It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If YOU were President of the United States...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Neo the POTUS:

1. Fire and jail Eric Holder
2. Fire every congressman and have their state select representatives who have never held public office.
3. End the Federal Reserve.
4. Reverse every single legislation that Obama has signed.
5 Reverse every single legislation that Bush Signed
6. Privatize Social Security and let people do what they want to with their own money
7. End unemployment payments and welfare with the privatization of SS it is not needed.
8. Fire 90% of Government employees
9.. Cut Government employees pensions and benefits in half.

10 and 11 are optional nuke Iran and Saudi Arabia hell why not the entire middle east would stabilze.
12. kick the un out of the us.
13. Don't like vote me out the next election.

edit on 19-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Wow, too many posters on ATS that I would vote for.

you have my second choice

Now my question is this, if everyone on ATS makes more sense than our current government potential front runners do to become the President. Why do we keep the same varmints in office

edit on 19-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Like I have said so many times in the past. A bum off any current city street in any nation-state within America, with a birth-certificate, could do a better job as Potus

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If I were president I would want to run the office
in such a way that Jesus Christ would vote for me.
Would Jesus vote for your candidate ?

The silence gun has struck again...
edit on 19-3-2012 by sealing because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh and also, all kinds of fireworks would be legal in every state and the seat belt law would be abolished.

Patriot Act... gone. Homeland security... gone. TSA... I'll keep it but they would be more relaxed, actually I would differentiate airports based on international and local, only international airports would suffer increased scrutiny. Anybody messes with us afterwards, I'll deal with em and let it be done. SOPA wouldn't ever be heard of again, the MPAA would be abolished. Ticket quotas would be removed... oh god I could go on and on.

Vote for me. I'm willing to be assassinated before I give in, matter of fact I'll expect to die so if it doesn't happen I'll be pleasantly surprised.
edit on 19-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Because corruption, dirty money and politics. See, those with a clear view and understanding of the common man would never be allowed to hold a position so high. That's why, and I know ya'll don't want to hear this, Ron won't win. They'd never risk it.

Also, due to valid reminders, an amendment to my original post. I would place on trial all the bankers that could be proven were involved in that whole 07' 08' "wallstreet bailout". Their assets, if proven guilty, would be redistrubted in checks to the tax paying citizens of the nation.

While on the topic of bank reform, I would return us to a gold standard, and work to eliminate the debts to other nations, so that we could once again stand as a nation, self substained, yet also a participant in the global economics, but as a leader, not a borrower. This power would be weilded, not by banks, but the tax payer that makes it possible.

No more back door bills. The post on taking a test that required an 80% or higher of knowledge of what the bill contained, pure brillance.

Also, no more secret sessions of congress, like the ones Ron has walked out of, because the congress represents us. If they have something to say, then say it to the tax payer. Don't plot and plan while telling me it's in the best intrest of the nation while never reveiling the discussion. This cloak and dagger nonsense will not fly. All information and all policy will be placed plainly in sight for the citizens of this nation to decide.

And finally, the electorial college made sense when we lacked the ability to communicate at the speed of light. Now, we have fiber optics. Every vote can count. The system of allowing the few to decide the fate of a nation that claims to be a democracy has to come to an end. Weither you vote in RI or CA, your vote is equal. Percentage wins, not electorial votes.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: I can't spell for blip...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Oh and also, all kinds of fireworks would be legal in every state and the seat belt law would be abolished.

Patriot Act... gone. Homeland security... gone. TSA... I'll keep it but they would be more relaxed, actually I would differentiate airports based on international and local, only international airports would suffer increased scrutiny. Anybody messes with us afterwards, I'll deal with em and let it be done. SOPA wouldn't ever be heard of again, the MPAA would be abolished. Ticket quotas would be removed... oh god I could go on and on.

Vote for me. I'm willing to be assassinated before I give in, matter of fact I'll expect to die so if it doesn't happen I'll be pleasantly surprised.
edit on 19-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Wow, another I would vote for, I rest my case.

ATS has more potential front runners for Potus, than does the Rebublican and Democratic, super PAC'S and Pac's..

