It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everything is love, how do you explain diseases (viruses and bacteria)?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

I use the word Truth to mean anything that is Real. Reality itself. The all and everything from which everything comes from. And this is what Jesus, Buddha, mystics and gnostics who matter meant by the word Love.

it is u that lean on informations and readings translations to explain urself everyday different in concept of exclusive constant fact existing, that is ur choice which by definition has nothing to do with truth nor reality

if god is love by opposition to what u r, and if love is truth, so what r u miss plz? dont tell me i m not interested to hear any reply of lies to that

but the bottom point that contradict totally ur statement, is the obvious fallacy u did to force the concept of reality in same realms of ur beliefs that didnt included it before

sorry miss, but reality by definition is the opposition to source

reality concept is of else existence fact in base of sameness objectivity, so all to itself objective fact which justify its always ends being free
where there is reality there is no back to any, it is all objective sweety even if the end is nothing real but free sense out symbolically true

ur perception of reality being one god, that is loving what exactly btw?? anyway, that perception is urs infinite inferiority, how u can say god reality being that all while u that can say it is barely a form of being real only to urself one
and if god is that bigger size to u then u r meaning actually being superior to god since substantially u believe being same but inferior size, so superior in substance which justify how u can mean it as a whole one reality

which then prove blablabla that u r evil kind, enjoying the sense of belief u got from meaning god inferiority in depth so u could mean more freely to hang around for lies and pretenses as it please u to abuse inferior reality forced

freedom is never real unless bc of else freedom fact being existing too objectively

it is amazing to buy and sell the will to impose that one is happy in inventing creation of himself being objectively real alone in constant terms, what offense to truth directly

how such inferior act of one is really the source of objective existence?

free one is already the present ultimate superiority of itself reality freedom, how would he choose to become less existing by inventing stories of its existence according to inferiors awareness forced to? waiting for them to wake up on him to say his name for real slaves chosen from as the way of his life

i can see ur disturbed mind, sorry to break through but those fancies cannot even been sold in words, that is why i say it clearly for u and for what u cannot say it, it is debility to an extreme edge

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Take the new testament. No where else is god so simply described as "God IS Love". Not "God is LIKE Love"... Or "God is Loving" or "God has a Loving characteristic". It doesn't matter what you think the word means when you are reading something. It matters what the author meant. If you hope to understand what they are saying.

Actually, in 1 John 4:16 it says just that:

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."

There is also this:

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." (1 John 4:8)

If love = reality, it wouldn't make sense to say "to love" or "to love thy neighbor"

edit on 12-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
in general term as a reply to the op, diseases can justify love from what love is inferiority of one to b true or even existing freedom individuality

so any move that free sense make consciously is always the source of microbes bc it is keeping stepping on perfections while the impact of what has nothing to do with perfections and perfections stepped on is reality of diseases that are screaming hey stop all

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

who said everything is love? lol

pics or it didnt happen...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
everything is love, is the idea of being positive enjoying its living freedom sense from knowing that absolute superiority is a true constant source of positive reality so it can never end

that is how love is clearly meant and through clear pics, that disturbing image of beatitude that make nosense at all and become directly evil when it is forced to relate to reality, prefering that sense of being happy for nothing and especially from havin nothing to do nor to see or recognize

while the fact is that absolute superiority is truth existence and yea truth dont care about positive objective reality but as being superior to it more, in the concept of object superiority being superior to infinite superiority ends

so inferiority cant b a choice when superiority exist, it will certainly force its absolute superiority at the end to an extent i cant imagine wat u would become, especially in ur gods

u accepted their negativity well u will have to live exclusively through that acceptance literaly it is gonna b their only life as one

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
meaning being positive as a fact from taking for granted the knowledge of superior existence, is the creation of subject in terms of loving to b, while objectively that subject mean by lovin to b, the confirmation of being one whole reality knowing that it is all wrong and not true, so it keep meaning that any of its move is never indifferent or objective while always moving in enjoying really

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To the OP, here is my take on it. The major hurdle I think comes with the belief that death is the end, which IMO it is not. Love is something that some believe is the very basis of reality, but when looking at our world it is very easy to say otherwise. The concept is that we are all ONE being experiencing itself through us, through our thoughts, experiences, joys and sorrows. From the perspective of the individual, it is hard to imagine because of the physicality and duality of this dimension. But as theorized by scientists, there is now possible proof of existence of other higher dimensions. What if all dimensions are tied together in some form with the illusion of time giving it a fragmented appearance. What if at higher and higher levels more awareness presides? There are so many questions that IMO we cannot answer at our current level of awareness.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

i dont get at all the idea of one experiencing itself through humans, it is total fancy from both sides clearly exclusively

when each human is only bc of its limited objective perspective and for its own limited subjective result awareness, what one is experiencing any of such limitations and stories fake life plays

all and any is meaning the fancy of ego life by itself freedom that all and any agree upon to all, i experience through u says who, we exist as u says them, and all is happy to play smthg different in that positive life subjectivity guarantee of one condition to b happy in love as fully supported to a crazy edge

it is really horrible to not care for the consequences of such at all, meaning being one abstract fallacy of positive wills as an absolute fact in opposite reality, like we mean the same but we dont say it and while we must play it as opposite faces to sound true to our fancy, one superior facing ones free positive, and free positive will praising the superior in him and superior will possessing a positive face

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

I use the word Truth to mean anything that is Real. Reality itself. The all and everything from which everything comes from. And this is what Jesus, Buddha, mystics and gnostics who matter meant by the word Love.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are actually trying to communicate. And it's probably because english isn't your first language. My bad. If i understood your native language we might have a more constructive conversation.

