It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doctrines vs scripture

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

if you weren't feeling inadequate and were really confident and at peace then you wouldn't need to be sarcastic or whine about assaults from proselytizing Christians.

I am not feeling inadequate... and I am really confident and at peace....
you people are the ones condemning and judging and ridiculing, not me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

. . . about assaults from proselytizing Christians.

You mean proselytizing cultists who hide behind the good name of Christian which real Christians worked to establish, while you tear down real Christianity under orders from your zionist masters.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The will of the Father for salvation and forgiveness of sin is more explicitly defined in John 3:16 that we believe on His son for eternal life.
If someone would hypothetically not know about Jesus, then God's will would be for that person to come to know Jesus.
Someone who knows Jesus already, then Jesus points that person along a road to proper living.
If that person ignores that direction then they are going against the will of God.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The relationship was never there. Jesus himself says that their hearts were far from him. You neglect the fullness of Jesus Word in the particular scripture you reference. These people thought their works were all they needed apart from giving their hearts to him in faith.
There was a relationship there, evidenced by their working miracles in his name. What was not there was a discipleship relationship, which is one of discipline, and not just the glory aspect of feeding off Jesus.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I just happen to know the Truth, and I repeat that here.

I would suspect that you ran into a cult that suited you by making you feel special, and that one way is by indoctrination you into a "truth" that only your cult knows, and then your assignment is to spread the cult, so as to receive "rewards' in heaven, and brownie points here on earth, in the cult.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Stand where awards are given to participants

This is a claim you got from a blog run by a couple people who have no idea what they are talking about.
There are no Olympic Games in the Bible and you are basing it on one possible, hypothetical use of the word in non-biblical literature, which bears no weight on the matter, and is just the evidence of the lengths you will go to in order to avoid having to face an accounting of your life and the rejection of the spirit of God.
You can have a good time in this life in sin and self delusion but no amount of argument is going to sway God when you do have to face judgment.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

He's aware of Hebraisms. . .

Maybe what you mean is the fanaticism of the Jews who plotted to kill Jesus.
By claiming God as his father, to the Jews, he was equating himself with God.
Turning that around to having it be Jesus claiming to be God is just anti-logic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

That's twisted, Dewey, and evil. Everything you've been accusing me of, you are guilty. All the hatred and anger and false cult belief is entirely yours. We are only stewards, and that of life, made for the love of God unto Him and our neighbors.
What is evil? Not supporting invaders from another continent murdering the inhabitants, stealing their land, then bringing in more of their foreigner compatriots, then stealing more land and killing more of its inhabitants.
So, according to you, supporting such behavior is virtuous and God will reward you for it. Burnt babies are your trophies.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

How do you expect to stand and be judged with a heart that desires your brothers dead all because of something so trivial as who controls a piece of dirt?
When did I say I wanted anyone dead.
What I want dead is this fiction of citizenship to a "state" built on murder and theft. If they want to live in Palestine, they should apply for Palestinian citizenship and the name Israel should go into the dust bin of failed communist projects.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

This piece of fiction doesn't quote that piece of fiction so obviously their not talking about the same fictitious thing . . .
I said Revelation presents a fictionalized version of what judgment will be.
I did not say Paul was a fictional character.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Stand where awards are given to participants

This is a claim you got from a blog run by a couple people who have no idea what they are talking about.
There are no Olympic Games in the Bible and you are basing it on one possible, hypothetical use of the word in non-biblical literature, which bears no weight on the matter, and is just the evidence of the lengths you will go to in order to avoid having to face an accounting of your life and the rejection of the spirit of God.
You can have a good time in this life in sin and self delusion but no amount of argument is going to sway God when you do have to face judgment.

Blue Letter Bible.

You can click the numbers by the words of the plain-text and it will take you to a Greek and Hebrew Lexicon on that site.

Try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

He's aware of Hebraisms. . .

Maybe what you mean is the fanaticism of the Jews who plotted to kill Jesus.
By claiming God as his father, to the Jews, he was equating himself with God.
Turning that around to having it be Jesus claiming to be God is just anti-logic.

I'll take that as a compliment.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Just because baptists and presbyts don't worship in all 7 styles doesn't necessarily mean that they prohibit the worship in all 7 styles.

I left a Reformed Presbyterian church 8 years ago, they prohibit it, and mock and teach against churches that do. Been deprogramming their indoctrination with daily prayer, the grace of the Holy Spirit, and sitting at the foot of the cross ever since.

One confused pastor teaching his unbiblical views doesn't make an entire denomination the world over guilty of what that one pastor preaches. Is there some sort of presbyt creed or explicit written church doctrine whereby to judge between what all presbyts follow and what is one man's private interpretations from the pulpit?

Long ago I attended a church that went through a pastor change when I was about 14. After the adults voted in a new shepherd he began to preach that blacks and whites shouldn't go to church together. Luckily by that time I had read the word for myself and new his teaching weren't scriptural. It is his fault alone because that particular doctrine is not only not in that particular denominations written creed but it's also, again, not in the bible.

I cant criticize all of a denomination for the sake of one wolf in a pulpit. I'm sorry you had to endure such a thing and I'm glad for the Holy Spirit you carry and your witness of the cross.

devalue them either because to say that these denominations prohibit such is what I believe to be a very grave false assumption.

