It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I myself am quite aware of that verse, but take a hard look at it, and use your brain....this "bright cloud overshadowed them" was a Spacecraft, there were many sightings recorded in the Bible. Psalms 68:17 The chariots of God [are] twenty thousand, [even] thousands of Angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the "holy place"

Why isn't just a "bright cloud"?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Even in the information about the lost tomb of Jesus, one finds that it appears the Knights Templar knew just where this tomb was and even held some rituals there. They found the truth and that Jesus had offspring, which it appears they found and protected. They had really big secrets the Vatican didn't want them to know.

The Templars lived in honor of the Essene traditions, became the most trusted in banking, and their truth seeking so accurate it treatened the fairy tales of the Vatican and their goal of wealth. Lots of the Templars were killed for the same reason as Jesus, others went into hiding and continued in secret.

But there is one telling thing, that the line of Noah appears to have come from the fallen angles and there is a need or tradition to preserve the bloodline's mitochondrial mtDNA signatures, as it shows up in the tradiations of Judaism as being passed by the Mother. So, there is mtDNA science issues on if a person was Jewish as passed by the mother, which is the same idea behind mitochondrial mtDNA being passed. That would tend to make those that didn't keep to that tradiation hardly Jewish via the mtDNA definition. So, real science even explains the Jews who are not Jews. Jesus came from the bloodline of David and David went on back to Noah's bloodline. This theme even affects those that would be called Royal Bloodlines today.

So we find little themes like Reptilians, and Palladians----look a little deeper and we find this same mtDNA issue.

edit on 21-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Old Rituals

Hmm, this reminds me of a Dan Brown novel
We can cut all that "paleo-babble" and bad archaeology out of the argument right now, which seems to be the basis of most of your posts on this thread.

The most interesting thing we are told about Noah himself is that he was perfect in his generation (Genesis 6:9). Not morally perfect, but without a physical blemish (tamiyim=taman his genetic makeup was untouched. This would make sense, because why would God choose to save the evil he was eradicating from earth? You're conclusion is completely unfounded.

mtDNA isn't traditional, and definitely not exclusive to the Jews. If you were born of a woman, mtDNA is going to be passed down to you. There are no "science" issues on the legitimacy of the Jews (Link please). You don't even know how mtDNA works.

Reptillians aren't real...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I'm not attempting to explain anything just showing a few "backups" so to speak for the supernatural miraculous occurences which are riddled throughout the scriptures..a personal favorite is in Acts9 when Saul heard Jesus and another is in Matthew28 when Mary and Mary saw an angel who had a certain decription - fascinating stuff!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Rustami

Right, well I'm gay and I'd rather be damned to fake hell than believe lies.

I'm not going to get into the gay and hell thing but do recommend you re-evaluate who is lying

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
1 John 2

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by ILikeStars

DUDE, pics can be Photoshopped! I've got something far greater, how about historical and archaeological record?

Virtually weekly a new discovery in Israel, Egypt, or Babylonia debunks a skeptic claim about the historicity of the Bible and vindicates the Biblical accounts.

Deny Ignorance friend.

We know almost nothing about the isrealites before the time of King David in the 10th century B.C. That's almost 1000 years of just speculation. We don't know about their religion, daily life or how/who even settled there. Most of the conclusions are based upon surrounding cultures like canaanites and Ugarit, but still that is dangerous.

Compare that to the Egyptians and Sumerians who we know almost too much about haha. There are so many factors that go into the preservation of written records. Cuneiform last forever, heiroglyphs last forever, and papyrus last a very long time. Possibly the isrealites writings were destroyed by Babylonian invaders in the 7th century B.C.

Unfortunately people feel like the Bible has to survive all these historic crucibles to be taken as truth. That's never going to happen...So many things have been lost in history and are never going to be discovered again. We see it with alot of cultures, not just the Bible. It seems like alot of the time the same Bible bashers don't even question some of the massive assumptions in high school history books (There are alot). Cultures disappear without traces all the time, for whatever reason. People don't get written about, places don't get recorded properly. History is largely faith based, it relies on assumptions to fit the traditional view.

In regards to videos like "Mountain of Fire", it's proof for me. It won't ever be proof to skeptics until a proper archeological excavation is taken place. That's never going to happen because it's on foreign soil, do you think the Islamic government's going to let us into their country to prove our book? The same thing with the supposed discovery of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat.