That said, i am getting that you disagree with me and it seems like you MAY be a little perturbed.

"if god is love by opposition to what u r, and if love is truth, so what r u miss plz?" - I am delusion made manifest. Denial materialized. Same as you. I am a reflection of what is Real, but not real. In me you see positive and negative.. bad and good. But in the context of Truth i am 100% delusion and denial.

"ur perception of reality being one god, that is loving what exactly btw?? "

God is not loving anything. God is Love. That is what i said. Time is an illusion. I didn't make up the idea. But you should admit that Eternity is without time. Not a long time. So the idea of loving is a concept rooted in time. Expression is rooted in time. "God" or Truth does not do anything. Doing would imply that Truth is changing over Time. But Truth is Eternity and without time.

I am not Real. I am not God/Love/Truth. So if you want to be mad at Truth/God/Love or whatever you prefer to call it, you are barking up the wrong tree. I am no more Truth than you are..

" waiting for them to wake up on him to say his name for real slaves chosen from as the way of his life " - This is all a fantasy and delusion. None of it is real. God/Truth/Love is not responsible for what is not real. It has no control over it. It's not making you a slave and it's not making you do anything. If you hold your head under water for 20 minutes you will likely drown. Does that make you a slave to water? If you jump off a building you will die. Does that make you a slave to gravity?

"freedom is never real unless bc of else freedom fact being existing too objectively "
Yes freedom as you and i know it is not real. You are right. Nothing you can perceive is real. And you can't make any of it real.

Don't let fantasies and delusion make you upset.. unless that is what you're into. Peace!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Take the new testament. No where else is god so simply described as "God IS Love". Not "God is LIKE Love"... Or "God is Loving" or "God has a Loving characteristic". It doesn't matter what you think the word means when you are reading something. It matters what the author meant. If you hope to understand what they are saying.

Actually, in 1 John 4:16 it says just that:

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."

There is also this:

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." (1 John 4:8)

If love = reality, it wouldn't make sense to say "to love" or "to love thy neighbor"

edit on 12-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

The best we can do is express a reflection. So if you want to "know" truth/God the practice is Love. The more you love the more you understand what it is and what it is not. Truth and Reality are the same thing. I mean.. they mean the same thing. The quotes above are a suggestion of a simple practice, what we know as love, as a way to see what is Real.

Reality - "The world or the state of things as they actually exist" This is the definition.. but remove the "world" part. ""The state of things as they actually exist" So what can actually exist that is not True?

Actual - "Existing in fact"

Truth - "The quality or state of being true" and "That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality"

So the issue is.. if we are in denial we are not living in Reality. And the hard truth about everything we look at, see and touch is... that it is not Real. Because we cannot see or know what we deny. This isn't just some idea or spiritual concept. The material world is not real. Our "universe" does not exist in Reality because what we perceive is run through our lens of denial and delusion.

These aren't my ideas. I didn't invent them or make them up.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wonder whether stupidity is a necessary trait to participate in esoteric talk? My mind repells all that nonsense so vehemently, i don't think it could do differently, even if I wanted to.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

when u r a delusion to urself then how are u meaning that all is like u or that u matter to anyone else, it proves how there is nothing but truth or lies in absolute dimensions and terms
u belong totally to evil life and all ur sentences is nothing but clear samples of absolute lies existence for opportunism on truth knowledge and truth existence rights
too simple
u r nothing to any else and much less then nothing to everything and complete evil to truth
prepare urself to wars, peace is not ur choice

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CriticalCK
I wonder whether stupidity is a necessary trait to participate in esoteric talk? My mind repells all that nonsense so vehemently, i don't think it could do differently, even if I wanted to.

er - don't yo mean "metaphysical talk"? eso-teric is just the opposite of exo-teric... it is the metaPHORIC principles held codedly within the literal interpretations (exo) ....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Mind telling us where you heard everything is love. Mother kills her 2 year old son, father rapes his 5 year old daughter, guy shoots his best friend...I could go on and on and on...this world is not full of love it is full of hate and discrimination. The lucky ones in this world are the ones that find true love and true love is not for everyone most of us will suffer for the rest of our lives without love.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You cant apply love to virus and bacteria, virus are mostly always in a state of survival, they will do anything to survive just like we do, they dont really think its instinct and evolution. bacteria on the other hand are mostly colonies. they make love and more bacteries spawn

