It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret files reveal 9,000 Nazi war criminals fled to South America after WWII

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

Most, perhaps as many as 5,000, went to Argentina; between 1,500 and 2,000 are thought to have made it to Brazil; around 500 to 1,000 to Chile; and the rest to Paraguay and Uruguay.
These numbers do not include several hundred more who fled to the safety of right-wing regimes in the Middle East.
Previous estimates as

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/20/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, just a few more escaped than was first thought?

Interesting history... used search, didnt get this already up, so apologies if I messed up folks.

Argentina's President Peron SOLD 10,000 blank passports to ODESSA.

Doesnt surprise me that more than thought got away from justice...

STORY HERE

Pravdaseeker

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117093/Secret-files-reveal-9-000-Nazi-war-criminals-fled-South-America-WWII.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/ur l]
edit on 19-3-2012 by pravdaseeker because: link messed up

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
its no wonder the argentinians hate us brits then since we beat them at the war once you realise that probably most of the political elite is paid for with stuff stolen during ww2

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Many South American countries postwar were ruled by fascist-style military dictatorships that welcomed the brutal servants of Nazism with few questions asked.

Mr Steintz said: 'Already we see something of a pattern in the way these criminals operated. They almost always entered the country alone and sent for their families afterwards.

'And most entered on a passport of the International Red Cross. Eight hundred higher functionaries of the SS and Nazi state entered Argentina alone on such passports.'

The files show that the contact point for many was German Bishop Alois Hudal, priest-confessor to the German Catholic community in Rome.

Investigators hope that the files will yield up cross references to the secret services of Chile and Brazil detailing names of intelligence agents who helped the Nazi war criminals.

Lot's of room for investigation here..... but let us not forget that these were the "official" escapees... to them we must also add the "Operation Paper Clip" crews, the Soviets snagged a bunch more, and I suspect many other nations did too..... "The victors write the history books..."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings Maxmars... RIGHT ON..... And those who were off the radar were even MORE..eh??

Boy, how true it is that "the victors write the history"...

As an after thought.. I was wondering... Were these secret files known to exist all along? And were withheld to protect the escapees? Or protect the governments complicit in the escapes?

Orrrr were they recently unearthed or "FOUND"???

I heard from a co worker who was a LDS missionary to that region years ago.. he said it was not uncommon to hear German spoken on the streets and there were LOTS of good looking fair skinned blonde ladies there...lol.

Evidently they created a microcosm of Germany.. kinda like our "Chinatowns" in the USA.. districts, or areas where a certain group of people congregate to live..

Good points Maxmars

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Concerning the ones that may have escaped to Uruguay, there's a really weird construction in the Uruguayan coast, built in between 1945 and 1948 called "La Quimera" (The Chimera) but which is usually referred to as "El nido del águila" (The eagle's nest) or simply "El aguila" (The eagle).

It was built by an Italian businessman and no on is really sure what was it used for. The most spread theories are that it was:
A) A deposit/trading spot for smugglers.
B) A hiding place for migrating Nazis. In case someone approached the Uruguayan coast from the East (which makes sense if you are sailing from Europe) a giant eagle's head near the beach would be easily spotted and identified as a safe heaven.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And of course Wernher Von Braun - A former member of the Nazi party, commissioned Sturmbannführer of the SS and decorated Nazi war hero - was scooped up (along with other Nazi scientists) and commissioned to start Operation Paperclip.

Then, as we know, they founded NASA.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCorporateBeast

Hello Corporate Beasty...lol...

GREAT additional info there, and the photo is supreme...excellent points as well...

A note to long ago Nazi escapees?.... "LOOK FOR THE EAGLES NEST, THERE YOU WILL FIND SANCTUARY"

I find this pretty darn plausible, due to Hitlers ties to the Austrian eagles nest villa he had built for him..

It was considered his safest and most comforting abode... the "dots" are compelling eh??

Wow, sounds like a good James Bond movie could be made from this...lol..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker

Hmmmmm, just a few more escaped than was first thought?

Interesting history... used search, didnt get this already up, so apologies if I messed up folks.

Argentina's President Peron SOLD 10,000 blank passports to ODESSA.

Doesnt surprise me that more than thought got away from justice...

STORY HERE

Pravdaseeker

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117093/Secret-files-reveal-9-000-Nazi-war-criminals-fled-South-America-WWII.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/ur l]
edit on 19-3-2012 by pravdaseeker because: link messed up

how many do you suppose are still alive?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

If this many escaped to south america, I have a VERY hard time believing hitler killed himself in a bunker...if anything him and his cronies would be the first to escape. would we honestly expect anything admirable (suicide) from a man like hitler?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Hello rebellender..good question.

I believe the ANSWER to this question, is perhaps the reason for its "release to the public"....??

Since 67 or 66 yrs is such a ODD # to base a official de-classifying of documents on....(Most state archive are in round figures like 50, 75, or 100 yrs before declassifying them to the public)

My gut tells me that "maybe" the last of the last, finally passed away....and THEN they let the info out??

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll give you 9,000 Nazis but were they ALL 'war criminals"? Alleged? Convicted?
edit on 19-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A thought, perhaps people could see if the Vatican has been in contact recently with anyone from south America...

