It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Nuclear Wars and Past Civilisations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I was theorizing you evidence nazi..sorry for having an imagination...or would you like proof that I have one of those too?

I WASN'T TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING

I WAS MERELY WONDERING OUT LOUD

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
Lets just for this thread quit trying to prove or disprove each other and just wonder and speculate, since realistically thats all we will ever be able to do about this subject...I'm just tired of going through pages of people arguing with each other over asinine points rather then reading theories and thoughts.

Since you seemed to have missed the part where I said I would be having no evidence but merely speculation and thoughts on the matter.

Having evidence is a must but we musn't let that become a neurosis and squash any imagination that we have on the subject
edit on 17-3-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

i have choosen to ignore him, he only posts the same rhetoric as he has on the past 3 pages and in everyone of his posts on the topic in previus threads, now that he knows he is bothering you he will only continue

@Hans...i asked you already to stop now i ask you again,
please stop

you have made your perspective quite clear as is it the same rhetoric you continue to post with no insight or free thought in your mind, is it so hard for you to allow others to think "outside the box"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

Yeah he's definitely got a way about him, ahh well if thats the way he wants to be I'll leave him to it, but as for me I like to imagine things and wonder without the need for evidence at every turn.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

I was theorizing you evidence nazi..sorry for having an imagination...or would you like proof that I have one of those too?

I WASN'T TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING

I WAS MERELY WONDERING OUT LOUD

That okay I was adding information to your thinking out loud

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by owtFsink

you have made your perspective quite clear as is it the same rhetoric you continue to post with no insight or free thought in your mind, is it so hard for you to allow others to think "outside the box"

Sorry, you are not 'thinking outside the box'. It is best when trying to think outside the box to figure out where the box is first, then speculate from there

Sorry again, but I did post 'free thoughts' and 'thinking outside the box', you ignored it, you appear to only be interested in what you think is thinking outside the box....why is that?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

see what i mean...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
None of the animosity is necessary. It would be far more beneficial if we all try to keep an open mind and bounce off of each other's ideas.

Especially in a thread on this topic, because it's ALL going to be speculative by it's very nature.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Sorry, you are not 'thinking outside the box'. It is best when trying to think outside the box to figure out where the box is first, then speculate from there

Sorry again, but I did post 'free thoughts' and 'thinking outside the box', you ignored it, you appear to only be interested in what you think is thinking outside the box....why is that?

Mmm. Yet more empty rhetoric. Perhaps the reason why one could be interested more in thinking outside the box is that it is more interesting to think outside the box instead of inside it.

You want to try it some time.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Mmm. Yet more empty rhetoric. Perhaps the reason why one could be interested more in thinking outside the box is that it is more interesting to think outside the box instead of inside it.

You want to try it some time.

I do all the time; but as you have failed to do, the first action if you want to 'think outside the box' is to know where and what the box is - I've seen little evidence (love that word) that some even know where said box is. Once you know that THEN you can talk outside of it.

The 'box' is made up of the the known information, if you don't know what is already known, you cannot talk outside of it, you're just spouting off made up stuff.

However, perhaps you can give me an example of how one can talk outside the box on this subject? Please give an example of a 'inside the box' stance and one outside it

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

you're just spouting off made up stuff.

yes, ...and we are trying to do it without you, that is the box we are outside of, sry you dont have windows in your box to see that.
you have already displayed your point of view on the topic... more than once

ill ask AGIAN, plz stop. if you cannot add to the "speculative spouting off of made up stuff" then dont !!

i am pretty sure that we are all aware of what does and does not constitute evidence, i dont think the intent of the thread was to "PROVE" anything...sry you cant grasp that...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Since you cannot understand the principle, I'll explain it. You guys aren't talking outside the box, you are very much still inside it. What is funny is you don't seem to realize it!

Definition of 'thinking outside the box'

thinking that moves away in diverging directions so as to involve a variety of aspects and which sometimes lead to novel ideas and solutions; associated with creativity

You are just repeating stuff you've been told about from other websites....that isn't 'thinking outside the box'

So to explain it again, since you guys don't know where or what the box is on this subject. What you are saying is actually still inside it.

