It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair/Eye color correlation with extra sensory perception

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

You're not spamming!

Thank you for the affirmation...seriously, my deepest fear has always been that I may be unacceptable in the eyes of the Lord due to these "abilities". I have tried to be as good and kind and helpful and loving to my fellow man/woman as I can humanly be...I don't want to be special, I just want to be a good person.

Edit: I missed your first post. I get the same thing constantly...little flashes, little feelings. Then there are some people that seem like they're shouting what they're thinking and feeling and it's more like I get a huge flash and a huge feeling. For a long time, I tried to convince myself it wasn't real and I must have a crazy family and inherited the craziness...I am the only one who has ever made me think I was a freak or crazy. Oddly, everyone who has ever known or experienced what I can do has accepted it and never judged me or thought I was weird...I've been the only one judging myself and condemning myself. It seems like the more I judge and condemn myself and the more I try to turn off my extra senses, my luck goes all to Hell...I'm a very charismatic person, I've always been THE social butterfly about town, so I've never had any shortage of friends but no matter how many friends I have or how smart or pretty I am, it seems like my life starts to go badly the moment I try to numb these senses. I guess I'm my own worst enemy.
edit on 1/18/2013 by jcutler12888 because: Additional info

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

You may be on to something here. Believe me. I have reddish blond hair and blue green eyes and my brother and sister both have red hair and blue eyes. My brother looks like Dexter Morgan in the TV series! We have a lot of English and Irish ancesters.
Years ago I dreamt about the death of my girlfriend in a car accident.The accident happened exactly as I dreamt it. I will never get over this. If you ever have strong premonitions about things for g*d sakes take it seriously as I believe someone or something is trying to warn you. I don't know about esp but premonitions are definately real. Sorry to put a downer on anyone with my sad story.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

God made you, God knows you (better than you know yourself) and he loves you. If things you see, or feel, scare you - just give it to God. That's what I've learned to do. "God, I'm giving this to you. I don't know what you want me to do with it. Jesus is my savior."

I'm the only green eyed person in my family, second child of three, have had experiences in the paranormal, believe it is satanic, and that satan is a liar. I am not a prude, have been around the block a few times, am educated (psychiatric nurse for 30 years).

I've learned to use my "empthatic" abilities for the good of others ( no kind of "parlor tricks") and would trade it all for the ability to carry a tune. I can't sing worth a damn.

We're all different, but special.

For the OP - I wonder if birth placement would be more meaningful in looking at "psychic abilities". It might seem that people who grew up as the middle, or in-between, and were left to their own devices, would be more able to develope any psychic abilities than others?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpy64

You're not a downer. I agree with you about the premonitions. I'm only 24, but I have already been married, My ex-husband was my high school sweetheart, he was a couple of years older than me and we got married as soon as I turned 18. He became mentally ill and started to drink excessively, and became extremely abusive towards me. I left him (I literally had to run away, in secret) when I was 21 and filed for divorce. I had been away from him for about eight months and I couldn't wait for the finalization of the divorce, but one night I had a dream of him being in my apartment (which I had gone into hiding in to escape him) and beating me more viciously than ever before. When I woke up, I tried to rationalize that even though I usually had flashback dreams and this one had been different in that the setting of the dream had been in the apartment, and the dream felt urgent and so real, that it was just my imagination and that fear was getting the best of me and I just had the divorce on my mind so much that my imagination was running wild. I was so unsettled but I just tried to shrug it off. Three weeks later, he drunkenly kicked in my door in the middle of the night (he had tracked me down somehow), and tried to kill me and himself. He beat me for what felt like forever until I was black and blue from head to toe and had two concussions and bruising to the frontal lobe of my brain which made me fall into a two week coma, then jumped from a third story window to try to kill himself and ended up breaking his spine. Luckily, a neighbor heard me screaming and called 911, because if the paramedics hadn't gotten to me when they did, I would have died. Every detail that I remember from that night was literally identical to my dream. I wish I would have listened to myself, trusted myself, not tried to shut off my senses...if I would've believed in myself and my abilities and that premonition, I could've avoided the real nightmare that was that night and saved myself from being so grievously injured,

You're absolutely right...if you have a premonition, don't ignore it or write it off. Pay attention to it, you're having it for a reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I was beaten nearly to death when I was 24 years old and was in a coma for 10 days. I am 49 years old now. You will be able to live through this. If your life is hard at times, and you just want to die, and wish you had, don't give up hope. It's like the Stockholm survivor's "guilt", God kept you alive for a reason. He isn't done with you yet, and he loves you and he needs you to be here on Earth for now. Please, don't forget that. Even in the worst of times, remember, we all have bad times.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Happy1 because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Thank you.
You know, growing up down here in the Bible Belt and between a Baptist and a Catholic, that's exactly what I learned to do...give it all to God and let Him show me the way. One of my favorite sayings that I've always used to try to make myself feel better about all this is "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you"...I use it like my own personal mantra. I think my already bad self-esteem concerning my relationship with God was made worse by my ex-husband, who regularly told me God didn't hear my prayers and that I wasn't saved. I knew it was a lie but still...when you hear bad things, no matter how strong you are, sometimes they burrow their way into your subconscious and just eat at you.

