It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
.... the spin and hype in the media. As this thread clearly shows, you can NOT believe what is in the media. They are rewriting this case to fit their own agendas.

You could not be more right about this. And as always their agenda is ratings. While doing some more research on this story I came across an interesting sidenote on a Mediaite posting.

What the investigation is unlikely to reveal, however, is the increasingly evident appearance of an institutional proclivity to try George Zimmerman in the court of public opinion. MSNBC’s, and to a lesser extent, NBC’s viewers have responded positively to the editorial voice on the analysis of the Zimmerman case their ratings have jumped as a result of so/me (sic) of the host’s rather sensationalist coverage. That does not make it decent or right.

mediaite.com

The fact that MSNBC posted the same spin as text on their website is proof that the media does not care about the facts of what happened, they only care about manipulating emotions for ratings and clicks. I always find it curious that the same people that claim to know the media manipulates are willing to trust them when they become emotionally involved with a story.

Thanks for posting this thread FlyersFan, I probably would not have seen this otherwise.

OiO

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for helping expose this bogus sham

And the media is so blatantly doing this disservice out in the open. Fabricating news and manipulating it like Anderson Cooper recently being caught in the act. I have known this for so long, makes you wonder what else they have fabricated? Hello BBC 9-11

Anderson Cooper Busted! Staged Fake CNN News

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Divide & Conquer, It has worked for millenia. Divide the blacks, white, & hispanics. Get them all at each others throats. A couple more episodes of violence, anywhere. And you have the makings of "martial law" on the streets of America. Along with some "new" gun controll laws.

The fires of racism stoked by the MSM. We are all being played like a really cheap fiddle. And the tune really really sucks. Remeber, folks violence begets violence.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The whole nation is being manipulated once again in the giant US vs. Them Scheme perpetrated by our President and his handlers. All helped along by the likes of NBC and others. They are all reading the same play book.

It's fundamental Alinsky 101. Breitbart has an excellent article on the topic and its all falling into place one "unwasted crisis" at a time. Actually one CONTRIVED unwasted crisis at a time.

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.” The death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy--as was the death of a 6-year-old girl named Aliyah Shell (photo above), caught in the crossfire of gang violence over St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Chicago.

But Aliyah's story received very little coverage, despite the event being more recent than the Martin tragedy, and despite the fact that it happened in President Barack Obama’s very own Chicago on a weekend when 49 people were shot and 10 others were killed.

No mention of Aliyah from the president. No public outpouring for a young mother who sat untangling her daughter’s hair as shots rang out. Nothing. And yet...

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

Why? Why would the president weigh in on this specific case at this specific time?

“The despair is there; now it’s up to us to go in and rub raw the sores of discontent, galvanize them for radical social change.”- Saul Alinsky

An interesting quote to consider, from the man who shaped the minds of those who shaped President Obama.

Now consider Obama’s former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel’s notorious statement: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”

The war to divide the nation

The meaning is the same. It is calculating and it is dangerous, part of a bigger picture--a multi-faceted war to divide America for the sole purpose of securing Obama's re-election and subsequent radical social change.

Look at the contrived conflicts on the left wing's political chessboard:

Move 1 Occupy Wall Street: the (self-appointed) 99% versus the 1%

Move 2 Contraceptive/abortifacient mandates: government versus religion

Move 3 Sandra Fluke: women versus conservatives (supposedly)

And now…

Move 4 Trayvon Martin: black versus "white" (so-called)

“Once you organize people, they’ll keep advancing from issue to issue toward the ultimate objective: people power. We’ll not only give them a cause, we’ll make life goddamn exciting for them again — life instead of existence. We’ll turn them on...” – Saul Alinsky

www.breitbart.com...

So, what's next? or as the article suggests, "Who's Next?" Who or what cause will be the pawn of the day. In my opinion this will all shift back OWS in May in order to pour salt in an already festering wound. Anyone see the constant barrage of contrived conflicts? Just look at ATS and the dominance of the Trayvon shooting.

