It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Nuclear Wars and Past Civilisations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
In 8000+ years

thats also something to take into concideration, is the time scale, perhaps these events unfolded even further back in our history than 8k yrs.

While I think that some materials would return to the earth there are always anomolies, i think that cast and mixed metals would last longer though, which brings us back to, how much longer?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I don't believe Unicorns exist anymore, I haven't believed that since I was a kid. They are extinct now, like the elephant bird. I guess they may have actually been a form of goat.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

The oldest wooden weapon found so far is 400,000 years

Those spears

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by owtFsink

THATS GREAT!!! you made your point....
maybe now you can leave the discusiion to people who like to explore something other than your words...boring......i wasnt trying to make any point i was hoping for an inteliigent conversation

You were trying to make a case/discussion for the possible existence of unknown civilizations using nuclear or other unknown technology to do x or y..........

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

An advanced civilization of beings would not have intermingled well with people who would have been more primitive at that time. They would have made contact and possibly had them doing things for them. Their technology would not be found in most places. It's important to note also that if conditions were right they could have evolved like we did in the last 500 years. I have no idea of how these people would have been socially and don't know if they would have even been human. That is, if they existed. This could have happened anytime in the past.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ah but how do you know they are extinct? There could be one in your neighbours house, and from what I hear the NWO elite offen feasts on roast unicorn (with a garlic and leek sauce of course)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

i have the same feeling , it could explain things like the chinese acupuncture , and some of the herbal remedies.
the willow tree leaves are the same as aspirin , a lot of the modern medicine's are based on old herbal treatments.
how did our ancient ancestors know of these things when modern medicine has only discovered them in our recent history.
ancient sumer knew about the planets long before the astronomers of our times discovered them

the list could go on and on .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

thats great little tid bit, i wonder if it was the oils from thier hands that helped preserve it, or the sediment, maybe both, certainly odd since i spend much time outdoors and i see wood rot and decaying pretty fast.

one thing i was gonna point too was a recent article i read ( not on ATS) about a new particle that was discovered being emitted from the sun which is changing the decay rate (carbon dating), speeding it up, makes on wonder if this particle hasnt been in play for a long time and perhaps even a carbon date of 400k yys in this case isnt accurate...
So say they had these grand buildings in a city made of ??? and then over 400k yrs some of those materials decay faster, weather differently and leave behind what we see today clay mounds.. (i know that a wooden spear is not going to create an impact crater or cause heat changes in sediment) just wanted to introduce the idea that science is not infallable.

Discovery.com
edit on 16-3-2012 by owtFsink because: to add link to article

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I never get invited to anything like that.
I ate exotic meats when I belonged to the Exchange club but never Unicorn.....They probably just taste like chicken, lamb, beef, or pork anyway. Surprising how many things taste like chicken.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I read that radioactive decay was found to decrease during the increased times of solar activity, even on the other side of the earth from the sun. I'm not sure if these two articles are related.

Bacteria can't grow in clay either because the mineral content is so high it kinda shorts out their nervous system.
edit on 16-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I read that radioactive decay was found to decrease during the increased times of solar activity, even on the other side of the earth from the sun. I'm not sure if these two articles are related.

they may have stemmed from the same research.

However, when they compared their measurements with other scientists' work, the values of the published decay rates were not the same. In fact, after further research they found that not only were they not constant, but they'd vary with the seasons. Decay rates would slightly decrease during the summer and increase during the winter.

and then further in the article

Did the sun somehow communicate with the manganese-54 sample? If it did, something from the sun would have had to travel through the Earth (as the sample was on the far side of our planet from the sun at the time) unhindered.

i have searched for more on this have only found rehashings of the same article

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The article I read was only about two or three paragraphs long and didn't have nearly as much description as yours. I read this about two or more years ago I think, I suppose it's been refined since then. I love reading research articles. I gotta have two browsers open sometimes to look up technical words. Sometimes that works well, some words have different meanings if applied to different principals. I understand how people sometimes translate the evidence wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I totally agree with this gut feeling. Ever thought that maybe the story of Sodom was something more than a metaphor? Also, what is up with all of these ancient religions and sky battles?

I think a lot of people forget that most of our inventions, if forgotten, can be rediscovered with time...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The evidence many on here look for when concerned with these ancient civilizations will never be found..if such a race/civilization did exist in such archaic times then the infinite appetite of time would have surely ate away at much of what was built or accomplished. Lets just for this thread quit trying to prove or disprove each other and just wonder and speculate, since realistically thats all we will ever be able to do about this subject...I'm just tired of going through pages of people arguing with each other over asinine points rather then reading theories and thoughts.

Back to the subject...

I'm a bit of a history buff and love reading about nearly all stages of our current civilization, but there has always been a nagging feeling like something just didn't feel right...the same feeling I get when I go to the movie theater and have to use the bathroom at an inopportune moment and when I get back I've missed a very important piece of the movie. I feel that there is a chunk we're missing, maybe a couple thousand years worth of our development thats been lost and if one looks at what has happened during war time to libraries and repositories of knowledge throughout the ancient (hell even in the modern) world then its not too hard to imagine why we would have missing pieces.

