It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Roll a dice 100 times and write down the sequence.

What were the odds that exact sequence of numbers would be rolled? Astronomical. Now parse through those 100 numbers and look for patterns - you will find them.

Yes!! I'm having this same discussion in another similar thread. Merely pointing at odds as "proof" does not cut it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Am I missing something? Why have people not simply gone back in time to test the theory? We've been reliably measuring the scale of earthquakes for a while - if we want to find out if it's true or not, why not simply go back in time before the Chile earthquake (that was the first one, right?) and see if the cycle really exists?

They have, and the theory fails, hard:

quakewatch.wordpress.com...

So proponents of the theory just stopped doing that

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
gotta give em credit for thinking though. Everyone probably has seperate theorys on everything. Just how we are. All theories are better than the one were getting from the man.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

It's round about. New Madrid, Old Madrid is in Spain, they speak spanish in Spain, they speak spanish in Mexico. It's easy to see how this got confused.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Artlicious

My wife I have Virgin Mobile as well and our texting was not working correctly yesterday either but I really do believe this is an unrelated event. I only say that because our text service was down at least for 3 1/2 hours BEFORE the earthquake. I just don't see how it can be related.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Yesterday Virginia had Tornado awareness day. They had an alert on the TV just like they would if the Natl Weather Service had spotted an actual tornado and they had a constant disclaimer running at the bottom of the screen that it was a test of the system. The ususal test just sound the beeeeeeep, then say, this has been a test. This test said the Natl Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for all areas of Virginia. If we get a tornado here within the next week or so,(not likely) will you think that they predicted it ?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

In this case the odds make it a very large coincidence. A scientific fact can be established if the probability of being wrong is one in a million. At least this is how particle accelerator data is interpreted in order to establish if a discovery was made.

I looked at the data and it looks like a statistical anomaly. There are in fact more earthquakes in the last two years. I suppose that if it happens for another two years in a row then it would become an enormous coincidence and start to look like something serious. If it does not then it would be an interesting blip in the data.

At this point it does not look like a smoking gun, but it does look worth following up on, IMHO.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

First I have to conclude that you are a guy discussing womens menstral cycles. Yes it is true that these cycles can vary from 21-35 days however that is from one woman to another .One woman does not have a cycle that varies as wildly as a week from one month to the next. Some may, there are always exceptions, but most women cycle on a pretty regular basis. Its how we know when we are pregnant or if there is something wrong.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing. Which is earth quake cycles not womens cycles.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I keep getting a little tickled everytime I think about all these websites, and forums talking about this 188 day cycle. All this came from 1 guy, 1 guy who thought "Man I'm really on to something here." So he runs and starts running his fingers, and what keeps me tickled is I can just see him today sitting there rubbing his hands together saying "COME ON YOU BASTARD HIT, HIT, HIT PLEASE, MY REPUTATIONS ON THE LINE." Not realizing this is peoples lifes being affected or destroyed if it did come true. But just the thought of that guy sitting there hoping this happens chuckles me a little.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MegaMind

First I have to conclude that you are a guy discussing womens menstral cycles. Yes it is true that these cycles can vary from 21-35 days however that is from one woman to another .One woman does not have a cycle that varies as wildly as a week from one month to the next. Some may, there are always exceptions, but most women cycle on a pretty regular basis. Its how we know when we are pregnant or if there is something wrong.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing. Which is earth quake cycles not womens cycles.

Yeah my point was really simple that for there to be a 188 day cycle does not mean it has to be exactly 188 days - as some have asserted

I was pointing out other cycles that do not follow an exact time in between and yet are clearly cycles.

If, and I mean IF, a major EQ 7+ happened every 188 days +/- 2 days or so then that would definitely be a cycle.

186 or 189 so what?

Do you get it now? Is it clear? It was an analogy to help explain my point.

And about that week thing ... My gf keeps good track of hers and they can vary as much as a week between.

edit on 21-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
sooo what day is 188 days from now??

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
sooo what day is 188 days from now??

Half a year?
how close is it to half a year now I think about it.
Half a year is 182.5 days..so its almost every half year.

WOW.

edit on 21/3/2012 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I keep getting a little tickled everytime I think about all these websites, and forums talking about this 188 day cycle. All this came from 1 guy, 1 guy who thought "Man I'm really on to something here." So he runs and starts running his fingers, and what keeps me tickled is I can just see him today sitting there rubbing his hands together saying "COME ON YOU BASTARD HIT, HIT, HIT PLEASE, MY REPUTATIONS ON THE LINE." Not realizing this is peoples lifes being affected or destroyed if it did come true. But just the thought of that guy sitting there hoping this happens chuckles me a little.

I get a little tickled everytime I see you at this website being ignored.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldrockinchair
hope no ones hurt. sad but we were correct , but we had to warn anyone who was able to listen to reason. maybe we saved one life and it was ,worth it all . at this point in the eliptical orbit the earth is still under great pressure while we are in this window for some days to come. 20, 21,22,23 ,24

Source please?

Can you show some evidence to back up this claim that the Earth is under great pressure? Or even that whatever pressure you are referring to is any different than the rest of the days of the year?

I'm all ears.... err, eyes....

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SahaniWaya

New GUINEA PAPUA GUINEA 6.9

Downgraded to a 6.4 already. Ho many quakes have we had yesterday/today above a 6? I would say the earth is releasing some pressure for sure.

Now I would be real impressed if someone came a long and connected the dots from the last few days following plaits and faults to the point where they could tell us where was Next. I would go it without a scientific formula but probably would not know what I was talking about in the mist of all your science folk.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
6.8 earthquake 30 minutes ago in Papua New Guinea. But it's a deep one (105km) so damage will be less.

M6.7 - Kainantu, Papua New Guinea
2012-03-21 22:15:05 UTC

My input, earthquakes will always happen randomly on any day of the year but this does not mean that because no credible reason has been put forward, there is a higher chance of them happening on certain days due to a pattern or cycle being discovered. Of course it may all be rubbish but without scientists presenting theories and then testing or proving them over time, we'd still be living in caves.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

New GUINEA PAPUA GUINEA 6.9

Downgraded to a 6.4 already. Ho many quakes have we had yesterday/today above a 6? I would say the earth is releasing some pressure for sure.

Now I would be real impressed if someone came a long and connected the dots from the last few days following plaits and faults to the point where they could tell us where was Next. I would go it without a scientific formula but probably would not know what I was talking about in the mist of all your science folk.

Scientists are making great progress in this area of prediction doing exactly what you are suggesting but it's early days yet but as I said, they all come up with different ideas and theories and test them to see which ones stand to scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Alignments at present hour:

Venus and Mercury still need to move a smidgen I believe.
edit on 21/3/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
can someone post a quick list of the thins that have happened so far on the 188 day cycle?>

I'm looking through the thread, but so far nothing, and following some of the links to other posts I get people going on bizarre tangents. I thought that this was every 188 days we get an earrthquiake cycle. Am I wrong, and that's not what this theory is?

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join