It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a pill to kill all your sexual desire, would you take it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Yeah, that's why I started this thread. I am human. But I wish I wasn't human in this way.

Well, thats too bad. You are human. You dont have to have sex, just resist the urges. Hell, you and David up there can get together and not have sex ever(Maybe he will even let you castrate him, hmm?). That's fine as well, I guess. However, sex is a integral part of being human. It always has been.

You make the argument that humans will be more rational. Well, thats boring(and a bit supervillainy). Everything humans do is irrational. Like playing video games? Too bad. Like watching tv? Thats irrational. Like singing in the shower? IRRATIONAL.

Rational humans are boring. Working and standing around all day only taking a break to relieve their bowels and get nutrients. Booooring
edit on 30-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I like lust and sex and everything that goes with it and it feels so darn good i cant imagine not having sex in my life ..I cant see any positive aspects to this thread..So you can have my extra pill to to kill all your sexual desires i will just go on being a energy waster life to me without sex would be unbelievably boring..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

No thank you, I don't want castrating. Is it such a problem that I was intrigued by her ideas? Plus, I did say that I wouldn't completely take it away, I said there should be a pill which takes it away for a certain amount of time by choice and like I said, still sitting on the fance about completely taking it away.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TropicKandie
I would give it to my boyfriend he gets on my nerves about sex and I think he has a sex problem because,he will kick me and throw a fit like a whiny baby if I am too tired to have sex. He really has a problem I think,. I never had a boyfriend like that before. He will scream and cuss me out and call me names. Then stomps around like a kid. Also he grabs me by the legs and throws me on the floor until I decide to just get up and hav sex with him.

Maybe you both have a problem.
Perhaps you should use those legs of yours to walk away.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Wow, you are the one who authored this thread? Nice job. Yeah I feel the same way you do. I like friendship, intelligence, hobbies, stuff like that way more. When it comes to girls, sometimes my sex drive can get in the way of getting to know and love the person for who they are.

I don't think losing a sex drive would get in the way of love.
edit on 30-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well said.

Sex isn't love after all, although some people seem to think it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind it, Sex was mainly intent for reproduction, its "fun" because otherwise no one would do it and that's the end of humanity. Imagine sex being like giving birth or something like that....for both men and women.

I do believe, we will "think" better if we didn't have too many distraction, Sex is a strong distraction, it was meant to be like that, in order for humans to keep on living. I would like to add, if we didn't have strong feeling for someone(romantic) or care for someone(family) we will also make better decision, all these are there to hinder us as well as nurture us.

I would take the pill if i can just have a kid beforehand or... *stares into space* immortality with like a light speed capable starship *shakes heads*..

I see someone else also likes Auron!
edit on 3/30/2012 by luciddream because: added extra reply

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You people are crazy. Also, who IS that handsome man in your avatar?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure I've seen him before...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure I've seen him before...

He doesn't always call in a Tornado to wipe your enemies, but when he does... he throws his Sake bottle at it and makes a FIRE TORNADO!!!
edit on 3/30/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/30/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I went by the understanding that the pill would remove your sexual desire/lust etc not the ability to have children, or did I miss something? I hope not. Removing sexual desire/lust is nothing bad but removing the ability to have children, yes the natural way would be beyond me.

I say keep the ability to have children, throw out the sexual desire/lust cause let's face it, it has nothing to do with love. That's just something that's been ingrained into so many peoples minds IMO. I suppose we all have different views on love though.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

We'd eventually end up being like the "greys" without the capability to reproduce. That would be the end of the human species. Too much of anything is bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Leftist

. You make the argument that humans will be more rational. Well, thats boring(and a bit supervillainy). Everything humans do is irrational. Like playing video games? Too bad. Like watching tv? Thats irrational. Like singing in the shower? IRRATIONAL.

Whoa there with the Irrational stuff!!....I mean if you heard me sing the State Anthem of the USSR in the shower it would make you weep like a little rusky while you're playing MW3

A world without sexual desire...where its only meant for reproduction, would be kinda like that

No thanks, I'd rather kill myself in the off chance that I reincarnate as a dolphin...after all they are the biggest slut in the ocean.
edit on 31-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I was wondering what is up with all the Auron avatars, lol.

Love that game. STill gotta finish it. XD Been a 5 year project, lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Actually oxytocin that is released after an orgams helps couples to bond. Which is why a happy sex life is so important to married couples.
it can have a lot to do with love.

It is also released when a mother is breastfeeding. to strengthen the bond between baby and mother.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I already have, Its called lithium, or any other anmti-depressent

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Originally posted by AaronWilson
As someone that dislikes sex, I most certainly would.

However, only if that pill did not kill romanticism.

Romanticism is also a delusion.

The world has never before needed clear-headedness the way it does now.
edit on 3/27/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

Emotions are your target. Not the actual acts that motivate such emotions.

Without emotions you will have a clearer view on the world never before seen.

Your question has alterior motives and those motives are guided by your personal ethics and morals which is also guided by your emotions.Your train of thought and ideals were compromised as you were typing out your original article.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

I agree, lust causes a lot of issues. Do you still believe in love, Leftist? I think it would be more pure without lust.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I guess I believe in love. There is great love between parents and children, which is obviously different than erotic love. There is love between people who have experienced something difficult together, other examples.

The greeks differentiated between "eros" (romantic love) and "agape" (a purer form of love, like for one's fellow humans as an abstract concept). We should be moving away from eros to agape.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Yeah, I agree. I also think that love earned through friendship and common experiences is really neat too, although once again, lust seriously gets in the way of that. I could use one of those pills right now... I think there could be something to this, lol
edit on 12-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join