Hitler youth pope..

Another thought, imagine if fast and furious was actually used to supply the new nazi regimes with firearms...

Another thought... Ancestry.com... I wonder if they have come across any hitler blood... Think about this, if they wanted to have the SS breed like crazy to make some über man... Maybe they haven't stopped... I wonder if the nazis use that site to track down their brethren... Or kidnap the children with the traits they like...

Makes you wonder about white girls who end up missing in south America...

Hell, now that I think of it, let's put up a border fence to keep the nazis out!!! Well, after we determine who is a nazi in America, send them south or better yet, let them hang.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Most, perhaps as many as 5,000, went to Argentina; between 1,500 and 2,000 are thought to have made it to Brazil; around 500 to 1,000 to Chile; and the rest to Paraguay and Uruguay.
These numbers do not include several hundred more who fled to the safety of right-wing regimes in the Middle East.
Previous estimates as

Only 9,000? lol -- S&F this is an important topic. Hope it gets the attention it deserves.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by TheCorporateBeast

Hello Corporate Beasty...lol...

GREAT additional info there, and the photo is supreme...excellent points as well...

A note to long ago Nazi escapees?.... "LOOK FOR THE EAGLES NEST, THERE YOU WILL FIND SANCTUARY"

I find this pretty darn plausible, due to Hitlers ties to the Austrian eagles nest villa he had built for him..

It was considered his safest and most comforting abode... the "dots" are compelling eh??

Wow, sounds like a good James Bond movie could be made from this...lol..

Pravdaseeker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hitler's "Eagle Nest" was in Germany,
although it was near the Austrian border. It's usually associated with Berchtesgaden.
edit on 19-3-2012 by AuranVector because: format

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

Hello rebellender..good question.

I believe the ANSWER to this question, is perhaps the reason for its "release to the public"....??

Since 67 or 66 yrs is such a ODD # to base a official de-classifying of documents on....(Most state archive are in round figures like 50, 75, or 100 yrs before declassifying them to the public)

My gut tells me that "maybe" the last of the last, finally passed away....and THEN they let the info out??

Pravdaseeker

I think you got it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by pravdaseeker

If this many escaped to south america, I have a VERY hard time believing hitler killed himself in a bunker...if anything him and his cronies would be the first to escape. would we honestly expect anything admirable (suicide) from a man like hitler?

You bring up an interesting controversy -- there really isn't any hard evidence that Hitler died in that bunker.

That suicide is "honorable" is arguable. Hitler would have been an idiot to allow himself to be captured alive.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I'll give you 9,000 Nazis but were they ALL 'war criminals"? Alleged? Convicted?
edit on 19-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

I guess you could say they were "alleged" war criminals by association.

I don't think the surviving Nazi powers would have wasted any chips smuggling out just any German. They were all (probably) considered committed Nazis who had served the Fatherland well.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore
A thought, perhaps people could see if the Vatican has been in contact recently with anyone from south America...

Hitler youth pope..

Another thought, imagine if fast and furious was actually used to supply the new nazi regimes with firearms...

Another thought... Ancestry.com... I wonder if they have come across any hitler blood... Think about this, if they wanted to have the SS breed like crazy to make some über man... Maybe they haven't stopped... I wonder if the nazis use that site to track down their brethren... Or kidnap the children with the traits they like...

Makes you wonder about white girls who end up missing in south America...

Hell, now that I think of it, let's put up a border fence to keep the nazis out!!! Well, after we determine who is a nazi in America, send them south or better yet, let them hang.

I remember watching some documentary where Hitler's relatives were tracked down. Most died decades ago.

But there was Hitler's nephew* who survived to breed. He came to the US (I think it was before WWII started). In any case, the children of Hitler's nephew live under a changed name and never bred. Last living somewhere on Long Island.

As for "White girls who end up missing in South America," it's more likely they would be sold into brothels than end up in some SS breeding program. Although I don't rule out the possibility.

* Hitler's nephew, William Patrick Hitler (Stuart-Houston) was the son of Adolf Hitler's half-brother, Alois Hitler, Jr.

Willy Hitler (1911 - 1987) left Germany in 1939 and came to the US. After WWII, Willy changed his surname to Stuart-Houston. He had four sons (one died in 1989) -- none had issue (children).

edit on 19-3-2012 by AuranVector because: to add info

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I think you are right. When ever the media touched the hitler suicide in historical docus I find it hard to believe that such a natural coward has the guts to put a bullet in his own brain.

Top nazi's prepared escape routes and ways to secure their loot for future needs. The nazis shot hitlers double and burned him to ashes...having him indentified by his teeth. It would not surprise me if the US government has a file somewhere of his whereabouts after the war.

There is this picture of werner von braun with a broken arm and his fellow rocketeers posing in front of a camera. I do not know if it is true but I always imagined that this picture was taken just after the deal they made with the americans.

That smile on his face in that picture should have been surgical removed and he and his henchmen should have been disappeared into a deep underground bunker and never heared of again. I have no evidence for it but my feel says he was not the kind man we all did see in interviews.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join