It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Remind me to never be in a helicopter that is flying anywhere near some of these posters. Sheesh.

OP, I believe this happened to you and you were very frightened.

What I cannot believe is the amount of people suggesting that you or anyone throw something into the rotors of a helicopter! Not even just because it's illegal, but because anybody doing such a thing would basically be committing suicide. Throwing something into the rotors of a helicopter would cause far more harm than being chased by a helicopter. Look up any helicopter crash and watch how the rotors become high speed projectiles after they hit the ground, break off and go flying! Now which is likely to cause more damage, being chased by a helicopter who's occupants risk their own lives by trying to run you down, or throwing something into the rotors, causing a crash and then having chunks of metal flying at your body, several hundred miles an hour? Wow.

OP, I hope you find out what happened and that something is done about it, even if you just get a sincere apology from the pilot. Of course, I hope it's more than that, because nobody has the right to scare you like that on your own property, even if it was unintentional. But, I hope that none of these people who are suggesting throwing things into the rotors actually practice what they preach!
edit on 3/11/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

What a bizarre Story.. I'm sure that you understand people thinking "yeah right" on this one. I do believe you, though it really sounds like a scene from a James Bond movie where an old Cessna is trying to scalp him

The maneuvers actually do sound like an out of control, remote controlled copter, because I don't know if an actual Helicopter is even capable of doing this but I'm no expert either.

Regarding the comments about you throwing stuff at the blades...
C'mon people, she's not MacGyver!

I hope you'll get over it, soon

edit on 11-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I have not read all 130 posts. I have a science based education and I start everything as a skeptic. This for sure.however, it happening to two posters is unusual and less sensational. I would say from 15 feet away I would look them directly in the eyes for intent. You would see fear, fright, concern, sadism, madness, or something.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yea & a video camera. So you can video your actions with the hand gun permit you are carrying as you exercise your 2nd amendment rights. You have rights to protect yourself & your child. I am not condoning violence, but the thread title does say "KILL ME & MY CHILD". Use your rights to do just that. Protect YOU & YOUR CHILD.

edit on 11-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

maybe them the same persons.. Since I doubt anyone had a helicopter stalking them likes theyre in a cartoon.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

and the first thing you think to do is post it on ATS

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I would bet more than a mortgage payment, the distance being described /claimed was less than the actual distance between the OP and this attack craft.

I too start with the facts.
Op lives in a rural area (probably a few aircraft an hour on an EXTREMELY high assumption)

Op posted 20 minutes after it happened, yet stated "I get the cold sweats every time I hear a helicopter and airplane" So how many aircraft flew over in 20 minutes?
I live 10 miles from Bishop airport and MAYBE hear one plane a day, and maybe 1 helicopter a month, and that is normally a U of M medical chopper.

So.......

Then I see the sentence "I could almost see bugs on the windshield" (Someone earlier does question how you could be that close and NOT see the faces) This was blamed on sun glare.

If I remember correctly, wasn't this pitched forward, (picturing that scene from 28 days later) in chase?

up and down movement, pitched forward, yet couldn't see in the windshield. No break in the glare?

I am not saying this did not happen... BUT, I highly doubt anyone except the pilot and possible passenger were in danger in this incident.

I hate to be a negative Nancy on this, but I am allowed my opinion, and this is it.
edit on 11-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Has the mundane and completely ordinary explanation come out yet???

Like this was a pilot practicing and didn't even see the OP and her child?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Oh c'mon, the "ufo disguised as a helicopter" explanation doesn't fly with you?

edit on 11-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
All Suvillian craft should cary a transponder. Write to your local air traffic safety authority and give them description and approximate times they may be able to work out who it was and discipline appropriately.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I guess I also find it odd that a mere 20 minutes after what is probably a once in a lifetime encounter with an out of control helicopter, you are posting on ATS. One would think 20 minutes after such an encounter you'd be with police, or family, or doing anything but posting here. But hey.. maybe you really like it here!

