It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Islamic threat" was fabricated by the media to substitute the "Red threat" after the end of

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why nobody ever complained about the Muslims before 1989?

I remember that, when there was the "Red threat" of Soviet Union to worry about, nobody ever complained about Islam and the Muslims.

After the "Red threat" of the Soviet Union was gone, all of a sudden a "new threat" appears: the "Islamic threat".

How convenient for those who need an "enemy", a "external threat" to advance their agendas...

Nobody has EVER said anything bad about Islam in the Western media until the Iranian revolution in 1979. And even after that, there was no hysteria about "Islamic terrorism". That hysteria ONLY started after the end of the Soviet Union, when the Western elites were in need for a new "enemy" to substitute the role of the "Red threat" in their propaganda machine.

Wake up!

After the end of the Soviet Union, the making of a "new enemy" was necessary to keep the military-industrial complex running, and to keep the same scare tactics.

This is the real origin of the "Islamic threat"!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The title of the thread would be "The Islamic threat was fabricated by the media to substitute the "Red threat" after the end of the Soviet Union"

Too long!

edit on 30-3-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This reminds me of an interview I watched on you tube here awhile back. I will try to get the link to post. So bear with me.

www.youtube.com...

This was very interesting. If she is telling the truth then there are some scary times ahead.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

I remember that, when there was the "Red threat" of Soviet Union to worry about, nobody ever complained about Islam and the Muslims.

After the "Red threat" of the Soviet Union was gone, all of a sudden a "new threat" appears: the "Islamic threat".

How convenient for those who need an "enemy", a "external threat" to advance their agendas...

Nobody has EVER said anything bad about Islam in the Western media until the Iranian revolution in 1979. And even after that, there was no hysteria about "Islamic terrorism". That hysteria ONLY started after the end of the Soviet Union, when the Western elites were in need for a new "enemy" to substitute the role of the "Red threat" in their propaganda machine.

Wake up!

After the end of the Soviet Union, the making of a "new enemy" was necessary to keep the military-industrial complex running, and to keep the same scare tactics.

The Islamic threat has always been there in fact its millenia old. The only difference being is that "multiculturism" has increased muslim migration to the West allowing problems to ferment.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

The Islamic threat has always been there in fact its millenia old. The only difference being is that "multiculturism" has increased muslim migration to the West allowing problems to ferment.

Please, do some research.

You will see that, in the modern world, after the Industrial Revolution, Islam was never considered a "threat" or an enemy.

During more than 200 years, during all the 19th century, and most of the 20th century, the Muslims were not depicted as a "threat to the Western civilization".

During all that time, Islam was observed with curiosity, and Muslims were seen just as an "exotic" people, just like the people from India or Japan were viewed. In movies like "Casablanca " (1942) and "Lawrence of Arabia" (1962), we don't see any sort of anti-Muslim sentiment.

"Islamic terrorism" wasn't an issue in the world history during all the 19th century, and most of the 20th century. By the year of 1978, expressions like "Islamic terrorist", "Islamic fundamentalist" or "Islamic militants" were not even imagined in the West.

All the "terrorism" practiced by Arabs in those times were the exclusive work of Palestinian SECULAR organizations, with a nationalist ideology, and no religious ideology at all, like the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) of Yasser Arafat, for example.

Muslim immigration to France and England was never considered a problem during most of the 20th century. The "Great Mosque of Paris" was founded in 1926. The "East London Mosque and Islamic Culture Centre" was inaugurated in 1941. People never associated Muslim immigrants with "fundamentalism", "Sharia law" or "terrorism".

It wasn't until the decade of the 1990's, after the end of the Soviet Union, that all the hysteria about "Islamic terrorism" and the "Islamic threat", and "Islamic fundamentalism" started. The 1993 World Trade Center bombings were the mark of this campaign. Do you think it is a coincidence it happened just after the end of the Soviet Union? It was obviously a false flag operation made by Al-Qaeda, an organization controlled by the CIA.

The "Islamic threat" was the perfect substitute for the "Red threat" after the end of the Soviet Union. The perfect excuse to keep the "us versus them" mentality and the permanent "state of siege" sentiment.

