It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doctrines vs scripture

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

If you do in fact believe in the Christ then stop letting the cares of this world entangle you in emotional abuse of your brother's Israel and me.
Worldly cares is about acquisition. You are turning it around to mean the world itself, as a planet, and all the people in it. John 3:16 tells us God Himself loved the world, so you are following an ant-Christian cult that just pretends to be Christina in name only, to support an Israel in name only to acquire a big chunk of land at the expense and lives of its rightful inhabitants.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This argument is of no consequence to brothers in Christ because again I say, only God owns the land and there is no such thing as jew, greek, gentile, or even arab anymore so far as Christ is concerned so stop with this nonsense already if you be true in saying that you believe in your heart that Christ is risen and is our savior.
Your own words show that you do not follow your own advice, by your support of one ethnic group over another. If God or Jesus already hypothetically owns the land already why does there need to be a military force to physically take it?
And why do you continue to question my belief, as if you believe anyone who is not a murderer who supports murder is somehow not a believer? People who have the Christ spirit in them are not obsessed with acquisition even by murder to get material goods.

I'm rationalizing the right of Israel to live on the land of their forefathers and that's it.
They are not Israel, they are a group of Jews who decided to call themselves Israel. On top of that, the dominant group that run the so-called state, are German Jews, descended from Central Asians who adopted the religion of the Jews during the Persian Empire, and later, all the way up to the Muslim times. They want a national identity and took a cue from their holy book of where they think they should be to be their own people. That does not make them somehow automatically right.

The arabs have plenty of dirt to live on and be happy with and at peace but this war isn't about land ownership between the two but about whose god is bigger. That's all.
Jerusalem is a holy city which was a center for Islam, and it is obviously not just a "piece of dirt" so you are being deliberately dishonest.

The land according to God through Abraham belongs to the descendants of AIJ not the Islamic Arabic Palestine.
This is not a Christian belief, but a modern doctrine made up by your cult. The Jews have a book that says this stuff but Christianity tells us the Jews were cut off from the blessings of God. Christian doctrine, and the very foundation of Christianity is the Church which is not a building but means the congregation, like the congregation of the Israelites in the camp in the wilderness. Jesus created the congregation to replace that old one, by establishing himself as the head of this reconstituted Israel. First for the Jews, then for the gentiles, just as the old Israel was the descendants of Jacob, and then the Egyptians who joined them to cross the Red Sea. We symbolically join Jesus by crossing over through the ritual of baptism, into the new Israel, the church.
edit on 18-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You make me out to be a murdering unbeliever because I support Zionism and not Islam. That means you would have me join your cult instead of blessing Israel. Get over yourself.
By complicity to a crime, and aiding abetting, you transfer the guilt onto yourself, of murder and theft.

As a believer in Christ you also know that if you offend in one part of the law then you are guilty of it all. The other side of this coins shows you supporting Palestine's murder of the Jews in order to take land that belongs to the descendants of AIJ. For the measure whereby ye judge ye shall be judge. You seem to have a very legalistic view to be under grace in your heart. It's kinda weird and very telling if you ask me.

You further delude yourself into believing that you have to fight Islam, while ignoring the Christian Palestinians.

Bible believing Christian Palestinians don't give a hoot if, like I said, they are bible believing. Maybe you're out trying to liberate the land regardless of scripture but your inferences of what I say and views of scriptural Christianity are what's deluded here; proven time and again.

It is not about a war of ideologies, it is ordinary crimes and real people who are the victims. You are rationalizing criminality which may work in your own mind but will not work when you are called up to judgment before God.

Be it unto you according to thy faith for you shall be judged with the measure whereby ye judge. You don't believe scripture about the mercy seat of Christ judgment, or rapture, or God's promise to Isaac, or that we are all guilty and who knows what else. I told you Dewey, I don't expect you to impart understanding just like now in your emotionality casting forth curses whereby you only curse yourself in that you faith is in judgment, not in Love and grace. I wish you would see.

You also delude yourself into thinking anyone not in your cult can only be so by following Satan into joining some other opposing cult.

