It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of things never to say to a woman as a nice guy if you want to date.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

These may work in Arkansas but i can absolutely guarantee they do not work in the UK! Following some of those would get battered by womankind!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I would like to add my favorite pickup line:

"OK, how about $60.00?"

Just remember, guys in the "friend zone" don't have to pay child support.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Being the "bad boy" that acts like they don't care about the girl is a good strategy, for certain girls. But not to the extent you describe. I would still hold the door for the girl and I wouldn't ignore her if she was crying. Then she'll think your the bad kind of a-hole, not the good kind. But it's really hard to say cause every girl is different. yes being overly nice will get you nowhere, but being too much of a dick won't help either.

Trust me I know. I used tactics like this before..... I made a girl cry on a first date. It didn't go well.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Haha there is no way to "act" around women,you should just be yourself! If they don't like you then they don't like you.Sounds like your building this up in your own head and putting a pressure on yourself on how to act and behave,ok say you do all this "what you think is right" and they like you,your then gonna be a fake ass bitch throughout the relationship acting how you think you should act and not being yourself.Not a great start lol Here's the plan,don't have one.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

These may work in Arkansas but i can absolutely guarantee they do not work in the UK! Following some of those would get battered by womankind!

Reminds me of the basic Arkansas pickup line: Hey! Nice tooth!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I totally agree with number 7! Whenever I see an attractive woman standing still, I silently creep up behind her and grab her ankles, it scares the heck out of them, and I never get the digits!

LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

feedback from a woman ...

1....compliments need to be personal and genuine.. don’t say it if you don’t mean it

3.. NOPE! openeing doors shows you are a gentleman and its very attractive since these days there arnt that many true gents.
4…. if you do this it shows your uncaring and not BF material
5… if you do this it presentsas if your not interested
6… again makes you look not interested
8…. That’s just mean humans need hugs when feeling down!
9 … totally disagree its quiet hot when a guy knows another laungauage shows intelligence.. BUT! Just speaking foreign for the sake of it is a little creepy.

The whole treat them mean keep them keen is BS, and I have finally got a BF that I would happily marry and spend the rest of my life with and he is the first guy to take notice of things I do , the way i look and is always there for me

The best advice ever is: BE THEIR FRIEND me and my fella are really close mates and have alot of respect for each other... something you dont see in a lot of relationships.

edit on 16-3-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
dating noobs absolute dating noobs....

heres what ya do....

1/ make her laugh (but know when to make wisecracks)

2/ compliment her on something guys dont normally do like her hair/skin
DO NOT SAY EYES or LIPS!!

3/ dont act like cheapskate

4/ be a pack leader (dont invite that jerk from school in while shes there or he may upstage you with masculinity)

5/ do not be scared to argue with her (it shows you are passionate about something)

6 if she says "does my bum look big in this" neither say yes or no or you in for a argument
instead say "you know i kinda prefer you in a skirt you have nice legs"
she will say "so it does look big???"
you say "dont be silly i just wanna see your fine ass legs"

follow number 6 to the word!! if not stock up on painkillers
cause she will be crying like a baby or screaming angry with you

edit on 16-3-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: smiley didnt work

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
This is coming straight from the "nice guy" horses mouth. I've seen way to many lists of what nice guys need to change and do to attract women and I thought it would be nice if we had a list of things not to say. Please feel free to add your own.

Those are my basic tips to fellow nice guys, learned through personal experience
this has all been a joke, forgot sarcasm can't be conveyed over a computer.

So pretty much you are saying that if you want to get the girl, be an a**hole to her?!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
dating noobs absolute dating noobs....

heres what ya do....

3/ dont act like cheapskate

You are right, you get her to pay for her half and you pay your half. Too many nice guys pay for the full meal deal, and then the girl isn't around for the second date.

I learned that from my dating experience. Now it's like this....I'll treat her to the finest coffee, no problem. If she wants dinner, she pays for her half and I pay for mine. Afterall, women want equality in relationships? There you go, now we're equal and no hard feelings

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm a relationships expert and I must say that the OP is almost 100% right.

I know women will never admit to those facts because, frankly, they have no idea what REALLY attracts them. The friendship card is the worst situation a man can get in. I never, ever, got serious with a friend. I even had a girl that loved me and went to the first ass-hole that acted like a jerk, the moments I went farthest with that girl is when I told her I didn't want to talk to her anymore and that our friendship was over.

Nice guys : Do NOT listen to women for advice.
edit on 16-3-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Ignorance is bliss

Also, if you end the friendship card, you should immediately find her best friend and sleep with her!
That will show how much of a jerk you are and hopefully you can get the girl back hahahah, jk.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

ROFL, this could actually work with some girls out there!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

ROFL, this could actually work with some girls out there!

I have a buddy who did that, surprisingly it got his ex very jealous, but I don't think he won the relationship back. But he did win her best friend hahah

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Not were I live, they make valley girls look like genius's maybe it's not the same elsewhere but not here.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I read your OP and then noticed your profile name.

Good one. Got a hardy chuckle out of me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Your actually wrong the women were live are like @&$? Super models, that's the men your thinking of. When you come into my town you can actually hear the banjos. The joke about one town (population 75) is that it's where the men are afraid, and the sheep are even more afraid.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I like how this joke thread is still in the relationship forum subset.

All boils down to not going after people that are not attracted to you, of course that is if this was a serious thread.

We all know it would not have worked in the joke forums, because it wouldn't be taken as real. Hoax threads are hoaxes, and against T&C. In this case, it is being called a "joke"...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Also, before I am told to "calm down" or something similar, here is a list of posts that also thought the OPost was real.

Furthermore, why not go back an see how many times the OPer had to say "This is a joke". Must not be a very good joke:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There, so let's see how many is that?

Twenty-six! Well, how many posts to a page?

Twenty

And this thread is almost 4 pages long, so that is a 25% failure on the joke aspect.

1 in 4 people think this thread is real...

EDIT (I didn't remove commentary, or OPers continued posts either. So I gave a padded in HIS favor number.)

PS: Since this thread is a joke, my whole post is on topic....(Just sayin')
edit on 3/16/2012 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Ok I'm not sure if you meant to be condescending but that is how i answer in my own posts, individually. Also one in four isn't that bad really, this is a pretty serious site. Maybe I should just stick to $&@! Jokes in my sets just so people laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join