The wedge gets hammered deeper to the point where members change their avatars and point blame before there as even been a grand jury hearing. Mission Accomplished.

One distraction after another to dominate the headlines and take the attention off of a failed president with a dangerous policy guided by an even more dangerous ideology. Just read the Alinsky quotes and then examine our nation right now. Don't forget that Obama cut his teeth on the Alinsky ideology in the midst of Chicagoland.

edit on 2-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Doesn't it seem like they WANT a racial problem to erupt in this country? Seriously.

Whether they want it or not, it looks like they are going to have it. There was a huge protest in my state yesterday. The signs they carried said "No Peace until there is Justice".

I hate it when blacks and white fight.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Sorry bud but this has already been analyzed he starts that word with a c sound, and it apparently was "coons". So sorry but if you hear "punks" you should get your hearing checked out, because hearing a p sound where you should hear a c sound is very alarming, like you may be going deaf. Get it checked out I'm worried about your hearing.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Also for anyone saying they hear fing punks on the call instead of fing coons needs to get a hearing test asap, I'm very worried for all of you because you may be going deaf. Hearing a p sound where a c sound is clearly being used is very alarming. But you know just like the MSM just make your own report and substitute coons for punks and keep rolling with that, your no better then the media we're talking about. Also the recording freedom12 put on page 1 is spot on, racial slur no doubt. Anyone thinks he doesn't say coons is a disillusioned moron, clearly he does.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Does this have bearing on Zimmerman's thinking as he follows Trayyvon?

Sounds like either "#ing poots" MUCH more than #ing coons". Listen again carefully and admit it if you're wrong. I would never translate "poots" into "coon" not only because you've got to give the benefit of the doubt but also because is an even closer word: "boots". Therefore I'm left with zero reason to call racism as far as I'm concerned.
edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

He clearly says, "#ing Coons" sir. There is no stretch to hear it.

If he isn't saying that, then what do you insist he is saying?

edit on 1-4-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

Sounds like he said "Goons" it is far more often used in today's society the the word "Coon" or "coonin" ever see the movie Bamboozled? Anyway the term is not oftenly used as opposed to goon. Especially among minoritiesan" "like zimmerm the word good in pop culture especially out east and in the south.

A thug hired to intimidate or harm opponents. A stupid or oafish person. Read more: www.answers.com...

example

dragonridr explained this in another thread the true meaning behind "coon"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now if he dropped the 'n-word' bomb then I would be more inclined to think so as there are not many words that sound like it. Butit sounds like the MSM has made you to think otherwise. Dont let all that white guilt consume you and turn your brains to paste.You are hearing what you were told/ want to hear.

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You know I did my own research. I checked my own sources and came up with my own conclusions in this matter. I am not looking for external circumstances that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. Mr. Zimmerman followed and killed an innocent kid. The reason why we are following this story so closely is the possibilty of police corruption and cover-up. Pretty simple. While I do believe race is a factor in this story 'freedom 12' is right ... Does this have bearing on Zimmerman's thinking?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

What the hell is a "goon" ? Is that a west coast thing? Cause I never heard a kid on the east cost say 'goon' Could it be a southern slang?

I asked on another forum where I have access to thousands of people and 'goon' seems to be an "old" slang term for gang member or some such. According to the young ones I work with it's not widely used even in their circles.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Divide & Conquer, It has worked for millenia. Divide the blacks, white, & hispanics. Get them all at each others throats. A couple more episodes of violence, anywhere. And you have the makings of "martial law" on the streets of America. Along with some "new" gun controll laws.

The fires of racism stoked by the MSM. We are all being played like a really cheap fiddle. And the tune really really sucks. Remeber, folks violence begets violence.

EXACTLY!