History is never going to be re-written, it will remain traditional however incorrect. It especially is never going to be rewritten to be favoritable to Christians. The Bible told us that times would be like this.

What sets us apart from other people is faith. I feel sorry for people who need all this evidence to believe in God, I pray that Christ reveals himself to them. We are going to be judged on faith, and it will be a rude awakening for some people.

EDIT: Thanks so much for linking that video.! God will reveal all, God is great.!!!

edit on 21-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Why isn't just a "bright cloud"?

Because the event is associated with the word "glory." As in "Glory of the Lord."
Shekhinah
In the New Testament the Greek word for glory is doxa, which when applied to people is focused on the opinions of others; expresses the value people put on others based on their accomplishments. The Greeks highest goal was to be honored and praised by others. This meaning is completely transformed in the Bible. When the translators of the Hebrew Old Testament into Greek chose doxa to translate the Hebrew word kabod; glory as mere human opinion was radically transformed into glory as the majesty associated with God’s revelation of Himself to mankind. So, that being known, when the Ancients spoke of "Glory," they were placing value on an event based on what others thought of the thing, and taking into consideration the accomplishments the "Glory" has been known to do. In simple terms, popular gossip.

Knowing what I know, I applied to the Bible stories concerning the "Glory of the Lord" makes the story make perfect sense. Who can really believe in a God flying around spitting fire? Of yeah, forgot.
Yahweh. Many, including some Gnostics, say Yahweh was a Storm God named Yaw, and was in fact a Dragon.

Bible References to Serpents

Bible Dragons

Bel and the Dragon (Straight from the KJV Bible)

Leviathan

Dragon Society - Real History, Dragon Philosophy and The Importance of Royal Bloodlines

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So basically, to you the only way it makes since if he's in a spaceship? Sorry, but I don't need spacecraft to understand the LORD.

You're best chance at an argument for that would've been to use examples like Genesis, when the LORD's Rauch hovered above the waters; or when the LORD's Rauch picks Ezekial and flies him to the East gate; or how the root of Rauch looks like this in Sumerian:

"A" "U"

Yahweh isn't Yaw. You must be referring to the Ugaritic Ba'al cycle correct? Yaw wasn't a storm god, Yaw was the primordial dragon of the seas. As simply as I can put it, the ancients didn't even believe that. So many problems arise when you make that assumption. Just read up on some real Semitic mythology (No greek concepts allowed
):

Ugarit and the Bible
Ugarit and Canaanite mythology
The Ba'al cycle

"After there arrive the messengers of Yam (Yaw),
The emissaries of JudgeNahar.
At the feet of El They do not fall,
They do not prostrate Themselves before the Convocation of the Assembly.
Arise, for They declare Their information.
A fire, two fires!
He sees a burnished sword!
They say to The Bull, His father, El (El=El Elyon= the Most High God=Yahweh see Psalms 97:9)
"The message of Yam, Your lord,
Of Your master, Judge Nahar:
'Give up, O Gods, Him whom Ye harbor,
Him whom the multitudes harbor!
Give up Baal and His partisans,
Dagon's Son, so that I may inherit His gold!'"

Yaw is the son of El

Gnostics are crazy, nuff said.!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Stunning. I would bet an educated Gnostic would say the same about you, friend. I would also bet that you do not know thing one about the Gnostic Teachings.

Gnostics, Gnostic Gospels, & Gnosticism

The Gnostic World View: A Brief Summary of Gnosticism

Gnostics make a great deal more sense than the average Christian does. And, Gnostics are more knowledgeable on the Bible too. That is a mighty big ego you have there. And a pretty high horse too.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

I'm not attempting to explain anything just showing a few "backups" so to speak for the supernatural miraculous occurences which are riddled throughout the scriptures..a personal favorite is in Acts9 when Saul heard Jesus and another is in Matthew28 when Mary and Mary saw an angel who had a certain decription - fascinating stuff!

=======

That is fine----just as long as you recognize the lengths some of these old types would go to attempt to tell god is giving them a sign, and this one was about some nice fluffy white cloud that made Jesus face more bright. Jesus had to turn them off, and tell them he is just man. It was a pain for Jesus to keep his followers straight, and this gonna make you a tabenackly cause nice cloud passed over you head is more of the religion nonsense from the times of Jesus.

