It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Nuclear Wars and Past Civilisations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have no proof whatsoever except for a gut feeling. Something I have been thinking of lately. With our current world/civilisation going to hell in a handbasket and the threat of a nuclear conflict growing either by a country finally pressing the button or through terrorist activity, i find myself asking the following question.

What if we are not the first so called advanced civilisation that had nukes? (Personally any civilisation that have nukes as weapons dont deserve to be called civilised at all, rather the opposite actually but hey ho I digress) What if there was an advanced civilisation once before us that had a major hissy fissy which led to a nuclear conflict aka Threads style or The Day After and the globe was ruined. What if the Neathendals in caves were actually descendents of that conflict, starting out all over and it has taken till now to get this far? It does make one think does it not.

Does anyone else ascribe to this theory?
Would love to see any thoughts or comments etc on this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's not an uncommon theory. It could be plausible.

I point you too a previous ATS threads on the subject.

Or you could look up the Mahabharata, as many insist that battles in this ancient text are in fact descriptions of nuclear war. The city spoken of in the linked ATS thread I believe is supposed to be one of the cities in the Mahabharata.

Either way it is quite a fascinating theory and the city itself needs some explaining.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I have no proof whatsoever except for a gut feeling. Something I have been thinking of lately. With our current world/civilisation going to hell in a handbasket and the threat of a nuclear conflict growing either by a country finally pressing the button or through terrorist activity, i find myself asking the following question.

What if we are not the first so called advanced civilisation that had nukes? (Personally any civilisation that have nukes as weapons dont deserve to be called civilised at all, rather the opposite actually but hey ho I digress) What if there was an advanced civilisation once before us that had a major hissy fissy which led to a nuclear conflict aka Threads style or The Day After and the globe was ruined. What if the Neathendals in caves were actually descendents of that conflict, starting out all over and it has taken till now to get this far? It does make one think does it not.

There was a thread here a few years ago that had a similar view. I'm typing this in my iPod and I can't link it, but I'm pretty sure the thread was titled "Have We Done This Before?". Great thread. It really made an impression on me, which is why I'm fairly certain of the title.

I think anything is possible. Although if our ancestors were remnants of an advanced civilization, how do we explain Neanderthals and Cro-Magnon and the others? Perhaps they were survivors, too. Wouldn't that be amazing!

I love threads like these. S&F

Eta: Thread
edit on 14-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: Linked thread

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Go get Dr. Joseph P. Farrell' book "The Cosmic War", I think you will find all the answers to your questions there in black and white.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Although there is some archaeological evidence that some ancient cities may have been "nuked", I believe those were isolated incidents which did not wipe out the majority of mankind. Please see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do, however, suspect that we previously were very advanced, but natural disasters on a global scale brought us back down to the level of cavemen. Please read Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints of The Gods", a fascinating look at archaeological evidence of earlier civilizations which rivaled our own current technological advancements.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Its a fascinating theory that I have been looking into recently myself - what hooked me was the claims that some areas that are described in the vedic texts exhibit the same features as the deserts of white sands , new mexico were the first atomic bomb was tested , the sand had vitrified ( fused together ) which only happens in the extreme tempratures like a nuclear blast creates .

please check out this link :

veda.wikidot.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by Masamune69 because: word used out of context

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wtf dude I always have felt the same way with apsoloutly no proof or evidence. Looking at the pyramids and other unexplainable wonder in our world, most think aliens I think we did have a advanced society that either destroyed it's self or natural disaster. No reasoning for it just a gut feeling like you said. Maybe it's a ongoing experiment by whatever higher power you believe or don't believe in to see if a society of free thinking beings can exist together in harmony? If the common bond of emotion and compassion and overall respect fOr our fellow man can bring about peace and once it fails the slate is wiped clean and we start again. I at least hope it's the case since we are on the verge of killing ourselves now. Like to think that although I won't be conciously aware that we have another chance that we do, sadly I don't think man will ever resist the urge for power and money and these attempts may be feeble. Awesome Post IMO I don't feel alone now lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This has intrigued me for a while
And put alot to the theory
But recent research and events in the effect of solar activity is starting to draw my attention on this subject
And is on my list of things to look seriously into

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Masamune69

Just to be a devil's advocate on this (though I do believe earth had at least one civilization in the past that was technologically advanced like or surpassing us). A meteor that explodes close to the earth inside the atmosphere could in theory cause such high temps.

