It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS please have a Martial Arts Forum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It can be argued that other BTS forums don't fit the theme of ATS. Why should a Martial Arts forum be treated any different?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Where do we stop then? lets have a Sunday Football forum or a Going to the gym forum. Or a fishing forum (seeing that is the biggest sport in the world) You have a lot of places you can post so pick one and stick to it.
ATS has far to many forums as it is.
Oh and I got my 2nd dan in Shotokan karate last year.
edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Then why doesn't ATS just get rid off half the BTS forums going by your stance? A Martial Arts forum would be put to good use, not only fot martial artists like you and i, but for the interested who want to research about a particular art (ATS would be very useful, as the members are more driven to post a complete thread). Oh an congratulations

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If I want to talk about MA's I goto a MA website why? because they are solely for Martial artists and they will have more content etc.
But if you can convince the owners to put one up kudos to you

edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I really like Twizzlers. I know that there are quite a few other people out there who like Twizzlers as well. Therefore, in light of this, I really think it would be a great idea to add a Twizzlers forum to ATS.

Stupid, right? Exactly.

No, there should not be a Martial Arts forum here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

If people want to converse about cars then don't they go to a specific car site instead of using a pretty much defunct forum? What i am trying to say is that there aren't very many good MA websites, and it would be awesome if ATS had a forum dedicated to MA. Btw, who would i message for suvh a proposal?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If we are taking a vote, count me on the NO side. This site would be a CF if everyone had their way with threads based on their own interests.

I could see the next request. "can we have a MIXED martial arts forum?"

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

MMA falls under internaional sport. Martial Arts are their own entity. I feel that ATS should have a MA forum as it would allow for MA enthusiasts to have an educated discussion regarding various styles, techniques, and even better, the tradition and history behind such arts.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind a MA forum here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Congrats and keep up the hard work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join