No, just those who deny Christ; even those who says they believe but deny scripture making God a liar.

That is just a tool of the cult to induce paranoia into its members.

Thanks for letting me know how you all do it.

People only giving themselves the name does not make them Israel in the sight of God. This is a work planned, inaugurated, and carried out by men, men who were functioning atheists who decided the best way to take over the world for Communism, was through the Jews, and to have them set up a Jewish state in order to use as a base to carry it out.

I don't entirely disagree, here on ATS we call the TPTB, but there are true Hebrews left in Israel as God in scripture has pointed out. Nevertheless, the situation at hand is not outside of what God knows would happen nor is it outside God's ultimate plan for salvation. The wheat will one day be separated from the tares. Now is the time of the trying of our faith.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If Palestine wants to claim it for their own and wage Jihad then the bloodshed of both sides are on their own heads.
Creating a hypothetical scenario of violence does not justify the real violence going on against the people who live there and are being driven off incrementally, every day.

IMO the criminality in this case lies with those who would usurp authority over the people Israel in an effort to promote their own deity over that of the God of AIJ, the One True and Living God, the Father of us all and Jesus Christ.
Again, you are creating a hypothetical, potential injustice to rationalize a real injustice going on right now, and continuously every minute of every day.
You are making people as the enforcers of God, and religion as a bases for justifying criminal behavior.
Israel is not a real legitimate state. This was land stolen first from the Turkish Empire by GB at the end of WW I. Then they turned around and gave some of the land to Zionists, who then had one of their representatives declare themselves a state. After that, they engaged in what has been deemed after WW II to be, by international law illegal, that one country can not invade another country to occupy the land in order to move their own population into it. What you are calling "Israel" is a band of criminal thugs illegally occupying land. They are themselves the usurpers, so to talk about usurping power over them is a misnomer, since it would only be them taking back that which is rightfully and legally theirs.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If you do in fact believe in the Christ then stop letting the cares of this world entangle you in emotional abuse of your brother's Israel and me.
Worldly cares is about acquisition.

Dewey, you're here lobbying for the acquisition of Israeli land to the Palestinians in the name of Jesus regardless of God's promise to AIJ. Is this not the very epitome of subverting truth in the name of Jesus for your own personal feelings?

See what I mean? We as Christs people are above the petty desire for dirt. Souls are important, not dirt or geneology. We are better than this Dewey.

You are turning it around to mean the world itself, as a planet, and all the people in it.

No, I meant world like scripture means it. If I had meant briers of the dirt I would have written "earth" and if I had meant the planet I would have written "Earth." If you must continue to infer instead of taking people at their word then please refrain accusations before you ask a question. It's not good for being emotional but is only polite and good for understanding

John 3:16 tells us God Himself loved the world, so you are following an ant-Christian cult that just pretends to be Christina in name only, to support an Israel in name only to acquire a big chunk of land at the expense and lives of its rightful inhabitants.

the world is sinful and a friend of the world is no friend of God or did you miss that verse? God so loves us that he gave us his son that whosoever would believe.....you catch that?.....whoever would believe out of the world and not be a friend of it would not perish with the world but receive everlasting life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Scripturally, you deny God's promise to AIJ by saying the arabs and/or descendants of Ishmael are the rightful heirs. That's your bad, not mine. And I support Israel because the Father has proclaimed blessing on those who bless his people Israel. Look it up but your belligerence doesn't help anyone and doesn't make you smarter or anymore more right about what you claim. And I'm a pacifist. I don't condone killing for either side. I wish they could live in peace with no one as "owner" of the land but God.

edit on 18-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The world is in fact coming to a boiling point. It doesn't take religiosity or cults or anything of the like to see what is happening on the world political stage.
It is being forced into that state by none other than Israel itself.
No, but it takes a cult to twist it around to being some indication that things are going in the hoped for direction.

