It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of things never to say to a woman as a nice guy if you want to date.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is coming straight from the "nice guy" horses mouth. I've seen way to many lists of what nice guys need to change and do to attract women and I thought it would be nice if we had a list of things not to say. Please feel free to add your own.

1. Never say "wow your beautiful" that's a death sentence, and they will think your creepy.

2. Never let your eyes linger beyond half a second if your checking a girl out it makes them uncomfortable.

3. Do not open doors for women and do not pull out chairs, its a sure fire way to say you are easily manipulated.

4. If a woman is crying for anything other than physical pain do not even acknowledge she exists, this is the worst thing you can do, and are automatically in the "friend zone" which is inescapable.

5. Do not speak to women unless they speak to you first, if spoken to feign disinterest, and walk away halfway through the conversation.

6. When a woman is speaking to you never look at her, look of into space with a bored expression or if other women are around check them out.

7. Never let women in a two foot radius of yourself, this entails no hugs, no cupped to the ear secrets, etc.

8. Never allow a woman to cry on your shoulder, It's suicide.

9. Never say anything in foreign languages it scares them.

Those are my basic tips to fellow nice guys, learned through personal experience
this has all been a joke, forgot sarcasm can't be conveyed over a computer.

edit on 15-3-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: People freaking out it's a joke

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
if you follow those rules directly ur sure not gonna get the woman either.

nice try though

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
This is coming straight from the "nice guy" horses mouth. I've seen way to many lists of what nice guys need to change and do to attract women and I thought it would be nice if we had a list of things not to say. Please feel free to add your own.

Not another nice guy thread

I was giving you the benefit of doubt first, but as I can see by your "tips" you are not nice at all. But, don't worry I will back my claim with evidence.

1. Never say "wow your beautiful" that's a death sentence, and they will think your creepy.

Seriously?

This rule is kinda broad, I mean if I am going out for a date and the gal is looking awesome. Well, a "nice guy" doesn't lie. No matter the consequences.

2. Never let your eyes linger beyond half a second if your checking a girl out it makes them uncomfortable.

???

I am going to need a source for this one. Eyes are one of the most communicative organs on our bodies, to not use them in persuit of a relationship is foolhearty at best.

3. Do not open doors for women and do not pull out chairs, its a sure fire way to say you are easily manipulated.

What?!

In other words, be rude? Again, not something a "nice guy" would do. This is where I began to suspect your claim of niceness. Not that it takes from your OPost, it just makes your opinion faulty since it is based on faulty variables.

4. If a woman is crying for anything other than physical pain do not even acknowledge she exists, this is the worst thing you can do, and are automatically in the "friend zone" which is inescapable.

Such anger. If you truly feel this, then you are anything but nice. At least not what I know as nice...

5. Do not speak to women unless they speak to you first, if spoken to feign disinterest, and walk away halfway through the conversation.

Again with the snideness...

It is obvious why you have had difficulties in the past, if you honestly care to "fix" the problem plenty of other threads with helpful information...I will be adding some to this one, I am sure.

6. When a woman is speaking to you never look at her, look of into space with a bored expression or if other women are around check them out.

I see what you did there...

7. Never let women in a two foot radius of yourself, this entails no hugs, no cupped to the ear secrets, etc.

And no sex...

Do I even need to continue at this point?

Those are my basic tips to fellow nice guys, learned through personal experience.

You forgot #9

9) Never take advice from someone claiming to be nice

EDIT

Other "nice guy" threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/15/2012 by adigregorio because: Linkssssss

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
he's right. women become attracted to you when you subtly ignore them

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
edit on 15-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Dont forget to wear a stupid hat, paint your nails black and ask them what movie the line "nobody puts baby in the corner" is from.

Pick up artist fail.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Really, number 1 is this:

Don't get upset when someone isn't attracted to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If your interested in a girl, make sure that you can communicate with her.

Tell her you don't want to be friends and are interested in pursuing more either the fun in bed or whatever. At that point the ball is in her court and she either lets you know its on or not.

This does work and I have gained respect among the ladies when I was looking for a wee bit of fun. They knew what my intentions were and I got pointed to other ladies from the ones that were not in the mood at the time.

If you can't seem to be comfortable around the hotties, just practice on the ones "in your league". After getting used to it, and gaining the reputation that you are honest with your intentions, you will see it pay off.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Coming from the horse's mouth of an attractive, young woman:

This isn't a death sentence in my eyes, I enjoy when men admire my beauty. Although I usually say something like "Nahhh, you're even more beautiful" to lighten the mood if I've heard it again and again. I appreciate it everytime I hear it.

Maybe I'm weird, but I enjoy when a guy looks at me for a long time, it shows interest. If I am interested in him aswell, I will usually smile and look back, and walk over to him to spark conversation. I guess I'm just extremely social though.

I'll agree with the seat thing, but it makes me smile when men open doors for me, although I usually return the favor later on and we laugh about it.

