It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic warfare in India 8000 years ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.pip.com.au...

I only found the same article printed on different sites. Could this be true.? Any1 have any other info on this? This is what it reads below.

ANCIENT CITY FOUND, IRRADIATED FROM ATOMIC BLAST
SOURCE:: World Island Review, January 1992

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

A HISTORIAN COMMENTS

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

ARCHEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION PROVIDES INFORMATION

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

Construction has halted while the five member team conducts the investigation. The foreman of the project is Lee Hundley, who pioneered the investigation after the high level of radiation was discovered.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by jonSUN]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
just so I'm clear on this, there's radiation near an ancient city, and a story about a catastrophic event.

What specific reliable evidence is there the radiation is directly related to the ancient city ?

don't radioactive materials have a half life ?

wouldn't that mean that the radiation from 8,000 years ago would have to have been so intense, no life could prosper within, what, 1,000 miles

maybe its a cover story to hide the indian govt dumping spent fuel rods from there nuke power plants in a residential area ?

[edit on 28-6-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
I only found the same article printed on different sites. Could this be true.? Any1 have any other info on this? This is what it reads below.

Another source of info ...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No, it's not true.

The site is, in fact, a popular tourist destination:
www.rajasthantravelguide.com...

There's tons of photos all over the place, which would not be possible if the site had much radiation (it'd kill the film.) It's a very lively place, with wonderful archaeological sites and very old buildings. It's a crossroads for traders and there's also a number of important religious festivals there. It's one of the great sacred sites in India:
www.tiscali.co.uk...

It does have two modern nuclear power plants, and is an important source for limestone and copper:
www.photius.com...

I'm not sure what the original story for this (frequently debunked) piece is, OR what the writers' motive is. It appears to be fairly modern and may be related to an inter-class war (blaming the Brahamans) www.dalitstan.org... -- given the heavy (and wrong) overtones of the piece. Or it might have been part of a screed against atomic power in its original form.

Interestingly enough, "The Mahabharata text" actually doesn't exist. You can go read The Mahabharata for yourself.

And in either case, the piece you found isn't correct.

(edited to add that they DID have writing in India in 6,000 BC and again, there's nothing about atomic warfare or anything that sounded like it in the writings.)

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Look believe it or not before the flood was technology like ours and they did have war and it was only 4-5 thousand years ago but nobody will belive it cause they are brainwashed by carbon dating and other nonsense.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with Byrd on this one, there was no nuclear war back then. There is no actual evidence that has been uncovered. There is little evidence that we were advanced enough to do that back then.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
Look believe it or not before the flood was technology like ours and they did have war and it was only 4-5 thousand years ago but nobody will belive it cause they are brainwashed by carbon dating and other nonsense.

please explain considering the half-life of radioactive materials how every living thing in the area doesn't show the effects, ie mutations and the like.....

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A lot of people quote from the Mahabharata but the real mentions of atomic oriented weapons are actually mentioned in the Ramayana which precedes Mahabharata by at least 500 years. I have some interesting quotes from the Ramayana that mentions a weapon known as the Bramhastra. This weapon was very difficult to obtain and according to the text it could only be obtained by severe penance. It could only be used once and was meant to be aimed at a worthy/dangerous foe for its repurcussions were dangerous. Will follow up on this soon with the translation of the actual verse from the Ramayana when this weapon is used by Rama in battle.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
syrinx high priest:
Your avatar is way to wide I'd fix it.
Wow byrd you are smart. You always have linsk and other sources to back up your statements.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
well im not too sure but the ones i know of are under tons of sand in egypt or around....not too sure about the other ones or mutations but seriously the india one could be a cover up for military but the ones in the sands of nowhere are probably not.

(lol the debunker of nonsense sensed nonsense out of my nonsense if that makes sense then i'd reckon it so)

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
so a nuclear war happened only 4,000 years ago, had no effect on the surronding flora and fauna, and its all buried now ?

I'm lost, are we in India or Egypt ?

(the nonsense thing is mostly reserved for reptilians from the 4th dimension living on the moon)

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The first nuclear explosion on Earth took place in 1945 in New Mexico at the climax of the Manhatten project.

Until then the atom had not been split.
There is not a single relic that suggests there has been. Only some legends and nonsense peddled by liars and those who havent looked into the matter enough yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Cool man your smart that means i am totally wrong and you really are a great researcher who obviously has been to those radioactive places and told every scientist there that they are dumb.....

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
In May of 1974 India detonated its first nuclear device, a 10-to-15 kiloton bomb, under the Rajasthan desert. It could be radiation from that or the radioactive site could be in the desert and not the actual city. So it is still possible that there actually was an ancient atomic blast after all.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
well im not too sure but the ones i know of are under tons of sand in egypt or around....not too sure about the other ones or mutations but seriously the india one could be a cover up for military but the ones in the sands of nowhere are probably not.

