It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Trayvon Martin...take a look....what MSM won't show you.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Thugs will be thugs,no matter what cause gets them out on the streets.....they really don't know how to act in public.
So don't expect to see peaceful protests, crowds chanting but otherwise behaving. HA. Looting is hardly a word that covers what's going to be happening if this man goes free or is charged with some BS or other.

Hmm, all I see is hundreds of thousands of peaceful protesters in over 50+ cities.

An isolated incident of 100 stupid highschool kids chose to walk out and ransack a store. They're opportunists and clowns, not representative of the exemplary peaceful protests held by Trayvon Martin protesters.

Nice try at demonizing/stereotyping the movement.

edit on 28-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

I am talking about recognising the kid is part of a community. He belongs. When you hurt a member of a family as we all are usually anyway, you hurt the family. Killing that member makes the hurt a whole lot worse. I am not talking about a need for venge. What would be the sense in that? I am talking about recognising this is a crime, and one against the community as a whole.

There are some on this thread who have posted as if the kid was nothing more than a collection of attributes to do with gangs and drugs. Kids play around with those often enough. They don't usually get killed for doing that. There are a lot of other attributes Trayvon had. He was fundamentally a human being, and a very young one. He was also shot by someone who took it upon himself to put himself into the position where he was judge and executioner. Apart from the illegality of the killer's action, there is the pain he caused a whole lot of people that needs to be addressed - legally - civilly. The killer's actions were neither of the last two now were they.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

None of what you takes into the account that witnesses and evidence point to this "poor young boy" beating the crap out of Zimmerman.

If this is true , that Trayvon got the jump on Zimmerman and had the better of him, the law in Florida allows him to defend himself with deadly force and be judge jury and executioner.

I understand a lot of people on here are bleeding hearts, and just won't face the fact that a 17 year old can be violent, even deadly...The law does face it and allows those who encounter them to protect themselves.

The law is black and white it is not emotional, even if you don't like what the law allows it still stands.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Lets consider for a moment the boy did "beat the crap" out of the older guy. Does that make it okay to you to shoot, knife, behead...kill the attacker? Because if it does then you are living in the Wild West, and woosh, that was civilization that just past you by.

The boy might have felt justified in beating on the older guy who it seems was tailing him. The boy might have had a case of road rage or simply felt scared for his life. Am I a bleeding heart? No way. I simply believe leave your guns for hunting game, the kind with horns on their heads, or for the battle field.

You need to ask your self one key question here. Why was Zimmerman packing a piece in the first place?

I've seen the stories where a witness claims the shooter was covered in blood. It doesn't fit with the latest reports.

www.reuters.com...

SANFORD, Florida | Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:33am EDT (Reuters) - The neighborhood watch volunteer who shot dead an unarmed black teenager in Florida appeared uninjured when he was brought into the police station on the night of the shooting, according to a video released by ABC News on Wednesday.

Why the heck does anyone want to defend the right for any joe or jane to carry around a gun and use it whenever they are scared/angry? Why bother courts at all? Why not just join a gang to make sure you are safe amongst the toughest hombres in your street? And then, what would separate you with your gun from young punks with their fists? Morally speaking that is.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

See, you are barking up the wrong tree with me because I defend the 2nd amendment...I don't believe in only letting criminals and military having guns....the constitution gives citizens the right to have guns.

Mr Zimmerman had a concealed carry permit, he is allowed to carry his gun with him at all times for his protection.

The stand your ground law gives him the right to defend himself with deadly force, if he fears for his life, and injuries do not matter.

The law is the law whether you like it or not....that's America, my friend...live with it or leave it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Merci

Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

Couldn't have said it better. Both Democrats and Republicans are eager to steer people into a nice safe discussions about racism playing the liberal game for all its worth promoting social division rather than the real social/political issues the killing reveals. The Democrats are keen to play on the race element for another reason, to help promote Obama's election campaign. The Republicans focus on law and order to play the extremists among the right wing. The media being the shills that they are eagerly churn out the political spin and throw the opportunity for any investigative journalism (long dead anyway among the MSM anyway).

edit on 29-3-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Mr Zimmerman had a concealed carry permit, he is allowed to carry his gun with him at all times for his protection.

You are missing my point. I am not commenting on the legality of being able to carry a gun if that is the law in Florida. The law in the US does not allow to you to shoot someone. There are repercussions. There is procedure.

Do you have children? Have you seen what shooting someone with your gun will do to them, not on TV, I mean up close? There are circumstances where you may have to defend yourself with deadly force, Zimmerman's was not one of them.

If Zimmerman walks on this, then you may well want to get out of America.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

You are not paying attention to the Florida law which does allow you to shoot someone, or stab them or whatever it takes to defend yourself if you feel your life is in danger.

There is no obligation to arrest him if they believe he acted in self defense.

