It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens MINDBLOWING episode "The NASA Connection".

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The fact that most high level NASA officials and astronauts are at the highest levels of freemasonry is pretty interesting, if not unexpected

Hmm, but secret societies have no power and there's no such thing as the illuminati, at least that's what we're supposed to believe.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 1AnunnakiBastard

Unfortunately the History Channel has gone in the direction of a lot of other US networks, it's bombastic, selective, disingenuous and deceptive. It's all about getting attention rather than creating informative shows. It used to be a brand that had some credibility, based on accuracy and documentary level programming, it's nothing like that now.

A lot of what comes out of America is the same though. When you compare TV shows like this from the US to others made around the world, you can see the agenda, you can see that there's a lot of leading going on in what they say, and they're very careful about what they don't say to reinforce their bias.

If this show were made in Europe you would have a more balanced approach. There would be admission of confusion, of doubt, acceptance of skepticism. When it's made in the US, it's more like "this is what happened!" with evidence lacking and suggestions and ideas presented as facts.

Because of this, none of what these shows suggest can be accepted as real, anything can be offered under the all encompassing excuse of "entertainment".

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

If some guy named Willie said the same thing as Edgar Mitchell, the first thing you're going to ask is."Who is Willie?" That's just common sense because you're looking for credibility. You don't have to look for credibility when Edgar Mitchell says it.

You can also calibrate Mitchell's standards by examining other paranormal stories he finds credible -- like his own ESP experiment. Anybody ever read his report from Apollo-14?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I hope you feel dirty posting in this thread = p

Anyone thinking about interesting places to travel should certainly check this show out, hopefully I can get time to see the Hypogeum one day.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

And? Do you even know what "evidence" means? I'm guessing not.

I was just pointing out that there is evidence that Mitchell believes in aliens.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

You have to realize it's not journalism or anything close.

These kinds of shows make money by guaranteeing advertisers an audience who will believe ANYthing.

Look at the ads. From them you can follow the money... and then the editorial guidance.

I LOVE Ancient aliens. I don't believe a bit of it, I doubt they expect anyone to believe any of it and I doubt many people who watch it believe any of it. It is simply Entertainment. It is akin to sitting around a camp fire sharing Ghost stories.

It also often shows areas of the earth and archeology that I would never see in person. While I don't believe the far fetch stories they pitch about various locations it is none the less pleasurable to see the Pyramids and ancient buildings and ruins around the world.

It's a great show to let your mind unwind and muse about things outside the box without actually believing any of it.

Ancient Aliens is a great place to relax.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

And Edgar isn't the only astronaut who has come forward announced an alien presence.

"There is abundant evidence that we are being contacted, that civilizations have been monitoring us for a very long time. That their appearance is bizarre from any type of traditional materialistic western point of view. That these visitors use the technologies of consciousness, they use toroids, they use co-rotating magnetic disks for their propulsion systems, that seems to be a common denominator of the UFO phenomenon".

- Dr. Brian O'leary, Former NASA astronaut and Princeton Physics Professor

"In my opinion I think they were worried that it would panic the public so they started telling lies about it.
And then I think they had to tell another lie to cover their first lie, now they don't know how to get out of it. Now it's going to be so embarrassing to admit that all these administrations have told so many untruths, it would be embarrassing getting out of it. There are a number of extraterrestrial vehicles out there cruising around."

- Gordon Cooper, Former NASA Astronaut, Aeronautical Engineer and test pilot. One of the seven original Astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned space program of the United States

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
And Edgar isn't the only astronaut who has come forward announced an alien presence.

Except he hasn't "announced" anything but his own personal belief in them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asertus

People have been saying "Any day now" for at least five years.

More like 60 years or more.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Except he hasn't "announced" anything but his own personal belief in them.

Dude I've been noticing that you are ANTI EVERYTHING conspiracy related no matter what it is, no matter what forum it is. I'm starting to question why in the world are you even on this site at all. You never type more than a few lines and attempt shoot down any meaningful discussion between those who realize there's more to what's happening in this world than just what mainstream science (or whatever outlet of mainstream info) leads us to believe.

You seriously need to give it a rest because what you're doing at this point now is really bordering idiocy and it can be seen time and time again after each post you make. Especially in cases like this where a member (neoholographic) JUST EXPLAINED TO YOU about his standing being privy to information and sources of a highly credible nature.

That is exactly what he explains in this quote:

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said. 'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it"

- Edgar Mitchell

This backs up what neoholographic (whom you so conveniently dodged) was speaking on about Mitchell and his credible sources which is more than a "personal belief".

