It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Trimester Abortions, What Is Your Stance On Them?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I personally feel like you are trying to spoof your postings / thread creating. This has been discussed time and time again.

Any kind of abortion is wrong. It's that simple , aborting a baby whose mother impregnated through rape is wrong , however , I my personal belief she should have a choice. I'm messed up yeah , but if i was raped or my wife was raped , I don't know what i would think or do so i am not going to pretend abortion wouldn't be in my mind.

It's between her and God in the case of rape , it's just how i feel about it.

Abortion because you had sex one to many times and got unlucky? Um .. no. Welcome to reality.

edit on 20-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I am 100% for the parents right for post-uterus abortion up to at least 18 years old.

But yeah, while I do think there are far too many birth control options available to warrant the sheer amount of abortions that are done annually, I really don't care. What good does it do to have no abortions, and as a result millions of terrible parents? You might want to wish for that all you want, just remember there are plenty of countries that don't really do abortions, heck some even get their young pregnant as soon as they are fertile......and some countries have been to the moon while other still carry baskets on their head (presumably because they haven't discovered the wheel?).

Heck, I think we should force abortions in many cases. It would solve a major crime problem we are living with today. Think about it logically when your not busy with your hippie drum circle.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texasbud
I understand there are acceptable reasons for an abortion, but for a normal pregnancy I am against it. Here's why....
I knew a young woman (20yrs.) who had a newborn. It was painfully obvious this young mother viewed her child as a tremendous burden. The child was a beautiful girl, very bright, and full of love. Mom resented her for getting in the way of her date nights and her daily routine. Soon after this child was born, the mother became pregnant again. She couldn't handle the thought of having another baby pulling her strings so she went to the doctor and aborted the "fetus." The mother "felt" as if she had done something wrong and lived the remainder of her life with a huge guilt complex. You see, a little more than a year after her abortion she drove her car into a culvert at 70mph. Her "burdens" were finally lifted. I am not trying to say she died because she had an abortion, I am merely pointing out that she wanted freedom to do as she pleased. I knew her well and the first child is my lovely granddaughter.

Some abortions are understood, in my opinion, but most are done for selfish reasons. If play, you pay.....one way or another.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know some women are for it, or against it, but I've read where some who've made the choice, regretted it, and others didn't. To me it's sad either way. Again sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by couldbeanyone
reply to post by Evanzsayz

well think about it... someone who wants an abortion so late in the game is either dumb enough not to realize she's pregnant or cruel enough not to care. either way the world has far too many children that are not being taken care of. are you going to adopt them? how many kids have you adopted? how many children have you fostered? unless the world is going to take care of our orphans then i don't have any problem with someone deciding not to have a baby, abortion or not. it is between them and god.

I would. Foster or adoption. No I haven't adopted but I'd love to. If only my daughter weren't violent from missing part of her brain. I know that as much as I'd love to have another child, it just isn't in the cards for me. I was devastated when I miscarried last January. I wanted to have the child more than anything. To hell with my age, or circumstances. But I think God knew my husband would leave me and I'd go through what I'm going through now with my daughter. As devastating as my 5th miscarriage was, I firmly believe God never gives you more than you can handle. To this day, sometimes, between the separation and knowing I will never again hold a small child in my arms and mold him/her, nor shape them, *shrugs* what can I do? I can mourn, but I have to move on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
I believe women have the right to decide whether or not they bring a child into the world, who am I to judge without any knowledge of their circumstances, mental health, situation etc etc?

You know, I think everyone would agree with you that women have a right to decide whether or not to bring a child into the world. The problem arises when some make decisions which end in them actually doing so. By then it is too late. There may be any number of reasons why they believe that child shouldn't have been brought into existence, but once it exists, all those reasons don't justify trying to retroactively solve the problem by killing the new life.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
Threads with Abortion issues always feel like an attempt to stir up animosity and tension amongst members.

I've seen countless threads such as these, and the outcome is always the same = no resolution. Some people agree, and some people disagree with abortion.

I believe women have the right to decide whether or not they bring a child into the world, who am I to judge without any knowledge of their circumstances, mental health, situation etc etc?

Opinions do not really matter, abortions will continue regardless.

Dear OP,
I totally agree with AmazonOfArtemis,

a) this isn't Above Top Secret
b) it yet another post about abortion - i'm sure there are better forums for that, no?
c) it is just another "looking to cause strife" topic
d) it's none of our business and our opinions are worthless since it's THE woman who's having the abortion choice

I think that answers this OP as succinctly as possible, without letting my fury vent through, and believe me it really wants to vent.....

T

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wish I could give calstorm more than one star.

