It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What I find vile, (besides that picture posted above), is how these lawmakers are so unwilling to try to reach any sort of compromise in dealing with reproductive rights. First they move to restrict sex education, then they remove access to affordable contraceptive options, then once women get pregnant, they restrict her available choices based on their personal religious/moral beliefs.

If you find abortion so offensive, then PLEASE help women to avoid getting pregnant in the first place. Why is that so hard for politicians to understand? Why wait until a woman is pregnant before confronting the problem? Prevent unplanned pregnancy and the abortion issue becomes largely moot.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
What I find vile, is how these lawmakers are so unwilling to try to reach any sort of compromise in dealing with reproductive rights.

Because they are descended from the Puritans. And just as wacky - controlling - and crazy today.

The Southern Baptist Fundamentalists are descended from the Puritans. Ever read the history of the Puritans?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
8 Pages of people bickering over Pro-choice vs Pro-Life.

Good job at missing the much larger picture, especially the conservatives in this thread.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS COMFORTABLE WITH GOVERNMENT MAKING MEDICAL PROCEDURE DECISIONS, INSTEAD OF THE DOCTOR AND PATIENT COMING TO A MEDICAL DECISION.

They got this bill passed, what about other medical procedures your local lawmakers want to dictate?
Hey Joe blow congressman has a brother who owns a company with this new type of MRI machine,lets pass a law dictating that whenever x procedure is done, they must obtain an image only this machine can produce.

I know, lets get rid of Doctors all together! We can have the government pass laws pertaining to all medical procedures. Instead of seeing a Doctor , you can go see a lawyer. BRILLIANT!!!!!

If one cannot see the absolute ridiculousness of government dictating medical procedure, over the patient and Doctor making the medical decisions for the patient, I fear that one may never see the bigger picture.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Dreamwatcher because: There-Their

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Of course its a distraction women can just go across the border and get an abortion if they want one. I am sure some dogmatic numb skulls will be emotionally vested in this but TPTB are all about divide and conquer!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

In plain english, women have a right to refuse sex (even in the case of rape and incest), their wombs however are owned and regulated by the government.

No it should be owned by the human who is growing in it, and that human should be protected. Their right to life protected, just like the rest of us. And, whether or not you believe a fetus is a human being, you would not be here right now if your mother had an abortion.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

and that womb, and the fetus within, depends on my mouth to feed it, so I guess my mouth isn't mine either...
and it depends on my heart to pump blood to is, so I guess I don't own my heart. and it depends on my brain to keep happy, happy thoughts and not become an emotional wreck...and it depends on my hands and feed to cater to the needs of my stomach, my heart, my head, ect....so, well, seems to me what you are saying is that a women shouldn't own her own body once she gets pregnant!!!
so, the women delivers a baby girl who has enjoyed more rights, at least in your mind than the mother who has carried her for nine months.....
just when do you plan on stripping that baby girl of her rights?? maybe we should do it before she even becomes old enough to have kids, that way she won't get used to having those rights! maybe we should when she becomes of child bearing age since what she is doing around the time of conception can effect any possible baby that might be developing... or maybe we can at the time of pregnancy...
or more than likely, we will just keep quiet about the whole thing and keep the women in the dark as much as possible and only inform those women who we have to that they don't really own their body, so well, no, you don't have the right to that medicine that helps you function in the world, you don't have the right to retain your eyesight, you don't have the right to stand up on your two feet and walk to the kitchen to cook your kids a meal!!

do I have any takers on the idea that we should write letters to the wives (and husbands)of the legislatures that passed this bill and encourage them to just say no to sex, unless of course they want a baby!!!
sex is not worth the risk of having some wacky legislative body or courtroom judge deciding that a right you hold dear to your hearts should be stripped from you, on behalf of a few cells growing in your (or excuse me..it's not) body!
edit on 19-3-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

you would not be here right now if your mother had an abortion.

I wouldn't care - because I wouldn't know.

I keep asking you to provide the voice of an aborted Fetus. Still waiting.

I've seen you ask this a few times here...claiming people don't know what they are talking about because no aborted fetus came out and said 'this is murder why is mom killing me.' An aborted fetus is dead genius...what voice are you waiting for? Aborted fetus = dead, therefore you will be 'still waiting' for this fetus voice and supporting the murder of children for quite a while.

