It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Bennewitz case re-opened: X Descending (a mini book review)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I'd like to see the picture of the alien bust and wonder if it's the same as this one?

This was being pushed by Bob Dean and Bob Collins in the early-mid 1990s. Both are notorious BS merchants and you probably know Collins was directly associated with Doty in Bill Moore's Aviary.

Four pretty big BS-sellers. Between them, they've sold the stories of Philadelphia Experiment (hoax), alien photos and video (hoax), misidentified NASA imagery (hoax), Zeta Reticulans and alien (EBEs) captives in Area 51. The latter might as well be classed as hoax too given the provenance of the claimants.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
CardDown wrote:

Robert, I read your articles from the time. It seems that Bill Moore's performance at the 1989 MUFON symposium was a response to charges by you (and CAUS). So, what's your feeling now, was Moore ever a "UFO double agent"? My feeling is he wanted to be a UFO superstar, wanted results and was not so particular in the methods used to produce them.

RH says: Yes, there is no question that Moore’s forced confession was a direct consequence of my well-documented investigation of him and Doty, and my subsequent widely-circulated exposé—later published by the MUFON UFO Journal—as well as research done by Barry Greenwood of CAUS and the late Bob Todd. Moore felt us breathing down his neck and basically got out of the game before things got worse. In any case, I basically agree with your last sentence.

My comprehensive summary of the whole situation, written in 2009, is at:

www.theufochronicles.com...

Now, this is one of my longer articles and, frankly, given the far too-prevalent blogger mentality—tell me the truth in three paragraphs or I will lose interest—only a few persons reading this will ever have an accurate, in-depth understanding of the Bennewitz affair, OSI’s recruiting of Bill Moore, the duping of Linda Moulton Howe, the latest disinfo scheme perpetrated by Doty (Serpo) and related subjects.

Not my problem…

I stopped blogging on a regular basis some time ago because I am now in my 60s and hear the clock ticking. I feel that I should spend my time more productively. While my 2008 appearance on Larry King and my 2010 CNN-streamed press conference in Washington D.C. had some modest impact toward raising public awareness about the UFO reality, there is so much more to do. I am currently involved in two documentary film projects, the completion of the second edition of my book, and ongoing research on the UFO-Nukes Connection.

In short, I won’t be posting here much longer, or anywhere else, unless I feel a strong need to, for one reason or another.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Robert Hastings because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Imtor, given what you've written, I don't think I can help you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Freelance_Zenarchist, please take up your questions and concerns with Dr. Trang directly. I provided the link to his book review of Mirage Men on Amazon. Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Kandinsky, as you may recall, you and I have communicated privately in the past. I still consider you to be one of the most intelligent, astute minds posting on ATS. Unless you are in your 60s too, keep up the good work.

Smiley face here...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
SPREAD THE WORD:

I've just learned that Chris Lambright will be interviewed by George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM on June 17th.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
same as this one?

Can anyone tell me what the heck I should be looking at? If this silhouette on the left is supposed to be alien, I beg to differ in such crappy pictures (damn that's like the worst quality I've ever seen) - and if it's just a guy who sat/pressed accidently on the button of his digital cam without realizing why is it on the site?

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Between them, they've sold the stories of Philadelphia Experiment (hoax)

There is no real evidence or proof that the Philadelphia Experiment is a hoax. Furthermore, if you watch this long video, you will see there is actually some things that support the existence of this experiment. It was in the middle of the video somewhere, I don;t have time to see the exact minute speaking of it. I would say: No certain proof it exists but don't be so sure about its non-existence.

It goes like the MJ-12, something controversial but definitely cannot say for sure it is not. Though MJ-12 is even less certain to exist if we have to compare them.

Originally posted by Robert Hastings
Imtor, given what you've written, I don't think I can help you.

You don't understand it or you don't know? That's fine if you don't know, I thought you did.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So, Imtor, you will spend time squinting at alleged photos of alien bases but won't take the time to read my linked-article about Doty, Moore et al. As I said, I can be of no assistance to you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

There is no real evidence or proof that the Philadelphia Experiment is a hoax.

