It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You LOSE Credibility When You CANNOT Spell..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by phatpackage

Vegemite.

You sir, have gone a step too far! The meeting place will be Kiribati Island, at dawn and as gentlemen we shall raise our flags with pride and have a thong slap off. That's Aussie thongs, otherwise things might get confusing and messy.

You better bring the rest of the girls, cause I smell a rumble. Excuse me while I rally the troops.

Fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR PEANUT BUTTER!

MR. PEANUT GO BRAGH!!!

edit on 3/22/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do now believe it is my turn....

Well played old man, well played.
I'm off to remove some stubborn stains from my, errr thongs.
But I shall do it while eating vegemite on toast, you are welcome to your peanut butter, which isn't butter, its squashed nuts. Who wants to eat squashed nuts???

(at OP, see?? Even though I have struck war with a man who stabbed at the heart of our nations right to eat salty black goo, we are able to end it with humble acceptance that we are all more or less the same, some spelling errors should not bring you down, join the Vegemite league, hazaa!)
edit on 22-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Actually to pose a question to you. If there's a bomb attached to your girl's neck. And there's instructions as to how to dis-arm the bomb. Are you gonna let her blow if there's some miss-spelled words or bad grammer?

I would expect not. So , if the info is there, and you can get a grasp of it even with a miss-spelled word or two what's the worry? Just saying. Your even guilty of it in your opening post...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Of all the things wrong in this world. People are actualy complaing about spelling and grammar. cough cough pathetic thread cough cough. To the OP... How old are you? haha
edit on 23-3-2012 by solizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I dont tihnk it is a porbelm if poelpe cnat splel prpoelry as the barin fills msot of it in aynawy

And as a dslyeixc myelsf I do try my bset but if it isnt good egonoguh for smoe pepole tehn toguh siht

If i had a satmamer wuold you sotp lsitnenig to waht I had to say bceuase it oefefnded you £

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've been told like my gramhar & spillin are superb. I teach like English to chimps in London zoo & no one has ever questioned my spillin & gramhar, ever!! In fact Brian, a 17 year old male chimp has put my name fooward for the: 'world spillin/ gramhar champion#e' wow, I'm privilaged..... Personilly I feel my gramhar & spillin are like crap but as far as like talking to chimps is concerned I think I like get my point across like in a way they undarstand>> if you get my pint..

Peace.

dej...
edit on 25-3-2012 by dejarmaX because: spillin mistook

edit on 25-3-2012 by dejarmaX because: yet anover spillin mystake

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This thread is extremely relevant to ATS...may I also suggest the following software title:

www.nuance.com...

Now, I must warn you this program does takes some time to train, I am still having my issues with it. I find myself simultaneously in 2-3 conversations at a time and I try my best to keep errors down when I am in a hurry(and that is all of the time). I have rather large hands and a rather sensitive keyboard. I never figured ATS of all forums to demand 100% accuracy in spelling and I only take my time typing when I am programming code for redundancy is important when you are avoiding syntax errors.

I will make fun of someone who comes on ATS without the basic knowledge of correct spelling and correct English grammar. I have done this in the past in hopes that the person(s) would learn to recognize their mistakes, but I have never thought to discredit them due to functional illiteracy.

As for my personal credibility?

I.Q.= 206 (State tested & MENSA confirmed)
Education: Masters of Science Electronic & Computer Engineering earned from CWRU *(not typing)
Business Owner

So you better get it right!

btw... I have noticed that sometimes(actually a lot as of late) here on ATS I would have proofread my post before submission only later on to find out that there was spelling error(s). Now, I am not inferring that ATS's script editor is at fault but something is screwing around with the submissions.

The ATS staff can also make alterations to your post and if you are not favored by them like I am not(shrugs shoulders) then attempting to chop at one's credibility via submissions revision is the perfect # with you weapon. I am still here ATS 13 years and going strong!

So, if I make a mistake so be it. At my age and station in life I can literally afford to make the occasional mistake or two. My resume and professional references speaks for themselves...plus it is not like ATS is paying anyone for perfect submissions....actually it is the other way around... I have found out that struggling mind blocked Hollywood & TV producers, authors steal content from ATS...but that is another story for another day.
edit on 26-3-2012 by maestromason because: *addition

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Afraidnomore

When my girl sends me a text saying "I lov u" should I whine about it and make a big stink?

thats my point, you should whine about it, when the information is wrong, saying, in reality, she does not love you.

As a man who has fought many emotional battles, I know that a fight with my girl over the spelling of a message is futile. I will pass my knowledge on to you, get over it.

truth right there! and agree! god help any man that pisses another woman off LoL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Im sorry (actually, Im not), but as a former member of the spelling police I can say that, in hindsight, unless a persons post is for the most part completely illegible, no one has any business pointing it out.

As for credibility, it says more about the person who's pointing the mistake out. If you have enough knowledge to debate a topic, then attacking a persons spelling is the very LAST angle you're going to come from.
The guise of 'Im just a concerned member of the ATS community' is fairly crap one also. If someone was genuinely bothered about that person, and the whole of ATS being dragged down into the gutter by spelling and grammar mistakes, then they would not use it to form part of their argument about why that other persons point is invalid.
Why? Because at the end of the day, there's a million good reasons why someone's spelling is not perfect... Dyslexia, the battle that is typing a post out on an iphone, being in a rush for whatever reason.. there's loads. The dyslexia one alone is more than enough reason to not just attack a persons spelling without first knowing all the facts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join