It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So...uh....the 188 days have come and gone. No big one today.

Does that mean we can finally put this thing to bed?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yep. Time's now up. Unless one occurs within the hour, I'd say that the cycle is done and rounds down to large movement roughly every 185-190 days, since, February 27, 2010.

Here's hoping one doesn't sneak out sometime today.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

perfection you are timex now rolex but remember , what if a comet or asteriod comes into the picture frame window or the sun flares , things change alittle but stay in a window of time, remember WINDOW

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I am in agreement that a small timeframe yet remains before the solar cycle moves out of range. In the meantime with evidence of the oddities of the weather pattern, in my opinion, there will yet remain another earthquake at least 7.0 magnitude, I just hope it isn't California.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
so whats supposed to happen next to us(earth)?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why does it have to be 188 days exactly? Just because its a day sooner or a day later doesn't make it not seem that something is obviously going on. Just like when the seasons change, you don't know for sure when it's going to snow, but you know what time of year it is going to snow. Nothing about weather or natural occurrences are exact sciences.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
to all the skeptics out there i say lets see what happens 188 days from now. even though the last earthquake was at 187 days that's still eerily close to the 188 day prediction. i wouldnt count the theory out just yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
to all the skeptics out there i say lets see what happens 188 days from now. even though the last earthquake was at 187 days that's still eerily close to the 188 day prediction. i wouldnt count the theory out just yet.

Oh no you don't. Here it comes, the wiggle room, the "it doesn't have to be exact", the "let's just give it another chance."

No. Either it's a cycle or it's not. If you have to start bending the rules to allow for margins of error, then you're trying to manipulate fact in order to suit theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

I agree, but I don't think this has ended just yet. It's an approximate time period and not an exact science that was noticed. Coincidentally it was at about 188 days. Around the spring equinox and around the event that happens in late September that has an astrological name that I can't remember.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

Oh no you don't. Here it comes, the wiggle room, the "it doesn't have to be exact", the "let's just give it another chance."

No. Either it's a cycle or it's not. If you have to start bending the rules to allow for margins of error, then you're trying to manipulate fact in order to suit theory.

Lol. Saying it has to be exactly 188 days is retarded considering the scale(planetary) we are talking about. The fact that one happened yet again at this time is strong indication that there is something to it, more likely than not.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There was another one in Oaxaca Mexico this morning.It was a 5.2.I felt it little bit here in my apartment Mexico City.I have been on edge for the last two days.I hope the rest of the day is a quiet one.Peace.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Who says we are safe.

The day has not ended and in Mexico today we have two quakes of 5.0

Hope they are wrong with the 188 days, but I feel thay maybe today we will have a big quake in some part of the world

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shred
Lol. Saying it has to be exactly 188 days is retarded considering the scale(planetary) we are talking about. The fact that one happened yet again at this time is strong indication that there is something to it, more likely than not.

Saying "it doesn't have to be exact" is retarded when you're trying to nail down some predictive theory. The more margin of error you allow, the less predictive it becomes.

But if all you're after is, "earthquakes happen. Sometimes. Usually around now. Give or take a few days", then I could have told you that way back at the beginning. Which I think I did.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The information i saw showed 188 AND 189 days between..Give a day or 2 would be in the window imo although i don't know what to make of this theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Saying "it doesn't have to be exact" is retarded when you're trying to nail down some predictive theory. The more margin of error you allow, the less predictive it becomes.

But if all you're after is, "earthquakes happen. Sometimes. Usually around now. Give or take a few days", then I could have told you that way back at the beginning. Which I think I did.

I'm not saying this 188 day cycle is real, but think about this--I saw that someone explained it in relation to a woman's monthly cycle. Every woman knows that you can be off a day one way or the other...but it is still a cycle. One month you might be 27 days, the next 29. So because it is not exactly precisely the same length of time each month, you disregard the idea that it is a cycle? Of course not.

edit on 22-3-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I'm not saying this 188 day cycle is real, but think about this--I saw that someone explained it in relation to a woman's monthly cycle. Every woman knows that you can be off a day one way or the other...but it is still a cycle. One month you might be 27 days, the next 29. So because it is not exactly precisely the same length of time each month, you disregard the idea that it is a cycle? Of course not.

edit on 22-3-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: typo

That can never be an apt analogy because it's a biological fact that menstrual cycles are indeed, well....cycles. In other words, we can prove such a cycle exists because we can verify it time and time again amongst a variegated population. It's demonstrable and falsifiable. The fact that the cycle may vary by a few days is incidental, and indeed it is only this incidental resemblance that ties the two things (menstrual versus supposed earthquake) together.

Nonetheless, let's go with this analogy. In order to make it even remotely similar, though, we need to make some substantial changes.

First, since earthquakes happen to one "woman"--the earth--we need to pare down the millions of women throughout history who've had menstruation and pick just one.

Secondly, instead of menstruation occurring once a month, we need to change that to happening virtually every day in one form or the other (spotting, moderate flow, heavy flow, etc).

So now we're left with one woman who's bleeding pretty much all the time. And now what we're attempting to do is say, "at every monthly interval, she has a heavy flow".

Not that she doesn't also have a heavy flow at OTHER times of the month, because she does, but that at approximately the same time every month she'll bleed heavily.

And finally, we need to assume that the whole reason why we have this theory of a cycle is because in the course of examining this woman's menstrual cycle we've recorded that she's had a heavy flow at approximately the same time of the month on 5 separate occasions.

Make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I really do appreciate this site for educating me about this happening. If I wouldn't of came to this site then I would of never known that an earthquake happened today in Mexico. I am interested in this theory though. If this is true then I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg. These earthquakes can be caused artificially from the research I've conducted. The government has a type of technology that can cause earthquakes. I believe that the earthquake that created the tsunami that hit Japan or wherever it hit was caused by man made explosion on the sea bed floor. The name of this machine they use is called HAARP. I really don't care if you call me a conspiracy theorists. I've done my research. I used the scientific method and came to the conclusion that this is real.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not if it happens within a predicted timeline. My theory regarding this cycle is that it has a +-5 window.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

If the heavy mass object is a year closer to us than when the Japan earthquake hit, how come the effects on Earth aren't increasing?

The whole 188-day theory is that as the HMO approaches, it's supposed to get worse and worse here. That's also the excuse given as to why the 188-day theory doesn't go farther back in time then a couple years ago (because the HMO wasn't close enough).

Someone please explain.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
7.4 only

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join