According to the Word and the lineage of Jesus all the way to Abraham, and according to the Father's promise to Isaac, the rightful inhabitants are not the Palestinians. And you are wrong about that better opinion statement. Islam feels about Israel the way it feels because of religiosity, not land. You're being willfully ignorant if you deny such a thing.
Apparently you are calling the Old Testament "the Word". The Word is the message that God has given to the inhabitants of Earth, which we know from Jesus through his Apostles, not from the Old Testament, which Jesus saw as something the Jews of his time should have been able to through its prophecies know that he was of God and that they should heed his voice. Jesus never preached a message about ownership of land outside of the concept of the meek inheriting the earth. Jesus taught against those who would take the kingdom by force.
You keep bringing up the name, Islam, as if somehow I am supposed to automatically react in a negative way to these people. They are people and Christianity does not support the idea of hating people based on their religion, or to make crimes against people not of your religion OK. You keep depersonalizing the injured party by calling the Islam. How about calling them Christians, since a part of the Palestinians are Christians?

I'm not sure how it seems that I'm saying that because I don't profit from war.
You are because built into your cult's dogma is this theory that before Jesus can return, there has to be a rebuilt temple on Mt. Zion, so you benefit by being raptured before you meet a natural death by old age.

I've often said I want peace while you claim the need for Israel to be stricken from the land that is their inheritance but often times I see you being confused because of what you infer and not what is actually written so i guess just be confused.
Your plan for peace is for everyone in Jordan, Palestine, and Lebanon and Syria, to just pack up and leave so prophecy can be fulfilled, where Abraham's descendants will dwell on the land from the Nile to the Euphrates. Your plan would actually reverse the prophecy since the descendants of Abraham already live there but will be replaced by Gog and Magog, the Germans and the Russians.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You matter to me and the hatred and anger you harbor matters to me because as my brother in Christ I don't like that your heart is so burdened to the point it is.
Being a real Christian, and not just a member of a cult calling itself Christian, I do not have any hate. Anger is directed to the perpetrators of actual physical crimes against humanity, such as the constant genocide and ethnic cleaning being carried out by the thuggocracy pretending to be a state and calling itself, Israel. I feel an obligation to my fellow man to call for justice to be done on their behalf. People like yourself who make excuses for it lower the morality of the world, and fight against God's will to save the world, and why He sent His son into the world.

I'm just warning you about what the Father is bringing.
According to your cult's ideology.

Look in the mirror and say that
I don't have to since I do not engage in any of those activities. I don't wish the fires from heaven to burn people up. What I do is warn people there is a judgment and you will be held accountable for your actual physical actions. I don't curse people because they do not believe along a narrowly defined belief system which I just so happen to have myself. The only people I see doing that are the cult members, whether yours, or of some Islamic types.

Again I say, read scripture and believe God or make him to be a liar and serve the God of your emotion whom you've created to serve yourself and personal feelings.
I would rather follow my own interpretation, trusting in the Spirit, rather than follow a cult's who are feeding on war and death for their own gain.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your own words show that you do not follow your own advice, by your support of one ethnic group over another.

If nothing else do your own words not show the very same thing? Thereby are you not judged by the very judgments wherewith you have cursed me?

And again, I support Israel's right to live on their land (zionism) not the agenda of TPTB.

If God or Jesus already hypothetically owns the land already why does there need to be a military force to physically take it?

If you don't know that God is owner then you are lying to yourself and if you don't believe your own words that there are powers that be controlling worldly things for their own gain then your authoring confusion and I know wherefrom that spirit comes.

And why do you continue to question my belief, as if you believe anyone who is not a murderer who supports murder is somehow not a believer?

Are you saying you are the "not a murderer" who supports murder that I don't believe is a true believer?

Why would I not question when Jesus says those who love me keep my commandments. He commanded that we love our neighbor and says that he who hates his brother is a murderer. Did you not get that part of our conversation when we discussed those who say they know Christ but their hearts are far from him?

People who have the Christ spirit in them are not obsessed with acquisition even by murder to get material goods.

I guess that rules out Islam, and your desires for Palestine now doesn't it?

They are not Israel, they are a group of Jews who decided to call themselves Israel.