Of course, all of this was accompanied by a big effort of the CIA to spread the ideas of "Islamic fundamentalism" in the Sunni Muslim world. Don't be fooled: Islamic Sunni fundamentalism is a child of the CIA. Just remember that it was the CIA that created, armed and trained the Taliban. The CIA needed to fabricate a new enemy.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The dirty little secret that most history books and people ignore.It is convenient how quickly all these various Islamic terrorist groups grew once the USSR was dead and gone,now we are going from the "Islamic-Fascist" threat to the "Domestic Terrorist"threat "Domestic Terrorists" meaning any and everyone who does not follow along.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Wake up!

amazing,i never thought about that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

That's a good post and you get a star.

But - maybe the very nature of 'radical Islam' has not just warped the mindset of westerners, but maybe the very youth of Islam today. Both because of demonisation, but also through their own observations of war, mixed culture and modern living. Possibly a combination of loyalty, resentment, isolation, anger and confusion - thus creating a beast.

A self fulfilling social experiment.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i very much so agree, the wars on terror and the middle east were planned well before the attacks on 9/11

i highly suggest looking into the book War On Truth, it was very helpful to me in writing a paper on the military industrial complex and its pervasive influence in government, and on national security policies in the new millennia

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Black September 1972.That is when we noticed Muslims.But otherwise you are correct aliens were supposed to be next with unique 3d effects in the sky.
They however are being stone walled by our military when it comes to invading Iran.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Wow, I don't know what to say really... And I get tired of these threads. Islam IS a threat. Maybe the main reason why no one 'had a problem' with Muslims prior to 1989 is because they weren't a threat at the time? Remember, the Communists weren't always a threat either, before they became one.

Ever have a good friend turn into a foe? I guess that too is some idiotic conspiracy. Get over it, we live in a world with people who hate each other.

What's that? Oh no! Say it isn't so! Muslims on a raping spree in Oslo Norway? Well, it is so. My sister is one of these women who were raped!

I'm Norwegian (raised in the U.S., living in Norway now) and I can tell you this:

The majority of inmates in our liberal prison system is either from Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, +++. The majority of these people are MUSLIM. I know of several cases in my small town where women were FORCEFULLY held back so they could make sure they had the right number because a Muslim wanted their phone number.

A thirteen year old kid was BEATEN by a Muslim a couple of years ago who was in his late 40's! We have gangs of Somali Muslims in Oslo openly selling drugs to kids! I can go on and on and on but I digress. Norway was safe, we had no major crime problems before we opened our doors to massive immigration. Literally, you could leave your home unlocked while you went on vacation only to come back and find everything in one piece.

Now? Gangs of Muslim youths are roaming our streets at night with pipes, knives, baseball bats and other things making sure we adhere to their 'morals'. Anyone they don't like, they attack. Like my friend and his girlfriend who were standing outside one night taking a smoke as a group of five six M.E. people ganged up on them. My friends were in the hospital for a WEEK.

Then an American buddy of mine was ATTACKED AT KNIFE POINT by two Muslim Africans. Then another friend of mine had five M.E. guys come to his DOOR at 3AM wanting to kick his ass because he didn't say "hi" to them at the store FOUR years ago! They stood out there with bats ready to bash his skull in!

Then me, who was at a party a few years ago talking American with a couple of buddies sharing some jokes while behind us we heard some idiot say, "How did you like the gift we gave you?". Looking at him confused expecting him to make some sort of joke said, "You know, 9/11...".

He was one of the "tolerant Norwegian Muslims". Come to find out, a week later he beat the living CRAP out of his Norwegian girlfriend because she left him. His reason? "No Norwegian dog will leave me!".