The friend zone thing is ridiculous. Men that get put in the "friend zone", simply don't click with me as a life partners and they are just friends. If a man can relate to me emotionally then that is great, but if we don't click then we just don't click. Not much else I can do after that.

If a man walks away from me mid-conversation, I won't chase him, ever. I will walk the other way and find someone who wants to hold an actual human conversation and be social for the sake of being a social creature, not someone who wants to play games with me to get into my pants. These games are easy to see through.

This is just really strange. I wouldn't even bother with a man if he can't look at me while I'm attempting to hold a conversation. Why waste my time?

I have nothing to say about this -_-

I don't think I've ever cried on any man's shoulder. I usually keep my emotions to myself because I know most people don't want to hear about how I feel, most people just plain out don't care.

9. Never say anything in foreign languages it scares them.
Where are these women you are referring to? I speak fluent German and the idiot guys I meet usually say something along the lines of "Herp a derp is that gibberish?" when I say something in German.

Maybe I'm getting trolled really hard, I truly hope I am, but either way this was entertaining.

Thanks for the post, mensch.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Lol ok this was a joke and was meant to be humorous, not realistic.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

I know, but it is inevitable that it will be taken as such.

Also, if it is a joke it should be in the jokes/puns section no?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Your advice is just usefull to avoid the friendzone. However, being open about your intentions might just do the trick aswell. Your intention is to f... .
Women cannot follow your thoughts anyway. So remember it doesnt matter what you say. It's how you deliver.

"Wow, you're beautiful. I want to f... ." Not creepy.

Do it and say you do it because you want to f... . Not much of a tool anymore eh?

Etc. This scheme can be applied to all the bulletpoints.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Women like a man who quickens their pulse a little bit. We (as I am one of them, although retired now from such doings) like someone who makes us wonder 'would he like us'? So your #1, Don't tell them you're (notice the spelling here) beautiful, will likely backfire. Unless you can do it sounding and looking like Armand Assante and not Woody Allen. Adolescent gushing, no. Sincere respect, yes. It helps to have a deep voice.

The chair holding and door opening bit is nice if it doesn't come off as something Mommy taught you, and more like just, you got there first and it's polite. And by the way, if you let her into the car first and she doesn't lean over and open your door lock for you especially if it's raining or cold, she's telling you a lot of bad about herself there. She's not thinking of you.

The 'checking other women out' thing can be done subtly. Anything less than a normal glance around the room is rude and always will be. We know your eyeballs are inexplicably linked to your crotch but a player is unattractive.

Stop trying to put the make on her and start instead seeing if you actually enjoy her company. Can you be friends? Do you have stuff to talk about? Are you so horny that it shows and the suspicion is, are you a virgin? (Okay, so this doesn't apply in the early years...) Do you have some muscle on you, do you actually appear to be of the masculine sex, or are you soft and flabby and yet want a physically attractive woman? Do you grade women by how sexy they are whilst being a Zero yourself? Are you taller or more physically imposing than her? Cuz the female need to feel protected by the male runs very deep. If you're small and softer than us, you'll be too much like a pet.

Are you a secret or not so secret misogynist because you never get laid and think what you 'deserve' is being withheld unfairly from you? OTOH, do you know how to kiss somebody and make their knees buckle and then walk away? (see the great scene from The Baby Boom for this one).

Do you like you? Because if you don't, no one else will either.

That last one? That's your problem right there. And it's not about looks, whatever they may be. It's about personality, brain power, wit, presence, the way you walk. All of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CriticalCK

Yes, and honestly I respect a man who comes out and says

"I just want to f--- you" instead of playing games and beating around the bush. Let's just get to it if it's like that, but if you're trying to play as a potential life partner with only intentions of screwing me then that's just sadistic and actually creepy in my eyes.

However, I am glad to see that this was a joke

Whew

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

This has been a joke I needed to relieve stress because the woman who I did the opposite of all of these to tried to text me again today. Also it was a Latin phrase meaning " hades take my soul I've just seen a goddess.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Maybe I'm not sure I just needed some humor.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
edit on 15-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
5 Things I've Learned from Dating (So far)

1 - Never settle for a woman who you don't completely love.

2 - This is for especially Americans. Do not walk, RUN, away from a girl who is constantly on her phone, or her Facebook, or who can't sit still for 10 minutes. This kind of "constant external stimulus" is a sign that her mind is bored and trying to run away from her inner thoughts.

3 - Make sure you test her (without her knowing). For instance, try to get her to watch an old classic movie or listen to music that doesn't fit into the "3-4 minute per song" genre. Make her an offer to try something she's never done before. Also, don't ask her if she would like to do something. Make plans then ask if she would like to join you.

4 - Do not settle for a woman based on looks alone. Eventually she will get older. Besides looks, you want a girl who can control herself, who has an optimistic outlook, and who has self-respect.

5 - Do not get married until you have met her mother AND you know how she will act when you aren't around her.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

This was a joke I'm 5'10 average height, lithe body due to martial arts, deep voice, very funny, and very good at talking to women, just not dating.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join