There are real blood Hebrews there. Real blood descendants. Even if there is only one but I assure you there are many more. The land belongs to them and those they adopt. Like it or not. Accept it or not but this is not the Islam controlled Palestinians decision to make.

On top of that, the dominant group that run the so-called state, are German Jews, descended from Central Asians who adopted the religion of the Jews during the Persian Empire, and later, all the way up to the Muslim times.

Israel has been booted from the land many times not to mention the scattering of Ephraim and Menassah, remember that? Your argument doesn't mean that their blood isn't that of Abraham's blood. I know you don't want to accept that but it's true unless you want to make God in scripture a liar.

They want a national identity and took a cue from their holy book of where they think they should be to be their own people.

Actual of Abraham takes precedence over basically of Abraham.

Jerusalem is a holy city which was a center for Islam, and it is obviously not just a "piece of dirt" so you are being deliberately dishonest.

The dirt is literally the dirt. The war is just as you acknowledge, religious. And before al-aksa was the temple of Solomon. (Abraham, Canaan, Jebusites, Zion, David, Solomon, Temple) Connect the dots.

This is not a Christian belief, but a modern doctrine made up by your cult.

Hebrews 11:17, Galatians 4:28 Your cult either doesn't believe scripture or isn't searching scripture for truth. Nonetheless, Isaac as the son of promise isn't a cult belief. It is biblical.

The Jews have a book that says this stuff but Christianity tells us the Jews were cut off from the blessings of God.
Biblical doctrine teaches there is no such thing as jew because the holy spirit makes us all adopted sons of God. The blood hebrew still has his time and place but even still scripture says that those who call themselves jews aren't necessarily so because now that the Holy Spirit is here, a spiritual jew is a real jew meaning the people of God are now so because of the Holy Spirit not because "my father is Abraham" like Jesus said to the pharisees.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

As a believer in Christ you also know that if you offend in one part of the law then you are guilty of it all. The other side of this coins shows you supporting Palestine's murder of the Jews in order to take land that belongs to the descendants of AIJ. For the measure whereby ye judge ye shall be judge. You seem to have a very legalistic view to be under grace in your heart. It's kinda weird and very telling if you ask me.
The Jews could avoid injury by not invading someone else's land. If I have someone breaking into my house to rob me, it is my right to fight that person off, and it is not a crime by me if he gets injured instead of his intended target, who would be myself.
Again, you need to pay attention for a minute because you seem to have a problem focusing when you see something you do not like.
It is illegal for a country to invade another country in order to displace the original inhabitants with people brought over from their own country. This is by international law and treaty and the charter of the Unite Nations. What this means is that you can not invade a country and by right of conquest, make the new land, now inhabited by your own transplanted citizens, as part of your original country. So you do not "own" the Land and that land is not part of "you" to claim rights over.
If by "legalistic" you mean a judgment, then it is only weird from the point of view of your cult. Normal Christianity does believe like the Bible says, that all will face judgment after they die. It is only your cult that does not believe that for the obvious reason of what you are so well demonstrating right now. The same people who brought us the plague of Communism brought your cult as an invented religion for exactly this purpose, which is to create a condition within Christianity where there is no moral compass or even any concern that there is none, so things like murder seem like a good thing, and nothing you will ever be called on for, as far as having any accountability for.

Bible believing Christian Palestinians don't give a hoot if, like I said, they are bible believing.
This is only based on wishful thinking on your part and not reality. The Palestinian Christians have no love for Israel, and you still don't get it that it is only your own little cult which believes that the Jews are somehow the rightful owners of Palestine. Israel does not tolerate Christianity in its midst.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If Palestine wants to claim it for their own and wage Jihad then the bloodshed of both sides are on their own heads.
Creating a hypothetical scenario of violence does not justify the real violence going on against the people who live there and are being driven off incrementally, every day.

Hypothetical?

IMO the criminality in this case lies with those who would usurp authority over the people Israel in an effort to promote their own deity over that of the God of AIJ, the One True and Living God, the Father of us all and Jesus Christ.
Again, you are creating a hypothetical, potential injustice to rationalize a real injustice going on right now, and continuously every minute of every day.