I highly doubt He will be angry with me for defending His Word instead of the tradition of the elders. (Mark 7)

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

One false teacher in the midst doesn't mean an entire denomination believes or prohibits such a thing as worship although the prebyts might. I'm not a presbyt and don't know their creed so I can't judge but I do know for sure Missionary Baptists don't prohibit worship in any form. It is true that we must keep watch for certain wolfs in sheep's clothing who teach the doctrines of men as God's commandment, but too, I haven't found a commandment to worship God in all 7 styles.
edit on 13-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

if you weren't feeling inadequate and were really confident and at peace then you wouldn't need to be sarcastic or whine about assaults from proselytizing Christians.

I am not feeling inadequate... and I am really confident and at peace....
you people are the ones condemning and judging and ridiculing, not me.

Judgment necessitates condemnation. I have not once condemned you but have instead put forth the Word of God whereby you may judge yourself. Your philosophies however? Relativism is garbage. If your identity as a human being is defined by Relativism i.e. "I am Relativism" then that's your fault for believing something so unstable and perverted is worth relying on. Nevertheless, I have judged your philosophies, not you.

I do want to apologize for mocking you. It's just beyond me that a middle aged, confident and at peace woman would cry about assaults from Christian proselytizers. See what I mean about inadequacies? Something is amiss, no? Anyways, I shouldn't have criticized by mocking. I'll try to be better next time.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The will of the Father for salvation and forgiveness of sin is more explicitly defined in John 3:16 that we believe on His son for eternal life.
If someone would hypothetically not know about Jesus, then God's will would be for that person to come to know Jesus.
Someone who knows Jesus already, then Jesus points that person along a road to proper living.
If that person ignores that direction then they are going against the will of God.

But you don't believe such a thing because you don't accept Jesus as messiah, no?

Do you believe it is God's will that the Holy Spirit in us should lead us to hate our brothers unto eradication?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The relationship was never there. Jesus himself says that their hearts were far from him. You neglect the fullness of Jesus Word in the particular scripture you reference. These people thought their works were all they needed apart from giving their hearts to him in faith.
There was a relationship there, evidenced by their working miracles in his name. What was not there was a discipleship relationship, which is one of discipline, and not just the glory aspect of feeding off Jesus.

Nothing I have read would lead me to believe these men whose hearts were far from Christ ever exhibited power through the Holy Spirit, but only of their own devices did they show forth "miracles" in order to gain the praise of men in the subversion of the name of God.

I find such an example to be written of by Matthew in ch 6 v 5 saying, "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

Luke also writes in ch 18 v 9-14, "To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed abouta himself: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That's twisted, Dewey, and evil. Everything you've been accusing me of, you are guilty. All the hatred and anger and false cult belief is entirely yours. We are only stewards, and that of life, made for the love of God unto Him and our neighbors.
What is evil? Not supporting invaders from another continent murdering the inhabitants, stealing their land, then bringing in more of their foreigner compatriots, then stealing more land and killing more of its inhabitants.
So, according to you, supporting such behavior is virtuous and God will reward you for it. Burnt babies are your trophies.

It's arguable who the rightful inheritors of Canaan are, Dewey, but supporting the eradication of a people is warped and twisted and evil. Such desires come from a heart full of hate and this is not our Father's way.

Your fight is an un-winnable one that will only lead to your life and heart being filled with anxiety and hatred and bitterness, and then you'll die like is inevitable for us all and you'll never have allowed your spirit to be filled by the Love of our Father and the freeing power of giving all to Him.

If both sides are hating and killing each other (like they are) then don't be a part of either. Give yourself to our Father in love and truth and you'll have peace in the midst of a world turned to Godlessness and violence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How do you expect to stand and be judged with a heart that desires your brothers dead all because of something so trivial as who controls a piece of dirt?
When did I say I wanted anyone dead.
What I want dead is this fiction of citizenship to a "state" built on murder and theft. If they want to live in Palestine, they should apply for Palestinian citizenship and the name Israel should go into the dust bin of failed communist projects.

So you want the descendant's of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel) evicted from Canaan not eradicated?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This piece of fiction doesn't quote that piece of fiction so obviously their not talking about the same fictitious thing . . .
I said Revelation presents a fictionalized version of what judgment will be.
I did not say Paul was a fictional character.

This is your reply? Did you even read what I wrote?

I stand by my word, Dewey. You're full of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Is there some sort of presbyt creed or explicit written church doctrine whereby to judge between what all presbyts follow and what is one man's private interpretations from the pulpit?

Yeah dude, it was straight creepy now looking back. When they study the Bible they also have a "Westminster Confession of Faith" and a "Greater and Shorter Catechism" to basically interpret it. Reminds me today of what the Scribes and Pharisees did when they read the Tenakh, they interpreted it with the Talmuds. (traditions of the elders) Mark 7.

I always asked mom why she referred to those books when we tried to do a Bible study. They are right on in terms of Soeteriology (Ephesians 2:8-10) and Theology Proper and Christiology, so at least they have saving faith doctrine correct, glory to God. But I had to immediately leave and not come back.

I praise the Lord mom is coming around to see though. And sister has already booked out of there. They deny the baptism of fire of the Holy Spirit as a different thing than the indwelling presence in us all at salvation. That's not Biblical. (2 Timothy 3:5)

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join