Try and read this article - Jacques Vallee - Anatomy of a Hoax (Philadelphia Experiment)

reply to post by Robert Hastings

Thank you for the kind words.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kandinsky, I hadn't seen the Vallee article before, it is worthy of repeated study.
Closely related to hoaxes are rumors. Some of them grow and are repeated and while false may have intelligent and credible people spread them, infusing them with an air of respectability. Once a rumor is given a veneer of respectability, they never seem to die.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh, this stuff is just as much of a hairball as I remember when I originally tried to parse it out ten years ago! I recall ditching the whole aliens and humans in cahoots stories as being way off the believably scale, but the photographic evidence remains intriguing. Maybe I'll take another run at it, now that some of the dust has settled.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ok, lot's of controversy about the experiment, still some others support its existence, no one can say for sure. Oh, I have such an eagle eye, one random click at the video and where I want it to be:

Possibly supporting the Philadelphia experiment's occurence - maybe yes maybe not, I do not see anywhere stating that this letter is fake until proven else. There is some story behind it all that no one can say that is false for sure..
edit on 22-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That's quite possible. That one is a prop from a movie called Intruders.
I wonder if it could be this one? The Serpo website claims it's a photo of EBE-1.
It looks like a bust, you can see where the arm ends on the left.
Do you know the source of this photo?

edit on 22-5-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by CardDown

It's true that Dr. Bennewitz was investigating Manzano UFOs, Christian P. Lambright is an amazing source and is filling in pieces of the puzzle. Dr. Bennewitz met Gabe Valdez in July of 1979 as mentioned in the interview, and that is where the connection to Dulce started. It was at the cattle mutilation conference chaired by Senator Harrison Schmitt. During an interview in 1984 Paul revealed how he found the Dulce base, and it wasn't from Myrna Hansen or his electronics equipment in his lab pointed at Manzano but it was his electronics expertise. A rancher in Dulce named Manuel S. Gomez was working with Senator Schmitt in finding a resolution to the mysterious problem going on, so when Dr. Bennewitz became acquainted with them he was shown there investigations and taken to the area. When they went up in the mountains by Dulce they saw a large object like a satellite which Paul said was a surveillance vehicle so he knew something was there. Paul setup a special monitoring station in the area and learned that UFOs were all over. Eventually Paul learned how to pick up signals and transfer them into transmissions on a video screen which communicated with the alien video screens. Gabe Valdez witnessed an alien on the screen and said it looked like a reptilian. Paul's descriptions of aliens do in fact reflect tall reptilian/insectiods along with short and tall greys as the Thomas Castello myth. The reason why then head of security at Manzano Lt. Colonel Earnest Edwards got upset when the White House lied to him about following up on the report is because he had some kind of close encounter experience with Paul and most likely saw the video screen. Very interesting that Christian Lambright said Paul was upset after meeting with John Lear, maybe those Dulce paper drawings are really from Myrna Hansen.

Greg Bishop and Bill Moore seem to have convinced Christopher O'Brien of the Richard Doty tales which are contradictory. Bill Moore is a self-proclaimed disinformation agent and Richard was a government counter intelligence agent. Sergeant Clifford Stone and Lieutenant Colonel Wendelle Stevens tell a different story that is confirmed by Paul's son Jeff.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GVALDEZ

I am Gabe's son and I was with him at Paul's house when we saw the images on the computer screen. We viewed several images that for lack of a better term seemed like "alien" images. They were not images like common depictions of aliens with the large bald heads and eyes. They were images that looked more like a cross between a reptile and a bird. Keep in mind that this was in the 80's and computer technology was much different than it is today. The images were similar to images from the old "Oregon Trail" game that we used to play as a kid. They were not very detailed or complicated. Paul would also send questions to whoever or whatever was responding to him and he was able to engage in a "question and answer" session which he would get responses to the questions he would ask. Paul let all of us ask questions just to show us how it worked.

It was more than likely Air Force Intelligence feeding the images and responses to Paul on the computer. The story of the Dulce Base started with some black and white photos that Paul had which supposedly showed a crashed aircraft. The photos of the crash site and the story of Myra Hansen started the story.

We found evidence of the crash site and where "something" crashed, but we never were able to determine if it was a military or alien aircraft. The story behind the crashed aircraft was that it was highly radioactive but we never found evidence of radioactivity. We even took Geiger counters to the crash site to test for radioactivity but we never picked up any readings. Of course there is much more to this story.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hi Gabe,

First, let me express my belated condolences. I interviewed your dad a number of times in the 1980s, 90s, and in 2007. He was very nice and quite helpful to me. You may recall one visit in 1988, when I came to your house with two friends, one of whom had a video camera. We taped a 90-minute chat, and you were given the camera to hold to film part of that conversation. I will try to locate that tape and make you a copy.

I recall Gabe discussing the burned site on top of Archuleta Mesa and his finding a government-issued ballpoint pen nearby. He was speculating that a then-still-secret Stealth fighter had crashed at the site, which was quietly removed and the area cleaned up. He also said, in no uncertain terms, that he never found any of the ground-level structures (e.g. air vents, shaft entryways, etc.) that supposedly existed on top of the mesa, as reported in the Doty-created Dulce Base myth that subsequently got spread around by Linda Howe and Paul Bennewitz and, later on, by countless gullible persons in cyberspace.

