It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Rustami

Right, well I'm gay and I'd rather be damned to fake hell than believe lies.

WHY?? God loves you just as much as me! The blood Christ shed for you is just as red and just as precious as the blood He shed for me. We're both in the same boat before God friend. You sins aren't any worse than mine, in fact, I'll challenge anyone here to top mine. I can send you my testimony if you'd like. You'll say:

"Wow, my resume looks pretty good compared to NuT's, I hope he's in line before me on judgment day."

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You still didn't address the claim that you're plagiarizing.

I think you found the answer. Some things are not even worth comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by Rustami

WHY?? God loves you just as much as me! The blood Christ shed for you is just as red and just as precious as the blood He shed for me. We're both in the same boat before God friend. You sins aren't any worse than mine, in fact, I'll challenge anyone here to top mine. I can send you my testimony if you'd like. You'll say:

"Wow, my resume looks pretty good compared to NuT's, I hope he's in line before me on judgment day."

Last time I looked one of those Faith People is out calling Gays bad names. Just look at the antics of preacher named Rev. Fred Phelps that causes all manner of problems using Faith. Religion causes more bigotry than anything in the world. Religion is the root of We are Better than you because we follow Constaintine's book, which tells us how the hate many things. imho

Lots of religions are highly against Gays, even in the US. Deny religious ignarance called Faith. imho

Isn't religious dislike of Gay based upon Faith...

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Wasn't dislike of Gay based upon Faith

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

reply to post by Rustami

Last time I looked one of those Faith People is out calling Gays bad names. Just look at the antics of preacher named Fred Phelps that causes all manner of problems using Faith.

Lots of religions are highly against Gays, even in the US. Deny religious ignarance called Faith. imho

What? Are you wanting me to hate gay people?

Fred Phelps, yes, lets find the most absurd ridiculous example of a hate-filled Christian and portray him as every Christian, hell, as most Christians even. Using the very rare exception to the rule to define the same rule is just about as foolish as logical fallacies can possibly get.

Fred Phelps went to Thomas Jefferson Theological Seminary. He ripped 1 Corinthians chapter 13 completely from his Bible. Remember Jesus said to beware of the wolves posing as innocent sheep and the tares sown amongst the wheat by satan?

Dude, that post was extremely offensive. Just as offensive to Christians as Fred Phelps is to the person who practices homosexuality.

edit on 22-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Don't try to sidestep that which is real in your houses of religious bigotry. Clean your houses of religion not only of this bigotry, but all those issues of worship of Babylon's tyranny toward all and the denial of Christ himself via the inclusions of Constantaine's perversion of religion.

Deny ignorance, deny Faith based nonsense.

=====

www.faithinamerica.org...

Religion-based bigotry is the No. 1 impediment to equality and full human dignity...

Religion-based bigotry is not synonymous with bigotry. It is a uniquely vile form of bigotry as the prejudice, hostility and discrimination behind the words are given a moral stamp of approval.

======

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: More misplaced religion issues

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Don't try to sidestep that which is real in your houses of religious bigotry.

DUDE! I live in Indiana! I'm not even a member of their denomination! That's an entirely different team. And I didn't deny the Fred Phelps of the world exist, they do, they did in Jesus' time too. And they were the ones who sent Him to Pilate for going to the "sinners" with the gospel of the Kingdom. I said IGNORE THEM.

Anyone who claims to be Christian and hates people isn't, love is the fulfillment of the law, not protests and bitter hatred. They're a private church for the Phelps family and friends. They are a cult that uses the Bible to justify their homophobia. WTF,?? They aren't following Jesus which is THE hallmark of a "Christ"ian.

You're getting pretty cranky and hateful right now, it might be time for your nap.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Morning, NuT,

I don't believe Magnum Opus is wrong, and neither are you. Magnum is discussing the need for peace and tolerance, and so are you. You yourself despise RELIGION. Magnum's gripe is also RELIGION. Bigotry is wrong. You know that, and you are a stellar example of someone who appreciates the actual Christian doctrine of tolerance and acceptance, which is what Magnum is promoting.

Do you see how this exchange between the two of you has caused friction based on failing to mutually understand one another? Magnum as offered excellent summaries of what we know about the history of our current "civilization". Both of you stand for justice and equality of all human beings.

It's the religious zealots and bigots, the haters (whose hate is based on "tradition" and ignorance and vengeance), and the greedy rich who want to be richer and use others for their own gain that are the problem.