Anyone who claims Islam isn't a problem in Europe and the West are blind idiots who don't dare go outside of their politically correct la-la land because it's scary. So take your own advice and "wake up"!

edit on 31-3-2012 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

P.S.
Here's something I wrote a couple of days ago which might help you "wake up":www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
MUNICH MASSACRE 1972.The world started anti terrorist units after that.The SAS assault was in 1980,they had existed since WWII and were adapted for the new threat.
Wow don't you people have guns?
edit on 31-3-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: I failed to answer properly

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It was always a threat
Admitadly, for a while the strife of old was forgotten and new friendships were forged
This came about through archeology and the discovery of oil
Everyone won
And western friendly relations grew as did western influence
Then in the 70's and 80's a number of coups and rebellions destabilised this friendship
And a reemergence of a slightly forgotten heritage of jihad against the infidel

But then theres taqiyya as well
Had we simply been lulled into a false sense of security ?
Just because we in the west have forgotten the last 1400 years
Or chosen to move past it
Or through self imposed 'white mans guilt' changed our own history

I reference the legend of crusaders being knee high in the blood of Muslims during the savage sacking that we have come to accept as history
Which infact can be traced to a poem written 100's of years after the event which although was inaccurate in many ways became accepted as fact due to its popularity at the time ( seriously, it's not always the victors that write history ! )

Just because we have done this
Doesn't mean they have !

You can't think our beliefs or values apply to them because they don't
Their society is compleatly different

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Study a little history. The US has been battling Fanatical Islam since the US has been a country. Where do you think the words in the Marine hyme come from... "from the shores of Tripoli"? Remember Lebanon in 1983? Remember the Ottoman Empire from WWI?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
Study a little history. The US has been battling Fanatical Islam since the US has been a country. Where do you think the words in the Marine hyme come from... "from the shores of Tripoli"? Remember Lebanon in 1983? Remember the Ottoman Empire from WWI?

You are COMPLETELY CRAZY, man!

YOU are the one who REALLY needs to study History, A LOT!

"The US has been battling Fanatical Islam since the US has been a country" is the most ABSURD thing I have ever read in a long time...

Ottoman Empire from WWI? Wow! THAT was ABSURD!

The Ottoman Empire in the times of the World War I had NOTHING to do with "Fanatical Islam". After the Young Turk Revolution in 1908, the Ottoman Empire became a SECULAR Constitutional state, with a Parliament. The secular, nationalist "Young Turks" movement was responsible for turning the Ottoman Empire in a SECULAR state, and later in a Republic, the Republic of Turkey.

The Ottoman Empire was ruled by the secular Young Turks movement when it entered World War I at the same side of the "Central Powers": the CHRISTIAN Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the CHRISTIAN German Empire.

You are incredibly ignorant, Sir...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by GLontra

Black September 1972.That is when we noticed Muslims.But otherwise you are correct aliens were supposed to be next with unique 3d effects in the sky.
They however are being stone walled by our military when it comes to invading Iran.

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
MUNICH MASSACRE 1972.The world started anti terrorist units after that.The SAS assault was in 1980,they had existed since WWII and were adapted for the new threat.
Wow don't you people have guns?

I really CAN'T believe the above comments.

The ignorance is staggering!

WHAT??? The Black September massacre in Munich in 1972 is an example of "Islamic terrorism"??

Are you sure you understand the difference between the words "Arab" and "Muslim"??

The Black September was a SECULAR Palestinian organization. It was a radical dissident group from the Fatah. They split up from the also secular Fatah, of Yasser Arafat.

Black September called the Munich operation "Ikrit and Biram", after the names of two CHRISTIAN Palestinian villages whose inhabitants were killed or expelled by the Haganah in 1948.

Did you know that many members of the SECULAR Palestinian "terrorist" groups like the Fatah and Black September were CHRISTIAN Arab Palestinians?

Only very ignorant and gullible people can be fooled by any attempt of associating the Munich massacre with any form of "Islamic terrorism". Islam had NOTHING to do with that.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Islam has been considered a threat to Western ideologies and society since at least the Crusades. Islamic Threat has always been there, it is just that it wasn't the biggest threat to deal with. Remember, there were terrorist organisation when the USSR was still kicking, the USA funded them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Islam has been considered a threat to Western ideologies and society since at least the Crusades. Islamic Threat has always been there, it is just that it wasn't the biggest threat to deal with. Remember, there were terrorist organisation when the USSR was still kicking, the USA funded them.