I am a fantastic singer, I'll share my skill if you'll take some of these senses with it, LOL.

I think that there's definitely something to your theory about being left to your own devices and developing something extra to compensate for having to do it all on your own. I am extremely blessed...I grew up in a wealthy family, I was afforded every privilege in the world, and God made me beautiful and intelligent and gave me talents ranging from singing and acting and dancing and drawing and playing the violin, etc. My parents were a bit self-absorbed and weren't always around so I kind of developed my personality and raised myself (to a degree) on my own and I think that going through life and taking it all on your own definitely makes one try harder and achieve more and develop talents and abilities that others wouldn't. I'm now in my second year of law school, I've been an overachiever my whole life and made it my priority to be top of the class, I speak French and know Latin, I have modeled and been in stage productions of plays and ballet, and I have been so blessed to have been given the talent and ability to do all of these things...but I accomplished them alone and my heightened level of achievements somewhat mirror my heightened senses, I think everything was sharpened and heightened because I was left to my own devices. Also, I was born in a city that sits on a ley line and has a long history of hoodoo and the paranormal/supernatural, which I think magnified all of my extra senses. I believe there's definitely something to your theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have been throwing around in mind a similar hypothesis for a while now.

Here's my take on it-
I have noticed a correlation also, between blond hair/blue eyes, and heightened sensitivity.
In my family there is a clear difference, and it became striking to me when I moved to a mediterranean area, where blue eyed blonds like me are rare. They seemed to have much less sensitivity in terms of more subtle emotions.
Some of our doctor friends have told us that there is a big difference in the skin and nerves of people with lighter skin/blond hair/blue eyes, and those with darker skin, hair and eyes.

That in delivering babies, for example, they take this into account right away, considering that blonds usually need to have an episiotomy, because their skin is more likely to tear and they will be experience more pain. One doctor friend said he finds repeatedly that having more sensitive skin correlates with women that also have a personality that is very sensitive, vulnerable, emotional...

This makes me wonder if having "a thick skin" indicates both its metaphoric and literal meaning together! How much of our personality is actually formed according to our physical traits and characteristics?
It maks sense that the more vulnerable you are to pain, the more you might develop ways of trying to "see ahead" or sense where possible threats may lie.... in the future, in the darkness, in the shadows of mind.

See, my tentative hypothesis is that more physically sensitive people, (with lighter hair and eyes) might develop more their extra sensory abilities, because of this physical trait- just as an extension of their survival instincts.

I haven't been able to find much in the way of studies to back that up though.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Accept this as having the eye color you have,or an allergy,eg you can't eat nuts,or you have a hairy chest/no chest hair/early balding etc.Its just a thing some people have.You must please.please,try to accept it,even if it's hard.Im not a Christian,yet i have a relationship with Yahushua.Im most defo not gonna get into a discussion about religion,your thread is not about that-but the facility you have-do Not be ashamed of it.There is no need for that,and believe me,please believe me,it's not something to be afraid of,though it may be disconcerting at times.

Another example: I got a sure knowing one evening that an unwelcome person was gonna pich up at our house the next day,and told the husband so.Now this is not someone we even know personally,and i did'nt have any reason to expect an imminent visit.YET-i just got the flash they'll be coming.The person came to my house the next day,and their element of surprise was gone.

You were given this,there's absolutely nada you can do about it-use it to help you.As i said before,life is sharp like needles-use all available help at your disposal.Embrace it-and if i can give you further advice-DO NOT ANY ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET YOUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND FELLOW CHURCHPEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS.
The vast majority will tell you that you need deliverance from demons.And i dont think the Oxford dictionary even have a word for how ridiculous that is

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I lived through it, and I have no guilt. Life WAS hard with him, and for a while after him. But now, a few years out of it, things are so much better and life is beautiful. I'm engaged to a wonderful guy (police officer, son of a pastor, always makes me feel safe and couldn't be sweeter or a better person) and I never fear for my life or my mind anymore. I'll be done with grad school in about a year and a half, I have my whole life ahead of me, and I am so thankful I survived and have the ability to live my life. I do question my worthiness, but I would never give up this precious gift of life...I'm lucky to have it in the first place, and almost losing it just reinforced that fact.
God is truly good to me, and I am truly thankful.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