I weep when I think of what was lost when the Library of Alexandria was burnt....and there is probably so many more instances that we will never even know about, so much knowledge we don't even realize that we've lost.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I remember seeing the Life After People on History and they mentioned that after 10,000 years Mount Rushmore might be the only thing standing, this includes the pyramids (which would be buried in the sand.) If this is the case and man had somehow reverted back to cavemen due to some sort of destruction, what if this is the only thing remaining?

Then as man got more civilised again, it's discovered and they build something around it, like the Sphinx. And the whole process starts all over again. I often think about weird stuff that like.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

Very possible indeed....the Egyptians dug them out the first time around and just added on. Maybe the reason the Egyptians have no records of how they were built is because they didn't build it?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

i have the same feeling , it could explain things like the chinese acupuncture , and some of the herbal remedies.
the willow tree leaves are the same as aspirin , a lot of the modern medicine's are based on old herbal treatments.
how did our ancient ancestors know of these things when modern medicine has only discovered them in our recent history.

Willow bark is what aspirin used to be made of, until they figured out how to make it chemically.
IOW, it's the same knowledge base, not that "the ancients" knew about it and we only recently "discovered" it.

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
ancient sumer knew about the planets long before the astronomers of our times discovered them

the list could go on and on .

The list could go on and on, yes. Assuming you mean the list of lies told to you that you swallowed hook line and sinker.
No ancient culture knew anything about any planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye. And at that, they still knew nothing at all about even those planets, except that they were wandering points of light in the night sky.

You've been taken in by the lies and misrepresentations of Zechariah Sitchin.

Originally posted by owtFsink

one thing i was gonna point too was a recent article i read ( not on ATS) about a new particle that was discovered being emitted from the sun which is changing the decay rate (carbon dating), speeding it up, makes on wonder if this particle hasnt been in play for a long time and perhaps even a carbon date of 400k yys in this case isnt accurate...

Carbon dating is only good to around 60K YBP. The oldest C14 dates that can be detected would be altered by a few days only by the subatomic phenomenon you read about.

You can see all this, including how to calculate any C14 errors, right here at ATS. I recommend using Google to find it (for me, the ATS search function leaves much to be desired.) In the search box, put your search terms followed by ":abovetopsecret.com" and you'll find it.

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

I weep when I think of what was lost when the Library of Alexandria was burnt....and there is probably so many more instances that we will never even know about, so much knowledge we don't even realize that we've lost.

Roman, Greek and other scholars worked with the collection for several hundred years. Although a great deal was lost nothing too 'epic' was involved - or the scholars might have mentioned it. A great deal of it was poetry, very little science or what we would call 'Ancient History'.

List of lost books

Very possible indeed....the Egyptians dug them out the first time around and just added on. Maybe the reason the Egyptians have no records of how they were built is because they didn't build it?

Oddly that didn't happen - can you show evidence that it did happen the way you stated? No records of it being built - okay shows us the earliest records of a building being built in the ancient world - that have survived. Less than 1% of AE records have survived and there is no hint they made 'building plans'.

If you could could you also show us the evidence for the culture, other than the AE that left materials on the Giza plateau and surrounding area? Thanks
edit on 17/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I previously posted this in response to another thread on a similar subject. Which, at the time I felt was a compelling argument.

let's look at all the space debris we have circling our planet. It is a virtual junkyard up there, thousands upon thousands of pieces of space debris, none of which were there before the 50's or at least none that we know of

Purely from a timescale point of view, I don't think it holds water. But, I would be VERY interested to try to get some idea of how long it would roughly take for all the space debris to eventually dissipate from Earth's orbit.

Do you think we'd be talking Thousands, Millions.... of years ?

It would certainly help to put a ballpark figure of how long it would take to return to a 'clean slate' so to speak.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riakennor
I previously posted this in response to another thread on a similar subject. Which, at the time I felt was a compelling argument.

let's look at all the space debris we have circling our planet. It is a virtual junkyard up there, thousands upon thousands of pieces of space debris, none of which were there before the 50's or at least none that we know of

Purely from a timescale point of view, I don't think it holds water. But, I would be VERY interested to try to get some idea of how long it would roughly take for all the space debris to eventually dissipate from Earth's orbit.

Do you think we'd be talking Thousands, Millions.... of years ?

It would certainly help to put a ballpark figure of how long it would take to return to a 'clean slate' so to speak.

i have only read bits and peices of similar articles and was actually surprised to find some here(ats), i cant speak to the accuracy of it all but it is definitely relavent.

Could even be plausable that if ancient sattelites existed that may have some type of weapons platform that could cause the type storys we here about ancient civilizatiolns being destroyed by super weapons...

BLACK NIGHT SATELLITE

sooo much we just dont understand, to set our thoughts in stone based on current fallable sciences is foolish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join