It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hope no ones hurt. sad but we were correct , but we had to warn anyone who was able to listen to reason. maybe we saved one life and it was ,worth it all . at this point in the eliptical orbit the earth is still under great pressure while we are in this window for some days to come. 20, 21,22,23 ,24

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

A point for old corp. You sly ole dog.

I see Mind is still with us. Addictive isn't it.

edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Amen.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I do love defending and propagating the truth, that is no lie.

And just because I'm relatively new to posting doesn't mean I haven't lurked here for a long time.

Sorry--using that old noggin' of mine again, silly me!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
I do love defending and propagating the truth, that is no lie.

And just because I'm relatively new to posting doesn't mean I haven't lurked here for a long time.

Sorry--using that old noggin' of mine again, silly me!

That's what I love about this site, while you are welcome to give your opinion on things you shouldn't shoot people down while doing so. What may be truth to some may be false to others and vice versa, can't I believe that the 188 day cycle might actually mean something, without being called a quack. Be nice, and be fair and you won't be labeled a troll in the future.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hello again-

can anyone explain why intellicast is showing two earthquakes- but every other site it showing one?

intellicast

Was it two separate earthquakes or was this just a mistake?

I have trouble believing it's a mistake because it's been up there for at least 8+ hours..

USGS

Earthquake Details This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 7.4 Date-Time Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 18:02:48 UTC
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 12:02:48 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 16.662°N, 98.188°W Depth 20 km (12.4 miles)
Region OAXACA, MEXICO Distances 136 km (84 miles) SSW of Huajuapan de Leon, Oaxaca, Mexico 162 km (100 miles) WSW of Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico 170 km (105 miles) SE of Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico 322 km (200 miles) SSE of MEXICO CITY, D.F., Mexico Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.8 km (9.8 miles); depth +/- 6.5 km (4.0 miles) Parameters NST=438, Nph=440, Dmin=312.8 km, Rmss=0.88 sec, Gp= 79°, M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9 Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Location: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Event ID usc0008m6h

USGS 7.9 Report

Earthquakes Hazards Learn Prepare Monitoring Research Magnitude 7.4 - OAXACA, MEXICO 2012 March 20 18:02:48 UTC Versión en Español Details Summary Maps Scientific & Technical Tsunami Earthquake Details This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 7.4 Date-Time Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 18:02:48 UTC Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 12:02:48 PM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 16.662°N, 98.188°W Depth 20 km (12.4 miles) Region OAXACA, MEXICO Distances 136 km (84 miles) SSW of Huajuapan de Leon, Oaxaca, Mexico 162 km (100 miles) WSW of Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico 170 km (105 miles) SE of Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico 322 km (200 miles) SSE of MEXICO CITY, D.F., Mexico Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.8 km (9.8 miles); depth +/- 6.5 km (4.0 miles) Parameters NST=438, Nph=440, Dmin=312.8 km, Rmss=0.88 sec, Gp= 79°, M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9 Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Location: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Event ID usc0008m6h

USGS 7.4 Report
looking for current source.. brb
edit on 20-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: fixed the noobieness (most of it
)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
Hello again-

can anyone explain why intellicast is showing two earthquakes- but every other site it showing one?

intellicast

Was it two separate earthquakes or was this just a mistake?

I have trouble believing it's a mistake because it's been up there for at least 8+ hours..

I noticed you mention that a few hours ago, or maybe someone else. That's very weird. And it lists 2 separate magnitudes, and locations...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
That's what I love about this site, while you are welcome to give your opinion on things you shouldn't shoot people down while doing so. What may be truth to some may be false to others and vice versa, can't I believe that the 188 day cycle might actually mean something, without being called a quack. Be nice, and be fair and you won't be labeled a troll in the future.

As much as we all dig wearing the Light & Love garb up in here, we all know there is a fair share of quackery going on in ATS. No one will deny that.

I didn't call anyone a quack. I said I was tired of quackery in ATS. Just like whats-his-name didn't call me immature, but said he was tired of immaturity here.