I digress

SM2

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
1. return to the constitution

2. secure the border

3. Tell the politicians once the decision has been made to use military force, their part has been done, now it's all in the hands of the military,Tell them the goals and stand back, let them do what they do, it will be quicker, easier and cheaper.

4. end foreign aid to most countries

5. end the DHS, TSA, BATFE, FCC, dept of education, dept of energy

6 make sure the NSA, CIA and any other "intelligence agencies" can not spy on american citizens

7. Push a constitutional amendment doing away with property tax and inheritance tax

8. term limits for congress and make sure all reps and senators receive no pension and have to use the same health care benefits the rest of the people have access to

9.write an executive order repealing all previous executive orders and ban the future use of them .

10 . Make the welfare lifestyle uncomfortable. If you need help, fine, we will help, if you want to collect a welfare check or other entitlement and you are able to work, get a job, if you do not find a job in 6 months or so, you now work for the local community to earn those benefits. Clean parks, wash government vehicles, pick up trash, etc

11. simplify the tax code and eliminate the income tax

12. push a balanced budget amendment

13. return us to the gold standard

14. outlaw futures trading

15. get the government out of private business completely

the list would go on a bit more, but you get the idea

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

wow. you got it all planned out. and all great ideas, really. but you need to remember something. if you were president you would have an agenda to follow and it sure in heck isn't going to be what you planned. if you don't follow it, you will be assassinated.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
1. Make drugs LEGAL and tax the sale of them (those that want to do them....will anyways)
2. Charge a tax on ALL imports at least 100% (this would stimulate business to make products and export them.) not make products elsewhere and import them.
3. Abolish all laws except the constitution. (F the weak)
4. Abolish all social services and unemployment and pensions. (those who don't put away for old age are stupid and should have family look after them. Welfare people should get jobs and stop sucking the tit. no unemployed in my country as all the jobs came back cause no one wants to import!)
5. fire everyone in a government job and make them reapply for the going wage rate. (no more pensions. Government jobs should be a service to your country, not a privilege.)
6. Guns are now legal for everyone.....It's actually mandatory you carry everywhere. (no ones taking control of a plane loaded with 3-500 rednecks carrying sidearms. Also who would try to rob you or a store if everyone is packing, including the president [ME])
7. All illegals in country without papers are sent back home. (you want amnesty.....make a claim for it, you want back, get in line. All are welcome, just do it the right way and pay your share!
8. An eye for an eye law. If you kill someone, you die, next day! no waiting around. If you rob someone, you go to jail and pay off your crime at prison minimum wage digging ditches and making license plates.
9. We get out of every country and pull out ALL forces everywhere. Military can stay on but they are designated disaster helpers and border control. (we got enough nukes that no ones gonna mess with us EVER!)
10. No more 5-6-and 7 day work weeks. you work 4 days and get 3 off and everyone is salary. Only 8 hrs a day on work days. (generates a need for more employees to fill in other days, and a decent time off for enjoying a LIFE!
11. VOTE FOR ME! Even though I'm Canadian!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Well, I don't think the president has the authority to accomplish all of that, so I would have to be the supreme dictator or something. Which hasn't worked out very well for anyone so far.

I could promise things, but that wouldn't fly here.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Respectfully NAM, I have seen no proof that expanding 3rd world market potential will anytime in the near future help to recover America from this financial crisis. In fact, I believe investing money and time in expanding world markets is little more than an expanded version of the old and failed GOP ‘trickle down’ strategy.
I might mention here that the best analogy for trickle down investment is best described in yesteryear as the ‘horse and the sparrow’, i.e. the horse eats corn and poops it out and the sparrow eats it and spreads seeds.

I would also add that I must respectfully disagree with your assessment that the wealth lost during the great recession is still around intact. As a matter of fact, figures I have seen show that a huge portion of this purported wealth was the life savings and future retirements of average income folks which was in fact lost forever.

I would also suggest this was complicated by the fact a great deal of this purported wealth existed as false equity and only in the hopeful hearts of those investing it and the minds of those driving this financial debacle.

