It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Islamic threat" was fabricated by the media to substitute the "Red threat" after the end of

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Islam has been considered a threat to Western ideologies and society since at least the Crusades. Islamic Threat has always been there, it is just that it wasn't the biggest threat to deal with. Remember, there were terrorist organisation when the USSR was still kicking, the USA funded them.

Sooo.. you just openly admitted that these groups are funded by the US, but open up the claim with something about "the islamic threat" having always been there??

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Why nobody ever complained about the Muslims before 1989?

I remember that, when there was the "Red threat" of Soviet Union to worry about, nobody ever complained about Islam and the Muslims.

After the "Red threat" of the Soviet Union was gone, all of a sudden a "new threat" appears: the "Islamic threat".

How convenient for those who need an "enemy", a "external threat" to advance their agendas...

Nobody has EVER said anything bad about Islam in the Western media until the Iranian revolution in 1979. And even after that, there was no hysteria about "Islamic terrorism". That hysteria ONLY started after the end of the Soviet Union, when the Western elites were in need for a new "enemy" to substitute the role of the "Red threat" in their propaganda machine.

Wake up!

After the end of the Soviet Union, the making of a "new enemy" was necessary to keep the military-industrial complex running, and to keep the same scare tactics.

This is the real origin of the "Islamic threat"!

wow....please pick up a history book(s)....they have threatened and warred with western civilization for centuries....we here in the western world are just going through another cycle with these people. but, i guess going to college and taking some courses in history would be called elitist on this website.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I am taking no sides in this discussion. Islam has been a threat to Western ideologies and society (Christian) since the Crusades. If one were to look at it from the Muslim side of the fence, Christianity has always been a threat since then. This whole debate can be argues in the same manner by both sides. About the US funding extremist organisations, that is true, but it wasn't the start of the "Islamic Threat" in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Well said.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And then there is that documentary "Reel Bad Arabs" that you guys must know, which talks about how Hollywood and the american movie industry has treated the image of arabs.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
S&F

Additionally, many of those radical Islamic groups were initially funded, armed, and trained by the U.S. in order to wage a proxy war against the U.S.S.R.

Now those very same radical Muslims are being used to polarize the "West" and Christianity against Islam. It's a divide, fall, and conquer strategy.

Muslims are being indoctrinated to hate Christians, Jews, and the "West" because of Israel's human rights violations against the Palestinians and the war/oil profiteering going on in the guise of "war on terror."

I can't wait till everyone understands that we are all in this together, one family.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Dude I'm trying to stay as unbiased as possible but you yourself are telling us that the Islamic threat is a fabrication and to study history
But then in the same breath saying anything over 300 years doesn't count !?!

Dude the Koran is written in Mohameds time and details the war against the infidel and how it's a Muslims holy duty to ..... Well you know
Every Muslim reads or has preached to the Koran
The Koran has not changed since its writing

We however have forgotten history

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I am taking no sides in this discussion. Islam has been a threat to Western ideologies and society (Christian) since the Crusades. If one were to look at it from the Muslim side of the fence, Christianity has always been a threat since then. This whole debate can be argues in the same manner by both sides. About the US funding extremist organisations, that is true, but it wasn't the start of the "Islamic Threat" in my opinion.

Well, I'm looking at it from the muslim side of the fence... Christianity is never mentioned in scripture as Islams enemy. This is a made up friction by TPTB.

Prophet Muhammad once stated that "A good muslim, is a good christian. And a good christian is a good muslim."

Also, Allah in the qur'an constantly gives passage to Christians and Jews. Scripturally, "kafir" and "unbeliever" were used only for polytheists and idol worshipers. TPTB just played their cards right.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Prophet Muhammed sounds like a very enlightend individual.

But yes, unfortunately the shared history between the Christians and Muslims has not been entirely good, with the odd war here and there. It has led to extreme paranoia on both sides of the fence which is unfortunate and damaging to the world wide society as a whole.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Dude the Koran is written in Mohameds time and details the war against the infidel and how it's a Muslims holy duty to ..... Well you know

Just curious ~ have you read the Koran?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Prophet Muhammed sounds like a very enlightend individual.

But yes, unfortunately the shared history between the Christians and Muslims has not been entirely good, with the odd war here and there. It has led to extreme paranoia on both sides of the fence which is unfortunate and damaging to the world wide society as a whole.

But it's profitable for the hustling house of Saud to keep a "conflict" going. In sooo many ways. Not only them, but plenty of world leaders and regimes.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

He couldn't have. Maybe the jihadwatch article claiming to be the "qur'an in a nutshell"...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

He couldn't have. Maybe the jihadwatch article claiming to be the "qur'an in a nutshell"...

Plenty of Arabians would like to drop the Saudi part of their wahhabi hyphenated persona.

www.presstv.ir...

You bet, mmim, the real haters are sure to provide plenty of hate material for the gullible.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Plenty of Arabians would like to drop the Saudi part of their wahhabi hyphenated persona.

www.presstv.ir...

You bet, mmim, the real haters are sure to provide plenty of hate material for the gullible.

Just like more people are waking up to the deception of the MSM - more muslims are waking up to the deception of salafiyya. People ask me almost daily where they can go to learn the path of sufism, and it's really amazing.

It seems like people are moving to two polar opposites. More enlightened - and completely stupid..