There were these embellishments from his followers all the time and he had to be on the defense most of the time and reign them in.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Stunning. I would bet an educated Gnostic would say the same about you, friend. I would also bet that you do not know thing one about the Gnostic Teachings.

Gnostics, Gnostic Gospels, & Gnosticism

The Gnostic World View: A Brief Summary of Gnosticism

Gnostics make a great deal more sense than the average Christian does. And, Gnostics are more knowledgeable on the Bible too. That is a mighty big ego you have there. And a pretty high horse too.

I am an educated Bible student, I'll debate any Gnostic.

I'm sure they would call me crazy but at the end of the day, no respectable, reputable, sensible Bible scholar would ever posit half the asanine theology of a Gnostic. There's no hidden secret only they're only privy to. And I have a big ego for refuting Gnosticism? Their entire belief is based on egocentrism.!

A one-sentence description of Gnosticism: a religion that differentiates the evil god of this world (who is identified with the god of the Old Testament) from a higher more abstract God revealed by Jesus Christ, a religion that regards this world as the creation of a series of evil archons/powers who wish to keep the human soul trapped in an evil physical body, a religion that preaches a hidden wisdom or knowledge only to a select group as necessary for salvation or escape from this world.

Right off the back they're wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It does appear that your "Mountain of Fire" gang of one cop, one astronaught, and one stock market type failed to get the Red Sea Crossing correct, which is embarrasing. It also means that you didn't study the factors either. Big factors like missing Solomon's columns, bigger factors like checking the fault zone mapping, and most of all looking at the relics on the sandly bottom that look like chariot wheels and some gold encrusted wheels showing up on the bottom.

You have not done well with presenting this video clip that shows a coral reef as the crossing site. Misleading. All this extensive drama to build up to an untruth and that video clip still didn't show the Mtn. of Fire. Nor the remains of the alter at its base. Most of that clip was self-aggrandized hype.

Ron Wyatt is a much more truthful place to start to see the real Crossing Site and the Real Mtn near Midian. The video that I pointed out gets the crossing site correct, shows the remains of the land bridge and even shows brokern chariot parts and a gold covered chariot wheel on this pathway.

Perhaps you may want to explain why you present the wrong crossing site......

In you speaking of this, you also seem not to address in these old times everything that happened, either small or large, was all referred to as god willed it or other term that god this and that. Seemingly it is the throwback to the times of Earth Wind Fire god thinking that connects to the gods, just Moses always speaks to only one god. All the events Moses words address in these times were about natural effects stemming from the volcanic rift zone, and that includes the Red Sea Crossing Site and the special fire, loud gas venting, and ground shaking. As last I looked when the modern folks walk around active volcanic effects they just see nature's forces, but in the times of Moses all these are god did this, god did that.

Which would suggest you might also believe in Pele, the god of the volcanos in Hawaii......

So, explain why you picked this clip that begins with misleading folks on the crossing site....

edit on 20-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Misleading Clip presented

MagnumOpus, I think i've figured you out. When you started talking about the star of David earlier, aside from a few errors, I thought you knew what you were talking about. However, in your subsequent posts you started contradicting yourself, and you wouldn't reply back to very legitimate rebutals against you, like Sigmundus's.

You're taking everything from this website: www.doewatch.com...

It's all in there. The mogen-david, the flouride scarabs, the volcanic rift zones, the miracles.

I've come to a few possible conclusions:
a. You are the writer of the site Jim Phelps, of the Magnum Opus Project.
b. You are plagiarizing all your information
c. You are poorly paraphrasing everything.

Are you a fraud? Explain yourself please.

The only reason I went to such lengths was because of your very poor critique of a "Mountain of Fire", which was based off of only PART 1 that you watched; you do realize there were more parts correct?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

no you misunderstand...I'm saying Jesus was raised from the dead and paid me an invisible personal visit one night that literally saved my life at an exact moment...there is no technology available to false miracle that split second moment and all it entailed..again Acts9 a favorite..the only other choice is along the lines of the movie The Matrix..lol?

That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.
Exodus 13

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
One of the ways to catch the churches message being not that of Jesus is to ask them where the story of the Essene is in the Bible's Narratives. That is a key bit of information for knowing and understanding Jesus, but when the Bible was selected for its politically motivating content there was not a trace of the Essene mentioned in the Bible.

So, almost by definition those that limit their Jesus learning to just the Bible's Narratives can't know Jesus really or walk in his footsteps of growth via knowing what the Essene valued, taught, that both Jesus Parents were Essene Masters.

