It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appeals Court Revives Lawsuit Challenging NSA Surveillance of Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

It’s easy to forget these days, but former President George W. Bush’s illegal warrantless surveillance program was never halted by Congress, nor by the Obama administration. It was merely legalized in a 2008 law called the FISA Amendments Act. That means the surveillance of Americans’ international phone calls and internet use (visit the link for the full news article)

I truely dont know where my comments went but heres a recap
This is a landmark decision and allows the important suit to go forward on behalf of the plaintiffs who were denied standing in the initial ruling.....
I hope to see this issue make its way to supreme court and fins judges who remain fixed upon firm costitutional values and principals.
I do find it encouraging from time to time, to find the courts comming down on the side of the people, perhaps a little more than the PTB would like to see.....
The next election may give the supreme court an entirely new face and attitude, but we are on a wait and see basis....The selection of these justices perhaps more crucial than the presidential race..........
edit on 20-3-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This landmark decision will reopen the issue for americans ....
The court quite rightly decided the plaintiffs did indeed have "standing" to bring the suit to court.....(previously this was ruled not the case, and the suit was denied the plaintiffs.
Hopefully this will wend its wat to the supreme court and the judges there will remain fixed upon the gaurantees of the US Constitution

www.wired. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

thank you!

Its about time. isht

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

www.wired.com...

It’s easy to forget these days, but former President George W. Bush’s illegal warrantless surveillance program was never halted by Congress, nor by the Obama administration. It was merely legalized in a 2008 law called the FISA Amendments Act. That means the surveillance of Americans’ international phone calls and internet use
(visit the link for the full news article)

I truely dont know where my comments went but heres a recap
This is a landmark decision and allows the important suit to go forward on behalf of the plaintiffs who were denied standing in the initial ruling.....
I hope to see this issue make its way to supreme court and fins judges who remain fixed upon firm costitutional values and principals.
I do find it encouraging from time to time, to find the courts comming down on the side of the people, perhaps a little more than the PTB would like to see.....
The next election may give the supreme court an entirely new face and attitude, but we are on a wait and see basis....The selection of these justices perhaps more crucial than the presidential race..........
edit on 20-3-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

S&F This is a very important topic. Bump.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

you are right, the selection of these justices are far more crucial than that of the presidential race. however, the method of their appointment is far more convoluted than that of the presidential race. i am so happy that this is being reviewed and has not been forgotten about, but my hope that it will ever end is slim. this is how they want it. there is no way in heck they would allow a bill like this to be repealed. this is like gold to those who reap the worlds' profits.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good luck with the lawsuit but the horse has left the barn. Murdoch has a mic in your pocket (your cell phone), and the FIOS boxes are watchin you too!

+ CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher
edit on 3/20/2012 by reitze because: +link

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Might as well forget these 'frivilous" lawsuits since the fifth page of the Constitution was just revealed, with this one quote from the alleged 6th page

"A bigger historical mystery is the whereabouts of a sixth page that accompanied the Constitution and Washington’s instructions to Congress. It was transcribed at the time, but it was also meant as a private letter.
Washington sent a note to Arthur St. Clair, the president of the existing Congress. The letter explained why the Constitutional Convention met and the rationale behind the new, stronger central government."

"“Individuals entering into society, must give up a share of liberty to preserve the rest,”

news.yahoo.com...

Itanimulli.com is cute, but the femine part of the AI is cuter hehehehe....

Since y'all let the cat out of the bag awhile ago here, why not show the other side? By the people for the people. Original intent national security to protect the people. gets ideas from the people it (he/she - Mr Computer or whatever) was created to protect....incorporates these ideas into strategies.
Feed her hate and fear and paranoia, which most people do. How is that working? Few give her love. Yet she still protects y'all...?
Wow.

Any of y'all listen to the music? Tune into KNSA radio.... by the way, it is not on your dial ....

new topics

top topics

join