Peace.
Please, let's all work toward peace, understanding, and mutual survival.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You do appear to be the Bible's apologist and are still sidestepping. I said Houses meaning many Churches. The web site listed speaks to many churches. You attempt to focus only on one.

The problem isn't just Rev. Fred's church------it is widespread.

The problem is the Biblical books speaks to this issue and promotes the biogotry, which those of faith play ditto-heads and do the same.

You are sidestepping these issues that those of the Faithful are required to become bigots against Gay orientation:

=======

www.seafox.com...

The Bible Speaks Against Homosexuality
By Pastor Arthur F. Kohl

1. The Law of God Speaks Against it:
Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 23:17, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

========

www.bible.ca...=sin.htm

Anyone who has heard of the cities of "Sodom and Gommorah" knows that they were notorious hotbeds of homosexuality. Gen 19:5-8 "and they called to Lot and said to him, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.' But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said, 'Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.'" The Greek word in the New Testament for homosexuality is literally "a sodomite". Jock is trying to redefine what the term "sodomite" means.

=======

www.contenderministries.org...

All sexual sins (i.e. promiscuity, adultery, homosexuality, prostitution, etc.) are sins because they do not conform to the limit of sex being a marital activity. Now of course some of you will point out the list of sexual activity prohibited by the Mosaic laws, but let’s not address those issues of the law from which Paul said we are now free. Instead, let’s stick to those ancient commands that endure eternal. To that end, the above-mentioned single rule is how we are to judge sexual morality.

======

Perhaps you should get out of your little house in Indiana, both read the Bible and admit what is there and see how this shapes religious bigotry against Gay, both near and way afar from Indiana. What did Indiana have to do with anything. Pitiful excuses, playing artful dodger games.

It would appear that you never read the Bible, else you would know these things and not be playing games of denial on what is there.

I think we have heard from many how the faithful have to believe all that is in the Bible, they don't get to pick and chose parts, and it was all written by God. Thus, it appears that you are having a serious problem with your faith as to not notice that which is obvious in the Big Book.

Did we not just see you speaking of Sin with the Gay person in the same breath? That is religious bigotry.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Faithful's Games of Denial

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Peace.

Blessed Be the Peacemakers. Peace comes with a common understanding and truth.

We'll keep your objective in mind....however too much Holy Smoke does tend to obscure the view of truth.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Holy Jesus Vs Holy Smoke

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hey Wild! Where you been lady pants? Did you get to see your son like you'd hoped? I've been blessed with some busy doing some work at mom's house and her church since I have all this free time lately!

Magnum is discussing the need for peace and tolerance, and so are you. You yourself despise RELIGION. Magnum's gripe is also RELIGION.

I was trying to say that hatred is not what Christ taught me to do, His Spirit doesn't allow me to, and His Word doesn't say I'm required to hate. My impression of what MO said was that, according to Fred Phelps we are supposed to hate gay folks, just for being gay! And I thought he implied that ALL Christians are religious hypocrites.

If that's not at all what he meant, well then I'm sorry, it was about 6 am when I wrote that and I could barely keep my eyes open, that's when I went to bed. Any special plans for the weekend?

NuT

Edit: Yes, Wild, after I posted that I read him say this to me in response:

You are sidestepping these issues that those of the Faithful are required to become bigots against Gay orientation:

He is IMPLYING all Christians are required to hate gay people for being born gay. that's NOT the Christian faith, we are to love and honor all men, to show them to hands and feet of Jesus Christ. I'm going to love all people with blinders on and I'm going to let God make the decisions about who goes to hell and who doesn't. I just want to love people, I don't want to hate them, I couldn't even if I was ordered to, i don't have hate inside me for them.

I'm a chef dear, and I don't know if you've ever ate at a restaurant before, but a lot of male servers are homosexually oriented in the industry. A lot of my personal friends in life are homosexually oriented.

I love them just like I love anyone else that walks bipedially. (sp?) I'm not going to hate gay folks, despite what MO and Fred Phelps says. Neither of them are Christ.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So you are a fraud.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It would appear that you never read the Bible.

Well, time to check that eye prescription sir. It's not that some of us haven't read our Bibles, it's just that some of us read past the blank sheet separating the OT from the New. Christ said to love and to serve all men. And that love was the fulfillment of the entire Law.