Your post above about the games libs and conserv. play was very good...but then you use the lib trick on me and I don't fall for it..trying to pull at my heartstrings about my kids doesn't change my mind.

I feel if every law abiding adult is a trained gun owner, you would have alot less punks running around beating people up because they asked them a question.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I feel if every law abiding adult is a trained gun owner, you would have alot less punks running around beating people up because they asked them a question.

Sorry, I get "u2u flood control is in effect"...

I guess I will have to come to grips with the labels. Obviously I am going to have to address where I am coming from here. You need to know a few things about me. I am not a liberal. Read again, I am not a liberal. I am a conservative. My position is everyone has a right to be here, but must recognise also they are part of a community. There are rules, and sometimes and always they are going to face the fact those rules are there for the good of everyone so that we don't walk all over each other. Even wild animals have rules. Believe it or not.

I do not live in America. I hunt wild animals. I have no problem with a gun per se. I just don't like knowing they get used on people.

I believe the right to own a gun is written into the American constitution, which is otherwise one of the most powerfully human documents ever written.

People are not wild animals. They may sometimes behave like them but the moment we start treating them that way - because we get brutalised in some of our occupations then that is the moment we become a wild animal ourselves, and no better and a lot worse - because (usually) we share the ability to reason.

I don't like it when we start reducing human beings to a bunch of stereotypes. That is going on in threads about this kid. Two things there. First up, but falling for the racism bull# we get sucked into a LIBERAL political agenda intended to divide us. The only real divide in America and elsewhere is economic, that is the fundamental divide before all others. Other than that, we are all human beings. Cut us and we bleed red, all of us. Second, by doing this bit of BS reduction we are in denial. We don't recognise we are all, black, white, brown, yellow, all living in the same world and in the end the same rules apply to us all, eventually.

Sometimes in different specific kinds of occupations, involving guns to be used on people, particularly in the military, you are faced with people who want to harm you. But that's the game you are in. The reason you carry the gun for shooting at people - not wild animals. You know it when you join up. You learn to use the gun on people, you justify it and keep a hold of your sanity by looking at some people as less than human. But that is because you chose to do that job you put yourself in that situation where you need to, have to use a gun on people.

But it never ever makes it right. As professionals privileged with the right to carry a gun we must shoot people - who intend to shoot us - in a war, to stay alive. We maybe shoot people on the street to keep the peace if they are going to shoot us or joe/jane public. Zimmerman was not a policeman. He wanted to be. He didn't get past the gatekeeper. The fact he is walking around without having been hauled in to face some kind of trial demonstrates something is bad wrong with the system in Florida. In America.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.nbcchicago.com...[/url]

So the martin's Lawyer just admitted they just want an arrest.

Just want an arrest is not the same thing as "justice"

One minute they say they want an investigation and "justice".

The next they say they just want an arrest and a conviction.

Don't worry about evidence or anything silly like that just demand an arrest. If there is nothing to be arrested for you can't just arrest people and send them to trial just to make people feel better.
edit on 29-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

152 pages of tweets from "no limit you know who"...

Warning......explicit!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Your link from the Daily Caller is dated 3/26

dailycaller.com...

This link from Gawker is dated 3/29.

The title of the article is:

White Supremacist Hacks Trayvon Martin’s Email Account, Leaks Messages Online

A slide titled "Trayvon Martin Used Marijuana Habitually," features an exchange between Trayvon and a friend about getting high. Another slide, "Trayvon Martin was a Drug Dealer" features Facebook messages and photos that supposedly prove Martin dealt drugs, including a picture of Martin posing "aggressively with a large amount of cash in his hand." It's impossible to verify the hacked messages' authenticity—like other anti-Trayvon Martin propaganda, they're probably a mix of real and fake content— but they are now being passed around as gospel among the racist underbelly of the internet, including message boards like the neo-Nazi hive Stormfront, which Klanklannon apparently frequents.

Klanklannon is the guy who hacked the account.

gawker.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

There is an update on The Daily Caller link as of 3/29 and a second twitter account, which was only active for 1 month in 2010 or 11. The ones the caller have don't look fake 152 pages of updates, the ad sites he subscribed to, friends pictures...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Well you can try. But when people go all out to smear a dead kid you got to know it is not worth the effort. Their minds are shut tight as a...insert your own favorite metaphor there.

Anyone with a teenager knows they probably likely to fool with the demon weed. If they are male they are likely to address each other with gangster type vocs. What does it mean. Nothing. They are young and they want to be tough, they want to impress their peers. It is the kind of language meant for each other. They can still be great kids.

The pity is now the people can hack into private phone conversations, can put out any old garbage they like about someone to smear them, using the target's pictures. And the smear can stick. Put on a dead kid?