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Admitadly I over generalise
But I ask you have you read the Quran, Hadith, Sufi texts ect ?
Have you actually been to Muslim dominated countries ?
Have you attended any mosques ?
Lived side by side with the locals ?
Attended shuras ?
Listened to and spoke with imams ?
Had 7 different translations of the Quran ?
Debated the faith with devout native Muslims ?
And heard what THEY have to say ?

I have
Many times in many places
I wanted to learn unbiasedly about the religion and it's culture and put myself in the position to get a good wide angle
Now I have nothing against the Muslims at all
I was able to achieve the above by being open to the influence
And I still have many Muslim friends in many countries
All I'm trying to say is
You see the situation from one angle ( a relatively short sighted angle )
They however see it from another angle ( majority )
Part of the problem is the Quran is so open to interpretation
If it wasn't a holy book it would be banned as for it's ability to encite hate violence and oppression, now I'm not saying the the bible can't do the same, but the bible and the Christian faith has for the most part changed with the times, Islam hasn't for the most part

The way one guy I worked with closely in one of my mates stans places for 5 months explained it
He was a local that had studied in America and England, returned home now worked as an interpreter and we had many discussions was

Education
Many can't read the Quran for themselves thus have it read to them
This allows for interpretation and ulterior motives by the reader
And the tales of victory against the infidel sell

edit on 31-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Just like more people are waking up to the deception of the MSM - more muslims are waking up to the deception of salafiyya. People ask me almost daily where they can go to learn the path of sufism, and it's really amazing.

It seems like people are moving to two polar opposites. More enlightened - and completely stupid..

I will confess my complete ignorance of sufism ~ but will make a point of addressing that lack because if there's anything that annoys me, its people who claim I should fear something of which neither they, nor I, have any knowledge. So I looked up the connection between Sufism and Islam and what I've seen so far is intriguing, but will require a whole lot more reading before I know anything worth talking about ...

You're right about polar opposites and if the latter won't at least attempt to enlighten themselves in the very near future, we haven't seen anything yet in terms of needless pain and suffering all around.
edit on 31-3-2012 by frazzle because: format (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The russians were fighting the muslim threat in afghanistan,just like we are now,for a long time from 1979-89 > Soviet War In Afghanistan > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Part of the problem is the Quran is so open to interpretation
If it wasn't a holy book it would be banned as for it's ability to encite hate violence and oppression, now I'm not saying the the bible can't do the same, but the bible and the Christian faith has for the most part changed with the times, Islam hasn't for the most part

The way one guy I worked with closely in one of my mates stans places for 5 months
He was a local that had studied in America and England, returned home now worked as an interpreter and we had many discussions was

Education
Many can't read the Quran for themselves thus have it read to them
This allows for interpretation and ulterior motives by the reader
And the tales of victory against the infidel sell

My copy of the Quran was given to me by the local mosque and yes, I've read it several times and then just referred back to it regarding whatever topic I still had questions about. I lost my copy in a "custody battle" with my ex. My interaction with Muslim people has been limited, admittedly, although I would be happy to expand on that.

That said, I still have problems with your interpretation of "what they believe". It would be like visiting various denominations of Christanity, interacting with individuals and groups within those churches and thinking one knows "what they all believe". Yes, I will agree that Christianity has changed to the degree that very few who call themselves Christian agree on what to believe due to the ambiguities/contradictions within the Bible and the fact that most church goers depend on the ministers/priests/whatever to read it to them and define what the words mean. I don't find that with the Quran, its pretty clear cut although its been widely misintrepreted partly because of the reasons you cite. Definitely some commonalities between the two belief systems.

But back to your suppositions that Islam hasn't changed and that it encites violence and oppression, I think it has changed greatly from Mohammad's original teachings although don't see any such incitement to war ~ unless they are attacked FIRST and that is in there repeatedly. And we all know that they have been attacked first throughout modern history.

But take Iran as an example ~ it has the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country in the world and the Jewish people there go about their business without interference. And interestingly, when Israel tried to bribe the Iranian Jews to "come home" to Israel, the Iranian Jews declined. No one has a very good explanation for that if that crazy hitler reborn monster, and the even crazier Mullahs, want to kill all the Jews. So much hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Once a Religion goes the way of ..... WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE WAY and State,,, When the World Ends,,, Their God will RULE,,,
THEN THEY ARE A THREAT to the Whole of Humanity.

Given that,,,, my top three Threats are:

ISLAM
CHRISTIANITY
JUDAISM

they as a whole threaten Humanity,,
now individuals are different,, and some see only the Peaceful of their respective religions,,,, I understand the paradox,,,
but basically these are a threat to Humanity unless they renounce this Ideology for the benefit of saving humanity,, they will remain a problem.
Have them turn over their Churches,,, Temples and Mosques to the Poor of the World,,, then we can start fresh,,,
Start with the Vatican and Temple on the Mount/Mosque,,, sell off the material things there,,, and LET NATURE RETURN THE LAND TO WHAT IT SHOULD BE
a Park for ALL,,,

so OP
Wrong,,,
the threat is Real.
Just not the Single threat it is portrayed as,,, it has company
edit on 3/31/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: added last line of my post

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

This is a fabricated thread, there has been a very significant threat from extremist islamic terrorist groups especially since 1979 when the islamic revolution occurred in Iran.

I think the truth here is that the Soviet Union fell, and it was no longer a threat. Then what happened is that the real threat of islamic terrorist was brought to the front of the burner. It isn't a fabrication or islamaphobia when they really are trying to kill you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join