Try to come up with something actually outside the box; novel ideas and solutions, you got any? All you are doing now is parroting other rather tired fringe ideas which you have found in a hundreds threads on this and other forums.....
edit on 17/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

you have been asked several times in this thread by several memebers to stop what you are doing, thank you for respecting that....

we cant continue on the conversation that was started becasue you insist on entering and derailing the topic at hand and not allowing for the expansion of that conversaion.
Also since you insist on leaving the last word please do so now but understand that i wont be reading it so plz dont aim it at me.

if you care so much about where the topic is led go start your own thread...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Given all the carping here, I want to offer something positive, places to check for information.

Books:

Forbidden History

Forbidden Archaeology

Secrets of the Lost Races

Also, do a www search of OOPARTS (Out Of Place Artifacts).

Put a foundation under your speculation.

BTW - as to the idea that the ancients did not know of any non-visible planets, how about the Dogon of Mali, who knew from time immemorial things about the star Sirius (and its companion star) which western astronomy did not know of until recent decades???
edit on 18-3-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Given all the carping here, I want to offer something positive, places to check for information.

Books:

Forbidden History

Forbidden Archaeology

Secrets of the Lost Races

Also, do a www search of OOPARTS (Out Of Place Artifacts).

Put a foundation under your speculation.

BTW - as to the idea that the ancients did not know of any non-visible planets, how about the Dogon of Mali, who knew from time immemorial things about the star Sirius (and its companion star) which western astronomy did not know of until recent decades???
edit on 18-3-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

You'll find that idea utterly baseless, and it's been shown to be so right here at ATS.

Again with the google search of the abovetopsecret.com domain, please.

Harte

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My belief on people who think there is some giant coverup of ancient civilization either being more advanced than they were, or that people developed techniques beyond their means to produce what we did (such as an example earlier of not having the proper tools) simply underestimate ancient man.

Nuclear war, thousands of years ago? Laughable.

Man using stone age tools to make things geometrically sound? Not so much. I just think ancient man had more ingenuity than given credit for.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficacyOfTruth
My belief on people who think there is some giant coverup of ancient civilization either being more advanced than they were, or that people developed techniques beyond their means to produce what we did (such as an example earlier of not having the proper tools) simply underestimate ancient man.

Nuclear war, thousands of years ago? Laughable.

Man using stone age tools to make things geometrically sound? Not so much. I just think ancient man had more ingenuity than given credit for.

well of course, people who believe that men couldn't move large chunks of rock seem to believe that moving large chunks of rock is hard.
it's funny to read really when they also gush about "thinking outside the box" while they believe that moving objects is hard.
get enough people, with the right kind of motivation, and you could move anything. given that the pyramids are giant tombs to the representation of horus and osirus on earth, it would be viewed as worship to help build it. so every able bodied man would spend some time during the year helping to move the stone blocks.

thus it might be thousands of workers months on end moving blocks, but to the AA believers, that is impossible because we don't do that and they think since we don't build huge stone monuments neither did anyone else.

edit on 28-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If there had been a massive nuclear war this would show in the sediment and ice coring from around the world and the Arctic and Antarctic it would also show up in deviations in the fossil pollen counts, etc

Says you the arbiter of all that is true .. but you are ignoring the evidence again .

"from the ancient Mahabharata: …a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds… …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols… ..it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected… …to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment. "

I'll go with the documentation ...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

Says you the arbiter of all that is true .. but you are ignoring the evidence again .

The key word is evidence

Okay provide a non-fringe source to the original document that says that

Hey Harte seems we have 'THAT' claim again
edit on 28/4/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

The key word is evidence

Okay provide a non-fringe source to the original document that says that

Hey Harte seems we have 'THAT' claim again
edit on 28/4/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

I'll go you one better.

That quote appears nowhere in any translation of the Mahabharata in any form or phrasing.

It was fabricated by David Hatcher Childress; not from whole cloth though. It is a mish-mash of several different statements that appear in several different sections of the Mahabharata and come from texts in that book that are dealing with different places and times concerning the great war the book was (mainly) about.

And even those phrases were changed around, with Childress simply replacing some words with others of his own choosing.

Lying, IOW.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join