It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by MrWendal

The charges for an unknown reason were dropped.

Forgive me for not posting this sooner, I wasnt aware the thread did not have this info.

In reality, Zimmerman had been arrested in 2005 at a UCF-area bar and charged with resisting arrest without violence. He completed a pretrial-diversion program, meaning the case was officially dropped, and he wound up with no conviction on his record.

www.chicagotribune.com...

The charges were dropped because Zimmerman specifically completed a program to get the charges dropped.

I got pinched for a DUI about 15 years ago. I was allowed to complete a pre-trial diversion program as well and the charges were subsequently dropped. But that doesn't mean that they hadn't previously caught me driving under the influence.
. Same as it doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't get in some kind of beef with a LEO.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
TREYVON WAS a 17 year old KID!! a f%$# kid! I am 5 foot 11 142 lbs and have not be scared by a seventeen year old kid since I was about...wait for it...17! ZimmerbitchDoche was 250 lbs! get the hell out of town he was afraid for his life... It seems you forgot the some unarmed kid(that you don't even know) regardless of any other reason is not going to get to have a life. Not going to get to see his child born, not going to give his daughter away to a worthy man! If you think Zimmerman should be any where other the jail, you are a racist narrow-minded sheep. It is funny how the people that think the "world" is sleeping, are in fact the very sleepers that are holding back humanity...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

I got pinched for a DUI about 15 years ago. I was allowed to complete a pre-trial diversion program as well and the charges were subsequently dropped. But that doesn't mean that they hadn't previously caught me driving under the influence. . Same as it doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't get in some kind of beef with a LEO.

Wendal was just confused about why the charges were dropped. I was just telling him.

Either way its irrelevant since, due to the facts presented, Zimmerman was at fault and committed murder.
edit on 24-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by R4inM4n

I will follow you here and say the same thing..he was a 6'3" 17 year old...what does that have to do with anything...how many kids are in jail for killing, raping etc....Him being 17 has nothing to do with whether he was a danger or not...and Zimmerman didn't know how old or young he was...he was a big "guy" who dodn't belong in the neighborhood he was trying to protect.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

sure they do.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

he was a big "guy" who dodn't belong in the neighborhood he was trying to protect.

What DO you mean? Name one thing that Zimmerman observed that was in need of protection? NOTHING. NO crime was happening and no one was in immediate danger. Martin was walking down the street, that is it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Try and stick to the facts people.

There is no evidence that Zimmerman approached Trayvon, or even continued to pursue him after the initial call to the police.

Yes, anyone has the right to ask you what you are doing, especially when walking through a gated community at night.

You can tell them to FO if you want.

BUT you do not have the right to physically assault someone because you don't like them asking you questions, and if you do physically assault someone because you don't like them asking you questions, and you wind up getting your behind kicked, or dead, then it is your own fault.

In this case, Trayvon was a guest in a gated community, walking after dark, followed at least some distance. Had Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, Trayvon should have done the reasonable, intelligent, and polite thing, and told Zimmerman that we was going to his father's girlfriend's house. That would have been the end of the conversation, and Trayvon would still be alive.

Fact, reported by the police, Zimmerman had physical injuries showing that he had been physically assaulted.

Too bad no one had ever taught Trayvon that the smart thing to do in a situation like this is be polite and cooperative. If Zimmerman had been rude, the smart thing is to call him on it, "Why are you being rude?"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

It doesn't even matter if Trayvon and Zimmerman had a scuffle after Zimmerman chased him down.

Once Zimmerman revealed his weapon and the boy was screaming for help, Zimmerman was no longer in danger of his life and had absolutely no reason to pull the trigger. He could have stepped back a couple of feet and told the boy, "Don't move or I will shoot you. The police are coming and will sort this out.".

That's what sane and rational people do, especially when you are surrounded by houses full of people. Also, why did he need to shoot him in the chest? Why not the thigh? He was in close enough proximity to at least TRY and deliver a non-fatal shot.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

If Zimmerman had approached Trayvon with his gun out, then how did Zimmerman get knocked down and punched in the face? How did Trayvon wind up on top of him as the eye witness account states? It was Zimmerman crying for help.

You are making major assumptions, and completely ignoring the facts.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Chalupas

Well first question was he on the phone with the Cops the "whole" time he was following Martin?

Secondly, if the above is true can the police give the authority to a citizen to actively follow a suspect?

But I guess that second question is moot, due to the fact that the dispatcher told Zimmerman that he was not to follow the suspect. And I would believe a dispatcher is knowledgeable enough to know whether or not it is OK for a private citizen to initiate a police investigation.

So therefore Zimmerman is guilty of stalking and harassment. And possibly interfering with a police investigation.

It is called CITIZENS ARREST! The only difference between a Police Arrest is that if the Police arrest the wrong person, they can't be sued into oblivion. In-fact, Police Officers derive their right to arrest from Citizens Arrest.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
In this case, Trayvon was a guest in a gated community, walking after dark, followed at least some distance. Had Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, Trayvon should have done the reasonable, intelligent, and polite thing, and told Zimmerman that we was going to his father's girlfriend's house. That would have been the end of the conversation, and Trayvon would still be alive.

FACT: Had George Zimmerman taken the advice of the 911 operator who said for him not to follow Treyvon the cops would have caught up to Martin and asked him why he was there and he would have identified them as police and told them that he was returning to his father's girlfriends house and Trayvon would still be alive...