After all these demonstrations and protests I knew this was coming. Turn the Blacks against the Hispanics, turn them against the Whites and create dissent. It works every time, the sheep fall for it hook line and sinker.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

What the hell is a "goon" ? Is that a west coast thing? Cause I never heard a kid on the east cost say 'goon' Could it be a southern slang?

I asked on another forum where I have access to thousands of people and 'goon' seems to be an "old" slang term for gang member or some such. According to the young ones I work with it's not widely used even in their circles.

You must not get out much, if rappers are using the word often the term must not be that old. I have heard it used among thugs mostly. But dont take my word for it.
what is being said in urban dictionary

www.urbandictionary.com...

1. goon a real man or nigga originated in flordia "told her i was a goon and she went for it" -plies(shawty)

Wow, you guys have no clue. "Goon" is gang terminology for a low level gang member (fyi, gangs have a hierarchy). These low level gang members are usually the street drug runners who work for a boss that is much less visible than them. For this reason certain things are implied in a goon's responsibilities : the goon's are more visible so they "take the fall" for their bosses if some transactions were discovered by police - the goon would take the arrest and never snitch on his boss. The boss (usually much older ) would usually bail the goon out of prison if he should be caught on a job. The boss keeps himself as far away from the "prosecutable action" as possible (see young joc's ref to this when he says "keep my hands clean cause I never touch dope" ). For this purpose of taking the fall, goons are usually preferred to be younger and are often under 18 (to avoid having to be charged/serve time as an adult if caught). Another purpose other than deals is carrying out hits - the goon will never admit who he works for - this helps so that if he is suspected for a murder, it's hard to prove because there is no motive. In a gang organization (fyi gangs are organizations for organized crime just like the mophia, they just don't get that same dark honor for... some reason). This is what is being referred to in Plies's song when he says "born a real nigga, but I'mma die a goon". And by lil wayne in "A mille" when he says, "I go by them goon rules: if you can't beat'm then you drop'm". FYI Plies, lil wayne, bird man, and gucci man are all Bloods (see lil wayne's verse in shory lo's "they know" remix when he says, "Su-Wu gang, and if you aint wit it then you in the food chain.." (su-wu is a term for blood gang members). I'm a real goon - I'll die for my boss and die before I snitch.

Treyvon was probably a runner and attacked the neighborhood watch because he was keepin it "gully"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by OneisOne

It's a stretch to imagine he said "coons."
Sorry freedom12, I'm not picking on you.

Who uses the word "coon" these days anyways?
Wasn't it dropped from our language in the 1970's?

Uh, have you ever ventured upon a little toilet of the internets...called Storm Front? They seem quite fond of that word over there, and a plethora of other colorful terms to describe people they hate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Treyvon was probably a runner and attacked the neighborhood watch because he was keepin it "gully"

