It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Slab of Earth's Crust Found Near Core

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I learned about this kind of thing in my geology class this year. The area above it should get a magma plume that will increase the likelyhood of eruptions because the chunk of crust is less dense than the material it is melting in, so as the crust melts it bubbles upwards. Where did they say that this chunk of crust was under?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Originally posted by atlguy
FYI - if true, this information annihilates the theory that oil is a fossil-fuel. The heat of the core would vaporize any sort of hydrocarbons.

Nothing new. There has been research done on this, examples that come to mind are Thomas Gold (who hypothesized that oil is a primordial soup continually being manufactured by the Earth) and the recent Swedish paper.

It does make sense since below is a section from an article published about manufacturing crude from Pig's manure.

PIGS_MANURE_TO_CRUDE_OIL
The thermochemical conversion process uses intense heat and pressure to break down the molecular structure of manure into oil. It’s much like the natural process that turns organic matter into oil over centuries, but in the laboratory the process can take as little as a half-hour.

The key words that I believe are 'PRESSURE' and 'HEAT' to break down the molecular structure of not just manure, but pretty much anything including ores and minerals of the earth's crust and one the byproduct seems to be the crude.

“There is no doubt that our research proves that crude oil and natural gas are generated without the involvement of fossils. All types of bedrock can serve as reservoirs of oil,” says Vladimir Kutcherov, who adds that this is true of land areas that have not yet been prospected for these energy sources. Kitchka says oil may be found in all sorts of geological structures such as volcanic rock or deep-sea thermal vents where companies aren't looking today.
CRUDE_OIL_SOURCES

edit on 27-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I think in all probability the timescales for the crust cycles are probably far longer than needed for the creation of the fossil fuels so under that assumption the fossil fuel theory would still be viable.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

If decomposition were taking place deep within the earth that would be true but since these fuels are forming within the crust it is not any where near as hot. We walk on the planet dont we ?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
reply to post by omegacorps

one question
what instruments are they using to 'see' the core?

ty

Ro

Excellent question Ro. star for you! If they are able to detect a 150 mile long chunk of crust, 1800 miles below the surface, they are using some pretty sophisticated instruments! i dont think it would be too much of a stretch to believe they have the ability to detect where, and when an EQ would occur.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Scientists havent even found a way to penetrate the Mohorovicic discontinuity yet...so there is no way to literally 'see' beyond that into the core. Even studying siesmic waves you can only speculate as to what you're seeing there is no proof or certainty and magnetic studies dont allow scientists to see the core either, only to theorise about what *might* be occuring based on observations of surface magnetic changes....which may not be whats actualy occuring beneath the crust.
shrugs

Ro

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Haarp, satellites, two fat chicks and a tuning fork? im not sure. check it out for us.

i just found it worth sharing.

i was looking for the thickness of utahs crust at the time.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Thanks for that but TMI

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Im not going to do your work for you..you make the assertion you back it up.
Extradordinary claims require extraordinary evidence- Sagan

Ro

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hmmmm....Have we finally discovered the lost continent of atlantis?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney

Originally posted by Rosha

one question
what instruments are they using to 'see' the core?

ty

Ro

Excellent question Ro. star for you! If they are able to detect a 150 mile long chunk of crust, 1800 miles below the surface, they are using some pretty sophisticated instruments! i dont think it would be too much of a stretch to believe they have the ability to detect where, and when an EQ would occur.

And IF they have that type of equipment , why do they spend so much money on Oil, coal, gas, iron ore, copper, gold, diamond exploration i think it is a giant hoax and a pile of BS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join