Fact is George Zimmerman referred to Martin as a "f*cking coon", or to complete the statement, "these f*cking coons always get away"

source: www.theblaze.com...

In Zimmerman's mind, Trayvon was getting away and he was going to make sure this one wasn't going to get away so he pursued.

Fact Zimmerman hung up the call after he decided to pursue. Why did he do that? Because he did not want them to know what he was going to do next. If not, he would have stayed on the phone with 911 during the entire incident, and this case wouldn't be shrouded with so many mysteries, speculation (I admit I added my own), and half truths.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by AwakeinNM

NO ONE on here knows what happened

We know an adult was following a "coon", Zimmerman's own words, because he was walking while black.

We know that an unarmed kid was shot dead by an adult male who made it his job to chase down this dangerous criminal who was armed with skittles.

And we know that a lot of racism still exist in America....we knwo a lot actually.

You've simply reinforced my point. You are doing exactly what the press is doing right now - making wild assumptions that serve to inflame the situation by injecting charges of racism into it, when the truth is you DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. You think you do because everyone is racist in this country (except you and yours, of course) and this is the only thing that COULD have happened because everyone is racist. Am I right? If it were two Mexicans, this story wouldn't get ANY air whatsoever.

So what are you going to say for yourself when the detectives say that Zimmerman was in fact defending himself? Are you going to clam up about it like the press will? Never admit when you're wrong..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Martin was not on private property and there was no neighborhood watch captain involved.

Just curious, why do you think gated communities exist?

Why do you suppose that they have gates?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
It is called CITIZENS ARREST! The only difference between a Police Arrest is that if the Police arrest the wrong person, they can't be sued into oblivion. In-fact, Police Officers derive their right to arrest from Citizens Arrest.

Wait wait wait... Let me get this straight. If I decide walk to the convenience store down the street from my house on my way back, in my own neighborhood, I'm black by the way, at this hour 1:38 am EST and a neighborhood watch goon decides to follow me because I am "suspicious"; I'm subject to not only police arrest, I am subject for the watch "captain" to arrest me...

It's OK for someone who feels threatened to shoot someone under the stand your ground law who happens to be the clear aggressor, but it's not OK for someone to also feels threatened and being followed (playing devil's advocate here) to jump the person following them in the dead night without identifying themselves?

Seriously people think...
edit on 25-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Your facts are wrong.

There is no evidence that Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon.

I don't hear the "coon statement at all, and I listened to the referenced part of the recording.

You have no idea what was going on in Zimmerman's mind.

You ignore the physical evidence that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by AwakeinNM

NO ONE on here knows what happened

We know an adult was following a "coon", Zimmerman's own words, because he was walking while black.

We know that an unarmed kid was shot dead by an adult male who made it his job to chase down this dangerous criminal who was armed with skittles.

And we know that a lot of racism still exist in America....we knwo a lot actually.

Why don't guys like you ever get outraged about the Mexican vs Black race wars that have been going on in LA for years? For that matter, why are so many of you trying to make this Zimmerman guy "white", when he clearly isn't? And another thing, why don't I see this outrage when white people are assaulted or even killed for racial reasons? I didn't see anything on ATS about the white kid who was burned alive for being white.

This is just another glaring example of the left's double standards and oozing white guilt.

Uh, I'm sorry. Could you please point out where I said that Zimmerman is white? Could you please also explain to all of us how you came to the conclusion that I am not outraged? You are making some pretty huge assumptions, jack. And they are wrong.

Tell us - why doesn't anyone even HEAR about Mexican v. black violence in L.A.? I'll tell you why. Because it is of no consequence to the liberal media's and their masters' agenda. They do not care, so we never hear about it. Same with white people getting assaulted and killed - that does not fit the media's definition of "racism" so they do not report it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with them. Don't blame me for that

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Wait wait wait... Let me get this straight. If I decide walk to the convenience store down the street from my house on my way back, in my own neighborhood, I'm black by the way, at this hour 1:38 am EST and a neighborhood watch good decides to follow me because I am "suspicious"; I'm subject to not only police arrest, I am subject for the watch "captain" to arrest me...

You don't have it straight.
-It happened at 7:17 pm from all that I have gathered.
-Martin's home is 250 miles away from the place where he was killed.

It is tough getting all this straight, because even MSM reporting is all over the place with conflicting reports, then you have people adding to the story with their own suppositions. We really should tread carefully.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You ignore the physical evidence that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

Because Zimmerman was probably persuing him. Had Zimmerman stayed put and left this to the real police, none of this would have happened. This kid was unarmed walking through, he broke no laws, Zimmerman had no right to stop him for anything and he had no reason to persue him in the first place. Thanks to his actions, he's exposed himself to the rest of the country which his and his alone to take responsibility for. You make poor decisions in public, you account for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

There is no evidence that Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon.

Really no evidence?

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

source: abcnews.com

I guess she's making the entire thing up? Zimmerman's account is the only facts we have to go on correct? We'll find out soon enough as she's going to testify in the case.

Another eye witness account. Evidently there was a scuffle between the two. Zimmerman was in his car when he was on the phone with the 911 operator. You can clearly hear him getting out of the car and shutting the door at the end of the call before hanging up. I guess Treyvon magically assaulted Zimmerman inside of his car where he was waiting for the police to arrive and wound up on the grass shot once in the chest..

edit on 25-3-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join