These people out to smear someone now dead and gone are worse than pitiful they are sorry excuses for human beings. Probably said too much but that's how I feel.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I am trying to give Zimmerman (innocent until proven guilty) the same treatment the press is giving Trayvon.

No need to visit my thread if your mind is made up.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Her is an examination of the supposed racial slur..there are many more examples and they allconclude the same thing...He did not say c**ns....there is nothing close to an "oo" sound.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by JBA2848

A rash of burglaries?
Heres some info from the Sanford PD themselves.
There was only two in the area this year.

crimereports.com...

Wrong Sanford. You linked crime statistics in Sanford, Maine rather than Sanford, Florida.

Big difference....

Sanford Florida crime rates

With a crime rate of 69 per one thousand residents, Sanford has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within Florida, more than 94% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Sanford.

Separately, it is always interesting and important to compare a city's crime rate with those of similarly sized communities - a fair comparison as larger cities tend to have more crime. NeighborhoodScout has done just that. With a population of 53,570, Sanford has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size. Regardless of whether Sanford does well or poorly compared to all other cities and towns in the US of all sizes, compared to places with a similar population, it fares badly. Few other communities of this size have a crime rate as high as Sanford.

The crime data that NeighborhoodScout used for this analysis are the seven offenses from the uniform crime reports, collected by the FBI from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies, and include both violent and property crimes, combined.

Now let us turn to take a look at how Sanford does for violent crimes specifically, and then how it does for property crimes. This is important because the overall crime rate can be further illuminated by understanding if violent crime or property crimes (or both) are the major contributors to the general rate of crime in Sanford.

For Sanford, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included forcible rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Sanford is one in 150.

In addition, NeighborhoodScout found that a lot of the crime that takes place in Sanford is property crime. Property crimes that are tracked for this analysis are burglary, larceny over fifty dollars, motor vehicle theft, and arson. In Sanford, your chance of becoming a victim of a property crime is one in 16, which is a rate of 63 per one thousand population.

You can type in sanford twin lakes for the search of the site I had posted originally. The data on that site was deleted. And im not sure why it was redirected to Sanford Maine? The data was from Sanford Florida. Here is a new site crime mapping which shows the original data. The link is long and might not work. But it shows the two break ins in the area this year as I quoted the post I made for recall.

www.crimemapping.com...,3349188.9752139454&z=16&mc=ve_roads&cc=AR,AS,BU,DP,DR,DU,FR,HO,VT,RO,SX,TH,VA,VB,WE&db=1/01 /2012&de=4/01/2012

Heres the data.

Crime report for 1/1/2012 - 4/1/201230 crimes found.

Paste link in Email or IM X
To copy: CTRL + C, Command + C, or right-click and choose "Copy"
Click a crime to "Map It."
Type: Description: Case #: Location: Agency: Date:

ASSAULT (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) 201250001758 1400 BLOCK RETREAT VIEW CIRCLE SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/28/2012 08:00 AM
FRAUD (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250001809 8200 BLOCK SANDYWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/20/2012 12:00 AM
THEFT/LARCENY (DEPT/DISCOUNT STORE ) 201250001489 1300 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/16/2012 04:14 PM
MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT (OTHER ) 201250001578 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/13/2012 12:00 AM
THEFT/LARCENY (DEPT/DISCOUNT STORE ) 201250001426 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/12/2012 07:50 PM
THEFT/LARCENY (DEPT/DISCOUNT STORE ) 201250001376 1300 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/10/2012 09:43 PM
THEFT/LARCENY (DEPT/DISCOUNT STORE ) 201250001371 1300 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 3/10/2012 04:07 PM
VANDALISM (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) 201250001235 900 BLOCK ARBOR LAKES CIR SANFORD FL 3277 Sanford Police 3/2/2012 05:30 PM
FRAUD (DEPT/DISCOUNT STORE ) 201250001133 100 BLOCK QUEENS CT SANFORD FL 3277 Sanford Police 2/26/2012 12:58 PM
ASSAULT (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250001050 3300 BLOCK TWINWOOD TRC SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/22/2012 12:00 AM
FRAUD (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250001027 14200 BLOCK MILLWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/21/2012 12:30 PM
VANDALISM (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) 201250000951 1200 BLOCK RETREAT VIEW CIR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/14/2012 12:00 AM
ASSAULT (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) 201250000754 100 BLOCK LAMPLIGHTER DR SANFORD FL 3277 Sanford Police 2/7/2012 03:00 PM
ASSAULT (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000751 15000 BLOCK MILLWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/7/2012 12:30 PM
THEFT/LARCENY (STORAGE ) 201250000746 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/7/2012 08:00 AM
BURGLARY (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) 201250000725 1500 BLOCK RETREAT VIEW CIR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 2/6/2012 12:30 PM
FRAUD (MOTOR VEHICLE ) 201250000586 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD Sanford Police 1/29/2012 11:36 AM
THEFT/LARCENY (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000517 16200 BLOCK PLANTATION LAKES CIR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/27/2012 07:15 PM
DRUGS/ALCOHOL VIOLATIONS (HIGHWAY/ROADWAY ) 201250000471 OREGON AVE & RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/25/2012 02:05 AM
THEFT/LARCENY (RESIDENCE-OTHER ) 201250000485 OREGON AVE & TWIN TREES LN SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/24/2012 12:00 AM
FRAUD (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000454 17100 BLOCK PLANTATION LAKES CIR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/23/2012 11:00 PM
ASSAULT (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000367 8100 BLOCK SANDYWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/19/2012 08:14 PM
ASSAULT (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000310 15200 BLOCK PLANTATION LAKES CIR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/16/2012 09:00 PM
BURGLARY (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000298 15200 BLOCK MILLWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/16/2012 02:35 PM
VEHICLE BREAK-IN/THEFT (OTHER ) 201250000674 1300 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/13/2012 09:00 AM
SEX CRIMES (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000193 15300 BLOCK MILLWOOD DR SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/10/2012 12:00 PM
FRAUD (COMMERCIAL/OFFICE BLDG ) 201250001123 900 BLOCK TOWNE CENTER BLVD. SANFORD FL 3277 Sanford Police 1/10/2012 08:00 AM
VANDALISM (APARTMENT/CONDO ) 201250000196 3200 BLOCK TWIN WOOD TRACE SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/9/2012 09:00 PM
THEFT/LARCENY (GAS STATION ) 201250000194 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/7/2012 05:00 PM
VEHICLE BREAK-IN/THEFT (COMMERCIAL/OFFICE BLDG ) 201250000364 1100 BLOCK RINEHART RD SANFORD FL 32771 Sanford Police 1/1/2012 12:00 AM

