It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Trimester Abortions, What Is Your Stance On Them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm guessing that those who are pro-abortion are mostly pro-first trimester abortions
But I am not sure on this, I can be wrong
So I decided to make a thread

I think that a 2nd trimester abortion seems to be a topic that pro-abortionists steer away from like the plague
Or maybe not... maybe a thread just needed to be created

I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of regarding 2nd trimester abortions.
As you can see from the video babies may be able to hear conversations from the womb just while in 2nd trimester.

This alone should settle the "Is it alive" question

Thoughts

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Threads with Abortion issues always feel like an attempt to stir up animosity and tension amongst members.

I've seen countless threads such as these, and the outcome is always the same = no resolution. Some people agree, and some people disagree with abortion.

I believe women have the right to decide whether or not they bring a child into the world, who am I to judge without any knowledge of their circumstances, mental health, situation etc etc?

Opinions do not really matter, abortions will continue regardless.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Its all circumstantial, but if your in the second trimester I feel as if its too late. If you really need to get rid of it you handle it in the first couple weeks, you shouldn't make it 3 months in and be like I don't want this anymore. At that point you really do have a child that is almost fully formed.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
Threads with Abortion issues always feel like an attempt to stir up animosity and tension amongst members.

I've seen countless threads such as these, and the outcome is always the same = no resolution. Some people agree, and some people disagree with abortion.

I feel like part of the reason there is no resolution is a because of people like you
People that tries to make a subject taboo

I've seen the same threads you are referring to and instead of mature dialogue people are just offended that the topic is brought up.
So yes, with that attitude there will never be a resolution.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'll bite. You are kind of right, but the way you express it could be a bit more tactful, because it isn't drawing me to your side. I think, and I do not have a uterus so take this for what it is, that if you can't decide whether you want the baby or not in the first three months, you probably shouldn't be having a baby to begin with. I don't think that after the first trimester, unless the mother's health is compromised, abortion should be allowed. That's my comfort threshold, because while I am not religious, I do think there is a valid debate about when life begins, purely from a bio-psychological angle. When does the brain really start to form...images, for lack of a better word, and start to sense. This is a very important thing to discuss, and I am sure people with doctorates are trying to figure that out, if they don't think they already have. There is certainly common ground to be had, but hurling around things like pro-abortionist does nothing to make me want to find that common ground. I am not out there waving the flag for abortion, simply trying to be logical about it. Question for the females on, moms especially, at what point in your first pregnancy did you know "for real" that you were thinking and living "for two."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Taboos protect societies from destroying themselves. There will never be resolution because every circumstance is different, every person brings a different ethic to the situation and morality cannot be legislated. So while I am vehemently against this procedure, I agree with the above poster, it's just pointless to argue this.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What resolution would you hope for? What could actually be done that would deter, persuade or force women into not having an abortion?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
An abomination.

The Fall of Babylon
"Your merchants were the world’s great men.
By your magic spell [Greek = pharmakeia] all the nations were led astray.
In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
and of all who have been killed on the earth.”
Revelation 18:23-24

[Greek = pharmakeia] In addition to it's meaning of drugs like PSYCHEDELICS used to achieve an altered state of consciousness, in the ancient medical text known as Soranos’ Gynecology, pharmakeia is used solely in reference to abortifacient potions used to terminate pregnancies.

The Hippocratic oath is to the Nephiliam "gods" - "“I SWEAR BY APOLLO, THE HEALER, ASCLEPIUS, HYGIEIA, AND PANACEA"

Within the six pointed blue star insignia on the sides of ambulances is the staff of Aesculapius the Greek god (Nephiliam) of medicine MEDICINE.

Abortion, no matter the timeframe, is the deliberate murder of human life. There is no difference between killing a ten day old baby versus one that's been born. And if others could only understand that the end has been known from the beginning, and given to us, then maybe they could understand the time in which we live and how the dark of this world have managed to transform beliefs from the sanctity of human life to the utter disregard for the most vulnerable in society. The sacrificing of children for what? More money or a career. Human life has NO value in their eyes, and if people cannot understand that evil loves company, then they are forever blinded to the reality unfolding whereby those in charge already deem US expendable as well. They've convinced millions and millions that a baby is not life, and we are already seeing ethic discussions about the elderly, the disabled and the undesirable. Of course, they've brainwashed enough to actually agree with it.

We will be given it. We reap what we sow and God Almighty will use it to pass judgement on everyone. He's told us that the end will be filled with murder, war, hatred, violence, occultism, love of self, cold hearts and abortion and drug induced sorcery - and all because people chose to love the wickedness more than seeking Him for the Truth. And despite all of this, sins are forgiven if you are brought to the point of repentence - making a declaration of a change of heart and mind to turn from evil to seek Him. That is to step into the Light.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think most people will not agree with abortion in the 2 trimester. So, if you are looking for a resolution on the topic of abortion, maybe you should focus on abortions in the first trimester.

Specifically when is the cut off for abortions in the 1 trimester? How do we determine at what point a fetus is aware? When does consciousness occur? Look at brain development in the first 12 weeks perhaps that would help.

I think the problem is at what point in development is consciousness present? Does it require a certain amount of brain tissues and neurons before a fetus is "aware"? Or is consciousness present from the moment of conception?

How do we scientifically determine something like this? Is it possible to know?

If consciousness is dependant on brain development, then we need to get down to the nity gritty of when consciousness is formed in a fetus.

If consciousness is present from the moment of conception onward, then we need to reconsider abortion period.