As far as getting a gun, I really don't know what you think you'd accomplish with it. Do you really expect to encounter another rogue helicopter? And if you do, do you really think a gun will assist you? You'd honestly take the time to pull it out, and shoot at the helicopter? And what.. have it plow into you and your child?

If you want a gun because of other sort of security.. ok.. but I would think getting one for this sort of situation would be silly. How many rogue copters do you really think you'll meet in your life? You got out of a bad situation, you can probably be rest assured it will not happen again, and a gun wouldn't help you if you did.

I would fully believe you would not have the werewithal to inspect #'s on an aircraft. Anyone expecting you to do so is ridiculous. Of course, you'd also not have the mindset to fire a gun in such a situation. Panic takes over. Your best bet is to do exactly what you did - flee.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Reminder!

Please do not suggest to any member to violate ATS Terms & Conditions of Use by suggesting illegal activity!

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

If you do so, your post will be removed and your account may be terminated.

Thank you.

edit on Sun Mar 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yup, sure has....lets move on to the fantastic! It was pobibly a reptoid, illuminati, manchurian candidate who was practicing fllying while he was looking at BO birth certificate.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've not had the chance to read every post, but I have a few questions

- How close to an airport or airfield are you?
- Are there any helicopter operators in you area?

It sounds like, with the erratic behaviour that the chopper may have been undertaking training. 2 seater's are usually used, in my corner of the world, as training aircraft or mustering machines. Erratic manoeuvres can indicate a newish pilot performing handling drills.

The steep dive with a pull up close to the ground sounds like an auto rotation. An auto rotation is an engine failure drill. The chopper is nose dived in order to keep the rotor blades turning by having the airflow pass over them in the dive, this will generate enough downwards thrust allowing a sudden low level pitch up, reducing the vertical descent speed to minimal levels, allowing the helicopter to land without significant damage. A vital drill and skill that all helicopter pilots must master before been allowed their licence.

Please, please, please, what ever you do, do not fire on the aircraft.

1) If it is just a training aircraft, or indeed someone been an idiot, you, not them, will end up in jail for endangering an aircraft which in the USA I believe is a federal offence.

2) If it is a military aircraft, do you seriously think that if you open fire on it that you will live to tell the tale?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

i agree, and who attacks people with helicopters? there are a million other easier ways, doesn't make sense at all. and yet this is the cream of the ats crop right now, 65 flags??

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You were warned HERE!
edit on March 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Im willing to bet the chopper is never traced.....
I can offer two possibles perhaps....
Drug running, and an attempted abduction by an UFO....
I await futher developements......

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, I am sorry that this happened to you, and I have no doubt that you were terribly frightened by this very unfair and juvinile behavior. I can probably (not definitely) explain what you just experienced, and it's as simple as a couple of immature jerks using a helicopter to mess with you. I was a helicopter pilot in the Army, and quite simply, behaviors such as this exist. I've chased things around a field before, never a human, but deer and what not. I wouldn't be worried about this person coming back to do it again, I'm sure it was a one off and they'll most likely continue their behaviors elsewhere, but I would bet money that what I've explained above probably is the actuality of the occurence.

Again, on behalf of all helicopter pilots, you have my sincerest apologies.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I grew up in a kind of rural place that was near a base and we'd always be hearing and seeing planes copters and other things. I can'T tell you how many strange things I thought I saw or heard but a lot of it was just amost like optical or auditory illusions. because the acoustics were so weird. There was nothing around for miles to compete noise-wise so echoes did feedback, got warped by the huge size of the sky or bounced off some mountains distant. We figured out there was a kind of "lensing effect" from a huge canyon not far away too. It can get really confusing, Maybe your story is something more really real. But don't jump to conclusions.
edit on 11-3-2012 by TheXoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Did you notice if the Pilot was dressed in Cowboy hat, wearing mirrored Ray Ban Aviators and a bright yellow neckerchief? Could you hear any loud music playing? Ride of the Valkries by Wagner perhaps? From your description sounds similar to someone I know as "Big Duke 6"

ahhh.... the horror..... the horror.......

Hope your son has got through it OK.

PEACE,
RK

edit on 12-3-2012 by Rigel Kent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join