The church did not want to know the Essene in the times of Constantine as they didn't promote empire, but to cast Jesus in with the Pharisee lot would make Jesus look like no problems with Empire support. So, the Bible is corrupt of intention from its inception.

The real story on why the Essene were whited out of the Bible context is they believed in equality of wealth, socialized living, and uncompromizing truth.

So, one won't find the Essene information in the Constantine Bible compositions. You won't find it in almost any Christian Churches today being taught. But the Templars found the Essene and molded their lives, dress, and living after that Essene model. They saw the values on knowing this information, and that information scared the Vatican and French Kings to want to kill off the Templars.

One can find the corrupt churches often by just seeing which ones study all the information of the Essene, and that means three areas, not one. Jerusalem, Qumran, and Mt. Carmel. Mt. Carmel was the special one that was the home of the family oriented Essene Master teachers, and both men and women could become masters. Pythagoras had very similar standards in his process of teaching others and taking them up the training levels, and men or women followed the same learning methods.

Pythagorias coupled learning from Egypt that was called Palladian information and this information was part of his school, which was mostly all about the ancient Mystery Schools, and the same training was how the Essene became Master teachers also. The theme of reptiles comes from blood hemotology, as type A and B have monkey and ape origin and type-O has the reptile resemblance. RH factor enters the equation also. But those that read from only one book, would never find these associations.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have seen the DVD "Mtn of Fire" and it was not rated very high by myself when I watched it years ago. I see those after credit stealing from Ron Wyatt, but this gang is not alone in that respect. Wyatt caused an avalanche of interest in Moses Mtn. and the Saudis appeared to have put the fences up to keep people from stealing things and to preserve the site.

The URL listed advertised being able to see the Moses Mtn of Fire, so the clip provided should have had the content that shows the Mtn. not endless self aggrandiations and Hollywood close up for two persons, and the bulk of the clip showing the wrong Red Sea Crossing Site.

I'd suggest the person that listed that link, should have watched the clip to see if the Mtn was shown. Or provided the addition links to the other clips. I found the first part misleading, so I was not about to help plug the film.

I instead listed those original sources for the discovery from Wyatt, which is where I first found this information. I also listed a much better produced DVD that does not get wrong information started in the discussions of the Red Sea Crossing. The DVD clips that I listed tell the better story, with better video presentations, actually has some scientists, and is the one DVD that I rated highly.

So, I correctly disclosed what is the proper discovery person, not those after credit stealing, and listed a DVD with many URLs that shows a more correct presentation of the area, complete with the geological features to a greater extent, and the underwater land bridge complete with old chariot wheels.

It appears your issue is that I didn't buy the misleading DVD hook line and sinker and exposed a really poor production that I basically never liked because it contains misleading information and two folks trying to steal the glory from a dead guy. Your are upset because I told the fully issue on the more original discovery person and the more correct video presenation and didn't plug the Astronaugh, SWAT team guy, and stock market fella. I think we have your number---666. imho

I think you did say this:

"The only reason I went to such lengths was because of your very poor critique of a "Mountain of Fire", which was based off of only PART 1 that you watched; you do realize there were more parts correct?"

Thus, you have the poorest of motivations.

Nothing more than that, and the speaking to the need to show the Mtn in the clip, and the need to speak up to wrong and misleading information were what was spoken about and that has not changed the need for everyone to take note of the poorer presentation. imho

I usually read every book and watch every DVD that comes out on this genre of Crossing Site, Moses Mtn. etc, so I do know the history and what is a better presentation and don't mind telling people where to be careful, what is misleading, and what rates excellent in my obsevations.

edit on 21-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Glory Stealing Video with wrong information---and its defenders poor motivations

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

no you misunderstand...I'm saying Jesus was raised from the dead and paid me an invisible personal visit one night that literally saved my life at an exact moment...there is no technology available to false miracle that split second moment and all it entailed..again Acts9 a favorite..the only other choice is along the lines of the movie The Matrix..lol?

That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.
Exodus 13

Ok. I have heard several stories of this nature, and you saw what you saw, or perhaps didn't in your "invisible personal visit" case. So, lets move to the next step and have him meet all of us. You say you have the connection and I am open to greeting Jesus any time he would like to say hello in person.