I had a girlfriend that has a daughter (yes I'm old) and she like you had a baby in her second trimester - beautiful baby girl, no problems health wise and smart - smart as they come, sweet little baby. I got to hold her.

Your reply was like mine. Once the cow is out of the barn it's hard to get the damn thing back in. So's best to make sure our young are really educated very well as to the facts of life.

You play - you pay.

But sees here, people now, they don't want to pay the piper no more, oh no - they want to play and not pay.

Well, I too am not a Christian, I'm spiritual and ready to admit I don't have all the answers but I do know pure and simple what is murder and what is not murder and while I don't believe Moses came off a mountain with two stone tablets, in fact most of them there Bible stories are primitive man's explanation for advance visitors they had no way to explain (ancient astronauts / other dimensional) I do think most of those "laws" were very good ones.

The shortest of of those laws was "Thou shalt not kill"............didn't say who, what, when, no loop holes, no fancy jargon like people today throw around to ease their conscious when they up and want to do something they know is wrong - pure and simple.

Harm none.

Now normally I would say in the first trimester it's none of my business and I've been pro-abortion almost my whole adult life.

But now, after holding my friend's precious grand daughter, so tiny.

I agree with you.

It's murder pure and simple.

Why can't people now days get it through their minds, you play you pay unless you are careful.

Oh and by the way, I am the product of a love affair. Not proud of this fact, wish I had been born normal, like in a marriage, with a mommy and daddy to walk me down the aisle. Wish he would have given me the privilege of his last name (Monroe, 1st cousin to Vaughn Monroe).

I wasn't planned, came 1 month early to a mother of 43 who treated me like I was the Sun, Moon and Stars - I was her (and his, he came to visit every Saturday) I was their everything.

Then they, being older died. My mother when I was 9 and him, I hear two years later.

The result of their "union".................a daughter (me) now three tall, handsome grandsons and a beautiful great grand daughter, tall and thin, pretty and smart as they come.

Life - it continues on even when we don't sometimes plan it.

My mother didn't know she was pregnant until a month before I was born.

Would I have been one of those aborted fetuses? Just another piece of trash?

I use to say, I have no right to tell another woman what to do with her body..................well I don't, you want to color your hair pink and green, get a snake tattoo, a ring in your nose, go for it girl.

But, when it comes to killing another, defenseless human baby - I draw the line there and I'm not even Christian and I can see the wrongness.

In China they take a baby girl and drown em at birth - after the full 9 months, go research on the net, I'm not lying.

Are we headed that away?

You betcha, TPTB, (the elite 1%) there's too many of us waking the f up and so they want us to drown, cut up and pump poison into the baby (see we even give him/her a fancy name "fetus" so we don't have to deal with or pay for our mistake and feel bad about it.

Life is precious. Possibly we only go around once according to a man in another post that replied to me. He "died" and there was nothing.

Below 22 Week old baby..........not a fetus, a thing, a oooops, sorry my bad...........flesh and blood family.

I was a mistake - never meant to be and I am happily married, had a prom, a small (tiny wedding), 3 sons, a grand daughter, two homes, we've saved multiple dogs and cats from being gassed, I help at a homeless shelter, I've save multiple people from death (Code Blue).

My mother's mistake resulted in me and my life when I take my leave of this heartless, cruel reptilian world - I know in my heart my unplanned for life meant something to at least a few other people.

** WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURE OF AN ABORTION

I draw the line at murder.

You young folks out there reading this here it is, you stick your willy in the girl's vagina and even if you don't cum you could end up parents - there out in plain black n white and everyone ought to be telling their young ones the facts of life so's they can't use the excuse, "Well I didn't know, I thought............."

We're edging closer and closer to regression as a species. Becoming more cruel not kind with our technology.

That ain't good, it's evil.
edit on 20-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Because biological life begins at conception, I believe abortion should be avoided altogether. Logically, a zygote is not less essential to the formation of a human being than a brain is, and I believe we should respect the totality of human life.

With that said, I am deeply sympathetic to women who are impregnated as a result of rape or incest. I would not judge them if they had an abortion.

edit on 20-3-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: Language

edit on 20-3-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: Language

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The issue of abortion is a conspiracy............you see the elite 1% the real Powers That Be, the real wizards behind the curtain want us to kill each other off.

They have multiple ways of manipulating us into doing the dirty work for them, so's they can stand back and know we're doing it to ourselves and our own kind.

Everyone thinks David Icke is mad as The Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland................well got news for ya, he might be right.

Ever wonder and I've posed this question several times to many people with no answer..............where do those aborted babies oooops sorry my bad, "fetuses" end up?