You hit the nail on the head...life surely is sharp like needles. I go back and forth between embracing it and shunning it...but I need to stop pushing it away and start accepting it because it has proven to be naught but folly when I try to deny my nature. You and I both believe in an Almighty, so even if I label myself Christian and you don't, we're still not that different and we're still both children of the Almighty, and that's the awesome thing!
Yeah, I DEFINITELY don't wanna look like we're hijacking the thread and steering it towards religion, so we'll just leave it at that. Thankfully, about 90% of my Christian friends are all my age and the ones who know just see it as something extra that God gave me...now, I DEFINITELY wouldn't let any Christians that I know who are a generation above me know, because I am definitely in the Bible Belt and you are absolutely right, there wouldn't be a word in Oxford's dictionary for how ridiculous their reactions would be. Bob Jones is not too far from here and if you know anything about Bob Jones or the kinda people they produce and send out into SC, you know that if any Jonesie (that's what we call Bob Jones people) found out about me, they'd probably try to burn me at the stake, LOL.
edit on 1/18/2013 by jcutler12888 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You Go Girl! and may God continue to bless you and yours.

By the way, Charleston, along with al it's hoodoo, is beautiful.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have naturally black hair and dark brown eyes. I have been clairvoyant since I was three years old. Whenever I touch someone on the arm, eg. my grandma, I'd know they'd win something from a scratch ticket; and I'd always say that they'd win tomorrow. Though lately, my 'clairvoyant' skills have become a little rusty... which sucks.

Also, my mother can see someone on the street and she'd have a chill down her spine and a strong feeling that this certain person will die; and morbidly enough, the certain person dies. She also has black hair and dark brown eyes (though she has found a couple of orange hairs growing on her scalp. :wow

So, who knows?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

Awesome pic of JFK in the fitted cap, LOL!

What do you think made your abilities go rusty? Lack of use?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Thanks, Happy!

Oh, I absolutely adore Charleston...I briefly lived in Greenville SC up in the mountains but Charleston is my hometown and it's just in my blood, I could never imagine leaving this place for long...it's just too beautiful. And Savannah is only a little while away from here, and I love Savannah ALMOST as much as I love Charleston.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Haha, yeah. I haven't been practising or focusing on this ability for years. Maybe I should probably try to practice it again

(and as for JFK, I kind of picture him as a president who attends important meetings while wearing unnecessary fashion accessories. Don't ask me why, I'm weird.)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Thanks for responding. I am really sorry to hear how you were attacked, you have had a terrible experience. I truly believe your premonition. I really don't know where they come from as it doesn't seem possible but they are very real nonetheless (and I am a sceptical person). Just don't let this experience mess you up.
I dreamt of my accident 3 times before it happened. I told my girlfriend but she still wanted to go on the trip.
While I was in hospital being treated for shock and internal injuries, the head nurse told me that when she was 19 she had her tarot cards read at a party and the death card came up. On her way home from the party there was an accident and her fiance died. She was sitting in his lap in the car.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

Hey...if you don't use it, you lose it! The human brain is like a muscle...you've gotta work it out to keep it sharp. Try practicing it and come back on here and tell us how it went...I'm so curious to know how easy or difficult it will be for you to get back into the habit.

LOL, you're not weird at all! Haha, sometimes I put the TV on mute and make up dialogue for the characters on the screen with my friends, leading to some very strange stories...and that's only ONE of the weird things I do, haha. When you made that statement about picturing JFK wearing random accessories to meetings, it reminded me of the scene in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby where John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell talking about how they like to picture Jesus...it's so hilarious, I almost die laughing every time I see it. If you haven't seen it, check YouTube for the scene, LOL.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpy64

It's okay...all things lead to something better. I've dealt with PTSD since then but I'm handling it pretty well. That's crazy, though...and I'm so sorry your girlfriend passed, you've been through a terrible experience as well and my heart goes out to you. The story about the nurse is mind-blowing...the Death card in Tarot usually doesn't literally represent death, but a transition or change (like the end of one thing to make way for the beginning of something new)...I wonder how she survived while sitting in his lap at the time of the crash! It's so sad.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
my hair and eyes are both very light.
Doc said I had a very blonde fundus in my eyes and probably if I were tested some form of albinism.

I live about 1/2 in this world and 1/2 definitely somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Good to hear you are doing ok. How did you deal with the PTSD thing as I have been told mine should have been dealt with but wasn't. I just threw myself into my music (I am a guitar player). I don't know how the nurse survived the accident but I think she was badly injured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join