It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Trimester Abortions, What Is Your Stance On Them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Since when does every ejaculation deserve a name?
The planet is grossly overpopulated as it is.
If men got pregnant, abortion would be a SACRAMENT!

Against abortion? DON"T HAVE ONE!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
Question for the females on, moms especially, at what point in your first pregnancy did you know "for real" that you were thinking and living "for two."

At each of my 12 week ultrasound scans ( I am currently expecting baby number 3
). Even if the pregnancy hadn't sunk in so far, it certainly does when you see your baby on a screen and see it's little heart beating.

I don't know if I could comfortably say I support abortion but I'm not anti-abortion either. I had to make that dreaded decision with my first child (she's 8yrs old now by the way, I just couldn't do it) so I know it is not an easy decision to make. However, I do think the limit should be lowered to under 12 weeks pregnant. By that stage you should be able to decide. After 12 weeks should ONLY be for medical reasons such as severe risk to the mother or baby if the pregnancy continues.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I just posted a picture of a baby who was ripped apart during abortion. How can you look at that and still say no person was killed? That baby was a person and he was killed.

If it was killed before the appearance of mind (5th month), then indeed, no person was killed, no matter how it looks from the outside. Its the mind which gives us value and makes us persons, not mere biological life or human DNA.

You can't compare that with birth control. An egg is not a human life form. Sperm is not a human life form. Preventing them from creating life and killing a life that already exists are two different things.

There is nothing wrong with killing life that has no mind, irregardless of its DNA sequence (human or non-human). No mind, no person, no victim, no crime.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I dont like abortion at any stage of gestation,but not in a judgemental religious way,i just love babies and it makes me feel sad.And when woman seem to be using it as birth control because they cannot be bothered to take the pill or the injection,its just not right in my mind,because i personaly believe life starts at conception.Otherwise how does the fetus grow?Growth=Life..even if it does look like nothing more than a blob for a while.If a woman falls pregnant while she was using contraception because she cannot afford,or absolutely do not want a child,at least she did the responsible thing.Still sad,but abortion in such a case is then a desperate last resort,and not just an alternative form of birth control.Most abortions can propably be avoided if woman went on birth control if there was the slightest possibility in her mind that she may have sex in the foreseeable future,and use it properly,no careless skipping of pills.In case she does forget,or has a sickness like gastro+vomiting (which reduces the effectiveness of the Pill) make sure to to have a dosage of the "morning -after pill" available. Or in case of being raped.Better to just be on birth control,than not,is my personal opinion. And if a woman dont ever want children,she may as well have herself sterilised-why not? Better to never start a life,if there's a chance you may have to kill it due to whatever personal circumstances,you know?Abortion is just a sad thing,period.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

It has a beating heart. How can anyone say that isn't a life?

edit on 19-3-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I understand there are acceptable reasons for an abortion, but for a normal pregnancy I am against it. Here's why....
I knew a young woman (20yrs.) who had a newborn. It was painfully obvious this young mother viewed her child as a tremendous burden. The child was a beautiful girl, very bright, and full of love. Mom resented her for getting in the way of her date nights and her daily routine. Soon after this child was born, the mother became pregnant again. She couldn't handle the thought of having another baby pulling her strings so she went to the doctor and aborted the "fetus." The mother "felt" as if she had done something wrong and lived the remainder of her life with a huge guilt complex. You see, a little more than a year after her abortion she drove her car into a culvert at 70mph. Her "burdens" were finally lifted. I am not trying to say she died because she had an abortion, I am merely pointing out that she wanted freedom to do as she pleased. I knew her well and the first child is my lovely granddaughter.

Some abortions are understood, in my opinion, but most are done for selfish reasons. If play, you pay.....one way or another.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texasbud
I understand there are acceptable reasons for an abortion, but for a normal pregnancy I am against it. Here's why....
I knew a young woman (20yrs.) who had a newborn. It was painfully obvious this young mother viewed her child as a tremendous burden. The child was a beautiful girl, very bright, and full of love. Mom resented her for getting in the way of her date nights and her daily routine. Soon after this child was born, the mother became pregnant again. She couldn't handle the thought of having another baby pulling her strings so she went to the doctor and aborted the "fetus." The mother "felt" as if she had done something wrong and lived the remainder of her life with a huge guilt complex. You see, a little more than a year after her abortion she drove her car into a culvert at 70mph. Her "burdens" were finally lifted. I am not trying to say she died because she had an abortion, I am merely pointing out that she wanted freedom to do as she pleased. I knew her well and the first child is my lovely granddaughter.

Some abortions are understood, in my opinion, but most are done for selfish reasons. If play, you pay.....one way or another.

Im sorry to hear this Texas.

I cant even think of a second line that would be appropriate.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can just here the plea in court now:

"I didn't murder him, It was an abortion in the 14th trimester. He was never likely to have been viable, anyway, at least, he's not viable now, is he?"

edit on 19/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In most cases the woman certainly should know if she wants to be pregnant before she even knows that she is.
And for sure should not wait 3 whole months.
I'd give her maybe one more month.
Much as I hate the idea of enforced pregnancy, I do think the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Why do some of them wait so long?
Are they in denial hoping it will go away by itself?
Is there a stigma associated with just facing the problem?