I would say that without question, whoever the President he/she MUST think and plan ST first and integrate later with LT. Short term reinvestment in America is the only way to enable financial survival given this still flailing economy. The continued failure of home and commercial mortgages are likely to be offset by wary investors.

Unfortunately I believe America is years from clawing its way out of the chasm which is this miserable financial debacle which I believe without question, history will show as far worse an impact on America than the great depression.

I also would totally disagree with your assessment that there is a current steadily growing and improving job recovery and economy. In the past few months one only had to watch the news to see this is proven every few weeks to be untrue. Our economy continues to flop on its side like a fish out of water.

I speak to realtor, construction and banking friends around the country weekly and I agree there are isolated pockets of improvement. Having said that, I would also suggest the financial impact of these pockets are outnumbered 2 or 3 to one by the areas which continue to wallow amidst continued failures.

The commercial and housing construction industry and market are years from any major recovery. We only see small pockets with a few builders attempting to profit from tax incentives.

The housing market is IMO at least 10 years from scratching its way back to possibly 60% of its previous inflated value before the failure with little if any possibility of it ever returning to post recession levels.

Credit for a huge portion of Americans has been destroyed and the banks are only loaning to a few investors and a tiny number of real Americans who wish to purchase homes.
There is a large percentage of Americans today who are without acceptable credit to purchase a car, let alone a house.

The banks are slow playing the release of failing homes and according to many of my realtor friends are still holding millions of homes in inventory. And with home prices likely to fall again, (money.msn.com...) and even with some banks attempting to change the game by forgoing foreclosure to slow the flood of failures, they are likely to eventually break under the weight of continued repossessions.

I fear this house of cards which is the failed home inventory will in the next 2 to 5 years collapse around the banks again kicking the life from the housing market.

It long ago became apparent that realtors and others continue to propagandize the fact of this purported recovery. Couple this with a government who continues to pad the actual employment numbers with so called adjustors and you have a formula for failure.

I believe that ONLY bringing jobs back to the US stands a chance of keeping this listing ship afloat.

There is such a huge chasm between American’s cost of living and that of China, as the average urban household income in China (www.worldsalaries.org...) is so far under the current US “extreme poverty level” to even mention the two in the same sentence. It appears it could take decades, if at all to close the gap between incomes of China and America. America certainly can no longer continue to destroy the average wage of the American worker, or they will be unable to life at all.

I hesitate to say positively had America lived within its means and refused deregulation of financial institutions and the rush into the world market, this great recession would not have happened, but one certainly can now extrapolate a better plan.

The recovery of America is destined to take decades I fear and then will still leave a huge disparity in income between those who have, and those who don’t. And with the average cost to live continually spiraling upward is a knife twisting in our side.
(money.msn.com...)

And we have not even touched on health care, which Obama care will not fix, but that is another subject for another time.

Again, I mean no disrespect to your thoughts and exuberance and only wish I could believe it were true. However, I see only failure to this point which lends no positive proof of any sort.

edit on 19-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would resign...

There are only two things you get as being president...

you gain 15 years of age and get grey hair real fast...

then you are forgotten about by society 6 months after you are gone...

That sounds like a real great way to live to me...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I sure wouldn't spend money to get that president job. I can't understand why someone would even want it when you know it's so frustrating and there's so much corruption in this country. The people applying for the job should be required to take a psychiatric evaluation. Everyone would flunk.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If I were the POTUS, I would not be for long as I would dictate a executive order that said Lawyers were forbidden from holding public office or writing any bills.

They could serve on staff, but that's it.

Also all bills submitted must be no longer than the Consitution, In a font of 12.

I'm pretty sure the Bar Association would have me executed.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
First I would make the ultimate forged birth certificate...

Then I would fire everyone and hire people I trust, legalize something, paint the white house red white and blue, read the presidential book of secrets,release all UFO and Alien life information,release over 150 of Tesla's greatest patents to contractors of my choice. And get to work implementing the technology on a global scale starting a New Golden Age... Ending All War forever because everyone would be so busy enjoying this new life and working as one globally.