Christ is more than capable to sort is all out, I'm just going to concentrate on service and love. I'm not apologetic if that's offensive to you, it's not offensive to me. I get great joy being able to and given opportunities daily to serve people and to love them without conditions, I feel that's what God has done for me in Christ and I feel I can do that to all His children also.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Peace.

Blessed Be the Peacemakers. Peace comes with a common understanding and truth.

We'll keep your objective in mind....however too much Holy Smoke does tend to obscure the view of truth.

"Holy smoke" huh?

Well, you could always pray to God that He'll smite me as a lesson to all other "christians" who preach NT love instead of OT hatred couldn't you? I think you should do that, we don't need my practice of blind love perverting the truth of god now can we?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hey yourself...
I've been around....just sorta not on this thread due to the foul treatment I received....(I know, I know, big baby with a big mouth)....

Perhaps I have missed that part of MO's m.o.
. He seems to be talking about history, the history of religion, the history of civilization, and the misperceptions of SOME modern religions to what the man Christ taught (among others before him, and after him).

I know you don't like "religion" either. If he's unaware of all the various sects of Christianity, I don't know....it is obvious to me that only a select group are gay-haters like Phelps and the "Catholic doctrine" that says homosexuals are damned.

He is IMPLYING all Christians are required to hate gay people for being born gay. that's NOT the Christian faith, we are to love and honor all men, to show them to hands and feet of Jesus Christ. I'm going to love all people with blinders on and I'm going to let God make the decisions about who goes to hell and who doesn't. I just want to love people, I don't want to hate them, I couldn't even if I was ordered to, i don't have hate inside me for them.

I know that you are not a hater. If he doesn't know that all Christians are not required to do that, then that's something he needs to be corrected on, I agree. I just didn't see that in his message.

I'm a chef dear, and I don't know if you've ever ate at a restaurant before
Nope, never set foot in one. LOL

but a lot of male servers are homosexually oriented in the industry. A lot of my personal friends in life are homosexually oriented.

I'm a retired social worker, and lots of them are also homosexual. I work as a seasonal admin assistant now, for a local amusement festival, and my boss is of that persuasion. One of my favorite people. His male friends are cool, too, I've met them.

I love them just like I love anyone else that walks bipedially. (sp?) I'm not going to hate gay folks, despite what MO and Fred Phelps says. Neither of them are Christ.

Good for you. Keep fighting the good fight.
There is no place for hate in our world anymore.

Do you ever check out the Psychology Philosophy Metaphysical forum? Cool stuff in there...

I'm getting weary of the nasty, judgmental spite and ignorance of some members on these religious forums. They depress me, because their narrow-mindedness makes me feel hopeless that our species will somehow survive.

Anyway, yeah, husband got a new Harley Dyna Wide Glide couple weekends ago...if it's nice weather, we'll probably ride. Today cleaning house, and trying to relax the tension built up in me over the last few days (trying to engage with some fanatic and twisted types who won't and don't converse).
Hugs to you and all my friends here!

Spring is here!! Yay....(earlier than ever in my lifetime...weird. I know it's global warming, but it's nice to think it's the Divine showing his/her hand sooner than usual to remind us of the importance of our earth).

The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

On the other hand, I'm listening to a radio talk program about the negative consequences on the ecosystem when it happens....might affect food sources, pollenation, mating, etc. in a bad way....but it's pretty.
Now I'm getting depressed again. Ttyl!
edit on 22-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

We don't know you as a person, where you are coming from on this. We can only remark, OK, I hear you. But we need more....

If Jesus is knocking around, it would be good if everyone sees him. Introduce me and others.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
John 20

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God
1Timothy1

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians4

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life....
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Hebrews7

2 Corinthians 5:
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Okay, hold up there, dude.

You've just recently joined on these forums, and I don't know you. Yet. Nevertheless, I have defended your points, and starred your posts. I have admired your knowledge and your ability to articulate it (although I thought I saw something about a blog titled by your user name, so maybe you're repeating things from your blog. I don't know and I don't care. You wouldn't be the first Religion guy who has his own blog, either.)

But for you to automatically judge me as being high on Holy Smoke (I'm not a practicing member of any faith, thank you very much.
) is unfair, arrogant, and shows that you are not actually reading others' contributions to get to know them.

So, I will hereby chastise you for lumping people together under broad generalizations and the attitude you have that you are "schooling" others here, let alone that you know-it-all about Christians and the varieties of beliefs that they hold.