See, it's all good

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Yea I edited it and added an additional source. It looks like it was two earthquakes.. and MSM seems to be focusing on the 7.4.. which was not the highest mag- that was the 7.9 one..

hmm...

and they were practically simultaneous.. geez 5 seconds apart..
edit on 20-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: more thoughts

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by camus154

Yea I edited it and added an additional source. It looks like it was two earthquakes.. and MSM seems to be focusing on the 7.4.. which was not the highest mag- that was the 7.9 one..

hmm...

Tsk tsk, check the date on your Reuters link

edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by hapablab

As much as we all dig wearing the Light & Love garb up in here, we all know there is a fair share of quackery going on in ATS. No one will deny that.

I didn't call anyone a quack. I said I was tired of quackery in ATS. Just like whats-his-name didn't call me immature, but said he was tired of immaturity here.

See, it's all good

okedoke, don't get me wrong, I am no hippy but who doesn't like light and love. but okedoke all good I guess

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Zoom all the way into the intellicast map, you won't find a marker for the 7.9.. The just haven't updated the list/feed yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sure a 7.6 is powerful, but its no 9.0....

Im no geologist, but generally the higher the magnitude the less the frequency. I havent seen a 7.anything on a while now so we were somewhat 'overdue'.

Also regarding the 188 day cycle, everyone was saying the earth axis shifted 3 inches the first time, then 4 inches... they were expecting the earth axis to shift 5+ inches this time? Well that didnt happen. 6.something earthquakes are common almost on a daily level. This 7.6 doesnt qualify in my book, sorry.

I do agree the recent 188 day cycle is strange, but I have a hard time believing its some 'heavy mass object' or what-have-you. More likely some strange coincidence or something having to do in general with the equinox or something. (going way off track here, just spouting the first thing that comes to mind).

Ill wait a few more days for an 8.5+ but until that happens, this whole 188 day cycle is definitively broken in my book!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator
Ill wait a few more days for an 8.5+ but until that happens, this whole 188 day cycle is definitively broken in my book!

Someone already dispelled the 188 day thingy quite well elsewhere:

Source

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ugh! I saw
I fixed it thought and updated it and found two separate USGS reports..

So were there two or not lol?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator
Sure a 7.6 is powerful, but its no 9.0....

Im no geologist, but generally the higher the magnitude the less the frequency. I havent seen a 7.anything on a while now so we were somewhat 'overdue'.

Also regarding the 188 day cycle, everyone was saying the earth axis shifted 3 inches the first time, then 4 inches... they were expecting the earth axis to shift 5+ inches this time? Well that didnt happen. 6.something earthquakes are common almost on a daily level. This 7.6 doesnt qualify in my book, sorry.

I do agree the recent 188 day cycle is strange, but I have a hard time believing its some 'heavy mass object' or what-have-you. More likely some strange coincidence or something having to do in general with the equinox or something. (going way off track here, just spouting the first thing that comes to mind).

For the 187th time, today was the 187th day... not time for ANY conclusions yet...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ugh! I saw
I fixed it thought and updated it and found two separate USGS reports..

So were there two or not lol?

I don't think so.. thankfully

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Never mind

.... silly noob.

Got all excited for nothing....

Glad I didn't spill my coffee

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't buy the 188 day thing, but, in case no-one has mentioned it (there seems to be a lot of arguing over the date), this quake has struck on the 188th day.

Well, it has actually struck 376 days after the Japanese one, 376 / 2 = 188.

The Japanese one struck March 11th 2011, 2:46pm local time (GMT +9)

This one struck roughly 9:00pm GMT on the 20th March, that would put Japan 6am 21st March, and it is a leap year, so that gives 376 days since the Japanese quake. (minus 8 or so hours)

People shouldn't be working off their own time zones, lol.

Just saying :-p

EDIT: So what big quake happened 188 days ago?
edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Zoom all the way into the intellicast map, you won't find a marker for the 7.9.. The just haven't updated the list/feed yet.

I did zoom in and I'm still getting it zooming all the way in.. I'm just gonna agree and chalk it up to an error, but I don't know it still seems a bit odd to me.

edit on 21-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: photo add

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join