Wow. Hey, can I ask you a few serious questions? Did you know Trayvon personally to know that he ran dope, kept it "gully", and engaged in other unsavory activities? Did you witness any of this with your own eyes? Do you have access to a police report where you read about Martin's conviction for being a "runner"? If you have access to those files, do you care to share with the class? If not, then why are you going there? What purpose does that kind of conjecture serve?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The real issue here is this. lets for argument sake say this is a racial murder, lets say the cops didn't arrest this guy and are all racists, because they didn't even arrest him. As this is really what the media is trying to implant on us all. Now it may well be true, after all the U.S. prisons are disproportionally filled with more blacks than any other "race". So either we have a huge racist system designed to imprison and undermine black people or the more difficult pill to swallow for liberal whites and blacks is that blacks are pre determined to get into trouble.
this automatically means you are either of one point of view and are an extreme liberal, or you go with the other view and are labeled as KKK member. Both these extreme view points are used to undermine the actual truth of whats really going on and this is what the media does, they use polar opposite views to discredit reality and to label people as a communist or a nazi but never to let the full story actually be heard, as with this current news story, for instance.
Now how about if both realities are basically true.
First off the history of slavery and civil rights abuses towards black people in the states, is an issue which is continually reinforced over and over again in the media and in schools. To some people this is important and we must educate people to history, which is true, but as well as educating people to history this also is bound to stir the pot. If I were black i would be full of resentment towards white society in general. never mind that it was Africans who actually started slaving their own people to begin with, and still do so today with child soldiers etc etc etc, but according to the media and schools its totally white peoples crime on humanity and also never mind that white people also made slaves of their own white people too, it was not just blacks they sent to the plantations but also Irish for instance. We don't hear about this ever though.
So the system, including the media and education system has a black white paradigm set up from the beginning. Playing black people as perpetual victims and whites as perpetual masters. All you have to do is look at the TV, all you ever see or hear from Africa, is war and famine and corruption on an epidemic scale. This is how the media portray all of Africa all the time, the same media convince liberal whites to continue paying guilt money to charities, to feed Africans who supposedly are incapable of feeding themselves. In other words the media is absolutely racist as it portrays blacks as incapable of looking after themselves and Africa is portrayed as the basket case of the world. And what message do you think this really implants on people, white and black?
This is a message that is bound to generate apathy amongst blacks, and helplessness, a message designed to convince black people that they cant escape poverty and violence.
the same media seem only to want to promote black "artists" who only rap about guns, bitches, drugs and money. This "thug" lifestyle, is so persistent in pop culture that most people believe this is how black people all are, and because most people think this, they are labelled as racist. Funny that, as its the same media who continually churn out racist images of thuggish blacks, then turns around and calls whites for stereotyping them.
You might say, well white people should know better because they should know black people in real life...Well as you know, white and black America are still isolated from each other. Most white Americans would be scared to death of walking through the hood, because they have been conditioned to fear b;lacks by the same media who condemns whites for being "racist". But its not only whites who are suckered in by the medias portrayal of blacks, black people are suckered in even more to their own detriment. Its one thing to be brought up in a ghetto and dress and act like a thug but even well educated blacks turn to the same glamorized lifestyle take Ice Cube for an example, he was actually from a middle class background. Yet his message to other black and society in general has been one of guns, bitches and money.
So even the well educated blacks are conned into being their own worst enemy. And now we have a Hispanic with a Jewish name, labelled as "white" by the media. who supposedly committed a white on black murder...Divide and concur. and the same media released the Rodney King tape, when plenty of white guys get the crap beat of of them by cops too... they knew it would ignite the powered keg of black anger. Which helped once again, reinforce white peoples view of blacks as violent and uncontrollable. And Spike Lee almost helped do the same thing by tweeting the address of Zimmerman, regardless that it was the wrong address, someone could have been killed and a full scale riot could have broke out ..which would have resulted once again in the perception that black people are dangerous and uncivilized.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

To me it sounds like "#ing punk"
I tried to hear coon, but i heard punk.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

Did you know him well enough to know that he wasn't?

Wonder how he got the gold grill? His paper route?

Model citizen right?

First impression would make most people think so, looks like a duck talks like a duck...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp
What purpose does that kind of conjecture serve?

There is a whole lotta' conjecture and jumping to conclusions going on with this story. And as we can all see by the opening post, the media is spinning and hyping (and even fabricating so-called evidence) and THAT is what people are basing opinions on. We simply don't know what is true and what is not.

I think Zimmerman should sue the pants off NBC for this. (and Spike Lee and The New Black Panthers both.. for trying to put his life in danger). If Martins parents come across groups trying to make their son into something he's not .. they should sue them as well. And the whole dang country should stand up and stop listening to the rhetoric and fabrications and somehow (I don't know how) DEMAND truth from the media.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

thank you so much for posting this. Up until I took the time to listen I actually believed he said coon.
But it is clear as day that he said punk.

Thank you for posting it multiple times as it took that for me to finally listen to it.
Sad huh? How the press and others prtrayed itas a racist statement painting zimmerman as a racist when in fact, it is not a fact.
btw, have you apologized to the community for your race baiting yet?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join