Now I am not a scientist, but I heard this on one of the history channel videos about this idea from the debunker's side, just throwing that out their as its plausible too (and with it exploding their wouldn't be an impact crater).

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Groan, yes this subject comes up every few months, pardon my fatigue with the subject

No sign of these civilizations in the archaeological record
No evidence of nuclear war or advance civilization from any other scientific source
No sign of nukes, reports of same are fake
No nukes in Indian literature, modern misinterpretions

So far just us and our cousins with rocks and stones until recently

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

here is to hoping the talk of nuclear darwination is not predictive programming

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There's quite a lot of intriguing evidence for this theory in Dead Men's Secrets — Tantalising Hints of a Lost Super Race by Jonathan Gray. The evidence presented comes from every corner of the globe, though some is weightier than other.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do a little bit of research online, it's amazing what you'll find.

There is strong evidence to suggest some sort of radioactive weapon of mass destruction was used in the area near India / Pakistan in our far distant past.

There is an area of very high unexplained radiation which can't be explained away by normal background radiation levels or any modern event.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Groan, yes this subject comes up every few months, pardon my fatigue with the subject

No sign of these civilizations in the archaeological record
No evidence of nuclear war or advance civilization from any other scientific source
No sign of nukes, reports of same are fake
No nukes in Indian literature, modern misinterpretions

So far just us and our cousins with rocks and stones until recently

I firmly believe that there is a massive cover up of very ancient civilizations going on in the archaeological community. Too many finds are coming to the public eye that can't be explained with the current human timeline.

Also, modern archaeology has never been able to adequately explain how mankind went from living in caves to building massive monuments and cities in stone using advanced architectural techniques within the space of a few hundred years, in areas around the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined,

I like to read the comments below stories. Sometimes, they can be very informative.

If you go to the ink in the OP of the thread you linked about ancient civilizations, it takes you to Extinctionprotocols. It was an interesting read, an idea I have heard before and thought intriguing. But in the comments below the story, I found this link to an excellent debunk of the theory.

I'm sure there were ancient civilizations of which we are unaware, but I don't think an Indus Valley nuclear war happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Do a little bit of research online, it's amazing what you'll find.

There is strong evidence to suggest some sort of radioactive weapon of mass destruction was used in the area near India / Pakistan in our far distant past.

There is an area of very high unexplained radiation which can't be explained away by normal background radiation levels or any modern event.

This is a well known fake and misinterpretation please research using the many threads already on this same subject

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I firmly believe that there is a massive cover up of very ancient civilizations going on in the archaeological community. Too many finds are coming to the public eye that can't be explained with the current human timeline.

And what are those - do you mean the new finds are being interpreted in a way you don't agree with - if you wish to discuss this start another thread this one is on nuke war. Since you firmly believe this can you provide in that thread the evidence for this massive cover up? Thanks

Also, modern archaeology has never been able to adequately explain how mankind went from living in caves to building massive monuments and cities in stone using advanced architectural techniques within the space of a few hundred years, in areas around the world.

In your opinion - so what speed should we have developed? Please post your criteria and parameters in the new thread, thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I think anything is possible. Although if our ancestors were remnants of an advanced civilization, how do we explain Neanderthals and Cro-Magnon and the others? Perhaps they were survivors, too. Wouldn't that be amazing!

I love threads like these. S&F

Eta: Thread
edit on 14-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: Linked thread

It could be entirely possible that these species were genetic mutations of a previous race who had changed due to the massive fall out or radiation or...what ever it may have been?

While i beleive that there were ancient and highly technological societies on earth far before modern science can say, i firmly feel that they were not the cause of these seeming disasters. I think a small to medium sized meteor impact would have the same destructive properties / vitrifacation effects, and if an object broke up in orbit, depending on trajectory, it could create clusters similar to those at/near whitesands.

While stories from ancient texts do fascinate me, and there are good reasons for some to beleive that a war with great weapons did take place, i do not think that would have been the casue for the great destruction that seems to have nearly wiped away these "past" societies, almost simultaneously...

edit on 14-3-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

If there had been a massive nuclear war this would show in the sediment and ice coring from around the world and the Arctic and Antarctic it would also show up in deviations in the fossil pollen counts, etc

<<   2  3  4 >>

join