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm starting to question why in the world are you even on this site at all.

I don't think it's right to question why a member is on the site. If you disagree with what he said, just respond to that. Do you expect everyone to just automatically agree with every extraordinary claim that's made in a forum like this?

I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said. 'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it"
- Edgar Mitchell

But as was pointed out before, that's just hearsay. And he's not even speaking as a spokesman for the government. I'm not saying there hasn't been some physical evidence connected with UFO sightings in the last 70 years but the overwhelming body of information is hearsay, especially when talking about contact with actual beings. You have to understand that that eventually leads some people to become more jaded and skeptical after years of following the subject.

edit on 31-5-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

ATS is not a back slapping club, we are allowed to disagree and discuss.

As a general point (as opposed to the ongoing discussion in this thread) If you don't like a poster's points, get your thinking cap on and debate or destroy what they have to say.

If the only answer to disagreement is "why do you come here" then one has already conceded.

FWIW, i've seen ATD make some excellent and knowledgeable posts related to ancient technology and the properties of stone. Which no one was able to refute.

Seems pretty in keeping with the motto of the place.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Do we have backseat mods now?

a reply to: DelMarvel

No I don't expect everyone to agree but it's fairly noticeable when a lot of the time, objections seem to come off as arrogant and this pattern is intolerable to some. No trying to rag on any members here but his type of thing has been pointed out before.

On topic: This is not just a "personal belief". Mitchell has been privy to very credible information which adds strong support to his claims. Claims and information that come from co workers and members of the intelligence community alike. It shouldn't be so casually dismissed.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Apparently so. Some even question why people come to this site.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

As a general point (as opposed to the ongoing discussion in this thread) If you don't like a poster's points, get your thinking cap on and debate or destroy what they have to say.

It was already destroyed, I had to (re)destroy it. Something I shouldn't have had to do.

If the only answer to disagreement is "why do you come here" then one has already conceded.

"The only answer"? It seems you stopped reading after only two sentences.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And you stopped reading prior to part of my post that you actually quoted?

I clearly stated i was making a general point as opposed to specifics in this thread's discussion.

Plus if you are going to talk about what a poster "Always" does (ie few lines with no substance), you need to get it right, which you absolutely did not.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm being a "backseat mod?" You were the one criticizing someone else for being on the site.

On topic: This is not just a "personal belief". Mitchell has been privy to very credible information which adds strong support to his claims. Claims and information that come from co workers and members of the intelligence community alike. It shouldn't be so casually dismissed.

But at this point we only have his word that he has been privy to credible information. That still makes it hearsay. There is a seventy year history of people claiming to have inside information from unnamed sources that never pans out.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

And you stopped reading prior to part of my post that you actually quoted?

I clearly stated i was making a general point as opposed to specifics in this thread's discussion.

Plus if you are going to talk about what a poster "Always" does (ie few lines with no substance), you need to get it right, which you absolutely did not.

That wasn't a "general point". You specifically quoted me saying "why do you come here" as if that was my "only response" but clearly, it was not.

And what sense are you making by urging me to discuss what a poster "always does" (after I already said I'm not going to rag on other members) when it's clearly against the rules to discuss other members? If you're oblivious to what I was talking about then one needs only to check posting history and the responses that follow.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Who died and made you mod?

First of all, I am hardly "anti-everything" conspiracy-related; If that were the case, I wouldn't be on this site. Unlike most who seem to be here simply to pat each others' backs, I prefer to take a critical, rational approach to the material presented, and most of it is either people jumping to ridiculous, far-fetched conclusions without any supporting evidence, or outright fabrications. Does "deny ignorance" ring a bell?

Not that it's any of your business, but I'm mostly here for the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum (and to lurk in the aviation forum). Since it has been slow in there lately, and since I am still in the process of putting together a thread that I've been working on, I like to peruse the other forums. I believe I'm well within my right to do so. I also believe that it is against site rules to discuss other members, so tread carefully.

By the way, Mitchell's stories, interesting though they may be, are still nothing but anecdotal hearsay.
edit on 5/31/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I'm being a "backseat mod?" You were the one criticizing someone else for being on the site.

Sorry but you can't help but to wonder about the motives and intentions of some members.

But at this point we only have his word that he has been privy to credible information. That still makes it hearsay. There is a seventy year history of people claiming to have inside information from unnamed sources that never pans out.

And do you want to know why that is? I'll let Mr. Mitchell explain it again, from the above quote:

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the past 60 years or so"...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join