the past as deserving for those things I got away with because I deserved it for other reasons.
I will give you a good example.
My sister who was 16 worked at a movie theater.
Mike Tyson used to hit on her ALOT trying to get her to party with him.
She shunned him so no harm, no foul.
But Tyson was a known womanizer who used force on women.
When he got set up for rape, HE WAS SET UP WITHOUT A DOUBT, it was ironic in the fact that he was set up but easily could have gone to prison for dozens if not hundrereds of rapes that was covered up by his people.
If he was squeaky clean like a Hollyfield it wouldn't have happened at all most likely.
If you do not want to get burned, do not play with fire.

I'll give you another example.
What are the odds you want to employ in a neighborhood where children play when you want to speed in your car to the point of limited reaction where you could kill a child?
1%? .1%?, .01%, .001%?
I have chosen 0%. I simply try not to put myself in that category of chance. Not even a 1 in 100,000 chance for me to be in that predicament.
I never try to let my mind wander to avoid the chance.
I honestly try to eliminate the possibility.
A young man sometimes has to learn from his mistakes to draw these conclusions when you adjust from childhood to adulthood when you begin to learn that mom and dad will not always be there to bail you out as you mature into adulthood and accountability.
Yes, this young man was responsible for his decisions and he paid for his bad choices in this case with his life.
Sad, sad, sad it is fer sure!
But that's the way it is in real life.
Too bad he never got to learn from his mistakes in his young adult life and was able to mature past them.
I myself am lucky and grateful I got the chance and I took advantage of it as I can now look back.
But in retrospect I deserved to be shot in someones house or even outside and/or being sent to prison.
This young man wasn't as lucky!

edit: one of my favorite quotes
"Chance favors the prepared mind"
edit on 2-4-2012 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I would like to know why the spot light was focused specifically on the case as well, let's be honest if it was white on white crime, or black on black we wouldn't be discussing it, as has been pointed out, Chicago has shooting deaths almost everyday.

I did try to look into how this case became a media darling.

Who started it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To anyone trying to use Trayvon reciting rap lyrics on his Twitter account, smoking pot, having a grill, and being a "thug". If everyone in this video were shot and killed it would be justifiable? I mean the white girl has a grill and is reciting rap lyrics, like Trayvon. Maybe she has it coming to her. Just like girls that wear short skirts are asking to be raped as well right?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I don't really see why race even matters in this case. It doesn't even matter if Zimmerman was or wasn't a racist. All that matters is that a minor was shot and killed under extremely shady conditions. And since evidence was provided that went against Zimmermans claims, there should have been an arrest, and a trial held.

Exactly.
I can care less if this was about race or not.

I'm more disturbed over the fact that Zimmerman, despite the police department wanting him to be charged with manslaughter, was yet again cleared without even a trial or investigation...and it just so happens his relative was a supreme court judge.

Does not anyone else find this fact alarming?

He also in 2005 was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer" ... which he was also cleared of.

Who in the hell gets cleared of battery of law enforcement officer!!? I'll tell ya who. Someone with a supreme court judge as a relative.

This alone makes me suspicious of everything I hear come out of his mouth.
edit on 2-4-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

To anyone trying to use Trayvon reciting rap lyrics on his Twitter account, smoking pot, having a grill, and being a "thug". If everyone in this video were shot and killed it would be justifiable? I mean the white girl has a grill and is reciting rap lyrics, like Trayvon. Maybe she has it coming to her. Just like girls that wear short skirts are asking to be raped as well right?

Yes, Treyvon was a nefarious criminal thug who listened to hip hops. Clearly the music
you listen too makes you evil, plus he had a hood on, Zimmerman is lucky Treyvon
didn't eat him with a fork.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

It's still under investigation and he'll go before a grand jury, so he's not free and clear yet. If they find there's enough evidence to indict him, they'll arrest and charge him and he'll get a trial.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Trayvon:

There you have a young African American kid on his way to the store to get some candy and risking going at night. He was a bright and promising young man who was the victim of a white supremest just itching to take a black down, any black.
or.....
There you have a thug at best, a prowling thief and drug dealing black. And if anyone got in the way, they was getting f'ed up and 'taught/owned'
Zimmerman

Zimmerman was a community volunteer, tired of the crime and drugs propagating his community, and was willing to help guard against such activity, a crime watch member.
or.....
Zimmernan was a white supremest itching to get to the bottom of the thefts and crime in his community. He knew that it was the thug blacks at the bottom of it all and he was going to take them down, they would pay.

NONE of the above was or is truth. The truth is somewhere between both extremes.
Yet the public has it all scripted out, all figured out, frame by frame. The Panthers fanning hostilities, the Whites painting Trayvon as a thug, just waiting for opportunity.

Sharpton and Jackson determined to incite violence within the black community, and demanding their own justice, already tried and guilty. Only blood and more blood will satisfy their hunger for revenge and violence.
The police are under pressure from NAACP representatives to act and arrest Zimmerman, as he is already pronounced guilty, and must pay, and a lot more must pay. Will the police bow to pressure? The groups that protect community must be torn down, in that way no more blacks will be harmed or face scrutiny. Prowling can then be termed as simply 'out for some fresh air'. Blacks are not the sole criminal group, no, groups are as varied as the birds in the sky. All human, all capable of good or bad, plausible deniability if your questioned about your unusual activity.

Spin...... the agenda of the polititions in their quest to manipulate the scenario. Race has always worked, as has religion. Race demographics has been a powerful tool in political circles, and those who have the power to utilize it to benefit themselves. It doesn't matter who is harmed or disenfranchised, it only matter their success at the polls, their continued power.
It just depends on if you will be enticed, frenzied and swayed into action. Mob mentality is a powerful force, and a very usable force. Between the good Spin and the bad Spin..... will you listen and let them do the thinking for you? Or will you learn the facts and study them without an 'us and them' mentality?

The world is full and ripe for division, will you fall for the 'Spin' ? or more likely decide that it is none of your business to be concerned over? Will the good and the bad be convoluted into the tools of evil.... defining the tools evil will use to overcome any opposition. It's been happening for decades, in plain sight, evil has just as much right to exist as good does...oh yea!.... in a separation of church and state. No God, no 10 commandments to get in the way of hedonism. After all, all concepts should have their ideas allowed if everything is 'fair' and an even playing field. Are you going to buy into hate, or are you going to look for truth and examine what actually happened. Lies and things that are hidden have a way of surfacing and exposing schemes. The truth usually prevails, but not always. Do you want justice, or revenge? Revenge is widely practiced in the middle east you know, does it sound palatable to you.... or something you wish to be the norm? if so, then draw lines and take sides, and join the frenzy. Hate is like fire, it consumes everything in it's path, it's not discriminating, it consumes young and old, good and bad, whatever is in it's way, collateral damage has no bearing. But even in wildfires and nature, there will be islands that survive, left to start anew and it will be then that the beginnings define themselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I would like to know why the spot light was focused specifically on the case as well, let's be honest if it was white on white crime, or black on black we wouldn't be discussing it, as has been pointed out, Chicago has shooting deaths almost everyday.

I did try to look into how this case became a media darling.

Who started it?

I was not interested until I saw the way people were applauding the death here on
ATS, such as "good", "he deserved it", "that's what criminals get".

I think a portion of America is truly sick and it goes far beyond racism

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join