I've also seen you use the phrase 'holier than thou' and 'self righteous' over and over. Pretty sure supporting a humans right to live is 'holy' if you believe in that sort of thing. Oh, and the same goes for righteous, how is not wanting babies to be killed anything other than righteous? So sure, yep im righteous and holier than thou i suppose.

edit on 19-3-2012 by SGTSECRET because: added content

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

A woman SHOULD see the unborn child, hear the heartbeat and see the unborn child move before deciding to allow a Doctor to take a vacuum cleaner hose with a sharp dual edged knife attached and slice up the unborn child. The woman should know clearly the choice she is making however, I would go a step further. I would enact a law that requires the woman to view the entire event live as it occurred from inside her womb.
reply to post by mr3dboot

and if the women has a doctor telling her she risks having some horrible health problems if she continues to carry the fetus to full term and can't come up with an extra $400 or so dollars, well, she can just suffer the consequences!!! gotcha....maybe we should attached another law to this one....mandating that dad takes full charge taking care of mom while she is pregnant in the event that said baby causes mom to become incompacitated, just till she is able to care for herself again!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
This really upsets me because these people are so focused on controlling others, they dont think about anything but the unborn life...

AND it just tears me apart thinking about what my daughter has gone through, and how much I LOVE HER SO MUCH, and they would wish her dead basically to try to save an unborn nonviable life.

I truly am sorry for what you and your daughter have been through, however, I have never seen legislation proposed anywhere that didnt include that the exceptions to abortion are if the mother's life is at risk, OR in many cases the pregnanacy was a result of rape/incest.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
What I find vile, (besides that picture posted above), is how these lawmakers are so unwilling to try to reach any sort of compromise in dealing with reproductive rights. First they move to restrict sex education, then they remove access to affordable contraceptive options, then once women get pregnant, they restrict her available choices based on their personal religious/moral beliefs.

If you find abortion so offensive, then PLEASE help women to avoid getting pregnant in the first place. Why is that so hard for politicians to understand? Why wait until a woman is pregnant before confronting the problem? Prevent unplanned pregnancy and the abortion issue becomes largely moot.

You need to go back even one step further on this issue. Your post just goes to show how our morality has greatly demised in this country. You say all this as if sex is just something that women and men have some kind of "moral" right to. In my grandmother's day, such promiscuos behaviour of having sex outside of marriage and as a result, getting pregnant, was something very much frowned upon. These days it's a "given" and therefore women should be protected from getting pregnant, at taxpayer's expense, or at the risk of killing an unwanted child, etc.

Why not get back to morality? There was a reason that sex outside of marriage was an important anti-moral social situation. SHOULD pregnancy occur, at least there were two partners there to provide and care for the child. At least the decision to have children was something that was not neccessarily jsut a "problem" to get rid of, if an accidental pregnancy occurred. Now I am no prude, but the problem stems from a lack of decency and morality, NOT on whether or not we should help women "prevent pregnancy". A baby is a lifelong decision, and shouldnt be taken as a "sidebar" to somebody wanting to have sex without the possible consequences.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

how many children did your grandmother have???

was she a church goer??

if so, was she taught that a good wife is obedient to her husband in all things in church?????

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Under Water

You aren't the one that has to endure physical changes, financial hardships and resource usage a new child brings with it.

If it's so bad to have another baby, then don't get pregnant.
Carelessly getting pregnant and then killing the baby because it "inconveniences" you, should never be acceptable.

It's extremely easy to avoid getting pregnant. If people were more responsible, and better educated, this wouldn't be an issue.

Track your fertility and avoid sex on ovulation day(s). They even make an app for that! Easy.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

really? more responsible and better educated? ...gee, no kidding. that's exactly the point...THEY'RE NOT!!
and because of this, you wish to hurt and punish them more?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm almost at a loss for words. It's hard for me to comprehend some of the disgusting things being said in this thread and the other abortion related threads I've participated in. I can see here that you have managed to convince yourselves that fetuses aren't real, so it's impossible for you to believe it's murdering a human. Even after posting a picture of what abortion did to a real human who's life was cut way too short, instead of recognizing it was wrong, I was flamed for posting a picture that is hard for people to look at. Well if it's hard to look at, why? Because maybe, just maybe your looking at a child who was ripped apart and burned alive? Look good and hard at it, because that is what abortion is. No matter how small the fetus is, that is what your doing to it.

Why people want to resort to this when there are so many other better ways is a mystery.

1. Women need to be educated better about how the reproductive system works. There is only about a three day window when a woman releases an egg and is actually fertile. Prevention is the best solution.

2. Condoms and the Pill are affordable. Use them if you want to have sex responsibly. If you refuse to have sex responsibly then I don't think it should ever be legal for a human to have his life ended early because of your negligence.