Surely not in a landfill, nope betcha they are sold - I would be willing they are sold, then what?

Now read my other response - it's pure and out murder.

Now days you want to f 100 men, go for it, play around all you want, have fun at it but use not just a condom, use a condom and spermicide, an IUD (I got pregnant on a CU-7 IUD), or the pill. Hell they even now have a shot you get and boom, one shot and you're good to go do your thing for 6 - 12 months.

BUT

I draw the line at killing any defenseless baby and that is what they are babies.

Soul, who the hell really knows when that soul enters?

Could be like "the big bang" the minute the sperm finally burrows into the egg and the big bang (macrocosm/microcosm).

Don't you see the conspiracy? They don't do it the full yarn, cause that's too obvious - oh no, they take away our freedoms and let us kill ourselves inch by inch, step by step.

What's wrong with people actually paying for their mistakes.

There wouldn't be any unwanted pregnancies, if the minute a girl has her first period, her mother explained very clearly how she could now get pregnant - in very graphic language and then take her little "precious princess" to a doctor and get her a shot and a pack of condoms.

I'm not promoting sex. Personally I was deflowered at 18, night of my Senior Prom (with condom & spermicide) and he was very nice and I knew him a long time, thought we would marry.

But, now days with all the sexual garbage our kids are exposed to, hell look at the way the young girls in the adds on ATS's home page dress - come on, sex is out in the open now and free for the taking.

So at least we ought to be informing our kids, giving them safe and smart options vs. "abortions"

Smart people plan ahead - use caution (double caution).

Dumb people are just like animals, they do the act with no regard for the consequences.

Pure and simple.

And yes, I am sure to get flamed, well done on my posts here but at least I stood testimony to calling a spade a spade..............murder in the first degree of a innocent, defenseless family member - somebody with the same blood and DNA as the person allowing this.

Instead of pouring all our money into the military we ought to be pouring our money into education and social services.

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and our air force has to have a bake-sale to buy a bomber." — Robert Fulghum

22 week old "fetus"

Again I pose the question, anyone in the medical profession out there in ATS Land care to tell me where these aborted fetuses end up?????

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to ofhumandescent:

No matter where you "draw the line" regarding your personal tolerance to the choices of others, those choices remain simply that, their choices. You can draw an infinite number of lines on many different topics and acts you find reprehensible will still occur, both legal and illegal. The only person we have control over in this life is ultimately our own self, so we have the right to choose what we want for ourselves, surely. That is a fundamental right, the right to make our own choices. I know someone will argue that the unborn is a "person" who does not get to make the choice when it's mother terminates. All I can say in rebuttal to that is that I personally would not let an unwanted pregnancy get to even the 7th week of gestation, but I realize the choice of others is their own right to have and live with, and it's going to happen whether I or anyone else approves of it or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The second I looked into my firstborn's eyes, I felt him, touched him, smelled him................35 years ago, was the happiest day of my life.

There are no words to describe the feeling, we have none in the English language for the amount of and kind of love that I never knew I was capable of having.

But even before that, every time I felt him move inside of me, (My first, the child from hell if you've read my other posts, M was a handfull, moved so much the other women I worked with would laugh when they could see both hands and feet all at the same time, pushing against me).

You know in China and India they do strangle their baby girls at birth or drown them.

I wish I could take every unwanted baby, dog and cat..............silly but we humans value life so cheaply.

Even with our technology advancement, it seems we are stagnant as far as matters of the heart and soul, maybe even regressing.

Your reply was interesting, because once a human woman gives birth, to hold her baby, a part of her bloodline, her DNA, a part of her - I could not imagine anyone wanting to kill their baby.

Again, I was not planned for, I was a "mistake" and I am thankful to my mother that she gave me life.

I'm 59 and have had a wonderful life, more joys than heartaches.

My mother never treated me as a "mistake" to her I was her everything.................I found out at 29 years of age when I tried to get a real copy of my Birth Certificate - you see mine in St. Louis is sealed, I can get a Verification of Birth but not a actual copy of the Birth Certificate.

My sister told me before she died who my father was.

We're actually headed the way of the Chinese and East Indians - scary.

I've watched things progress or rather regress.

Now days with so many birth control choices in America, Canada, England and most Industrialized countries, abortion is not really called for.

Stupid people don't plan ahead.

Smart people take precautions, the more important the matter the more precautions.

It's calculated, "they" whoever in the f they are, do it slowly, step by step, inch by inch because that way most folks don't see the progression. Most folks are too short sighted.

They want us to kill each other off.

Again, I pose this question and wish someone, anyone would tell me 100% that really knows, what becomes of the "trash" in the abortion clinics????