Okay, which ones under what tons of sand in Egypt or wherever? Remember, this is ATS, where Investigation Of Claims is a real standard.

You claimed it... now c'mon out with those links!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wisdumb, when you present some real evidence, and not just crap from hacks off the web then maybe the idea will be taken seriously.

But until that wonderful day here are a few questions:
1: Where are the ancient Uranium mines?
2: Where are the ancient facilities built with thick lead linings to shield the workers from the radiation?

Answers on a postcard to....

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
wisdumb, your general lack of maturity in your posts leads me to believe you are about 10 years old. Is that the case ? I always feel bad when I flame 10 year olds thinking they are adults

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im 17 but how can you gather a maturity level from a bunch of typed up words?
I didnt get any info from any website on radioactive sands, I heard this on maybe discovery or history or some other channel. Whats wrong with someone once knowing how to split the atom anyways? Maybe its a place a uranium enriched astroid hit and exploded before contact and radiated the area but not so long ago that mutations occured.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Wisdumb, when you present some real evidence, and not just crap from hacks off the web then maybe the idea will be taken seriously.

But until that wonderful day here are a few questions:
1: Where are the ancient Uranium mines?
2: Where are the ancient facilities built with thick lead linings to shield the workers from the radiation?

Answers on a postcard to....

In fact, there were (maybe somewhere still are) naturally occuring nuclear reactors. I know its not a "mine" per-se, but my point is there's plenty out there for folks to latch onto and assume some "long lost ancient civilization" had something to do with it.

Here's a couple links about this intriguing phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.discover.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I believe I have posted on this before, but here is similar info again...

IF there is radiation, it does NOT have to mean there was a "nuclear war" in times of old. Here is another solution and one that is far more plausable.

Natural sources of radiation include cosmic rays, radon gas, AND radioactive elements in the earth's crust. Many naturally occurring elements are radioactive with half-lives of many hundreds of years.

Humans, animals and plants have been exposed to natural radiation since the creation of life. Interestingly, life evolved in a radiation field that was much more intense than today. The annual effective radiation dose from natural and man-made sources for the world's population is about 3 mSv, which includes exposure to alpha radiation from radon and its progeny nuclides. Nearly 80% of this dose (2.4 mSv) comes from natural background radiation, although levels of natural radiation can vary greatly. Ramsar, a northern coastal city in Iran, has areas with some of the highest levels of natural radiation measured to date.

Inhabitants who live in some houses in this area receive annual doses as high as 132 mSv from external terrestrial sources. The radioactivity of the high background radiation areas (HBRAs) of Ramsar is due to Ra-226 and its decay products, which have been brought to the surface by the waters of hot springs. There are more than 9 hot springs with different concentrations of radium in Ramsar that are used as spas by both tourists and residents.

High Background Radiation Areas of Ramsar, Iran

Also I believe THIS to be some notable information.

Rajasthan occupies an important place in the activities of the DAE. Presently there are four power reactors operating in Rajasthan (RAPS 1,2,3 & 4), two are under construction (RAPS-5 & 6) and a few more are to come up in future. The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is determined to make Rawatbhata as a nuclear park. RAPS-1 is in fact the first of the pressurized heavy water reactors (PHWRs), which form the mainstream of the first stage of the Indian Nuclear Power Programme. Currently 12 PHWRs in operation in various parts of the country. A Heavy Water Plant and a Cobalt-60 Facility (RAPCOF) are operational at Rawatbhata. The astronomy-research facility GRACE of DAE is also situated at Mount Abu.

Rajasthan has also the distinction of having the singular site (Pokhran) where all nuclear tests have been conducted by the Department, and which have contributed immensely to national security. On this account, not only the people of Rajasthan, but the whole country derives great pride from these achievements.
www.dae.gov.in...

Finally, what is interesting is you have a location with high radiation and supposed black ash rocks and charred skeletons. Archeologist Francis Taylor seems to be at the center of this story, but nobody can find such a person exsists or has ever existed. For reasons of contamination in the people of that area, experts in radiation found that wood that was used in the power plant for construction, pallets, etc had made it's way into society and used in other construction or for firewood. Make that radiated wood in case you missed that...

You will also note, that in India, there are no newspapers that carry the story of this supposed discovery and Indian archaeological authorities have no stories on this either.

There are other natural reasons I could mention as well, including volcanic ash from a eruption being carried to the surface with a high radiation level, and spread over a wide area.

I would think any of these possibilities are far more plausable than linking radiation to an ancient writing that might be pure fantasy, translated incorrectly, or not even exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join