Islam doesn't want peace. For me, this isn't about giving Israel more land but about Islam taking more land away. I'm sorry for the displaced and I wish they could all live together peacefully but I can't Islam's tyranny or your appeal to emotion. One day things will be made right and so believe according to scripture. No more tears, no more sorrow. I long for the day.

You are making people as the enforcers of God, and religion as a bases for justifying criminal behavior.

I wasn't around in 1948 or 1967 and I support Israel in Spirit, not according to their weapons fund.

Judge yourself on how you support Islam.

Israel is not a real legitimate state.

Yes, they are and have been since 1948. You may not think they ought to be but your emotional feelings are irrelevant to the fact of the matter.

This was land stolen first from the Turkish Empire by GB at the end of WW I.

This land was stolen first from Israel by Persia. In that context the rest of what you said is nothing more than an emotional rant.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Maybe you're out trying to liberate the land regardless of scripture but your inferences of what I say and views of scriptural Christianity are what's deluded here; proven time and again.
Being a Christian, my scripture is the New Testament. The Jews are the ones who have the Old Testament as scripture. The Old Testament is put into the Christian Bible as a reference so people can look up the old prophecies about Jesus. It is not in there for Christians to follow. It is just your own cult which thinks any prophecies in the OT, outside of the ones claimed by Christians as being about Jesus, have any sort of relevancy outside of better understanding the terminology used by writers of the NT like Paul.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The world is in fact coming to a boiling point. It doesn't take religiosity or cults or anything of the like to see what is happening on the world political stage.
It is being forced into that state by none other than Israel itself.
No, but it takes a cult to twist it around to being some indication that things are going in the hoped for direction.

My hope is found in the Words of Scripture, rooted in the promises and plan of God as being how He says things will be until we be redeemed that we may have a hopeful expectation being children of light, knowing what is to come to pass, and not children of darkness who walk by sight and not by faith.

According to the Word and the lineage of Jesus all the way to Abraham, and according to the Father's promise to Isaac, the rightful inhabitants are not the Palestinians. And you are wrong about that better opinion statement. Islam feels about Israel the way it feels because of religiosity, not land. You're being willfully ignorant if you deny such a thing.
Apparently you are calling the Old Testament "the Word". The Word is the message that God has given to the inhabitants of Earth, which we know from Jesus through his Apostles, not from the Old Testament, which Jesus saw as something the Jews of his time should have been able to through its prophecies know that he was of God and that they should heed his voice.

If through the OT the people should have known then the OT is "the Word" being inspired in Holy Men by the Holy Spirit of God. You err in not considering all that is held within the pages of the OT as well as the NT although yes yes I know, you don't even believe all of that. I got it.

Jesus never preached a message about ownership of land outside of the concept of the meek inheriting the earth.

So will you please stop with Palestine owns the land then?

Jesus taught against those who would take the kingdom by force.

Because the Kingdom of God cannot be taken by force. It is in us. And when the Bride gets here where Jesus and the Father live, that can't be taken by force either (in case you just felt like arguing) lol

You keep bringing up the name, Islam, as if somehow I am supposed to automatically react in a negative way to these people. They are people and Christianity does not support the idea of hating people based on their religion, or to make crimes against people not of your religion OK.

Here me Dewey. I do not support the killing. I do support zion. I do hate Islam (it is against God and Jesus), and I pity the people enslaved to it. I don't want death, I want life. Good grief Dewey

You keep depersonalizing the injured party by calling the Islam. How about calling them Christians, since a part of the Palestinians are Christians?

The part of Palestinians that are Christians aren't the ones crying about the land being theirs and waging jihad.
They are the ones living in fear that their bibles may be found. God knows of whom I speak even if you do not understand.

I'm not sure how it seems that I'm saying that because I don't profit from war.
You are because built into your cult's dogma is this theory that before Jesus can return, there has to be a rebuilt temple on Mt. Zion, so you benefit by being raptured before you meet a natural death by old age.