These are tricky things, I am not sure we even have the science to answer these questions, but I think this is what the abortion discussion should really be about.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

You asked at what point did I feel and think like I was living for two, well for me personally it was the day I found out I was pregnant.

But that is just me personally. Another woman might have a different answer and that is part of the problem, no two women experience pregnancy the same, it is an extremely personal experience which is why I think it is a topic best left out of political debates.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I feel like part of the reason there is no resolution is a because of people like you
People that tries to make a subject taboo

I've seen the same threads you are referring to and instead of mature dialogue people are just offended that the topic is brought up.

Sorry MA, but I think you are reaching for attention with this one. There have been countless threads on the abortion issue, with plenty of good points made on all sides, and certainly no one feeling it is a Taboo subject. Quite opposite, the abortion threads, get a huge amount of attention. And I don't think there will ever be an attitude on this subject that will garner a resolution. It's a fundamental difference in beliefs for people.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Taboos protect societies from destroying themselves. There will never be resolution because every circumstance is different, every person brings a different ethic to the situation and morality cannot be legislated. So while I am vehemently against this procedure, I agree with the above poster, it's just pointless to argue this.

I think that's treating adults in society like kids
And when you treat them like kids that's exactly what you will get, childish behavior

This is what I see
One side of the fence gets angry that the topic is brought up and posts insulting comments and trying taboo-ize the topic
The other side, unfortunately, brings up religion and how the bible says it's wrong.

Both of these events completely destroy the path towards having a good dialogue.

As long as people are mature there is no reason to consider the dialogue futile

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't think it's really any of my business. I think most women would have 1st trimester abortions if that were an option that was easily open to them - most women would go as soon as they knew.
2nd and 3rd trimester abortions should be legal though, because you get medical and major life problems that pop up when one might be needed. IE neural tube defects, hydrocephalus or anacephaly noted on an ultrasound, or perhaps the woman contracts cancer or who knows what.

Do I think abortion is murder? NO. Not in any case. I'm very pro-choice.
That said, my friend who was very, very pro-life - and very politically active about it - got pregnant with her 2nd baby and when she was 6 months pregnant found out that the baby had severe spinal bifida and hydrocephalus and that the child's cerebrum was not formed right - the doctors told her the child would probably be viable but would need lifetime care - most likely institutionalization.

This couple was so religious they would not even have sex unless they thought they could conceive. Sex was for procreation ONLY. GAD.

She agonized and prayed with her husband over what to do and they ended up having a 3rd trimester abortion, citing it was for the sake of their older child and future children to come, and felt that having that child was dooming a living being to a lifetime of agony.

She was VERY depressed after making that decision. It was extremely hard for them.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What resolution would you hope for? What could actually be done that would deter, persuade or force women into not having an abortion?

Well I didn't make this thread to force anyone or anything
I wanted a better understanding of people's position on abortion while in the 2nd trimester.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The fetus is alive and abortion is murder,

Fetal Psychology

As if overturning the common conception of infancy weren't enough, scientists are creating a startling new picture of intelligent life in the womb. Among the revelations:

By nine weeks, a developing fetus can hiccup and react to loud noises. By the end of the second trimester it can hear.
Just as adults do, the fetus experiences the rapid eye movement (REM) sleep of dreams.
The fetus savors its mother's meals, first picking up the food tastes of a culture in the womb.
Among other mental feats, the fetus can distinguish between the voice of Mom and that of a stranger, and respond to a familiar story read to it.
Even a premature baby is aware, feels, responds, and adapts to its environment.
Just because the fetus is responsive to certain stimuli doesn't mean that it should be the target of efforts to enhance development. Sensory stimulation of the fetus can in fact lead to bizarre patterns of adaptation later on.

At nine weeks, the embryo's ballooning brain allows it to bend its body, hiccup, and react to loud sounds. At week ten, it moves its arms, "breathes" amniotic fluid in and out, opens its jaw, and stretches. Before the first trimester is over, it yawns, sucks, and swallows, as well as feels and smells.

By the end of the second trimester, it can hear; toward the end of pregnancy, it can see.

See fetal hearing and fetal personality/soul.
www.leaderu.com...

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well I didn't make this thread to force anyone or anything
I wanted a better understanding of people's position on abortion while in the 2nd trimester.

By the end of the second trimester, it can hear; toward the end of pregnancy, it can see.
The fetus savors its mother's meals, first picking up the food tastes of a culture in the womb.
Sounds like something alive and aware to me.

Don't apologize, this is an important topic, if it saves one life.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Sorry MA, but I think you are reaching for attention with this one.

Because I want to discuss an issue?
What will I do with e-Attention & how much is it worth?

There have been countless threads on the abortion issue,

Not about the 2nd trimester specifically
I did a search, stoped at like page 3 of the search results

with plenty of good points made on all sides, and certainly no one feeling it is a Taboo subject.

Look at the responses in the threads, yes it's taboo

Quite opposite, the abortion threads, get a huge amount of attention. And I don't think there will ever be an attitude on this subject that will garner a resolution. It's a fundamental difference in beliefs for people.

Yes they get a huge amount of attention, but not positive attention

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have no problem with a second trimester abortion, could said fetus survive outside the womb, nope. I can probably turn a blind eye until about the 6th month.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
So, if you are looking for a resolution on the topic of abortion, maybe you should focus on abortions in the first trimester.

No that's been done to death
And I know what people from different sides of the fence will say anyhow

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I have no problem with a second trimester abortion, could said fetus survive outside the womb, nope. I can probably turn a blind eye until about the 6th month.

But people on life support couldn't survive without life support either

People with kidney failure couldn't survive without dialysis either

So they aren't alive either?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join