edit on 1-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The alleged bar fight Zimmerman was in with a police officer should really be examined....turns out the officer was off duty drinking at a bar and got in a fight with a homeless blackman who was also at the bar, giving the black man a concussion..Zimmerman came to his aid and also took it to the NAACP...the officer was never arrested.

The alleged bar fight Zimmerman was in with a police officer should really be examined....turns out the officer was off duty drinking at a bar and got in a fight with a homeless blackman who was also at the bar, giving the black man a concussion..Zimmerman came to his aid and also took it to the NAACP...the officer was never arrested. George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller. In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white. TheDC has confirmed the identity of the Zimmerman family member who wrote the letter but is withholding that person’s specific identity out of concern for the family’s safety. On Dec. 4, 2010, Justin Collison, the son of Sanford Police Department Lt. Chris Collison, was involved in a bar fight at The Wet Spot bar in Sanford. During the fight, which moved from indoors to outdoors, the younger Collison struck Ware. Ware suffered a concussion, and paramedics took him to the hospital shortly after police arrived on the scene. Collison was not arrested or charged, even though an onlooker had video evidence of his actions. No arrest was made and no action taken for weeks. Documents and emails now show police officers and officials from the office of the State Attorney operated with extreme caution because Collison’s father was a high-ranking law enforcement officer. Read more: dailycaller.com... n00

edit on 4-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

The info from his twitter account.

edit on 26-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

His twitter moniker has been linked to the Florida
Black Foot soldiers....the perpetrators of black on white violence...
Can anyone confirm this?

Pic going back up found his my space page and that pic is right next to the ones the media is showing...last activity on his site looks like 2010. You can see his friends pictures with gang signs also..

www.wagist.com...

www.myspace.com...

Timetothink, what I gained from your post is that pictures of tattoos on a dark skinned male scares you.
In the "gang signs photo" could you please tell me what gang sign was being used? Or did you just make that up. Because I have similar photos and I happen to not be a part of any gang. Actually, I know some 9 year olds with photos like that. I suppose they are part of a street gang as well.

Trayvon has several tatoos! MY GOD.
Trayvon has a picture of him with two other black Americans! OH MY GOD.
Trayvon has twitter feeds from friends alleging that he swung on a driver (Trayvons friends are telling the truth? How do you know? Confirmed by whom... you?)

Trayvon was found with a empty plastic bag with weed (residue) HOLY CRAP.

Those things are supposed to make me devalue Trayvon? Influence me on a man I never knew?

And all of this "evidence" is supposed to make me feel better over a teenage kid being shot by an over zealous neighborhood watchman who was armed with a 9mm with a criminal history of violent offenses- Even against a police officer.

Time, I'd be happy to talk with you in detail. However I know you are just trying to catch post and further your agenda.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeirdFuture77
If Zimmerman is proven not guilty there is gonna be a major backlash from the black community. You may see riots, etc. It is a shame that many times racism is perpetuated by the actual "victims" on purpose for reasons of entitlement.

The same outrage that happened with this case?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Your opinion is not fact.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join