Everything now is about money - if someone can think up a way to make a profit, it's done.

Good reply, starred.

I almost lost my second son, carried him for 10-1/2 months, they had to go in and get him, he didn't want to come out.................he's the one with the really high IQ and figured out long ago our society sucks big time. We are becoming heartless reptiles.

Step by step, inch by inch, slowly we progress or regress as humans.

Humans are suppose to be wiser than "the other animals".

I really don't have the right to tell another woman what to do with her body - BUT when within her body is another human being, not just her but another totally different human - then I call that murder.

Video link is upsetting. This one I don't know if ATS will allow so here is the link:
www.youtube.com...

It is a twelve week old abortion. The doctor and nurse after viewing the ultrasound and hearing the audio both quit the abortion profession.

For those that say at 12 weeks a baby feels no pain - watch this video. The baby fights for it's life and opens it's mouth in a silent scream.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

So, what should a woman living on the verge of poverty with severe heart problems do, should she fall pregnant? Should she risk her own life to bring a child that she cannot afford? Let's say this woman also has two children to care for, should their mother, already in a fragile state of health, risk her life to have a kid that will set the family back and endanger their well-being? Of course, this is hypothetical, but real situations like the scenario I illustrated above happen frequently in real life to real people. Some women simple can't take hormonal birth control, like myself. I already have greater than average cardiovascular risk due to having high blood pressure so I cannot risk popping a contraceptive pill that can lead me to a stroke, blood clot or heart attack. Believe me though, I do take care of myself to prevent conception despite the fact that I can't use mainstream methods of birth control. My point is, not every situation can be put in a neat little box.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am against abortion, regardless of the trimester, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy (incest, rape, etc). Two wrongs don't make a right.

End abortion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Listen dear, I don't know why you thought it wise to respond to me. I thought I made it pretty crystal clear what I thought.

I'll leave it at that. Please don't try to "educate" me with another response, i'll consider it trolling and will respond in kind.

T

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

I apologize and edited my response as general.

Did star your response.

Again, my apologies, I did not mean to troll.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If one has heart problems, poverty - get a partial hysterectomy or your tubes tied or an IUD.

After my third I got my tubes tied, no big deal.

Or use a condom and spermicide.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
I personally feel like you are trying to spoof your postings / thread creating. This has been discussed time and time again.

You got a link about a thread solely focusing on 2nd trimester abortions?
Plz share

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I'm guessing that those who are pro-abortion are mostly pro-first trimester abortions
But I am not sure on this, I can be wrong
So I decided to make a thread

I think that a 2nd trimester abortion seems to be a topic that pro-abortionists steer away from like the plague
Or maybe not... maybe a thread just needed to be created

I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of regarding 2nd trimester abortions.
As you can see from the video babies may be able to hear conversations from the womb just while in 2nd trimester.

This alone should settle the "Is it alive" question

Thoughts

A new human life begins when the sperm penetrates the egg and they combine to form one unique human individual. Once that happens, to end that life is murder as far as I am concerned. So I am anti-abortion from start to finish.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This agian? Try using the search function you'll see this same issue discused over and over agian on these boards. This looks like a sad attempt at fishing for flags to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
One last thing to consider:

Many young women that have abortions and go on to marry and eventually have a child have what is known as a awakening of what they did and go into a severe state of depression when the realization of what they did to their first child becomes apparent.

Now note I did not say all, but many sensitive individuals, that moment when they hold their first live baby in their arms figure out just what they actually did with the first one.

afterabortion.org...

www.epigee.org...

You may think you're solving a "problem" now but years later....................you will realize but it will be too late.

One thing the abortion clinics don't tell you is many (not all) women realize (too late) that women once they realize with their first born live child what they did with their first born.

Now the second video is a little too Christiany for me, even being non religious I can see it's murder. We know this on a subconsciousness level but fool ourselves on a conscious level to get out of being inconvenienced or interrupting our life or paying the piper for our folly.

They don't tell you that years later you may realize what you did, they just want your money, your business. To them, it's just tissue, and money - to you, unknowingly it is your baby, your child.

Forget the father, he may be a #e - but that baby has 1/2 of your bloodline.

There is a medical term for it Post Abortion Depression Syndrome and enough women go through it (usually after their first live birth) when it finally dawns on them what they did.

Too late.

Be prepared, if you get a abortion to have to deal with it possibly (maybe not) but many women do have psychological issues later in life, years later when they realize, when they hold that first live baby in their arms.

Again, the minute you hold that baby in your arms - there are no words to describe the kind of love you will feel. It is the strongest, bar none, type of love, even more so than your love for your husband or boyfriend.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join