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i dont understand what you mean, please elaborate. Do you mean if God is love, why is there suffering? My theory is that it defines our mettle. Loss allows us to grow spiritually. Hardship builds character.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
this assumes that life on earth is the end-all, be-all... and i am NOT a christian, or any practitioner of organized religion, but yes, i believe in love. that is, i believe that love = light, and the darkness which does exist (in a material sense, viruses and disease can be considered "dark") is there to provide CONTRAST to the light. without light and dark in something of equal proportion, how could we perceive either of them? one thing only enters our awareness as real in contrast to that which it is not. this is a general philosophical concept (philosophy being an interest of mine), as well as important to many eastern religion schools of thought. yin and yang you're familiar with? "as above, is below?"

light and dark are not discriminating sometimes, or not in a way that we can readily perceive. "why do good things happen to good people?" is a question asked by people from all walks of life and belief systems. it's a difficult one to tackle. however, i see "bad things" as having their purpose, just as i believe that suffering is often a prerequisite to wisdom, understanding, and growth. to decay (and suffer, and to feel pain, and "go through #") is to be allowed the chance for growth, to TRANSCEND the dark, to fully embody it and understand it, so that we can thus fully embrace its exact opposite intensity in the light.

once you fully experience the darkest of nights, the days of light that follow will be much more appreciated. so it should be understood that evil is a necessary force in our material existence. it allows for us to make a choice, to know what we're leaving behind when we step into the force of light. the garden of eden and fall from grace is an apt metaphor for what i'm discussing here. how could adam, eve, or any of us, truly understand and embrace the beauty that the world is filled with without also understanding, in equal measure, its simultaneous depths of pain? only after we stare down evil square in the eye can we be completely free to choose the light.

i hope this makes sense. if you'd like further clarification or explanation, i'd be more than willing to elaborate!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
also, i believe the next phase of darwin's "survival of the fittest" could be to not only view our immediate familiies, friends, and neighbors as kin, but all of humanity. to realize, as sartre elaborated upon in "existentialism is a humanism," the way in which we treat every human being is a reflection of how we believe every single person on the planet should behave. we are responsible, wholly and completely, for living in a manner that embodies our beliefs about how every person should. it is our actions, not our beliefs or thoughts, that set the standard for ourselves and everyone else. we singularly are responsible for every other person on the planet. each person is.

"what you are the world is, and without your transformation, there can be no transformation of the world." - krishnamurti

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Viruses and bacteria love to feed off you. All part of the web of life! God could have made earthly life perfect, but then there would be nothing to strive for.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jewdiful

HI Jewdiful, If your avatar is a pic of you then you are "jewdiful" lol, but alas I am spoken for *sigh*(My wife is awesome and... well I can't think of something that combines anglo-saxon, and beautiful.) I just wanted to pay you a compliment on your pleasant visage, and obviously engaged mind. A random act of kindness if you will. Great minds are hard to find.

Joking aside, I really like the way you think, and I tend to think the same way. Were I to "pidgeon hole" myself I would call myself a Taoist. It is true that all is not love, without hate love could not exist. The whole yen, and yang concept. Also it is "As above, so below."

I think the "bad" things that happen to us probably aren't as bad as our limited mortal perspective makes them appear. Death is probably not as "bad" as we think it is. Life is definitely better than we think it is. In a sense it probably is a "cosmic joke" but one I think we will all find hilarious later.

Even though I am well versed in science, without philosophy we fail to answer IF we should do something simply because we can. Science only seeks to answer if it is possible, and how it happens. Philosophy seeks to answer, why? Why do we care? Why do we even want to know? These are the deeper, harder questions.

For example: On the one hand society tells us "Do not kill." - 99.9% of the time this is great advice. It is even one of the 10 commandments of the Christian Bible. I am a medical professional, and have even taken an oath to eliminate suffering, and do no harm. We should all strive to live in peace, and help our neighbor. However it is not applicable in all models, and scenarios. If you are a criminal, and invade my home/car/work etc..., and pose direct threat to the health, and well being of myself or wife, and children, I will do everything in my power to neutralize you quickly, and efficiently. Including kill you, or cause serious permanent harm. Not because I am violent by nature, or wish to see bad things happen. I can be violent, and cause harm because I love more than myself. I am not violent, or harmful for self gratification. Kind of like the Dos Exuis man. "I'm almost never violent, but when I am I prefer a 404 can of whoopa$$."

Better said by J.R.R. Tolkien's character Faramir. "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Or by another whom I have found trouble accurately citing, but is poignant none the less. "The violence of evil men is ever held at bay by the violence of good men, more ruthlesly applied."

Of course this is all a macro, of the situation presented by the OP with bacteria, and viri etc... To have a black, and white view of the world is naive. There are so many shades of grey.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join