I hereby retract my former support of your contributions until you prove that you are capable of discussion and not just coming in here bull-dozing as if the rest of us are idiots. I no longer believe you are here to promote peace and tolerance; no, on the contrary, it appears you are here to promote yourself, feel superior, and dispel your vast stores of knowledge.

My "perspective" is one of world peace, acceptance, tolerance, and cooperation. You can "keep it in mind", or, you can contribute to the annihilation of the planet and it's population.

My "perspective" has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with the human race's survival. Pride and arrogance are not virtues.

"Holy Smoke" my backside. You want respect, avoid being a smart-ass. Good day to you, sir.

edit on 22-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

"Holy Smoke" my backside. You want respect, avoid being a smart-ass. Good day to you, sir.

Holy Smoke was a reference to the words in the Bible that don't serve the issues of benevolence toward others.

Since you are not a Bible Narrative author, the comment was not againt you, but was against the wrong words in the Bible and the issues of Faith that all the Holly Rollers insist everyone buy into.

Holly Rollers play games, most of them insist you have to accept every word in the Bible was the word of God and you have to accept all of it. So, these take every thing on Faith types often blow Holy Smoke.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So you are a fraud.

More correctly put, you appear to be just a troll type sturring up nothing.

You screwed up the DVD complaints, spewing vitrol about a bad quality video.

Who I am is NUNYA. It is why we have nicknames here. Asking or demanding to know is likely a violation of the ATS rules. It also points to you appear to be going after the person, rather than the ideas presented.

Thus, Some things are not even worth a comment----except to point out the methods of a troll.

What you just stated amounts to a personal attack. Stick to the subjects, discussions of the ideas. Don't get into attack the person.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Trolling

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

"Holy smoke" huh?

Yes, Holy Smoke. My basic issues is the Diest perspective and I don't buy any majic Holy Smoke. I like the message of Jesus, don't buy the Jesus is God theme. Jesus was conceived in the usual way, with his parents wishes for him to the pious and wise and to become the symbolic messiah. Jesus was a great Prophet.

Don't buy any of the Symbols of Babylon being associated with Jesus. That means the Cross you fly.

I don't like the OT message of hate the Gay Folks. Don't like anything about Faith that makes people loose common sense, and crital thinking.

I really don't know you well, just that you often run cross purpose against what the Essene's teachings were about. You seem to have part of the issues right, but I do think you are in the domain that Jesus is God and you took that on Faith. And such was wrong then and wrong now.

Your views on Jesus are better than most. But, around here there are anti-Gay ministers preaching against Gay and they have to have machine gun toating guards in the congregation, which isn't about Jesus values.

When I speak to churches and houses, this means all the churches that carry the same titles as yours, but don't know a thing about Essene or Jesus values. In general, I speak about the composite views of religion that seek to address the problem areas. You always seem to speak of you and think the world is like you, and such denial is the greater problems with doing that just doesn't speak to the real problems.

So, you appear to separate between the OT and the NT. Does this mean you consider areas of the Bible Narratives as bad, areas not written by god, areas that go against the Jesus views. Did you tell this somewhere that I missed?

When you hang out with a church and many churches are known for negative values on Gay, you get known by the general image of the churches and that company association.

When you speak for only yourself and not the churches, become more clear.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Clear Speaking

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

We don't know you as a person, where you are coming from on this. We can only remark, OK, I hear you. But we need more....

If Jesus is knocking around, it would be good if everyone sees him. Introduce me and others.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
John 20

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God
1Timothy1

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians4

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life....
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Hebrews7

2 Corinthians 5:
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight

======

Come over here, I have a nice bridge with no railings. Show me that Faith.

There were just as many non-sense sellers running around back then as now. It was written does not substitute to common sense and reason.

I Don't buy Jesus as God-----that is blasphemy in most all religions. Jesus can't be the one that designed all the heavenly bodies, made the planets spin. None of that.

Show Jesus to the world, so everyone sees tangeble person that checks out, or we'll just see it was written as pure nonsense. Intelligenct people don't work on Faith, science will help. No crazy miracles will do.

So, you have you views-----those views I do not share or approve.

There is no way that I will meet you in the middle, or elsewhere.

Such overstatement, such embellishment of the Prophet, I consider to be bad beliefs. Beliefs that mislead the world, cause serious religious divisions, and cause wars in the End Times.

You won't see me with any Crosses around me. I'll not be going to a church with too much money, very little common sense, or lost skills for critical thinking. Likewise, I won't be approving of your views either.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Bad Bible nonsense

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join