It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Official" Star Trek thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

That was hilarious.

BTW people according to Carl Urban the new villain is going to be Gary Mitchell,not Khan.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

So that would put them right at the start of TOS..........interesting.

It also leaves room for a future Khan story, I'm still not sure about all this re-writing of the story/timeline.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

So that would put them right at the start of TOS..........interesting.

It also leaves room for a future Khan story, I'm still not sure about all this re-writing of the story/timeline.

To be honest,although i loved the 2009 film,i haven't got used to the new timeline yet.It will take some time.

Where no man has gone before,is one of my favourite episodes and i'm really curious about what they will do about it.Khan is one of the best villains in the ST universe and i believe they will use him in the future.But it is too early for that in the timeline.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Well, one thing that bugs me, they all look so young.....ok Chris Pine is 32, Shatner was about 34 when they made the first (non-pilot) episode of TOS, so not much of a difference, but still..............it's like they've put kids on the bridge, lol.

Maybe that's just my view as a classic Trek fan.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

It's Pine's baby face,that make him look younger,but you're right.
Those damn lucky kids

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Phantom Traveler, I hope you don't mind me re-posting my 2nd season tribute video (the original video is now deleted). Clearly, the other video had some problems, so I did my best to fix it. (Youtube had a problem with the blue and red text for some reason, which made the captions unreadable.) Here it is in all its "new and improved" glory:

www.youtube.com...

And season 3 is well underway and will be completed soon!

May I have your permission to post all 3 embedded videos in a future post?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Looking forward for season 3.Maybe you should consider doing the movies as well.
Of course you can post it here,you didn't have to ask that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm considering doing the movies as a bonus to the 3rd video. Maybe just a few funny parts here or there. Just whatever jumps out at me like I've been doing.

So far the only thing that really made me laugh was Chekov's line in The Motion Picture, "Phoooooootooooonn torrrrrrrrrrrrpedooooooooooooeeeessss"

That one will definitely make the cut

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I just heard this in my head with Chekov's voice.

That's my all time favourite scene.When Kirk asks Mccoy"How many fingers do i have up?" and he does the vulcan sign.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Happy 46th Anniversary

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
'Star Trek' Sequel Gets a Title!!!!!

J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Trek" sequel finally has a title. The latest installment in the ongoing adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise has been christened "Star Trek Into Darkness."

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Looks like George Takei is releasing a book - 'Oh Myyy! - On Life, the Internet and Everything'.

There's an excerpt on his site: The Oh Myyy! Book

Just a bit of fun...

Take care, all!

P.S. I am looking at instructions for how to make a Klingon mask. If I have enough time, I WILL be a Klingon for Halloween! Qapla'!
edit on 9/27/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Hey there.

Check this out
www.madwulf.com...
Might help you with the Klingon costume.

I want to see pics from the Halloween parties

Thanks for the link for Takei's book.I'm sure it will be fun to read it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Haha! That's the set of instructions I want to follow! The pic of the guy casually sipping his raktajino totally sold me on it.
And, believe me, if I make this mask, I will wear it for more than just Halloween. Because I'm a little crazy like that.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I thought you'd like it.This guy is awesome.
I wear my starfleet uniform very often,it's fun.I usually have my eyebrows vulcan shaped.
Of course it's a little different from wearing a Klingon forehead-uniform,but it's cool anyway.

When you start making the mask start a tutorial thread here.Maybe other people will be interested.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The stores used to sell a Klingon mask. It was the enlarged forehead with a lot of hair. It included adhesives to stick to your own forehead and a tube of dark makeup so your face would sort of match the color of the mask.

I still have the mask, but the adhesive no longer sticks (can be replaced) and the make-up is used up (also replaceable). Maybe you can still find one on ebay.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Yeah, I am finding that my free time is dwindling as Halloween gets closer.

I will probably end up buying a mask/costume and just make them look more realistic.

I'll still post pictures tho!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As promised, here is my completed tribute to Star Trek TOS and to Trek fans. Please refer to the ATS link below and keep on Trekkin'!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, I made the mask! It took a ridiculously long time, and then when I took it off the form, the nose caved in so I had to cut off the whole lower portion. I wore it anyway, though.

Qapla'!

edit on 10/31/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join