You're mad that I long to escape death or that I don't love this life or the material things in it or that I actually believe the scripture I read and put it all in context as if together it will lead me to a deeper understanding of the truth and what is to come to pass? Dewey, get a kjv and read it. Seriously.

I've often said I want peace while you claim the need for Israel to be stricken from the land that is their inheritance but often times I see you being confused because of what you infer and not what is actually written so i guess just be confused.
Your plan for peace is for everyone in Jordan, Palestine, and Lebanon and Syria, to just pack up and leave so prophecy can be fulfilled, where Abraham's descendants will dwell on the land from the Nile to the Euphrates. Your plan would actually reverse the prophecy since the descendants of Abraham already live there but will be replaced by Gog and Magog, the Germans and the Russians.

Your plan for peace is to do to Israel what Israel, of their own volition, are doing the Palestinians? Dog return to his vomit much?

My plan for peace is Jesus. I'm not naive enough to believe peace will be accomplished any other way than his return. Even so Lord, come quickly.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You matter to me and the hatred and anger you harbor matters to me because as my brother in Christ I don't like that your heart is so burdened to the point it is.
Being a real Christian, and not just a member of a cult calling itself Christian, I do not have any hate. Anger is directed to the perpetrators of actual physical crimes against humanity, such as the constant genocide and ethnic cleaning being carried out by the thuggocracy pretending to be a state and calling itself, Israel. I feel an obligation to my fellow man to call for justice to be done on their behalf. People like yourself who make excuses for it lower the morality of the world, and fight against God's will to save the world, and why He sent His son into the world.

He didn't send you into this world to judge Israel or to do to Israel what Israel is doing to Palestine. Let the vengeance go. God knows and he sees and vengeance is his upon those who are really your enemy.

I'm just warning you about what the Father is bringing.
According to your cult's ideology.

According to the KJV.

Look in the mirror and say that
I don't have to since I do not engage in any of those activities. I don't wish the fires from heaven to burn people up. What I do is warn people there is a judgment and you will be held accountable for your actual physical actions.

I wish you could hear yourself. One reply up you are telling me I'm of a false cult because I warned of the wrath that is coming and here you are now saying your just warning of of the judgment.

I don't curse people because they do not believe along a narrowly defined belief system which I just so happen to have myself. The only people I see doing that are the cult members, whether yours, or of some Islamic types.

you're full of bull. You did and it's yourself you're cursing.

Again I say, read scripture and believe God or make him to be a liar and serve the God of your emotion whom you've created to serve yourself and personal feelings.
I would rather follow my own interpretation, trusting in the Spirit, rather than follow a cult's who are feeding on war and death for their own gain.

I agree. But your interpretations aren't built on scripture or even a proper translation of the Word. Dewey, come on!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The Jews could avoid injury by not invading someone else's land. If I have someone breaking into my house to rob me, it is my right to fight that person off, and it is not a crime by me if he gets injured instead of his intended target, who would be myself.
Again, you need to pay attention for a minute because you seem to have a problem focusing when you see something you do not like.

It's not the Palestinians. Accept it or not. You can boo hoo your eyes wanting to kill the jews because (are you a self proclaimed Christian Paelstinian?) or maybe you can pray for the hearts of those who are hurting at the hands of the real evil and give it over God.

It is illegal for a country to invade another country in order to displace the original inhabitants with people brought over from their own country. This is by international law and treaty and the charter of the Unite Nations. What this means is that you can not invade a country and by right of conquest, make the new land, now inhabited by your own transplanted citizens, as part of your original country. So you do not "own" the Land and that land is not part of "you" to claim rights over.

If you want to be political then whatever. Palestine is not the original inhabitants. Like it or not which is again why the UN can't do anything to the original inhabitants, or the descendants of the original inhabitants when they decide to live on their own land. Sheesh. And I'm not saying I support Israel killing the people off.
far from it.

If by "legalistic" you mean a judgment, then it is only weird from the point of view of your cult. Normal Christianity does believe like the Bible says, that all will face judgment after they die. It is only your cult that does not believe that for the obvious reason of what you are so well demonstrating right now.