Of course this would mean incredible advancements in many diff fields of science, medicine a priority of course... And while we are at it health care is now free...And also because of your bonds being broken from energy consumption your wealth will accumulate 10 fold...

Create billions of new permanent jobs in doing so, cleanse the planet at the same time,while restoring the ozone layer thus increasing the Longevity and Health of all life on Earth. It would only take 25 years to turn Earth into paradise...

All that would remain a problem then would be Religion and that is a real tough one... But it seems to me that if it was more personal and private like your relationship to God is supposed to be. If it was against the law to force your beliefs on others in any way shape or form excluding debating purposes well that itself would go a long way...

Most are probably wondering why I am thinking globally instead of merely the United States? These problems effect the world and the USA is the World superpower... So why not act like it and lead the way...

Hey you asked... If this seems like it could never happen that my rant is based on fantasy, well I guess that's where the real problem lies...

I guess we all have to Truly Wake Up First...

edit on 20-3-2012 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What are you crazy?I wouldn't be a good choice, I'm intelligent enough to know better.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Some things I'd try to do are:

Have a harsher stance on illegal immigrants and the people who hire them. End their benefits except for emergency services. Many poor Americans can't qualify for many of the services illegal immigrants get access to and that's just wrong.

Have a constitutional way of offering UHC that doesn't mandate everybody be slaves to the government.

Increase NASA's budget by a factor of ten.

Bring our boys home from Afghanistan. But warn the terrorists that I'd nuke Mecca with pork blood from a cruise missile or three if they tried any other acts of terrorism against us. Stop useless political wars.

Put American people first.

Mandate an infrastructure for electric and biodiesel cars. Save oil for things like the military and airlines.

End bailouts to the rich and powerful. If you're going to fail you're doing it wrong and you need to change your way of doing things. Put that money to help poor Americans rather than people who don't need it at all.

Stop RIAA's madness and declare RIAA terrorists using the USA Patriot Act

Stop high gas prices and if they resist declare them terrorists using the USA Patriot Act. Stop rising costs period. The only reason why they rise is because of greed and nothing more. They don't need to rise. There's no real reason for it and the reasons they use are just crap.

Do what I can to put more people to work.

Fix our crumbling infrastructure.

Do what I can to keep corporations out of politics so the government can truly be for and by the people again.

End Fred Phelps and his band using any means necessary.

Enact more anti-bullying initiatives in schools. All kids should be free from being bullied, and school should be a place for learning, not fighting and drive by shootings.

End religious displays on any government property and have all government property be purely neutral ground. Religion should be private and kept out of politics. A Christmas tree and some Christmas decorations are fine.

Regulate Wall Street to hold it accountable for both immoral and illegal acts of greed and corruption.

End the TSA or install unobtrusive scanners that a person can walk through without evening knowing it was there. End this groping nonsense.

Initiate an atheist awareness education program to end the disgusting crap going around about atheists.

Enact a real history and science channel, and enact an Art channel that is all about art, the history of art and art techniques. And a real Science Fiction channel. And forbid them from enacting any reality shows like Pawn Stars and the like.

And of course, protect all civil rights and liberties. Especially the second and first amendments.

End Eminent Domain.

And have my own cruise ship call it America One.

Limit Child Protective Services' power. They have too much power these days and it seems they can take a child away for really just about any reason.

End pop up ads during a television show. I want to see the TV show, not an ad for another show during the show. That's unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

But, you would be called Mr.President for the rest of your life.
You would have a museum,an aircraft carrier and a school named
after you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Ban guns and sign you poor sods back into the british empire with enforced tea breaks while hiding my british birth certificate long enough to get god save the queen played in every class in america followed by banning your crap beer and words like color in favour of the correct british terms, then i'd post a photo of my british birth certificate on here and watch the storm as half the site thinks its a fake

and finally i'd get nasa to build a giant space cannon and load the cast of jersey shore into it and aim it at the sun and collect my nobel prize

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I would give everyone a Home, Food, Education, Healthcare. The World has plenty, there is no reason for anyone to go without anything! Money is just paper! It was created just to control us!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join