It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS please have a Martial Arts Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Over the last couple of months i have witnessed a boom in Martial Arts discussions and threads. I am wondering if it was possible for ATS to include a Martial Arts Forum for us enthusiasts, so we have a single forum to post in, rather than survival or world sports.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Seconded.

I think it is a perfect topic in below top secret. There will be countless Bruce Lee Conspiracy threads, and style versus athlete debates. Also a wealth of information on styles to study, and the histories of the individual arts.

Star and Flag coming from me!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Absolutely agree! Perhaps there should even be a restricted one like RATS too so folks could post Dim Mak techniques

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Not gonna happen OP ! There's already a sports forum and whatever you're looking for should be compiled within it's boundries. I'm against it anyway in the ATS topside. But I believe there is a sports forum BELOW deck.

But I am a huge fan of Bruce Lee. Even had a sinsei tell me if I was there to learn how to fight I might as well not waste my time because I already knew. Still quite the badass to this day I don't mind say'in.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In my opinion, there should be a Martial Arts forum, regardless of whether or not ther is a sports one. Martial arts is an entity unto it's own, and should be treated as such, and there are numerous Martial Artists on ATS (myself included). Sports are: Baseball, Soccer, Footy, Cricket and the like. Martial Arts are not sports.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well when you put that way I have to say good point. Or point taken. Can't really say I'm totally against the idea.
So you've convinced me. Wasn't really hard tho was it ?
edit on 12-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Martial Arts was on its own before it became sports. I say yes for a Martial Arts Forum.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Judo chop!!!

martial arts is useless except for
excercising. any thug on the street
would of shot the martial artist before
their first heeeeeeyaaaa in the real world..

but i think it is a very good hobby
for self improvement and health.

a whole forum dedicated to it..

eeeh

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
agreed! i am very interested in martial arts and would love to have it as a seperate forum on here! please add it!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bad idea it will just turn in to a mess of bickering and mine is better than yours,thats all that happens on existing threads about martial arts here.

Most martial arts are sports nowdays,there are only a few true fighting systems left,so might as well leave as is.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Second this.

I've participated in plenty of Martial Art related post's/thread's and personally, I think with moderation an interesting forum could be created where interesting discussion could be carried out.

Yes, there will be trolls (hence my comment about the moderation) but don't we get that in every forum already?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ooooooooh.

I thought the thread was asking for a new forum on marital arts.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
couldnt we just have the master martial arts thread always running?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i would also love for a martial arts subforum, would make it much easier to seek out the topic for research,

i would love to research into martial arts more deeply and to be honest, ats's search engine sucks!

to many times i have typed and EXACT thread title into the search engine to get no results, after an hour of looking the hard way i find the thread and check that i had the title right and i did, this has happened many times, the search engine just doesnt work very well,

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If ATS were to grant forums for every subject asked for....they would have no bandwidth left for people to post.

Many people have asked for many different forums over the years. The thing is, to keep ATS manageable they need to limit the number of forums.

Imagine coming here and facing 500 subjects...damn...hectic

EDIT: I like cheese, can we have a cheese forum???
I like dogs...can we have a dog forum???

edit on 13-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I can understand, but really, Martial Arts is huge and many ATS members are practitioners. As far as i understand, the wrold sports section isn't exactly popular or used. Why not eliminate it for a MA forum? They can eliminate many of the BTS forums if they wanted to. Some are just taking up space. I feel that a MA forum will be used to full effect.

CX

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I agree it would be nice to have a dedicated section for MA, but also agree that you can't have a section for every hobby or sport.

Martial arts could go in many forums here...

Sport
Survival (self preservation)
Weaponry

Just need to decide which one and stick to it. Can't say i look forward to the "mine's better than yours" contest that it will become.

CX.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

But I am a huge fan of Bruce Lee. Even had a sinsei tell me if I was there to learn how to fight I might as well not waste my time because I already knew. Still quite the badass to this day I don't mind say'in.

Especially as it is "Sensei" *trollface.jpg*

2nd.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

I stand corrected.

Great Ad-hominem. You should enjoy at least a week around here as a member.

I mean what's wrong ? Got something against Bruce ?
edit on 14-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yeah doesn't really go with the theme of abovetopsecret does it? plenty of other forums on the web to do with it.
I agree use the survival one or the sports one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join