It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am quite adept at identifying aircraft, if you could message me as many details as possible, color, shape of the cabin, windshield, tail-rotor, approximate length, was it a frame tail or skinned tail? What shape was the landing gear, compared to other choppers, what kind of noise was it making? Low pitch or high pitch? Did it have peep windows in the floor? was the nose solid or clear?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I am having a really hard time believing the OP.

What is being described by the OP requires either a very, very lucky or a very, very skilled pilot.

People don't use helicopters as weapons. They are much more expensive and much less effective than say, a kitchen knife. At least if your goal is to kill someone.

The timeline is almost a joke. The police responded and took your statement in such a short time? Well, this indicates taht a police report was filed..

I hate to be that guy, but I think this extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence. You should be able to easily obtain a copy of the police report - you should blur out any personal information and even the PD information so someone couldn't pin down the town you live in, and just scan and post the statement portion.

I realize you probably don't want to disclose your personal information - that's why I say just post the cop's written statement that he would have taken when getting your version of events. You can contact the PD to get a copy.

This won't prove that your story is true, but it will definitely lend some credence to your account. I ask you for this information because I want to believe that you are telling the truth. You have a means to prove it, please do so.

Without seeing at least some evidence I am leaning toward believing this is 99% or more concocted.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

It was Swamp Gas!
*Case Closed*

Just kidding.. Maybe throw rocks into the blade if it happens again..

Sounds very surreal..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Do the OP and chrismicha77 live close to each other is what I want to know?

They've both had a similar experience at the very same time so maybe it was the same helicopter? If not, then maybe two separate helicopters that had technical problems at the same time? That would be strange.

It's a coincidence whatever the case.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I
For the moaners - I don't think the thread title is an over-reaction. When I had a plane skiffing the roofs with inches to spare and then flying directly at me I thought that was my last day. My heart was in my mouth.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by hiii_98
ever consider the possability what you saw was a ufo camaflagued to look like a helicopter? We have similiar incidents happen to us at skinwalker ranch. the truth of the matter is the occupants are not human and it flies like no known conventional helicopter.

heres a photo i took of one... these will buzz your head and act very aggresively towards the viewer.

You are claiming THAT is a UFO camouflaged to look like a helicopter?!?
Come on now......don't put those ideas in her head!
edit on March 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

the topic would apparently be far too complicated for your narrow mind to wrap around. Also why dont you let the OP respond on her own before making a judgement.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As a flight instructor who flies both airplanes and helicopters with over 25 years of experience, I think I can safely say that what these guys were doing was practicing autorotations. Open fields are a common place to do this. Having done them MANY MANY times myself, I can also safely say that you dont always see everything in a field before you begin your plunge.

This may very well have been an innocent mistake.

What would turn it into a tragedy is if you took the advice of some of the whackos here who have recommended shooting at, or throwing things into the rotors of the helicopter. IF you did not kill anyone, you would be prosecuted for a federal offense and would likely spend a number of years in prison. Who would raise your son then? Nowadays even pointing a laser pointer at an aircraft is considered a federal offense. Unless you want the wrath of the DHS to disrupt your life, do not ever point anything at an aircraft of any type at any time, ever.

Chill out. Look in your local yellow pages for helicopter operators, drive by the airport and see if you can spot the helicopter. Call the manger of the business and request they no longer use your fields for practice. He will gladly comply I am certain. If you go in screaming bloody murder, you wont get very far. And will likely be reported to the DHS for being a possible security risk. Where I fly, we have certain areas/homes we know to stay away from because of people on the ground who have complained. I am always careful to not be a nuisance, but if someone buys a home near the airport because its cheaper then dont complain about aircraft noise.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You need a concealed carry permit and a decent handgun lady.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Would you say it happened kind of like this....

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
yeah i guess your right its easier for me to believe that someone who has paid tens of thousands of dollars and YEARS of training to become a helicopter pilot (I am a fixed wing pilot) was trained to just mow people down in fields. My only point was that what the OP is describing is commonly experienced in the Basin and even the local helicopter pilots we know have no clue who...or what... is doing it. We have also seen these copters transform. Sorry to inform you life is much much more bizarre and complicated than what society has spoon fed you.

or its just a inexperienced pilot performing a common maneuver without seeing the spectator, i'm simply offering an alternative possability as neither of us was there to witness it.
edit on 11-3-2012 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You say you break out in a cold sweat every time you hear a plane or helicopter. You also say the incident occurred twenty minutes prior to posting so I am wondering how many planes and helicopters did you hear within 20 minutes after the incident? Are you located in an area with lots of air traffic? Or is this not the first time you have been scared by something involving aircraft?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sorry, I did not get to read the whole thread. Please forgive me if someone else posted something similar.

I was at the park a few weekends ago. It was not windy & the sun was out. Beautiful day. There is a huge open grassy space with an equally huge parking lot.

In the parking lot there were people doing nose-wheelies and various other tricks on speed bikes. All very cool.

We just returned to the car from riding our bikes. In front of us, this dude was starting up a remote-control helicopter. It was about 9-10 feet long & had a blade rotation like what one would see on news choppers. The tail had the controller blade spinning. It took off rather quickly and went pretty high next to immediately. It was brought down just as fast. He did tricks at heights within 50-300 feet.

