187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 33
136
<< 30  31  32   >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

So I guess if nothing big tomorrow then that puts it to bed that it is all BS? I mean you can't really have it both ways so.....


Nope, not BS. As you can see below, almost all of the significant quakes of the last three years fell on 188 cycle days, the exceptions were the twin 8.0 + mags that happened in Indonesia last April, 3 weeks after last years 188 day cycle date of March 22.

Read what I said, which was: "whatever force has been causing this cycle has now diminished, decreased, vanished etc" or words to that effect.

Chile Feb 27 2010 8.8


Christchurch Sept 4 2010 7.1


Japan March 11 2011 9.1


Fiji Sept 15 2011 7.3


Mexico March 20 2012 7.9 (off by two days)


Alaska Sept 26 2013 6.9


?????? April 2 2013 ????


edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition
edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction




posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaucheDroite
Interesting article I came across today, somewhat relevant to the thread.

EU Times - Russian Military Warns Of Potential Catastrophic Quake On US West Coast 3/28/2013



An interesting Ministry of Defence (MOD) “urgent bulletin” being sent to all Russian naval forces operating in the Pacific Ocean region is warning that there is a “moderate to high” likelihood of a “significant seismic event” ready to occur on the North American Plate, particularly on the Western coastal regions of The United States, Canada or Mexico.


If you click on source at the bottom of the link you provided you will find this to be one of Sorcha Fail's doom porn hooks. You may have noticed that any reference to "Russian Military" or "Russian Scientists" it is likely Sorcha's work.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Originally posted by GaucheDroite
Interesting article I came across today, somewhat relevant to the thread.

EU Times - Russian Military Warns Of Potential Catastrophic Quake On US West Coast 3/28/2013



An interesting Ministry of Defence (MOD) “urgent bulletin” being sent to all Russian naval forces operating in the Pacific Ocean region is warning that there is a “moderate to high” likelihood of a “significant seismic event” ready to occur on the North American Plate, particularly on the Western coastal regions of The United States, Canada or Mexico.


If you click on source at the bottom of the link you provided you will find this to be one of Sorcha Fail's doom porn hooks. You may have noticed that any reference to "Russian Military" or "Russian Scientists" it is likely Sorcha's work.


oh
, good looking out, I did not delve into the source, just read the article and shouldn't have taken the EU Times for their word.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaucheDroite
Interesting article I came across today, somewhat relevant to the thread.

EU Times - Russian Military Warns Of Potential Catastrophic Quake On US West Coast 3/28/2013



Thanks for the info, but Sorcha Fail, as another poster pointed out and you mentioned you didn't realize, is the ultimate doomongering/fearmongering/disinfo site.

In regards to California, being mostly a slip-fault, the potential size of EQ is limited, as slip-faults don't release as much energy as subduction faults. Last April the world saw the largest slip fault EQ ever recorded with the twin 8+ Mags in Indonesia. So anything over 8 Mag for a slip fault is extremely rare. However, given the population density, anything over 7 Mag will still do lots of damage, even a mid-6 Mag like the Northridge quake can be fairly destructive.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Slight uptick in activity near Japan:

5.2 110km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-02 02:08:48 39.551°N 143.234°E 20.3
5.1 103km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-01 20:04:30 39.580°N 143.156°E 8.6
6.0 107km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-01 18:53:17 39.528°N 143.196°E 12.5
5.3 37km SE of Ofunato, Japan 2013-03-31 07:46:18 38.868°N 142.057°E 37.1

Hopefully they aren't foreshocks. Might be an area to keep an eye on for the next couple days.



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deometer
Slight uptick in activity near Japan:

5.2 110km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-02 02:08:48 39.551°N 143.234°E 20.3
5.1 103km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-01 20:04:30 39.580°N 143.156°E 8.6
6.0 107km E of Miyako, Japan 2013-04-01 18:53:17 39.528°N 143.196°E 12.5
5.3 37km SE of Ofunato, Japan 2013-03-31 07:46:18 38.868°N 142.057°E 37.1

Hopefully they aren't foreshocks. Might be an area to keep an eye on for the next couple days.


Could be foreshocks, time will tell. It looks like there has been a bit of an uptick in activity over the past day or so, especially along the Northern Mid-Atlantic ridge, the Asian side of the Pacific Plate, and the unstable "tongue" of the Eurasian plate. Not enough yet to confirm the 188 day EQ cycle.



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

So I guess if nothing big tomorrow then that puts it to bed that it is all BS? I mean you can't really have it both ways so.....


Nope, not BS. As you can see below, almost all of the significant quakes of the last three years fell on 188 cycle days, the exceptions were the twin 8.0 + mags that happened in Indonesia last April, 3 weeks after last years 188 day cycle date of March 22.

Read what I said, which was: "whatever force has been causing this cycle has now diminished, decreased, vanished etc" or words to that effect.

Chile Feb 27 2010 8.8


Christchurch Sept 4 2010 7.1


Japan March 11 2011 9.1


Fiji Sept 15 2011 7.3


Mexico March 20 2012 7.9 (off by two days)


Alaska Sept 26 2013 6.9


?????? April 2 2013 ????


edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition
edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction


You are picking and choosing the ones that fit, not the other way around. You can't say 188 days is the cycle when there are plenty more with the same or higher mag as some you have listed that have occurred outside of this 188 days. You yourself say it is the 188 day cycle, except for these that don't fall on 188 days. But now there is some magical force that is changing and the 188 day cycle is no longer correct? Maybe, just maybe it never was correct and nothing has changed and there is no cycle? Do you truly believe that only pointing out the quakes that fall on the 188 days that are significant is going to prove a point when there are plenty of others that don't fall on those days with the same mag or higher than the ones you posted?

