It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is not a 'human right': European ruling torpedoes Coalition stance

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

The whole gay thing need's to separate itself from the sodomites / Queers and the homo's/gays.

I'm sorry but with all due respect I don't understand your point here, how can 'the whole gay thing' seperate itself from that? That's what gay men are, aren't they?

And I don't mean that in anti-gay way at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Gay marriage is not a 'human right': European ruling torpedoes Coalition stance

dailymail.co.uk

Same-sex marriages are not a human right, European judges have ruled.

Their decision shreds the claim by ministers that gay marriage is a universal human right and that same-sex couples have a right to marry because their mutual commitment is just as strong as that of husbands and wives.

The ruling was made by judges of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg following a case involving a lesbian couple in a civil partnership who complained the French courts would not allow them to adopt a child as a couple.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Even worse is the fact that it is suddenly not a human right just because the EU said so! It is a right if we damn well say it is, and it isn't if we say it isn't! Someone please show me the letter from some superior being that dictates to us mere humans what is a right and what isn't?

I'm not fussed over marriage either way, but to deny someone else the chance to marry because they are homosexual is discrimination any way you look at it.

"Rights" are just a prosaic way of appearing to be better than we really are. Worse, the idea of "rights" is just used to manipulate people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Even worse is the fact that it is suddenly not a human right just because the EU said so! It is a right if we damn well say it is, and it isn't if we say it isn't! Someone please show me the letter from some superior being that dictates to us mere humans what is a right and what isn't?

I agree with you that "rights" are not absolute; we come together as a society and decide which rights are to be granted and which are not. But the consensus should be approved by the majority, not the minority. We cannot have everything we want granted as a right just because some people are worse off than others. It must be what is applicable and beneficial for the majority.

I'm not fussed over marriage either way, but to deny someone else the chance to marry because they are homosexual is discrimination any way you look at it.

This is a misrepresentation of the issue. Homosexuals are not denied the right to marry; they indeed are permitted to marry another person of the opposite sex because that fulfils the definition of marriage (the union between a single man and a single woman). A person of any sexual orientation is granted the right to marry and is NOT discriminated against based on their orientation, but rather on the sex of the person they intend to marry.

"Rights" are just a prosaic way of appearing to be better than we really are. Worse, the idea of "rights" is just used to manipulate people.

Maybe so, but just rights are an essential component for a healthy and strong society.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Don't ya just Love It - - when Majority supports Majority Rule.

Fortunately - - the "old farts" of past generations are dying out - - - the next generation understands Equality - - - and is less bigoted.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The majority of the world does not support Gay Marriage. See Here. This might be slowly changing due to the frantic efforts of the LGBT movement, but I doubt most of the world would ever equate it with Traditional Marriage. Civil Unions is the best you will do in most countries around the world.

As for your "old farts" comment, that is a rather ignorant statement. To think that only 'old cranky men' oppose the attack on the definition of Marriage is short-sighted and incorrect. Contrary to your desires, this is not only about bigotry and intolerance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Annee

The majority of the world does not support Gay Marriage. See Here. This might be slowly changing due to the frantic efforts of the LGBT movement, but I doubt most of the world would ever equate it with Traditional Marriage. Civil Unions is the best you will do in most countries around the world.

As for your "old farts" comment, that is a rather ignorant statement. To think that only 'old cranky men' oppose the attack on the definition of Marriage is short-sighted and incorrect. Contrary to your desires, this is not only about bigotry and intolerance.

The 'attack' on marriage? Goodness me, that's a rather dramatic description on this particular call for equality!

As for your little quip about the LGBT 'movement' - as you call it - being frantic. That suggests that the the LGBT community is a cohesive little club like the Country Woman's Association.

So far, the only one's to appear frantic on the subject are those few whose desire to control other people is being eroded.

If you want to control something, get a ferret because if you keep trying it on me it's just asking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
The 'attack' on marriage? Goodness me, that's a rather dramatic description on this particular call for equality!

That's exactly what it is: a small group of activists trying to change the views of the majority to accommodate their own selfish ends. You already have equality, you just don't accept the terms.

As for your little quip about the LGBT 'movement' - as you call it - being frantic. That suggests that the the LGBT community is a cohesive little club like the Country Woman's Association.

Ok...

So far, the only one's to appear frantic on the subject are those few whose desire to control other people is being eroded.

How ironic. Because it's actually those pushing the LGBT movement on the majority that really want to control others. Most people simply don't want to equate Gay Marriage with Marriage, but they are being forced to by this small and vocal minority.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark GhostYou already have equality, you just don't accept the terms.

Equality doesn't come with terms and conditions.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Yes, actually it does. Restrictions and boundaries need to be in place to ensure that those who are being granted the equal status receive it but do not transcend a line that begins to discriminate against those who are already considered equal. (Affirmative Action is an example of pushing the "equality" line too far).

Otherwise, you might want to get used to the following statement:

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I guess there's two kinds of equality. The real one and the one you're happy to accept as a poor substitute.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by WatchRider

The whole gay thing need's to separate itself from the sodomites / Queers and the homo's/gays.