You're cult may believe that, but bible believing Christians don't. I gave you the verses. Nevertheless be it unto you according to your faith.

The same people who brought us the plague of Communism brought your cult as an invented religion for exactly this purpose, which is to create a condition within Christianity where there is no moral compass or even any concern that there is none, so things like murder seem like a good thing, and nothing you will ever be called on for, as far as having any accountability for.

I gave you scripture for that false belief too. Continue in ignorance though, i know you will. I doesn't help your cult belief if you actually read the Word..

Bible believing Christian Palestinians don't give a hoot if, like I said, they are bible believing.
This i/s only based on wishful thinking on your part and not reality. The Palestinian Christians have no love for Israel,

Perhaps you have no love for Israel but Love is the Christian way. God knows his true followers in heart and in truth. If you want to change Israel, go share Jesus with them. If it is really the Palestinian estranged you care for then go unto them and feed them and nurture them with the love of Christ but your solution of doing unto Israel as they are doing unto the Palestinians is a vicious circle of hateful vengeance and vengeance is not ours..

and you still don't get it that it is only your own little cult which believes that the Jews are somehow the rightful owners of Palestine. Israel does not tolerate Christianity in its midst.

It's in scripture Dewey. I don't know what else to tell you about it or the one feeding you your beliefs. Neither side tolerates us but we don't care because we, in truth, know what our purpose is, to love and share Christ not to exact vengeance based on our feelings and false beliefs that are not scriptural. Cults follow beliefs not in scripture, not the scriptural.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Maybe you're out trying to liberate the land regardless of scripture but your inferences of what I say and views of scriptural Christianity are what's deluded here; proven time and again.
Being a Christian, my scripture is the New Testament. The Jews are the ones who have the Old Testament as scripture. The Old Testament is put into the Christian Bible as a reference so people can look up the old prophecies about Jesus. It is not in there for Christians to follow. It is just your own cult which thinks any prophecies in the OT, outside of the ones claimed by Christians as being about Jesus, have any sort of relevancy outside of better understanding the terminology used by writers of the NT like Paul.

Do Daniel, Ezekiel, or none of the other minor prophets have nothing to say about the end times or is all the OT prophecy regulated to time before Jesus?

Your cult belief tells you one thing but the truth in scripture is far from what you are representing Dewey. Not all parts of the OT are for us now but that doesn't mean it is all irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Do Daniel, Ezekiel, or none of the other minor prophets have nothing to say about the end times or is all the OT prophecy regulated to time before Jesus?
Jesus took the scroll of the Prophets and went to a place in it and read, then said basically he was the fulfillment. End of story as far as prophecies goes. That does not mean that people did not still believe in certain eschatological events at some sort of end or beginning of the age. You see the remnants of those ideas in the New Testament.

Your cult belief tells you one thing but the truth in scripture is far from what you are representing Dewey.
Whatever cult I may have belonged to is not dictating how I interpret scripture. I am influenced by events in my life, there is no way of getting around that, but actual dogmatic type beliefs that I may have gotten from them are not something I feel any obligation to keep without some good reason I can find and verify for myself. My "cult" believed in all this "end of the world" stuff but I let that go once I realized there was no real backing for it and was more from ignorance of the Bible than anything else, that people thought back in the mid nineteenth century.

Not all parts of the OT are for us now but that doesn't mean it is all irrelevant.
Well, not for you, since you are not one of the chosen few with the right genetic background. You are just following a bad religion invented like I said, in a time of ignorance, and some people can't bring themselves to making use of the resources available for understanding the bible.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If you want to be political then whatever.

It's called the law. You don't murder people and steal their land. That is a crime.
You support criminals. so you are just as guilty as if you pulled the trigger to shoot a Palestinian child.
Everyone in the US who is not complaining, and are just sitting their quiet as we give them the bullets, are equally guilty and will have to face a higher authority, God, who is not going to accept lame excuses.
The Jews never lived in Palestine before they came over from Germany, and neither did any of their ancestors. They are just people who read a story book about a place called Judea, and decided they should live there since it is where the name, Jew comes from. There is no more connection than that.
You just keep repeating the same thing, which is just a lie, that somehow they have a claim to the land, and they don't. The people who do have a legitimate claim are the people who have been living there for the last fifteen hundred years and more.