3. When a pregnancy does happen, there are so many people out there willing to give that child a home. Adoptions are on the rise. I have close friends with adopted children because they couldn't get pregnant. Infertility is on the rise. (probably due to all the gmo's we consume.)

Avoid getting pregnant should be the answer. Not waiting until after life has been created to murder it. It's just not right. You can spout woman's rights all you want, but as soon as you get pregnant it's not just about you anymore, there is a baby involved now and someone needs to speak for that baby. Too many women are so concerned about their own needs that they have turned a blind eye to the fact that there is a baby growing because of their own actions. That baby is the innocent victim. He doesn't deserve to die. It's not right.

You are here advocating for abortion, yet you are able to speak because you were not aborted. You were given a chance at life because you were not aborted. Your children exist because you were not aborted, and neither were they.

I have continuously posted alternatives to abortions and they continue to go ignored.
No one wants to hear about prevention.
No one wants to here about adoption.
You want the right to be careless and to not have to deal with the consequences, even if it's at the expense of another person's life.
You try to mask your disrespect towards life by acting as though caring for starving kids somehow gives you a license to kill your own kids.

I'm not a religious person but I do believe in karma. Your selfish and careless attitudes towards human life are wrong, and you will pay for it, one way or another. Karma is a bitch.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
In my grandmother's day, such promiscuos behaviour of having sex outside of marriage and as a result, getting pregnant, was something very much frowned upon.

It was in this grandmother's day too. So what.

And still young girls got pregnant. Then whisked away to some "home" out of state - - - where their babies were taken from them - - and they had no say or any clue where that baby went. Or they were just tossed out of the house and disowned like many gay teens are today.

Oh - - and these same people in MISS would rather a child grow up in the foster system - - instead of go to a loving home of gay parents.

We can all talk self-righteous still the sky falls.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm almost at a loss for words. It's hard for me to comprehend some of the disgusting things being said in this thread and the other abortion related threads I've participated in.

Oh Yeah! Standing up for LIVING CHILDREN who are suffering - - - rather then standing up for more unwanted children being brought into the world.

Disgusting!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
An aborted fetus is dead genius...what voice are you waiting for?

Really? An aborted fetus is dead.

You mean unlike LIVING CHILDREN - - it doesn't know hunger - suffer neglect and abuse - it doesn't feel anything.

I do believe I've mentioned that.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm almost at a loss for words. It's hard for me to comprehend some of the disgusting things being said in this thread and the other abortion related threads I've participated in.

Oh Yeah! Standing up for LIVING CHILDREN who are suffering - - - rather then standing up for more unwanted children being brought into the world.

Disgusting!

You're not standing up for living children who are suffering. You're exploiting them to push your agenda to support ending life. Maybe you should shut your mouth and go feed a starving kid instead. Because from where your sitting, those kids will still be starving and you killing other kids won't help anything.

The respect for human life starts with the fetus.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher

Hey Joe blow congressman has a brother who owns a company with this new type of MRI machine, lets pass a law dictating that whenever x procedure is done, they must obtain an image only this machine can produce.

Actually - - I think this has a lot to do with Gay Rights.

Religions (especially Christians) are losing the control grip they once had on this country.

They're like wounded animals striking out in anyway they can to keep that control.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher

Hey Joe blow congressman has a brother who owns a company with this new type of MRI machine, lets pass a law dictating that whenever x procedure is done, they must obtain an image only this machine can produce.

Actually - - I think this has a lot to do with Gay Rights.

Religions (especially Christians) are losing the control grip they once had on this country.

They're like wounded animals striking out in anyway they can to keep that control.

I really only meant that as an example of how a governing body could abuse a system where it is accepted that they can dictate medical procedure. It was not my purpose that the example was an explanation for the law being discussed in this thread, however looking at it again, it could certainty be taken that way.

I just have a hard time imagining that people would be OK with lawmakers, instead of their Doctors, making medical decisions for them. It starts with something controversial or "for the children" and the the next thing you know, you are going to a lawyer instead of a Doctor for medical advice.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Dreamwatcher because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Two questions:
1. Correct me if I am wrong but you seem to believe human life begins at conception? If so I am curious as to why?

2. Do you believe a women who is raped and gets pregnant must carry the pregnancy to term?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Two questions:
1. Correct me if I am wrong but you seem to believe human life begins at conception? If so I am curious as to why?

2. Do you believe a women who is raped and gets pregnant must carry the pregnancy to term?

Do a search for my posts. I have provided answers to both those questions numerous times. At his point, people are jumping in these threads late, not reading everything, and I'm sick of having the same argument over and over.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join