This is not to put you down, but we have to have more. Bernadette in France claimed she saw the Virgin Mary at a spring. Everyone else saw nothing. People claim they see Ghosts. Some claim the see aliens or are abducted by aliens. We also ask to see more proof from these folks too.

We don't know you as a person, where you are coming from on this. We can only remark, OK, I hear you. But we need more....

If Jesus is knocking around, it would be good if everyone sees him. Introduce me and others.

edit on 21-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Lets all get introduced to Jesus, is where this needs to move next

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I checked on this Mtn of Fire Video and there are no other clips on YouTube for it. So, some didn't do their homework before compligning. So, one can't get to see Moses Mtn. with another clip for that DVD.

I also look at Amazon for the DVD and it appear so bad they don't carry it, plus they also catch these guys as a bunch of glory stealers in the comments:

====

www.amazon.com...

unavailable.

Comments:

Go for the Original Discovery DVD instead of this one !!!,

If you really want to have more in-depth information about Mount Sinai, I strongly recommend that you go to the website of Wyatt Museum (just search it on any search engine like yahoo or google. Not being able to mention it due to restrictions) to get the original and more authentic footage (without any recreations as in this DVD) and see for yourself. The evidence presented on "The Exodus" DVD available on the said site is much vast and the onsite footage much detailed. It explores the events & route of the Exodus, revealing the extensive amount of evidence which proves the precise accuracy of the Biblical account in thrilling detail. Featuring the Red Sea Crossing site and Mt. Sinai in Saudi Arabia, it presents compelling evidences like the altar "Jehovah Nissi" made by Moses near the Rock at Horeb; the infamous Golden Calf altar; the remains of 12 Marble Pillars erected by Moses for the twelve tribes of Israel as recorded in the Scriptures; a Solitary tree located at the peak of Mt. Sinai; the water-providing large Rock at Horeb; the area of the Holy Precinct and Phoenician-style granite column erected later by King Solomon to commemorate the great event of Exodus. It also explores the underwater evidence such as Egyptian chariot remains, found at the red sea crossing site. The "Search for the Real Mt. Sinai" DVD

========

I personally have seen "Exodus Revealed" also and it is much better, without any Hollywood Non-sense trying to sell an Astronaught, SWAT TEAM policeman that broke Saudi Laws, and Market Day-Trade Speculator. imho

Lots of "Exodus Revealed" is on the YouTube with several Clips, and Amazon has it in stock and it comes highly recommended by me!! The Fact that YouTube has lots of clips of Exodus Revealed speaks to the issue that it is good. I can't find any mistakes in their presentation, so you won't be mislead with this one:

www.amazon.com...=pd_cp_mov_2

You get your moneys worth with this one!! This one carries a 2002 pub date and has the correct information and the other bogus content production carries a 2005 pub date and tries to do a knock off with misleading information that was well known and well vetted by this Exodus Revealed DVD and Ron Wyatt.

For a production done in 2005 to miss that explains why no intelligent person values or recommends it. imho

edit on 21-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Bad Content DVD shows market reactions to poor and misleading content

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You still didn't address the claim that you're plagiarizing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

Right, well I'm gay and I'd rather be damned to fake hell than believe lies.

I'm not going to get into the gay and hell thing but do recommend you re-evaluate who is lying

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
1 John 2

No thanks. I am judged by religious idiots for something i have no say in simply because it's in their book of stories.

I wonder if you ought not to re-evaluate instead?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

So many things have been lost in history and are never going to be discovered again. We see it with alot of cultures, not just the Bible.

Like what people said about King Tut in the 19th century?
Archaeologists can't tell us about things they have yet to find buried in the dirt my friend. That's most of the reason why they go out looking for these things. To discover things once thought to be lost to the pages of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I didn't even notice that there was a video! haha. I really don't watch them on this site unless I absolutely must.

The phrase, "pics, or it didn't happen" used to bug me to no end but now that I see it in the context of religion - I really understand it.

If you suggest that this video is watchable for a non-christian, I will give it a crack over the weekend.

Oh, no worries, it's a pretty cool video, really it is. If you have time I suggest it. It doesn't prove anything supernatural from the Bible, that must be taken on faith, it just proves much of the historical aspects of the Bible that skeptics have rejected for years. And to me, if the Bible nails the natural things, I can have reasoned faith it also nails the supernatural claims. But that's me friend. Other people can accept the historical aspects, but reject the supernatural, and that's fine too.

But archaeology proves one cannot deny legitimately BOTH.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join