You're cult may believe that, but bible believing Christians don't.
Can you identify the cult you think I belong to, otherwise you are just making that up since there is no such thing as a one person cult. That would defy the definition of a cult. I can identify your cult, which is why I say you are a cult member.
Your cult's fallacy is that only people in their cult, according to them, are real Bible believing Christians, for no other reason than they do not agree with them.

Perhaps you have no love for Israel but Love is the Christian way.
A band of pirates calling themselves Israel does not make them Israel, just like someone calling themselves a Jew does not mean their ancestors lived in Judea. I love the true Israel, which is the church of Jesus.
edit on 19-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I wish you could hear yourself. One reply up you are telling me I'm of a false cult because I warned of the wrath that is coming and here you are now saying your just warning of of the judgment.
Everybody dies, so everyone has the opportunity to face judgement, just like the Bible says.
What you are claiming is the end of the world in order to have a judgment. There is a difference.

He didn't send you into this world to judge Israel or to do to Israel what Israel is doing to Palestine. Let the vengeance go. God knows and he sees and vengeance is his upon those who are really your enemy.
Hello!! it's not Israel, it is a group of people calling themselves Israel. They are common criminals who is our obligation to judge for their crimes.

you're full of bull.
. . . your interpretations aren't built on scripture or even a proper translation of the Word. Dewey, come on!
You don't have any way to actually argue it since all you have is a list of things you are supposed to believe in order to belong to your cult.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Jesus took the scroll of the Prophets and went to a place in it and read, then said basically he was the fulfillment. End of story as far as prophecies goes.

It's the end of the story as far as prophecy of Christ being messiah goes and his first revelation. Read the passage he quoted
And Obadiah, Hosea, and Amos have much to say about Israel becoming a people again, also about end events. They are a short read, you should check them out.

Not all parts of the OT are for us now but that doesn't mean it is all irrelevant.
Well, not for you, since you are not one of the chosen few with the right genetic background. You are just following a bad religion invented like I said, in a time of ignorance, and some people can't bring themselves to making use of the resources available for understanding the bible.
My genetics don't have squat to do with squat as far as I live and die in Christ
. And I'm not the one refusing scripture for the lies of "scholars" according to their "generalities" of what truth is.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

If you want to be political then whatever.

It's called the law. You don't murder people and steal their land. That is a crime.
You support criminals. so you are just as guilty as if you pulled the trigger to shoot a Palestinian child.
Everyone in the US who is not complaining, and are just sitting their quiet as we give them the bullets, are equally guilty and will have to face a higher authority, God, who is not going to accept lame excuses.
The Jews never lived in Palestine before they came over from Germany, and neither did any of their ancestors. They are just people who read a story book about a place called Judea, and decided they should live there since it is where the name, Jew comes from. There is no more connection than that. You just keep repeating the same thing, which is just a lie, that somehow they have a claim to the land, and they don't. The people who do have a legitimate claim are the people who have been living there for the last fifteen hundred years and more

Again, you should really read the minor prophets of Obadiah, Hosea, and Amos if you feel this way but what you aren't doing is relying on scripture for your world view.

You're cult may believe that, but bible believing Christians don't.
Can you identify the cult you think I belong to, otherwise you are just making that up since there is no such thing as a one person cult. That would defy the definition of a cult. I can identify your cult, which is why I say you are a cult member.
Your cult's fallacy is that only people in their cult, according to them, are real Bible believing Christians, for no other reason than they do not agree with them.

I would say the title of this thread sums up the matter pretty closely, i'd only add a small thing: Christian doctrine of men according to personal feelings and experiences vs actually relying on scripture

I rest my case in the sense that it's obvious who here provides scripture and who here believes according to his experiences and feelings.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join