What became of Gabe's notebooks and other materials related to cattle mutilations? Are they available to researchers such as myself?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GVALDEZ

Hello again, Mr Valdez. I hope you are well.

This computer aspect of the story has really puzzled me. It would have been unnetworked and was years too early for the Paranet and BBS. This would suggest a computer program (like Oregon Trail) but then how would it be installed? Paul Bennewitz would probably know all the components in his own computer.

If one was installed, the range of comments would be limited and appear repetitive after a time - just like the early role-playing games. They were apparently printed off and it's a pity none have surfaced.

I wonder, do you remember any responses you saw yourself? If so, what did they contain? Were they clear with full sentences etc?

Your description of the images is interesting. How did you feel when you saw them? I understand they were very unsettling to Mr Bennewitz but did they have any effect on you? I ask this to try and get an idea of how they appeared to Mr Bennewitz.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Possibly supporting the Philadelphia experiment's occurence

I meant this minute and this letter there...

So the post of Mr Valdez is very intriguing. Nothing has brought my attention as much as all the Dulce stories. Firstly as Norio Hayakawa (this 2nd link mostly) points out and as anyone can see, the alleged base can be placed in so many places within this triangle of land in the Mesa, that is it possible the exact location to have not been found back then? Or is it all part of some disinfo? Thomas Castello's story to me is very wild and hard to believe considering the lack of any evidence of even him, though if saying that you've seen pictures/screen of aliens/hybrids, well what is wild anymore?

They were images that looked more like a cross between a reptile and a bird. Keep in mind that this was in the 80's and computer technology was much different than it is today. The images were similar to images from the old "Oregon Trail" game that we used to play as a kid. They were not very detailed or complicated.

However, I am still doubtful (and hopefully you are not spreading lies because lies get detected sooner or later), do you think you really saw something real or was it a hoax? Does anyone have pictures or anything to show?

You all need to be put on lie detectors combined with truth serum, I never understood why everyone's credibility was not tested that way.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GVALDEZ
reply to post by GVALDEZ

I am Gabe's son and I was with him at Paul's house when we saw the images on the computer screen. We viewed several images that for lack of a better term seemed like "alien" images. They were not images like common depictions of aliens with the large bald heads and eyes. They were images that looked more like a cross between a reptile and a bird. Keep in mind that this was in the 80's and computer technology was much different than it is today. The images were similar to images from the old "Oregon Trail" game that we used to play as a kid. They were not very detailed or complicated. Paul would also send questions to whoever or whatever was responding to him and he was able to engage in a "question and answer" session which he would get responses to the questions he would ask. Paul let all of us ask questions just to show us how it worked.

It was more than likely Air Force Intelligence feeding the images and responses to Paul on the computer. The story of the Dulce Base started with some black and white photos that Paul had which supposedly showed a crashed aircraft. The photos of the crash site and the story of Myra Hansen started the story.

We found evidence of the crash site and where "something" crashed, but we never were able to determine if it was a military or alien aircraft. The story behind the crashed aircraft was that it was highly radioactive but we never found evidence of radioactivity. We even took Geiger counters to the crash site to test for radioactivity but we never picked up any readings. Of course there is much more to this story.

Hello GVALDEZ, thank you this thread has become very interesting. This is the first time I have heard descriptions of the video screen and I do believe it was like a reptilian bird. Paul describes three types of aliens and some are yellow and green, but seemed familiar with the big headed greys from the beginning (I think mentioning in seperate bases). This does imply that the screen was something created by counter intelligence, I had thought there would be motion in the screen like a movie rather than still images. In the story it may be that Paul built his computer systems to locate the bases then counter intelligence started a mind control program turning it around from the inside since 1981, so his mental state was half way to where it was at the end during the time of the supposed crash. I think the first UFO seen over Kirland was late December of '79 and Paul claimed to have monitored the Dulce base since '78. Myrna Hansen was in 1980 and was a base west of Las Cruces, from what I gather she stayed with Paul for months because he was developing a system to track the frequencies of a verified object in the back of her head, the event was after she had been one of the few witnesses to see a cattle mutilation, and being aware of them at the time she consciously got out of her car and yelled at them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Hastings

Mr. Hastings,
Thank you for the condolances. I remember you when you came by the house many years ago. We did find something that resembled a ventilation shaft. I have pictures of it if you would like me to send it to you. You are correct about the misinformation. There is too much information to post on a blog because as you are aware it's a very long and conveluted story. I have all of my dads files. You can send me a personal message if you need to get ahold of me. You are correct that alot of the information about Paul and Dulce is false. Over time we have been able to sort out the majority of what was real and what was fabricated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join