I'm sorry but with all due respect I don't understand your point here, how can 'the whole gay thing' seperate itself from that? That's what gay men are, aren't they?

Nope you have different ones, in fact they'll even tell you that. Some just want a guy as a companion, bed partner etc. Some gays hate anal and despise it. This is all what I've been told by a gay in my town, I've also read of this in magazines.
Personally I just wish they'd keep the noise down and stop agendising it.

Anyway some are sodomites, other's are just gay, effeminate ones that act like woman. Some do both etc.

The whole reason behind there being queer-bashing etc, is that the act of sodomy scrambles the root chakra / Qi line of the person being violated.
Obviously not wanting folk to suffer that they took a blanket approach with laws against not just the sodomites but the gay's as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by WatchRider
Until it does that they won't make any real progress.
People won't confront the issue head-on, they'll just ramble on so it suit's their agenda.
If they want the same rights as a hetro couple who get married, they gotta sort their own house out first!

Most people in prison are hetero.

Most domestic abuse is hetero.

Equal Rights - - - has nothing to do with someone's behavior - - whether they are straight or gay.

Your arguments are immaterial, until the sodomites and the gays get their act together they'll never get recognised.
The world has been built on mostly hetrosexual's and a few gays so why should it bend over backwards to the queering / sodomy ones (I mean that collectively, not individually).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Contrary to your desires, this is not only about bigotry and intolerance.

Please explain what this is about, other than bigotry and intolerance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Your arguments are immaterial, until the sodomites and the gays get their act together they'll never get recognised.
The world has been built on mostly hetrosexual's and a few gays so why should it bend over backwards to the queering / sodomy ones (I mean that collectively, not individually).

Respectfully, I don't see anyone having to bend over backwards in order to extend marriage equality to the gay community. When it happens nothing in your world will change. You'll still have the same rights and entitlements that you currently enjoy.

Denying others equality is wrong regardless of how noble your dissenting beliefs may be.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

until the sodomites and the gays get their act together they'll never get recognised.

What the hell does that even mean?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Respectfully, I don't see anyone having to bend over backwards in order to extend marriage equality to the gay community. When it happens nothing in your world will change. You'll still have the same rights and entitlements that you currently enjoy.

Exactly! You know what's really funny about this - if you saw two gay people walking down the street, how would you even know if they were married or not - same as if you saw a man and woman walking down the street. If you can't even tell for sure if two people are married or not, how the heck does it affect you in any way!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

until the sodomites and the gays get their act together they'll never get recognised.

He means they need to get back in the closet and act like heterosexuals. So they can then be accepted as gays. Yeah, that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Just like the Civil Rights movement - - - a minority doesn't fight alone.

The LGBT is not frantic - - - they do however promote awareness - - - along with many many open minded intelligent heteros that understand Equality and the right of Equality.

Touchy Touchy on the "Old Fart" are you. That says a lot.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

He means they need to get back in the closet and act like heterosexuals. So they can then be accepted as gays. Yeah, that makes sense.

I never said that, I said the homosexual's need to get their own house in order before they'll be taken seriously.
In the closet there are no answers for them.

But to humour you have things really improved since the mainstreaming of gays?
They now have massive opposition that they never had back 'when they were in the closet'
If they'd sorted out the sodomites from the non-sodomites they wouldn't have the fundimentalists raging and dragging all and sundry into their midst.

The real answer is that sodomy is 'enjoyed' by the elites and it's they that encourage this to cause more problems for all in the long term.
The one's who encourage it or enjoy it are under the spell of sodomy that taints the gay folk.
The rabbit hole is a deep one and the answers it has aren't for the faint of heart...

edit on 3-4-2012 by WatchRider because: Last sentence edit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I said the homosexual's need to get their own house in order before they'll be taken seriously.

I still have no clue what you mean. People are People. Gays are NOT a GROUP THINK.

Gays have one thing in common - - - attraction to same gender. Beyond that they are individuals - - no different then Heterosexuals.

But to humour you have things really improved since the mainstreaming of gays?

Please explain.

They now have massive opposition that they never had back 'when they were in the closet'

Why do you think they were in the "closet" in the first place?

Majority forcing Minority to live on the fringe of society and create their own culture. It was not their choice. It was their survival.

If they'd sorted out the sodomites from the non-sodomites they wouldn't have the fundimentalists raging and dragging all and sundry into their midst.

What crap! Gays are not responsible for the idiocy of fundamentalists nor the need to appease them.

The real answer is that sodomy is 'enjoyed' by the elites and it's they that encourage this to cause more problems for all in the long term.

What the Hell is your sex hangup? Heteros have oral sex too - - including sodomy.

The one's who encourage it or enjoy it are under the spell of sodomy that taints the gay folk.
The rabbit hole is a deep one and the answers it has aren't for the faint of heart...

Can I just call you "Missionary Man"?

Enjoy the games because the ptb laugh loud at the noises being made with the deliberate manipulations of the

Playing Twilight theme music now. What the Hell.

I think someone has spent too many nights alone with: "Eyes Wide Shut"
edit on 3-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join