It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
Never mind

.... silly noob.

Got all excited for nothing....

Glad I didn't spill my coffee

Note to self and all ATS members. Only drink coffee in styro foam cup with plastic coverpour in place.

Coverpour did you like that ? Great for quakes of this magnitude.
edit on 21-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

No it didn't. This was the 187th. This year is a leap year.

ETA: the Fiji quake on september 15th
edit on 21-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

weeeeiiiirddd..

it didn't come up at all for me..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well, Pattern or no pattern it felt like tha bomb! I have also been living in Mexico City for a while and had never felt anything like what was felt today, people in the streets were fainting and screaming...
Mass hysteria making the rounds...

There are some reports of more than a thousand homes with broken windows and fractures, specially in Oaxaca, the epicenter.

Its oscillatory nature made me feel for an instant like if I was going to faint or something, well, heres hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
Which takes me to the next issue, Mexico City was built OVER a huge lake that was half drained by the Spaniards, earthquakes seem to be felt twice as hard because of that fact in the central part of the city, so when will we learn? this is just as silly as building next to rivers and volcanoes, but hey, I guess we humans like it tough, or else we don't feel the love...

That 188 days seems like a stretch to me, but one can never know, we still have some days to see if this was all bull, or the beginning of something else entirely...

Cheers!

BTW, cell phones were out for almost 5 hours, strange thing is that wireless mobile phone internet wasn't affected, in some cases I couldn't make calls or text, but could access the internet on my phone...

edit on 21-3-2012 by TheOneEyedProphet because: strange days

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Exactly, so there was an extra day, making this the 188th day, March 11th 2011 - March 21st 2012 = 376 days, that is 188 x 2, and all I was asking was what was the big quake in between!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Yea I don't get it either.. haha- but I expect to not get it. I don't really no about this stuff, just find it highly interesting. I took a class in private investigation, so I tend to find things like this..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You would think I would have been more careful after your incident..

link   
anyone notice this going around now, I guess mexico had a drill that day, what are the odds

look at the date, wow and to the exact 7.9

the article is in spanish i used the translate and took a snippet
edit on 21-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I covered it all in this thread..

you're a day off. we're counting from 188 days back not 376 or whatever. and there's a site for that..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The only thing I really was able to find was this article, which clearly states the epiccenter was Guerrero and not Oxacana

Strong, Long 7.9 Quake hits Mexico City

But I don't know anymore.

I mean is it possible to make that kinda of mistake?

The two places are 304 km apart (via google driving directions LOL)

Answer: 304 km = 188.896 mi.
OR 188 mi. and 1578.4 yd

So is mistaking an epicenter 188 miles apart common?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
here is a link to a website showing the exact date of the drill which is march 20th 2012 at noon, a drill for a 7.9 eq.
the article is from March 2nd.

that is so strange.

I love google translate lol.

site showing article link

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
error factor , not even the angels in heaven are perfect, so dates vary by variences because of factors even the smartest do not know of yet. The hard heads ,the block heads , the dumb heads , the blank heads , and the smart heads work together as one head . They are all part of a whole and unknowingly in some cases and many will never understand fully what I just said but it is meant too be this way.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldrockinchair
error factor , not even the angels in heaven are perfect, so dates vary by variences because of factors even the smartest do not know of yet. The hard heads ,the block heads , the dumb heads , the blank heads , and the smart heads work together as one head . They are all part of a whole and unknowingly in some cases and many will never understand fully what I just said but it is meant too be this way.

well these people were smart enough to a drill with a fake 7.9 eq on a day when a real 7.9 eq happens. that blows my mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
umm what you didnt know this wa a pre planned simulation that was displayed a month ago. Check it out this isnt the quake we are waiting for
keep waiting and watching fellas i dont post but felt this need to be seen

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by immortalreiku
umm what you didnt know this wa a pre planned simulation that was displayed a month ago. Check it out this isnt the quake we are waiting for
keep waiting and watching fellas i dont post but felt this need to be seen

cool thats exactly what I said in above posts but you found a video on it, awesome. thanks for this.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I'm on your side here pal, I'm just doing the maths, this is a new one to me, and.....

Basing it off the Japanese quake, local time:

There was 189 days between the Japanese quake and the Fiji one (March 11th 2011 2:45pm - September 16th 2011 2:30am(?))

There was 187 days between Fiji and this one in Mexico (Sep 16th 2011 2:30am(?) - March 21st 2012 6am)

Obviously the 188 day theory is flawed by +/- 1 day, and given the amount of earthquakes worldwide, it is most likely just a rather large co-incidence.
edit on 21/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I am in Mexico also.What is annoying to me is that many people on here are talking like this was no big deal.Like it didn´t excite and stimulate their doomsday obsession.Tell that to all of the people who were injured or who are now without homes.For me this was one of the scariest experiences in my life.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by immortalreiku

again with the 7.9.. I'm so confused...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by immortalreiku

Unbelievable ! Glad you don't post all the time with mind blowers like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join