Still waiting on today....guessing it will be another of the "just outside" of the 188 days but close enough to count scenarios. Sounds more like government spending to me....close enough to get it done. Imagine if building engineers were that careless.....



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


Of course there were major ones outside the cycle, but only on one day was there a 8.0 + Mag outside the cycle.

Try not to get too emotional about this, people are just making observations, and getting emotional does help or take away from the evidence.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, seeing as we didn't have any really significant EQ's on April 2nd, we would have to conclude that whatever had been affecting earth on the 188 day cycle has moved, or has been mitigated.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


Of course there were major ones outside the cycle, but only on one day was there a 8.0 + Mag outside the cycle.

Try not to get too emotional about this, people are just making observations, and getting emotional does help or take away from the evidence.



That's nice but 4 of the one's you referenced were under mag 8 with the last one being under mag 7 so if you are going to pick and choose then look back at all of them that were mag 6.9 or higher since that is one you are saying is part of the cycle.

There are no emotions involved here....just plain common sense and logic. If you simply pick and choose those which fit your cycle then of course it will look like a cycle. There is no science behind it. If it is a cycle then it continually occurs at the same rate which this one does not. That is because there is no 188 day cycle and nothing has changed to disrupt it because it never existed.

There simply is no evidence. You can't reference a 6.9 or higher in your post as being part of it without referencing ALL 6.9's.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Well, seeing as we didn't have any really significant EQ's on April 2nd, we would have to conclude that whatever had been affecting earth on the 188 day cycle has moved, or has been mitigated.





Or conclude that there never was a 188 day cycle....



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Well, seeing as we didn't have any really significant EQ's on April 2nd, we would have to conclude that whatever had been affecting earth on the 188 day cycle has moved, or has been mitigated.





Or conclude that there never was a 188 day cycle....


I'm open to that possibility, are you open to the possibility that something was affecting Earth to have caused a 188 Day EQ cycle that appears to have finished now?



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Well, seeing as we didn't have any really significant EQ's on April 2nd, we would have to conclude that whatever had been affecting earth on the 188 day cycle has moved, or has been mitigated.





Or conclude that there never was a 188 day cycle....


I'm open to that possibility, are you open to the possibility that something was affecting Earth to have caused a 188 Day EQ cycle that appears to have finished now?


I think it has been shown over and over enough on ATS that you could pick a number and make a cycle work by looking at the data and working backwards.

If a certain magnitude or higher quake ALWAYS occurred on exactly 188 days and none outside of it then yes I could be open to that. Unfortunately it is about as accurate as doomsday predictions that keep changing with each missed date.

So...what are you implying changed that is making this theorized cycle no longer valid? Has it now become a different number of days cycle?



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


We would need a longer time horizon to determine if the number of the days in the cycle has changed, for now there is no evidence of that. In the last four years, the two largest quakes that occurred, happened exactly on this cycle, and they were both in the top ten quakes of the last 100 years, every other day of the cycle had significant quakes, except yesterday, and last March 22nd where the large quake was two days early.

So unless we get a large quake over the next 48hrs, close enough for me to be significant but not necessarily proof of anything, I'm saying this: Whatever has caused the 188 Day EQ cycle has been mitigated, moved, changed, diminished etc.

Don't forget that almost ALL accepted science today was at one point considered "fringe", and the scientists that just even examined such science and raised questions about unexplained scientific anomalies were considered "outcasts", but later proven to be great scientists.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


We would need a longer time horizon to determine if the number of the days in the cycle has changed, for now there is no evidence of that. In the last four years, the two largest quakes that occurred, happened exactly on this cycle, and they were both in the top ten quakes of the last 100 years, every other day of the cycle had significant quakes, except yesterday, and last March 22nd where the large quake was two days early.

So unless we get a large quake over the next 48hrs, close enough for me to be significant but not necessarily proof of anything, I'm saying this: Whatever has caused the 188 Day EQ cycle has been mitigated, moved, changed, diminished etc.

Don't forget that almost ALL accepted science today was at one point considered "fringe", and the scientists that just even examined such science and raised questions about unexplained scientific anomalies were considered "outcasts", but later proven to be great scientists.



My point is there is no science in this at all. It is taking data and making the numbers work for the theory. What you have posted is that there are no set numbers for the size of quake that will occur nor does it have to occur on 188 days. Now if it were all mag 8+ quakes that occurred every 188 days then sure I would roll with it. Trouble is there is nothing precise and no measurements. There is no science behind this at all. It is not a "fringe" science, it is made up science with missed dates and plenty of excuses.

Tell you what...LINKED is a list of all mag 7+ EQ's or EQ's with fatalities in the 21st century. Show me the 188 day cycle because there are a LOT of quakes in between each 188 days that are even larger than the predecessors.



posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

a 7.1 in indonesia today. Fairly close to the estimate. Not sure I buy the 188/187 day timeline, but it is interesting



posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
www.usatoday.com...

a 7.1 in indonesia today. Fairly close to the estimate. Not sure I buy the 188/187 day timeline, but it is interesting


Yes, its close, but a little off the parameters I would have called large enough and close enough to be associated with the 188 day cycle, and those parameters were within 48 hrs of April 2nd and over 6.5, and this one was outside the window by about 30 hrs.

Still seeing lots of sinkholes, increased volcanic activity, seismic booms, daytime fireballs - so we're still being affected by something, though at this point it doesn't seem to be getting worse - but these phenomenon are still far more frequent than observed a decade or more ago.





new topics

top topics



 
136
<< 30  31  32   >>

log in

join