It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Official" Star Trek thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

My favorite piece is a picture of the original crew, signed by all of them, including Gene Roddenberry. I adore that thing lol

It's official I LOVE YOU

ST, to me, represents a possible goal that humanity COULD strive for, if we only were to give ourselves a chance to DO so. But, when I see what's happening in the world, I remind myself that, even in the ST universe, it took humanity quite some time to get there, an there was a lot of strife between.

Maybe we should make the world leaders to watch Star trek over and over again, until they are completely brainwashed and start dreaming of a Star Trek society,instead of endless wars and greed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Leonard Nimoy's voice
will guest star in next week's big bang theory episode.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OK, first off I gotta say that these parodies are EXTREMELY offensive. Language and content. Don't link them here. On YT there's a group called dayjoborchestra that dub over ST. Funny as hell but not if you are easily offended.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
FYI, Star Trek Online went Free-to-play a couple months ago. Not trying to promote the site, but it is a unique game to play, and helps cure the lack of Star Trek that I'm currently suffering.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

I registered a few days ago.First mission was very cool,killing Borgs destroying cubes and i got my Lieutenant rank and my own ship within 3 hours

Then i stuck in the starbase.I did everything that admiral Quinn told me,but still i can't get to finish the mission.

So i took my ship and i went sightseeing the galaxy.

It's very addictive.I love it.
I don't miss Star Trek because at least once a week i watch something(a movie,a few episodes etc),but i would love to see a new tvshow.Something with a lot of mirror universe episodes or perhaps the entire show.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I almost forgot.Today is Leonard Nimoy's birthday.

Happy birthday mr Spock

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I've heard that there might be a 2nd movie to the most recent one where Kirk and Spock and others are seen in their younger days...

I hope so....

It would also be kinda cool if, somehow by magic, something came fromthe online game..
Just got my M.A.C.O. Xl set

Happy birthday Leonard

keep on trekking...

Oh and to bring a smile to your faces (hopefully) I was invited onto someones bridge this afternoon (a fleet members) and there was three of us stood in his turbo lift. We use the Ventrilo thingy to chat in game..

So, there we were, all stood in the turbo lift, when the owner of the ship says "engineering"...

The two of them dissapeared...and left me standing there...

I'm thinking to myself, well come on then silly turbo lift, get a move on!!!!

The lift doesn't go anywhere...you have to click a button on your HUD to take you to the specifc area..

I guess that's what happens when you grow up watching almost every single episode of all the Star Trek series EVER!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I think one of the funniest things I've heard was a friend was invited to a Klingon's bridge. And he unholstered his weapon and started shooting the Klingon's bridge officers. Luckily he put his gun away or it sounds like the Klingon would have lost those bridge officers.

But I absolutely love the level of detail in the game. Makes it almost believable that I'm 500 years in the future, following the prime directive. My only wish is the sick back in the bridge interior would hold the duty officers that are injured. That would be my one wish.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Star Trek is the bestest thing in the world!

I met Mirina Sirtis once at a convention when I was stationed at Nellis AFB. *sigh*

Star (Trek) and Flag

ETA, at the old Hilton (?) in Vegas, they had the Star Trek bar.

Warning, never drink a warp core meltdown by yourself!

edit on 26-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The lift doesn't go anywhere...you have to click a button on your HUD to take you to the specifc area..

That was lke the scene from DS9,trials and tribble-ations episode,when O'Brian and Bashir enter the turbolift of the original Enterprise and can't make it move.
Bashir:You didn't say please!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've met a few actors in a small convention that takes place every 2 years here in Greece.Marina was a guest in the last convention.
She is getting more beautiful as she grows older.
In her Q&A session a guy asks her:You are Betazoid.What am i thinking right now?
So Marina gets up,goes to him and slaps his face and says:you have a dirty mind.
After a while the guy wants to ask another question and Marina sees that he hesitates so she tells him:Go on,ask i won't hit you again.
I hope that she will come here again.So sweet and funny lady.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A funny video called Roddenberry on Patrol directed by Tim Russ(commander Tuvok) about how Gene Roddenberry got inspired to create Star Trek.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Star Trek is the bestest thing in the world!

Don't you mean ALL of the known worlds... and perhaps a few small ones of no significance to us or anyone else for that matter..

Anyway, just lining up for my next daily fix of STO.. got some Doff missions to sort out..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm going to have to try that..

I wonder if I can video it at the same time.. now that would be rather "ownage" material if there ever was any

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And this is how William Shatner destroyed the Star Wars gathering-party-whatever:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Today is Marina Sirtis birthday.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That video is pure class..
It appears so many were shocked and stunned to see Shatner there, but it was all part of the plot..

entertaining to the end..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's unfortunate that they did not show the crash of the "SS Columbia" hyperspace starship on planet Talos IV, in the TOS pilot episode: "The Cage"; and again later in two-part episode: "The Menagerie".

edit on 3/29/2012 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Their faces when they see him on stage are priceless.The only one that seems to enjoy it is Chewbakka.
I love Shatner,he knows how to raise hell

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

I'm going to have to try that..

I wonder if I can video it at the same time.. now that would be rather "ownage" material if there ever was any

You're in luck! This program allows you to record whatever is on your screen. It does tend to eat harddrive space, but has some good quality to it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join