I was astounded at what this thing could do.

The guy driving is a pro. I was seeing this thing do things that copters should not be able to do. Flying upside-down, flying SIDEWAYS. Going full blast - nose dive and then pull up at the very last second. He was doing loop-de-loops - forwards and backwards! This thing was fast.

With the motor bikes close by, I could not tell if this thing was electric or gas powered. Too much background noise.

The thing looked very very real. Exactly like a news copter. Blue, with white markings. About the size of a mini-van in length, and maybe 4-5 ft high. (Decapitation height.)

If there was any passenger alive such as mouse, dog, monkey, ant, human, whatever, I'm quite sure it could not survive the kinds of stunts this thing was pulling. The tight turning radiuses combined with the large G-forces - would snap any observer's neck - and definately kill any occupants. This was like watching a hockey game in the air. That's how fast this thing was able to move. Highly impressive.

The control of this thing was very precise. Granted the "driver" was not that far away and was able to see the thing at all times. It came as close as 25-50 ft, and went off as far as 1 and a 1/2 football fields.

I personally saw this together with my 13 year old son. We stood there in amazement for about 5 minutes, then we had to leave to go home. Of course, neither I nor my son thought to take video with our cell phones.

I think this guy's hobby is way cool. Given what I saw, it must be expensive to support. I also thought of the lethality (is that a word?) of this thing should it crash, run astray or simply land on someone's head.

I'm not saying this is what the OP saw, but it can explain the "un-natural" manouvers that were portrayed in the OP's encounter. What I saw was definately "un-natural".

-E2

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankerpilot
Unless you want the wrath of the DHS to disrupt your life, do not ever point anything at an aircraft of any type at any time, ever.

Those of us who've seen aircraft used in extremely antisocial ways and had the usual snobbish brush off and ridiculous denial of any responsibility when attempts are made to get some explanation aren't going to display any kind of decorum. Have the DHS investigated False Flag Terror yet? Didn't think so. What do we do with traitors? Those fools think keeping their eyes, ears and mouths shut in exchange for fiat currency is going to work. No way. Aircraft that behave irresponsibly are going to get a suitable reaction. DHS will face the wrath of the people, they are servants who've gone insane and in their insanity they imagine they have some form of authority. Check the evidence and put the trash in the bin.

In Britain Yorkshiremen are known to be straight talkers. This courageous and perceptive man points out quite clearly how his former colleagues willingly go along with an outrageous lie simply because that is where the money is. It isn't where the honour is. Every day we get closer to the final tipping point. Traitors beware.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
oh good. No not good but i thought this was going to be another try to talk someone into counseling and meds.

Well guess what. They only carry enough fuel for about 4 hrs. Its easy enough to start dialing and find the ones painted the same color of blue.

Apparently your patrol officer has no grip on investigations but that was a very serious breech that will get a license pull forever. You should continue with your local LE and if you get no where with them move on up to the FBI.

This was an act of terrorism. It should be investigated as such.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Calm down man,maybe it was blanks?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Couple of things here.

I spend a lot of time flying in rotary wing craft (an EC-145) and there are a few things you can do.

1) Get a picture of the tail number. Report them to the FAA
2) get that said tail number and track them using flight aware flightaware.com... (
3) If you get this far then you can find them on the ground. Turn the hunter into the hunted etc.

If the airframe is not listed then it gets a bit more complicated. Upfront my understanding of Aispace class is pretty limited but....

Aispace is classified into distinct areas each with its own set of rules. A-D require some sort of ATC clearance prior to entry. However, a huge chunk of the US is E which does not (I may be off) If you are near a city, urban area, or airport then they would have at the very least ident themselves.

As far as practice, it could be autorotation as mentioned but would they do that that close to the ground? Im not a pilot, Im in back so I have nary a clue on that one.

Also as noted these are expensive machines with very little margin for error, I have yet to meet a pilot who was willing to narrow the margin that much as mentioned.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am glad the op and her family are ok. They do use helicopters to hunt game. A lot of it is where they use a net gun to trap animals. Some do use guns and shoot from the chopper. I do not think they have any electronics to see what ahead. That could explain some of reason why they accede. But someone should know. FAA, local. cops, game warden. Local FFA tower should have a record of them leaving and returning

I saw a program where they used to catch some big horn sheep that hat overpopulated a Island, They used a crew to shot nets at the sheep, The had to get butt together to get the sheep. Then take them to the mainland for vet checkup and transport to a different range

The wild hog/pig are becoming a real problem. 'even ih the city www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.texasboars.com...

edit on 11-3-2012 by Papagrune because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

While I agree with everything you say.........Just try going outside and shoot the first aircraft you see. How do you know who or what is onboard? Maybe its a lifeflight and you just shot at someone's kid being transported to a hospital. Walking out with guns blazing is a sure fire way to get yourself shot. When I fly, I am armed. If someone started lauching rounds at me, they would regret it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I would not say 8 out of every 100,000 flights is many or all the time.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I would not say 8 out of every 100,000 flights is many or all the time.

Ok. Point has been made.

With that said, I seriously doubt and do not believe that this chopper was on a suicide mission trying to kill an adult and child

edit on March 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join