Texasbud says:"Some abortions are understood, in my opinion, but most are done for selfish reasons."
Selfish? What exactly is wrong with being "selfish". Selfish is self-preservation instinct. People who toss this word around are usually control freaks who insist that others do as he thinks they should.
edit on 19-3-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To save the woman's life or if the fetus has a debilitating illness, then yes I agree with it. Thing of it is that second trimester is when you're starting to get into that arena where they have nerves and stuff like that, so it becomes a bit more tricky for me.

Honestly, it's how far in. If she's like two days in, then I view it as the same as a first trimester abortion. If she's two days from third, then I view it as the same as third.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
In most cases the woman certainly should know if she wants to be pregnant before she even knows that she is.
And for sure should not wait 3 whole months.
I'd give her maybe one more month.
Much as I hate the idea of enforced pregnancy, I do think the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Why do some of them wait so long?
Are they in denial hoping it will go away by itself?
Is there a stigma associated with just facing the problem?

Texasbud says:"Some abortions are understood, in my opinion, but most are done for selfish reasons."
Selfish? What exactly is wrong with being "selfish". Selfish is self-preservation instinct. People who toss this word around are usually control freaks who insist that others do as he thinks they should.
edit on 19-3-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

Not a control freak.....trust me on this, if one is concerned with "self-preservation" he should learn to give. My previous post concerned a very personal event in my life and I should have kept it that way. Posting it here invites criticism and I can see I am the one who opened the door. Keep this in mind, your mother was not selfish concerning your birth. My apologies if I seem to be a "control freak."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Yep that's what supposedly the smartest species on this planet does to it's own flesh and blood.

The key secret here is to keep the barn doors closed -- once the cows are out they are out period.

Educate - Give free available birth control and make adult entertainment for adults only.

Again, I'm not a prude but our American Society is as nuts as the Islams.................one is at one end of the spectrum and the other is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Normality is somewhere in the middle.

Wonder what they do with aborted "fetuses"?????

No, I bet they don't throw them in the trash.

Any abortion clinic workers out there know for absolute sure who picks up the bodies?

Smart people plan ahead

Stupid people just do what comes naturally like an animal and don't think about the consequences.

Sad.

By the time most women even figure out they are pregnant, the baby is already close to 5-6 weeks old.

That may or may not be true for many women. I've had three and knew within two weeks tops I was pregnant. Easy - missed period (for me that was the sign) and morning sickness.
bad morning sickness, even the smell of food made me sick.
edit on 19-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't care what anybody says:
They should NOT be served in the school lunch programs

what!!?? I couildn't help myself

somewhat more seriously:

The following are some statistics about abortion in America:
Of the 1.6 million abortions performed in the U.S. each year, 91 percent are performed during the first trimester (12 or fewer weeks' gestation); 9 percent are performed in the second trimester (24 or fewer weeks' gestation); and only about 100 are performed in the third trimester (more than 24 weeks' gestation), approximately .01 percent of all abortions performed.

Approximately 1.5 million U.S. women with unwanted pregnancies choose abortion each year. Most are under 25 years old and unmarried. Women who are separated from their husbands and poor women are more likely to choose abortion than other women. More than two-thirds of the women who seek abortions have jobs. Nearly one-third are in school. More than two-thirds plan to have a child in the future.

Approximately 6 million women in the U.S. become pregnant every year. About half of those pregnancies are unintended. Either the woman or her partner did not use contraception or the contraceptive method failed.

www.foxnews.com...

while the 9 percent 2nd trimester abortions is significant I think it is a symptom of a larger problem (s)

FAILED contraception is one notable problem too

( also side note:included in the unwanted pregnancy statistic is an amount for
but I see the big problem is eugenics

In parts of the city more than half of all pregnancies end in abortion - this is very, very disturbing."
New York City has the highest abortion rates in the nation - nearly double the national average of 23%
Among non-Hispanic blacks there were far more abortions than births, 38,574 to 26,635, or 60%.
Among Non-Hispanic black teens, the abortion rate was even greater - 5,956 abortions to 2,265 live births, or 72%.
The abortion rate among teens as a whole was 63% -

nyc41percent.com...

More than half of black males between the ages of 16 and 19 are unemployed, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. And that's only counting those seeking work. Economists say legions of other young black men — nobody knows how many — have given up looking.

www.npr.org...

looks like total (economic, even ) genocide

edit on 19-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Very deep insight I must say. Bravo! I will add that it is described as the "abomination of desolation" to be more exact. I also think that in Victorian times, women were chaperoned whenever with men, and there was less opportunity for mischief making, and the societal pressures kept women from deviating too much. Today, the anything goes mentality along with the sense that sex is ok anywhere anytime and with anyone causes people eto lose their grip on the value of life.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hate to say it, but anyone that wants to have a second trimester abortion deserves to have one.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

My stance is we should kill the mother, return the favor

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

I hate to say it, but I'm not going to because my comment will just get censored and my posting privilages will be banned.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

well think about it... someone who wants an abortion so late in the game is either dumb enough not to realize she's pregnant or cruel enough not to care. either way the world has far too many children that are not being taken care of. are you going to adopt them? how many kids have you adopted? how many children have you fostered? unless the world is going to take care of our orphans then i don't have any problem with someone deciding not to have a baby, abortion or not. it is between them and god.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
abortion is selfish. not necessarily good or bad, but doesn't flow in the direction humanity naturally wants to go. it's selfish to deny someone life because it's inconvenient and maybe even hard to raise them up. so what if you can't give them the world, at least give them life

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
before arguing semantics on the lives that are yet to be or may never be,

think about this:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join