It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You LOSE Credibility When You CANNOT Spell..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Many times I see a "New Thread" title misspelled, I have to wonder ones credibility. Either you're extremely lazy (spell check), or you're simply dumb.

There certainly are times when a poster may have started an interesting topic or thread, but I'm disappointed when they spell a words like comet, alien, earth, asteroid, government, people, or the. I don't get it, use spell check. As an ATS community of well-rounded folks, we're smarter than this. Most of us are educated or simply have the smarts to keep our posts at least punctually correct.

Step it up, use spell check, or go back to school.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot this part. I also have seen posters who claim to be astronomers or physicists who cannot spell "star" or "mass"...those are the ones I really believe in.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Vinny5036 because: I forgot..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Grammer is big problem two.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Agreed 100%!

It is no different then when you put together a resume for a job application..most employers will disregard your resume if they see a spelling/grammatical error (it doesn't matter how qualified you are)...an error shows you don't pay attention to the details. In my mind, on a site like this, details are VERY important!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i say, it's the information that counts.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
Many times I see a "New Thread" title misspelled, I have to wonder ones credibility. Either you're extremely lazy (spell check), or you're simply dumb.

There certainly are times when a poster may have started an interesting topic or thread, but I'm disappointed when they spell a words like comet, alien, earth, asteroid, government, people, or the. I don't get it, use spell check. As an ATS community of well-rounded folks, we're smarter than this. Most of us are educated or simply have the smarts to keep our posts at least punctually correct.

Step it up, use spell check, or go back to school.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot this part. I also have seen posters who claim to be astronomers or physicists who cannot spell "star" or "mass"...those are the ones I really believe in.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Vinny5036 because: I forgot..

"when they spell a words like comet"

Just saying

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
True. But, i have seen better spelling and grammar from members from non English countries, or, that do not have English as a first language. Yet, they still spell better than members that are from English speaking countries.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You wrote " spell a words like..."
Well, I guess you just missed that one...

Haha! Djyeah!!
Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately some of us suffer from Dyslexia, I admit I still have trouble with my spelling (I get my letters mixed up) and I have to double check everything I type.
I didn't know at school I had it and was labeled a thicky, it wasn't till the age of 26 that I took the test and found out.
Also many people who post here are from different nations and English may be their 2nd language so give people a break we can't all be as perfect as you.

Also if your from the UK we do spell some words differently from people in the US.
edit on 21-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Haha!! Beat me to it!

But actually, the grammar is pretty bad here on ATS.
And English is my second language, no auto-correct or anything, I just take the time...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Grammer is big problem two.

You, sir, get a star! Wish I could give more... Like too of them...

"GrammEr."

Come on, how many missed that won? Be honest.

edit on 21/3/12 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Tell you what I'm sick of, I'm sick of Microsoft telling me my English is wrong, when my English is correct and its Microsoft and the Americans that are wrong!! Telling me to put "Zs" in fekkin everything!!!

Grrrr.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

This. Get over it.

When my girl sends me a text saying "I lov u" should I whine about it and make a big stink?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afraidnomore

I would! Who the hell writes "Lov"?? Its shortened to "luv" or keep it how it should be! lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore

This. Get over it.

When my girl sends me a text saying "I lov u" should I whine about it and make a big stink?

Nah. Probably not. But when she sends me one, feel free to raise as big a stink as you feel warranted.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Originally posted by Afraidnomore

This. Get over it.

Nah. Probably not. But when she sends me one, feel free to raise as big a stink as you feel warranted.

That's awesome, good job! Made me laugh out loud, havent done that in awhile, thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Also is it right to have capital letters in a title like the OP has done? No it is not he should have used italics

www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk...

On the whole, though, it is preferable to express emphasis, not with capital letters, but with italics. But hey I guess he is to dumb to know or didn't go to school. (last bit is a :lol

edit on 21-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: Dyslexia lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

thats my point, you should whine about it, when the information is wrong, saying, in reality, she does not love you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Also is it right to have capital letters in a title like the OP has done? No it is not he should have used italics

www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk...

On the whole, though, it is preferable to express emphasis, not with capital letters, but with italics.
edit on 21-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I can't find the italics key on my computer!

Now what?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

When you post a comment there is a button saying italics

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

thats my point, you should whine about it, when the information is wrong, saying, in reality, she does not love you.

As a man who has fought many emotional battles, I know that a fight with my girl over the spelling of a message is futile. I will pass my knowledge on to you, get over it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join