Crusades? Com'on, we are having a serious debate here. Anything that happened more than 300 years ago has no relevance at all. And during the past 300 years, Islam was never considered a "threat", until very recently, until the last 30 years or so, and more specifically, after 1990, when the Soviet Union collapsed.

There was not a single "Islamic terrorist organization" in the world until the late 1970's.

By the way, one of the first "Islamic terrorism organization" was the HAMAS, that was created in Palestine as MOSSAD operation. There is plenty of proof that Mossad created Hamas as a religious organization to fight the secular organizations like Fatah, and split the Palestinians.

Also, the CIA created the Taliban to fight the Soviets, and also created Al-Qaeda.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Crusades? Com'on, we are having a serious debate here. Anything that happened more than 300 years ago has no relevance at all.
You sure? I disagree, the same ideologies from both sides back then are still prominent today. Christians and Muslims were at war, damn, even this "War onTerror" can be considered a Crusade, a war between fundamentally Christian Nations and Muslim nations. Bush said it himself.

And during the past 300 years, Islam was never considered a "threat", until very recently, until the last 30 years or so, and more specifically, after 1990, when the Soviet Union collapsed.
Agreed

By the way, one of the first "Islamic terrorism organization" was the HAMAS, that was created in Palestine as MOSSAD operation. There is plenty of proof that Mossad created Hamas as a religious organization to fight the secular organizations like Fatah, and split the Palestinians.

Also, the CIA created the Taliban to fight the Soviets, and also created Al-Qaeda.

Yes i know. Also, do some research on Operation Phoenix.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by GLontra

Wow, I don't know what to say really... And I get tired of these threads. Islam IS a threat. Maybe the main reason why no one 'had a problem' with Muslims prior to 1989 is because they weren't a threat at the time? Remember, the Communists weren't always a threat either, before they became one.

Ever have a good friend turn into a foe? I guess that too is some idiotic conspiracy. Get over it, we live in a world with people who hate each other.

What's that? Oh no! Say it isn't so! Muslims on a raping spree in Oslo Norway? Well, it is so. My sister is one of these women who were raped!

I'm Norwegian (raised in the U.S., living in Norway now) and I can tell you this:

The majority of inmates in our liberal prison system is either from Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, +++. The majority of these people are MUSLIM. I know of several cases in my small town where women were FORCEFULLY held back so they could make sure they had the right number because a Muslim wanted their phone number.

A thirteen year old kid was BEATEN by a Muslim a couple of years ago who was in his late 40's! We have gangs of Somali Muslims in Oslo openly selling drugs to kids! I can go on and on and on but I digress. Norway was safe, we had no major crime problems before we opened our doors to massive immigration. Literally, you could leave your home unlocked while you went on vacation only to come back and find everything in one piece.

Now? Gangs of Muslim youths are roaming our streets at night with pipes, knives, baseball bats and other things making sure we adhere to their 'morals'. Anyone they don't like, they attack. Like my friend and his girlfriend who were standing outside one night taking a smoke as a group of five six M.E. people ganged up on them. My friends were in the hospital for a WEEK.

Then an American buddy of mine was ATTACKED AT KNIFE POINT by two Muslim Africans. Then another friend of mine had five M.E. guys come to his DOOR at 3AM wanting to kick his ass because he didn't say "hi" to them at the store FOUR years ago! They stood out there with bats ready to bash his skull in!

Then me, who was at a party a few years ago talking American with a couple of buddies sharing some jokes while behind us we heard some idiot say, "How did you like the gift we gave you?". Looking at him confused expecting him to make some sort of joke said, "You know, 9/11...".

He was one of the "tolerant Norwegian Muslims". Come to find out, a week later he beat the living CRAP out of his Norwegian girlfriend because she left him. His reason? "No Norwegian dog will leave me!".

Anyone who claims Islam isn't a problem in Europe and the West are blind idiots who don't dare go outside of their politically correct la-la land because it's scary. So take your own advice and "wake up"!

P.S.
Here's something I wrote a couple of days ago which might help you "wake up":www.abovetopsecret.com...

My sister was raped by a white guy... I don't consider all white guys a threat...

If you want to consider all of us a threat because of something yall got goin on in Norway, go right ahead....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join